Save Current email in Directory.

Hi all,

Brand brand new to VBA coding. Fully fledgling newbee in the ranks!
Hoping for a little help.

My final aim is to have a button and a drop-down box in a custom
toolbar. The dropdown box will offer a number of local directories and
the button will execute a save script which saves the email (with any
attachments) in the directory currently selected in the drop-down box.
This will ideally work with the email open in the preview pane as
opposed to having to double click each message before saving it.

I'm sure this is a big job so I'l attack it one section at a time.

I've found one macro to select the message which is open in the preview
pane: (http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=50) and have also
found a number of save-email scripts.

Would anybody be able to advise how to string these together.

Thanks a million.

DomV

--
DomV
0

So far it's hard to say what you're missing.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:46:34 +0100 schrieb DomV:

> Hi all,
>
> Brand brand new to VBA coding. Fully fledgling newbee in the ranks!
> Hoping for a little help.
>
> My final aim is to have a button and a drop-down box in a custom
> toolbar. The dropdown box will offer a number of local directories and
> the button will execute a save script which saves the email (with any
> attachments) in the directory currently selected in the drop-down box.
> This will ideally work with the email open in the preview pane as
> opposed to having to double click each message before saving it.
>
> I'm sure this is a big job so I'l attack it one section at a time.
>
> I've found one macro to select the message which is open in the preview
> pane: (http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=50) and have also
> found a number of save-email scripts.
>
> Would anybody be able to advise how to string these together.
>
> Thanks a million.
>
> DomV
0
Michael

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Do Not Allow Email Option
It seems that if you have the email option set to “Do Not Allow”, then you cannot send an email to the contact from CRM. Does anyone know how to turn off this code? I do not think it can be done and in the meantime I have offered the following option to the client… Option 1 – Have all users send the email from Outlook itself, I recommend this option as it offer a more robust email tool than the CRM Email window. Option 2 – Expose the field again and allow the users to change it as needed Option 3 – Set all contact to email = Allow/Yes …. Any insight is extremely appreciated. ...

Email address format with a twist
Exchange 2003 SP2. We currently have email addresses in the form of jdoe@domain.com. We would like to add an additional address of john.doe@domain.com and set it to be the primary address. All new accounts would then follow this new format. I know I can edit the recipient policy for the default domain to be %g.%s@domain.com. However, and here's the twist: we receive a daily .csv file from HR that has all employees Given Name, Preferred Name, Last Name, etc. We then programmitcally sync this with AD whereby Given Name goes into the First Name field, Last Name goes into the L...

i cannot send or recieve emails
hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of "send/recieve progress" comes up and says there is a error "shawnte78" <shawnte78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D04ABED-810E-40B5-A6F5-7AF3F5834111@microsoft.com... > hello.....i cannot send or recieve emails... a seperate box of > "send/recieve > progress" comes up and says there is a error In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information about your problem. For starters... 1. Type of account you have configured. POP3,...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

External emails sitting in outbox
Good morning, I've got a really strange issue that I can't get to the bottom of. Basically if I send an external email it will sit in the outbox and not go anywhere, however if I then send another external email it's sent no problem, but the first still sits in the outbox. If I delete the email from the outbox and send another one it just sits in the outbox. Any help would be great. Cheers, Dylan. I've checked the submission queue and it doesn't even look like email is making it that far. "Dylan" wrote: > Good morning, I've got a re...

Saving Images

Unable to type email response in outlook emails
I am unable to type in an email response in outlook. When I begin typing I get very small., small letters and the body of the original email is in the new response screen as very tiny letters and therefor not allowing me to type. Any suggestions? Thanks! Check your zoom settings. See; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "sunnynaz...

Duplicate email ID
Hi I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same smtp email add Please Guide Regards Kartik Kartik <Kartik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have duplicate email ID in Exchange 2000. The problem is no result is >found if i search by email id in active directory users and cvomputer. Is >there any utility there with which i can search the userid having the same >smtp email add >Please Gu...

Creating Email Distribution Lists from Category Groups
How can I populate a new/existing email distribution list with existing Category Groups of contacts? For example, I have a few hundred contacts within a specific category. How can I select all of the contacts within the category group and add them to an email distribution list? Thanks for your help. GL There is an awkward way to do this, but the question is why? If you already created categories, why not use Categories instead of DL's? They are much more reliable. Just use the By Category View, select the Category header > Actions > New message to Contact. -- Russ Valentin...

vba to check if a file on a server is currently open or in use by someone.
How can I use vba to check if a file on a server is currently in use o open by anyone on the network - and is it possible to see which use has the file open???? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com MS has code here that checks to see if any file is open: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q138621 XL: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open (Q138621) And take a look at WriteReservedBy in VBA's help. I've never used it. Some people say it works ok for them--others say it doesn't. "dovrox <" wrote: > > How can ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

can't send emails; get the following....
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkmorg@verizon.net'. Subject 'registration ', Account: 'rkmorg@verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Email Profile Deleted
One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and back on. At that point he launched Outllook but it failed open becuase it could not find his Outllok Profile. The profile was deleted. Anyone see this before or have possible ideas why this would happen? Sean In news:%23la4VVRXHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, SD <smd6169@hotmail.com> typed: > One of my Domain Users was prompted to change his password according > to our Domain Security Policy. When he did so, he logged off and > back on....

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Emails stuck Outbox even though Sent
I am in a situation where whenever I try send an email over 1MB in size it will stick in my outbox and not move to my sent items even when it has been sent. The result is that outlook continues to try and send the email resulting in the recipient receiving multiple copies of the email I am trying to send without me ever knowing it has been sent in the first place. Anyone know what the cause of this is or how to fix it?? sounds like a virus run AVG anti virus from www.grisoft.com Sunbeam: Tell me more about this AVG. I need it at the office on a 4 computer network system. Looks like...