Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar

Hello,

I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the
default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which
is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the
data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code.

Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items

What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks.

Regards,
Chris
--
Regards,
Chris

Set colCal =
objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor
Schedule").Items

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"eckert1961" <eckert1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the
> default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule"
> which
> is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the
> data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following
> code.
>
> Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items
>
> What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
> --
> Regards,
> Chris

0
Ken
3/23/2010 5:38:01 PM
Thanks for the quick response Ken. That worked perfectly.
--
Regards,
Chris

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Set colCal =
> objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor
> Schedule").Items
>

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options.
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "eckert1961" <eckert1961@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the
> > default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule"
> > which
> > is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the
> > data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following
> > code.
> >
> > Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items
> >
> > What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Chris
>
> .

How do I create a list when it is not in the Data tool bar?
I need to create a list, but when I drop down the Data from the tool bar, "list" is not an option under it. What should I do? Hi Jamie, Until the most recent XL version, a list was just an informal way of organizing data in a worksheet. It still is, really. It's just a matter of putting different records in different rows, different variables (or "fields") in different columns, and the name of each variable in the list's first row. The column variables should be adjacent to one another, as should the records in the rows. Some Excel features work much more easily...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Troubleshoot Publisher Data Source
Everytime I try to Mail Merge my data source (Excel file) I get a "dialog or data base engine failure" How do I correct this so I can use the data in my publication? Refresh your MDAC components http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ Click on MDAC 2.8 on the right pane -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NancyF" <NancyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0A079E-E6C4-4710-B07F-B6F0D523BBC3@microsoft.com... > Everytime I try to Mail Merge my data source (Excel file) I get a "dia...

Repost: Test Linked form for data
This was originally posted on September 14, 2007. "Test Linked form for data" Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False ...

Lost Data #3
I attempted to access my Outlook 2003 this morning and was unable to. It asked for a new profile. It appears that I've lost all my addresses, contacts, emails, and calendar/appointment set-ups. Help please, how do I get this back?????? Crying in the islands. "oahumannings" <oahumannings@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:820CFF8E-B741-4CBF-B4F1-45EF7E79BD24@microsoft.com... > I attempted to access my Outlook 2003 this morning and was unable to. It > asked for a new profile. It appears that I've lost all my addresses, > contacts, emails, and...

using Access Data
I have a slight problem with Charts in Excel & Access. I'm creating charts that can use up to 50,000 data points (if not more) and in Excel there is significant lag time (up to 2 minutes just to rescale an axis or change the title). I decided to try and use Access to organize the data, but creating a chart in Access is a pain because there is a 4000 data point limit per series (really stupid). My question is: Is there a way to link the data from Access to an Excel chart without importing the data (importing would just cause my initial problem)? I do know some basic...

Data Validation in Excel 2002
I have a workbook with a sheet in called 'Validation'. This sheet is hidden and contains a number of lists that I use for data validation. Using previous versions on Excel, I have always defined names for these lists then on other sheets within the workbook I use the data validation command using the List option in the Allow field then enter the name of the list in the Source field, using the option for an In-cell Dropdown. Upon entering that cell a drop down list was available populated with the list from my Validation sheet. Now in Excel 2003, when I attempt the same and look at t...

Data migration 03-06-07
I'm in the process of migrating data from a 3:rd party system into MS CRM 3.0. But when I look at the staging database I can't figure out what to do with the appointments. Although there is an Appointment table in the CRM database, it seems to be missing from the cdf database. Does anyone knows in what table the appointments should go? Also, does anyone knows where to find any detailed documentation about Data Migration Framework? I've been searching but I haven't been able to find any good documentation. Thanks /Peter Hi Peter, You are unable to import appointments w...

How to set default location where attachments are saved?
Hi, How can I indicate default location where I want my files and attachments in Outlook to be saved to? For example, when I click on "save as" to save an attachment, the Save window pops up pointing to my default location (My Documents or something like that)? Thanks. See http://www.swinc.com/odefpath/ Anna Z wrote: > Hi, > How can I indicate default location where I want my files > and attachments in Outlook to be saved to? For example, > when I click on "save as" to save an attachment, the Save > window pops up pointing to my default location (My &...

Off Topic: Pulling Hair Out
Want to have some fun? Search microsoft.public.pos on google groups for "hair." You'll get all of the posts about people pulling thier hair out. Hint: There's more than one page. ...

can't add to calendar
New computer. I have set up my profile without email connections and have imported my old (Outlook 2007) .pst file. I can edit my old calendar entries which were imported. But can't add new calendar entries. Error message "You do not have appropriate permissions to do this operation". Can anyone suggest how this can be fixed. Please explain how you "imported" the PST file, as truly importing causes numerous problems. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "cj" <cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92D8A51B-8191-...

default account keeps getting unset
Hi, A strange problem: Approximately once a day, my email account becomes unconfigured as the default email account. I notice because OE will refuse to send the email that I have just written, but, if I set it back, then OE sends it just fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thanks for any guidance. Jeff PS. I am on XP Pro SP3, OE 6.00.2900.5512 configured as in another becomes the default account? Are all accounts in different identities, or the same one? If different, is the default account the Main identity? -- Bruce Hagen ...

Default Appearance
This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple spread sheet to keep track of bowling scores--nothing fancy. When I bring up the sheet the next day the scores all say 12:00AM. This happens on more than one spreadsheet. I thought when I formatted cells or columns of cells to general or number, whatever, that it would stay that way. Am I missing something here? How are you typing the scores? Show us a few samples of your entries. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:33:41 -0700, JimS <jimx22@msn.com> wrote: >This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple s...

Data Validation #10
Hello, I am using Excel 2003 and am doing a drop down list using Data|Validation. However, I must have the data for my drop down list in the same sheet as my drop down list, otherwise the drop down lsit doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? I used to be able to put the data in a different sheet. What happened? Valmont Valmont It's OK to have the list in another sheet, but then you must name it, e.g. "List1" (without quotes), and use that name in the validation box (Allow: List and enter =List1) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. &quo...

how i get data homogeneity
there is a formula for that i don't know it What is the degree of homogeneity you are trying to acheive? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200838 "new user" wrote: > there is a formula for that i don't know it See http://tinyurl.com/ccrec5 "new user" wrote: > there is a formula for that i don't know it i have a data and i want know the hohmogeneity for it ; 95 % of the normal distribution near the optimum point of its chart Maybe checking a statistics book to find the methodology is step 1. Then we can help you execute this in Excel best w...

Pull down menu
Hello, I am trying find a way to make a pull down menu in excel. I have a list of foods on one sheet in a workbook where all the nutrition information is stored per food type where the row indicates the food type and the columns indicate the nutrition info ie: Carbs, Protein, Fats, Calories etc. This sheet has roughly 300 or so food items listed in rows. How can I create a pull down menu in another cell on another worksheet as a method to select a food item from the food sheet? Any help is appreciated, Dave --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (...

Can I avoid plotting 'non-empty' cells
Hi I am plotting data such as the following on a simple line chart... Jan Feb Mar Apr May June 10 11 12 0 0 0 The future month (Apr, May , June) each contain a formula which return either zero or "" as no data is available. The problem is that I don't want the future months to be plotted a zero, which is what happens. There is an option in Excel to avoi plotting 'empty' cells - but these cells are not empty as they contai a formula. Of course, I could simply choose Jan:Mar as the chart range and updat it each month, but I know I'll forget t...

Can you control when the data is saved?
I created a form that allowes add and update. There are several combo box controls. After a number of the records were added, users bring up the form and for some reason fiddle/play with the combo box controls. This results in the data being changed. And they don't seem to realize this is happening. Is there a way to have Access avoid changing the record unless the user overtly selects save (or say presses a button to save)? Thanks. On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:20:02 -0800, JHC <JHC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Yes. One way is a trusted one, with very little recidivis...

How many data points can you have in an Excel for a Scatter Chart.
I have a customer that has indicated that he can only plot 400 data bites in an Excel Scatter Chart. Is the correct for Excel 2002 or 2003? What does a "data bite" represent? What error message do you get? You should check the XL help topic 'Excel specifications and limits' specifically the 'Charting specifications' section. One undocumented limit is that the length of any token in the SERIES formula cannot exceed be more than about 250 characters. So, if one selects lots of non-contiguous ranges, it is very possible to exceed that limit. -- Regards, Tus...

2007
Hi! - I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or within the next 7 days. I need to be able to pull the date next closest or equal to today. Can anyone help me out? Any help would be greatly appriecated. Shaun > I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A > worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I > have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or...

How realistic is it to share a calendar over the internet?
I am helping a company get BCM going and they want to see each other's calendars. They are using Office 2007. They do not have Exchange Server. I understand the you can publish an Outlook 2007 on the Internet as a way to share it. I am wondering if I could publish several calendars from several uses and put them in a password protected area of the web site? I am also wondering how the calendars are linked to the server. Is this feasible? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C34402B7-4BA1-4A89-8E4D-24A81BB018DF@microsoft.com......

Save as Pub 2000 by default
Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default. Such as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document without having to select save as a pub 2000. If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as a default you are going to get. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6FE6CA-6DDA-4E...

Excel 03 DB query pulls data in wrong order, how to resolve?
New user to Excel DB queries. Have set up DB and query, however query does not import DB in the column-order of the query. This worked fine the past couple months. Dont understand why it wont work this month. Have re-created query and the problem still exists. Cant find any information on how to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your help. Data>Import External Data>Data Range Properties Uncheck Preserve column sort/filter/layout Does that help? -- Regards, Ron ...

External data limitation
I apologize for the duplicate post! We are having trouble downloading 80 fields from a DateTel database into Excel, and consistently get errors until we drop the fields down to around 60. Is there a limitation to the number of fields that may be imported into Excel?? Sandy -- IT Services Help Center Yes there is but it is way more than 80 .... Unless you are using a trial copy? -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34477098-6835-4138-A706-A5FB77BBAD63@microsoft.com... >I apologize for th...

Limit data synchronization in Outlook
Hi, I try to find a solution to limit all user to synchronize his own record for security reason in Outlook. I know CRM have a checkbox for BU only but this check box can be remove by the user, theire is not a big security... Did somebody know ISV or something else for that? Thanks, Sylvie ...