Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML

Hi,

MS Outlook is automated to send out an email in HTML but when the email is
received from MS Outlook it is in plain text.
The email in Sent items is in HTML format.
If an email is created from MS Outlook itself(not programmetically) in HTML
and sent, when received it is in HTML format.

Following is the configuration of this computer
- Windows 2003 enterprise edition x64
- MS Outlook 2007 with excahnge server
- Logged on to the server using a Cirtix session
- Default email application of Windows is set to MS Outlook

In a Windows 2003 standard edition x64, with MS Outlook 2007 the mail is
sent and received in HTML without a problem.(without MS Excahnge Server and
Citrix)

Following is the code we use to generate and send the mail.

loOutLookSession = CREATEOBJECT('OutLook.Application')
loOutBox = loOutLookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4)

loMailItem = loOutBox.Items.Add(0)
loMailItem.Subject = "Subject"
loMailItem.BodyFormat = 2
loMailItem.Body = <HTML text>
loMailItem.HTMLBody = <HTML text>
loMailItem.To = aa@bb.cc
loMailItem.Send()

Please could someone advice, what could be the cause?

0
DPM

What happens if you don't write into Body but into HTMLBody only?

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 21 May 2010 10:32:59 +0530 schrieb DPM:

> Hi,
>
> MS Outlook is automated to send out an email in HTML but when the email is
> received from MS Outlook it is in plain text.
> The email in Sent items is in HTML format.
> If an email is created from MS Outlook itself(not programmetically) in
HTML
> and sent, when received it is in HTML format.
>
> Following is the configuration of this computer
> - Windows 2003 enterprise edition x64
> - MS Outlook 2007 with excahnge server
> - Logged on to the server using a Cirtix session
> - Default email application of Windows is set to MS Outlook
>
> In a Windows 2003 standard edition x64, with MS Outlook 2007 the mail is
> sent and received in HTML without a problem.(without MS Excahnge Server
and
> Citrix)
>
> Following is the code we use to generate and send the mail.
>
> loOutLookSession = CREATEOBJECT('OutLook.Application')
> loOutBox = loOutLookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4)
>
> loMailItem = loOutBox.Items.Add(0)
> loMailItem.Subject = "Subject"
> loMailItem.BodyFormat = 2
> loMailItem.Body = <HTML text>
> loMailItem.HTMLBody = <HTML text>
> loMailItem.To = aa@bb.cc
> loMailItem.Send()
>
> Please could someone advice, what could be the cause?
0
Michael

A macro for adding 'TEXT' macrodefinidion to string literals
Hi. I need to add 'TEXT' macrodefinition to all string literals in a legacy source code. For example: "Some nonlocalizable string" will become TEXT("Some nonlocalizable string") Would you please help me to compose a macro for implementing this process fast? Thanks in advance Martin If you're using MFC, you already have _T(). If not, include "tchar.h" to add _TEXT(). "Martin" <martin-g@mail.ru> wrote in message news:1175157407.883418.148050@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I need to add 'TEXT' macrod...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

outlook not sending/receiving at startup
hello, When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send and receive email. I have to manually enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything. Thank you. You need to set an automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:397101c3e362$8ed28f90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > When I open Outlook (2003), it does not automatically send > and receive email. I have to manually > enter "Send/Receive". Please help... I've tried everything....

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

We should be able to enter an Intercompany receiving transaction.
Inter-company transactions cannot be processed in the receiving transaction entry screen. These transactions should behave similarly to payables transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

How do I Auto-Complete Text in Lists? It stopped working!
I used to type only the first few letters of text in Excel and it would compete the entry for me, as long as that name already appeared somewhere. Now I upgraded to MacOS X, that function simply won't work! I tried Help, which offered no help, and the prefs for Enable Autocomplete for Cell values is checked. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? ...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

Full Text Indexing and Permissions
I working on a CRM 3.0 deployment that is built on Sql Server 2000 and Windows 2003 server. I want to create a report that looks for the frequency that individual products are mentioned in emails and this requires Full Text Indexing to be able to tune the search criteria. Now, to my knowledge, in SQL Server 2000 you can only index tables not views and it is too far into the project to goto SQL 2005. Am I right or is it possible in 2000? For now, I've added Full Text Indexing to the ActivityPointerBase table, including Description and Subject. My problem now is how to give permission to...

.snp Sent via Access-to-Outlook Automatic
W/ a filename of Sales030408_030908.snp - is NOT opening. What am I doing wrong? TIA - Bob Hi Bob, My guess is that you are not doing anything wrong. It may be that some setting is not correct in your registry to allow Outlook and Snapview.exe to work together correctly. Are you able to open the .snp file if you first save it from the e-mail message to some folder on your hard drive? Have you tried a different .snp file, just to rule out possible corruption in the Sales030408_030908.snp file? Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.q...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

How to recognize whether file has XML format or not?
How to recognize whether file has XML format or not? Here is the code segment: XmlDocument* pDomDocument = new XmlDocument(); try { pDomDocument->Load(strFileName ) ; } catch(Exception* e) { .... } Of course if we try to load non XML file, the exception will be thrown. However exception might be thrown in other cases as well (File doesn't exist etc) I need identify the specific case when attempt was made to load non XML file. Seems to me XmlException class doesn't provide that kind of details. Any other ideas how can I accomplish the same goal? Thanks in advance Hi Dale ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

How create a doc. with both checkboxes and text insert. possibilit
Hi ! I´m about to create a doc. for a Travel request. The traveller must fill in name etc AND to have a possibility to use the checkboxes. If I lock the doc. for using for checkboxes then you cannot fill in the other cells with name, adress and so on. Can someone tell me how to be able to use both checkboxes and to fill in text in the document ? Kind regards Timo Nordberg Helsingborg You can't mix different types of fields in a protected form. Make sure that you only use form fields--check box form fields and text form fields--and it will work. If you are using Wo...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Ranking TEXT in Excel
Can someone help me with this? Is there any way to rank TEXT in Excel. I want to automat alphebetizing a column of text (I don't want to Data-Sort, etc). Th function RANK seems to only work with numeric data. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Aryeh Bak AryehJBak@yahoo.co ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com what does your column of text look like? post a snippet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "AryehBak" <AryehBak....

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....