How to change account used for replies from default

Hi

I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills (mainly
in excel).

I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my
exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent to
account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d).

Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the same
account to send that the email was sent to?

thanks

David M

If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies
will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets
stampted with the name and id of the accoutn used to retrieve the message.
If you simply forward (push) the messages from your POP3/IMAP/etc server to
your Exchange account, there is no way for Outlook/Exchange to know which
account should be used.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
"deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills (mainly
> in excel).
>
> I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my
> exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent to
> account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d).
>
> Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the same
> account to send that the email was sent to?
>
> thanks
>
> David M

0
Dmitry
2/15/2010 11:17:07 PM

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

> If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies
> will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets
> stampted with the name and id of the accoutn used to retrieve the message.
> If you simply forward (push) the messages from your POP3/IMAP/etc server to
> your Exchange account, there is no way for Outlook/Exchange to know which
> account should be used.
>
> --
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
> -
> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills (mainly
> > in excel).
> >
> > I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my
> > exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent to
> > account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d).
> >
> > Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the same
> > account to send that the email was sent to?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > David M
>

> .

But in Outlook the correct email address shows up in the 'sent to' field - ie
the address that the sender used, which is then forwarded on. So why can't
outlook see that address?

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

> If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies
> will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets
> stampted with the name and id of the accoutn used to retrieve the message.
> If you simply forward (push) the messages from your POP3/IMAP/etc server to
> your Exchange account, there is no way for Outlook/Exchange to know which
> account should be used.
>
> --
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
> -
> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills (mainly
> > in excel).
> >
> > I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my
> > exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent to
> > account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d).
> >
> > Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the same
> > account to send that the email was sent to?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > David M
>

> .

Why should it? If you were BCC'ed, your e-mail address would not even be in
the recipeints list.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
> But in Outlook the correct email address shows up in the 'sent to' field -
> ie
> the address that the sender used, which is then forwarded on. So why can't
> outlook see that address?
>
> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
>> If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies
>> will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets
>> stampted with the name and id of the accoutn used to retrieve the
>> message.
>> If you simply forward (push) the messages from your POP3/IMAP/etc server
>> your Exchange account, there is no way for Outlook/Exchange to know which
>> account should be used.
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>> http://www.dimastr.com/
>> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
>> and MAPI Developer Tool
>> -
>> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills
>> > (mainly
>> > in excel).
>> >
>> > I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my
>> > exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent
>> > account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d).
>> >
>> > Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the
>> > same
>> > account to send that the email was sent to?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > David M
>>

>> .

0
Dmitry
2/16/2010 5:02:56 PM
Ok, but is there a way to get outlook to ask me which account to use to help
me use the right account?

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:

> Why should it? If you were BCC'ed, your e-mail address would not even be in
> the recipeints list.
>
> --
> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool
> -
> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > But in Outlook the correct email address shows up in the 'sent to' field -
> > ie
> > the address that the sender used, which is then forwarded on. So why can't
> > outlook see that address?
> >
> > "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
> >
> >> If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies
> >> will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets
> >> stampted with the name and id of the accoutn used to retrieve the
> >> message.
> >> If you simply forward (push) the messages from your POP3/IMAP/etc server
> >> your Exchange account, there is no way for Outlook/Exchange to know which
> >> account should be used.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >> http://www.dimastr.com/
> >> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> >> and MAPI Developer Tool
> >> -
> >> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

No, you would have to write your own script.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
> Ok, but is there a way to get outlook to ask me which account to use to
> help
> me use the right account?
>
> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
>> Why should it? If you were BCC'ed, your e-mail address would not even be
>> in
>> the recipeints list.
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>> http://www.dimastr.com/
>> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
>> and MAPI Developer Tool
>> -
>> "deeceem" <deeceem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > But in Outlook the correct email address shows up in the 'sent to'
>> > field -
>> > ie
>> > the address that the sender used, which is then forwarded on. So why
>> > can't
>> > outlook see that address?

>> .

0
Dmitry
2/17/2010 4:33:11 PM

The 'VBOffice SAM' Add-in can do that. For details see the link in my
signature please.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:31:02 -0800 schrieb deeceem:

> Ok, but is there a way to get outlook to ask me which account to use to
help
> me use the right account?
0
Michael

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. ...

External data link change

Accounts from 2000 to XP
Hello Can I import accounts from Outlook 2000 to Outlook (XP), I export from Outlook 2000 all accounts (.iaf files) but I'm not able to import them to Outlook 2002 (XP) thank you ...

Using HTML content as a Signature on Outlook 2000
Hi All, Have a HTML file that I need to setup as my signature in Outlook. I have been able to copy the Source, but the Preview Pane, and also the New Email window lists the Source and not the Resultant output. Have tried the above setting using the Message Format as HTML. Would appreciate assistance on the same. Warm Regards, Amar ...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Why does the change change to a number?

memory dump by using ctrl+scrlk+scrlk
To troubleshoot a server (w2k8, sp2) I have set up to do memory dump using ctrl+scrlk+scrlk and dedicated dump file. I tested it and it triggered the dump. But I expected the server to reboot itself at the end but it didn't. It showed 100% complete and stayed at the blue screen. I had to manaully power it down/on. Is it supposed to like this? After reboot a new memory.dmp was created. I guess it is working but just curious if it should reboot itself once done. Any idea? Thanks. Chris;1259949 Wrote: > To troubleshoot a server (w2k8, sp2) I have set up to do...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

Reply/Reply to All buttons missing in OWA
In Outlook Web Access, when I click the Reply or Reply to All button, it takes me directly to my Inbox and closed my mail message. It does not even give me the opportunity to enter my reply and does not send the message. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what the fix would be? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Christine OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook, so for best results, try posting in microsoft.public.exchange.admin - and mention your version & SP level of Exchange, and your browser version/SP level as well....also...

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

Send.Item message when using mapi emailing
Hi, When using the MAPI profile to send mails via Send.Item Outlook stops and shows the Yes, No message for permission to send. I have checked all IE settings and Outlook but cant turn this off? I know its there somewhere, any help locating and turning off this setting would be fantastic! Kind Regards James See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, an...

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003