How do i group the mails based on the numbers in the subject line

Hi All,

This is my requirement.

In my Inbox, i will be getting the mails in such a way that, where i will
have some unique number in the subject line". Please find the samples here.
"101011 - User Creation"
"Re:101011 - User Creation"
"Fwd:Re:101011 - User Creation"

"102022 - User Creation"
"Re:102022 - User Creation"
"Fwd:Re:102022 - User Creation"

Based on this number, a folder should be created automatically, all the
respectives mails should move there.

Example:

Create a folder called ‘My Emails’.
My Emails - Main Folder
101011 - Sub Folder
(all the three mails)
102022 - Sub Folder
(all the three mails)

Have to Extract all the email messages tied to the number & Place in folder.

If attachment exists,
Ensure attachment remains attached to message
Make a copy of the attachment – same name
Place in the same folder

Thanks,
Subramanian.

You don't say what versions of Outlook you plan to support, what language
you are using, whether or not this is for a COM addin or external code or
VBA macro code, or if you are at all familiar with Outlook programming and
using the Outlook object model. Please post relevant information so someone
can answer your questions.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Subramanian" <Subramanian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> This is my requirement.
>
> In my Inbox, i will be getting the mails in such a way that, where i will
> have some unique number in the subject line". Please find the samples
> here.
> "101011 - User Creation"
> "Re:101011 - User Creation"
> "Fwd:Re:101011 - User Creation"
>
> "102022 - User Creation"
> "Re:102022 - User Creation"
> "Fwd:Re:102022 - User Creation"
>
> Based on this number, a folder should be created automatically, all the
> respectives mails should move there.
>
> Example:
>
> Create a folder called ‘My Emails’.
> My Emails - Main Folder
> 101011 - Sub Folder
> (all the three mails)
> 102022 - Sub Folder
> (all the three mails)
>
> Have to Extract all the email messages tied to the number & Place in
> folder.
>
> If attachment exists,
> Ensure attachment remains attached to message
> Make a copy of the attachment – same name
> Place in the same folder
>
> Thanks,
> Subramanian.

0
Ken

pop up alerts on sending mails!
Hi, I have an automatic mailer in my application and it iterates thro' all the messages in the queue and having made a connection uses Outlook to send them, but during testing I get alerted twice once when it accesses the contacts list and then again when it is about to send the message, is this something that can be circumvented. I have read bits and bobs over time about Exchange, does the pc with the internet connection need to have it running or something? What's the story on this one? Anyone know? Thanks in advance Colin B Welcome to the enhanced security introduced with Out...

Conditional Formatting of Numbers
Hello All WinXP Excel 97 I have a worksheet where if I enter a negative number in Cell C26 (example only), any other numbers that are entered in row 26 must also be negative. Unfortunately, I cannot rely upon the users to remember to press the minus sign. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Debra Debra, Here is some VBA that will negate the amount if the C value is negative Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Column <> 3 Then .Value = Abs(.Value) ...

Mail Store Full
I've been warning TPTB that the Mail Store was probably at its Limit for the last 3 days(EX-Std.). This morning it dis-mounted the store, so of course I get the 6am call... I have people archiving mail now, and I am running the cleanup agent every now and then. Are there other things I should be doing to ensure recovery goes well? I there a tool I can setup that will constantly monitor Mail Store size and ping me well before things get out of hand ? TPTB want me to write up a report justifying my desire to move from Standard to Enterprise. Has that already been done? Thanks ! *$ On Th...

E-mail picture attachment
I attach a picture to an e-mail but cannot open the attachment in the new message screen. If I send it to myself I cannot open it. If I leave the e-mail in draft then I can open it event though the icon is still the blank page. It is listed as "IMG_2767ed-a-jpg (2 MG) but the icon is not a picture but a white blank page. Whatever is going on here. I have also tried to send an e-mail through Photoshop Elements 8 but the same thing happens. It seems to be a problem with Outlook 2007. Help, please ...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

automatically deletion of lines
Hi there, I want to paste tabular data into excel and automatically delete all rows not starting with a specific text in col A from the just pasted text (it will be fine to delete the lines from the whole sheet, since there will be nothing else on it). It should trigger upon pasting into that particular sheet. Unfortunately I know squat about vb-programming, so I would very much appreciate a step-by-step instruction of where to put any provided code. Thanks Knud ...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Why can't I open e-mails from my new item alert window?
I have alerts pop up when new messages arrive in two of my e-mail accounts. But when I click on an item in the new alert window and click "open item," I get a message indicating the message is no longer available it may have been moved or deleted. But the message is there. In fact, if I go into the inbox and click on the message (just reading it in preview mode or opening it), then I can go back to the new item alert window, click "open item" and the message will open. ...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Navigation pane
Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it gives me an error of saying " MS SQL Server cannot insert the value NULL into column ' BASEUOFM', table 'tempdb.dbo.##XXXXXXX; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails I wonder why it does Please help Take a look at your IV10401, IV30701 and IV40201. Each of those tables contain the BASEUOFM column. Look and see if any record has a blank in that column. "viol-8-r" wrote: > Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it > gives...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Automatically send out of office reply based on "show time as" sta
Can you set Outlook 2007 to automatically send out of office replies if you have appointments that show your time as "Out of Office"? "CaroleCarlo" <CaroleCarlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5168334-0586-44E9-90C9-EFDE0F55F959@microsoft.com... > Can you set Outlook 2007 to automatically send out of office replies if you > have appointments that show your time as "Out of Office"? If you're using Exchange 2007 as the backend, you can specify start and end times for when the OO messages will be sent, but it isn't...

Page Numbers #15
Publisher 2007 Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Page x of y, where y is the total number of pages. I have found the current page number field (#), but not the total. Go to the Master Page, manually type of x pages after the #. Publisher doesn't count, it will be up to you to type the number of pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ZootRot" <SendMeAsMuchSpamAsPossibleBecauseILoveReceivingSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:e4sBAF2sJHA.4876@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Publisher 2007 > > Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Pag...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

Not able to send mail to distribution list
HI all, I am using Office Outlook 2003. I am not able to send mail to the distribution lists i have created in the contacts. Even if i go to contacts and try to send a message to the list from there, it is not recognized in the Send To field while sending mail. Please Help. Thanks and Regards Ravpreet Singh What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Jammy" <singh.ravpreet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190270570.983186.280500@...

Problem with contact in Windows Live Mail
One of my contacts in Windows Live Mail has changed their profile picture, but when I try to edit my contacts list, their old picture is still displayed with a message "The contact could not be sent to the server because the instant messaging address is invalid". However the instant messaging address is NOT invalid, because I regularly send instant messages to that address from Windows Live Messenger. Does anybody know what I need to do to fix this problem PLEASE. Many thanks and regards. Geoff ...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

number format
Hi, I have been asked by my boss to convert a table of data in another format. Basicly what I need is to learn how can I format a cell so that when the value in it 1,500,000 shows as 1.5 only (i.e. I want to see how many millions the value is) thanks Use a custom number format of 0.0,, . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Suleyman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09c501c39e06$b467a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I have been asked by my boss to convert a ...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

e-mail going ot deleated items folder
Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? HI MG, have you created rules? Please check them -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "MG" <msnsgibbs@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0bb201c46e81$490753b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some of my e-mails go directly to the deleated items > folder. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? ...