Application_Startup doesn't seem to work - Outlook 2007

I have the following code in Class1 code

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders

Sub Initialize_handler()
    Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
    MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized"
End Sub

Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
    With ReminderObject
        ' irelevant code removed
        .Item.Display
        MsgBox .Caption
    End With
End Sub

And this in Module1 code

Option Explicit

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    Dim MyClass As New Class1
    MyClass.Initialize_handler
End Sub

The "Reminder handler initialized" doesn't get displayed on starting Outlook
and the event handler doesn't trigger.

What am I doing wrong?

Why do you use another class module? The issues are:

1) Outlook expects Application_Startup in the ThisOutlookSession module. It
doesn't find the procedure in any other module.

2) The Myclass variable needs to be declared on a module level. Declared in
a procedure, the object will terminate as soon as the last line of it has
been executed.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

  : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
  : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
  : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

Am Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:15:03 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> I have the following code in Class1 code
>
> Option Explicit
> Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
>
> Sub Initialize_handler()
>     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
>     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized"
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
>     With ReminderObject
>         ' irelevant code removed
>         .Item.Display
>         MsgBox .Caption
>     End With
> End Sub
>
> And this in Module1 code
>
> Option Explicit
>
> Private Sub Application_Startup()
>     Dim MyClass As New Class1
>     MyClass.Initialize_handler
> End Sub
>
> The "Reminder handler initialized" doesn't get displayed on starting
Outlook
> and the event handler doesn't trigger.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
0
Michael
11/16/2009 6:36:53 PM
Thanks Michael

This is my first Outlook project (I've been a programmer for over 40 years
though now retired). I'd made the mistake in getting to the code section by
going in via the Visual Basic Editor menu item which creates the
Module1(Code) Module so hadn't found the

ThisOutlookSession(Code) Module.

I'd followed the instructions in Help ("Using Events with Automation" and
"Reminders.ReminderFire Event") to create the Class1(Code) Module as
instructed and I presume I should keep that. Although I cannot see how to
rename the module from Class1 to something more meaningful.

I have now moved this code to ThisOutlookSession viz:

Option Explicit

Dim MyClass As New Class1

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    MyClass.Initialize_handler
    Application.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximized
End Sub

Sub Init()
    MyClass.Initialize_handler
End Sub

And because again Application_Startup did not fire I added the Sub Init
which I can call from the Macro Menu. After a bit of a struggle certificating
myself. I find that Application_Startup still does not fire but I get my
"Reminder Handler Initialised" prompt when running the Init Macro from the
menu but nothing happens when a reminder fires.

Strange this, as I was getting a result manually calling an Init sub when
the code was in the Module1(Code) Module and I hadn't had to use a
certificate!

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> [...]

> > I have the following code in Class1 code
> >
> > Option Explicit
> > Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
> >
> > Sub Initialize_handler()
> >     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
> >     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized"
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
> >     With ReminderObject
> >         ' irelevant code removed
> >         .Item.Display
> >         MsgBox .Caption
> >     End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > And this in Module1 code
> >
> > Option Explicit
> >
> > Private Sub Application_Startup()
> >     Dim MyClass As New Class1
> >     MyClass.Initialize_handler
> > End Sub
> >
> > The "Reminder handler initialized" doesn't get displayed on starting

I have placed all code in ThisOutlookSession (see below). I have signed it
with a certificate using the MS "Digital Certificate for VBA Projects" tool.
I have deleted the original VBAProject.OTM file yet still the
Application_Startup sub fails to trigger. Running the Init sub from the Tools
- Macro menu does the initilisation and the code then fires when a reminder
is fired. Why is this happening?

Running under Windows Vista Home Premium

Option Explicit

Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders

Private Sub Initialize_handler()
    Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
    MsgBox "Reminder handler initialised"
End Sub

Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
    With ReminderObject
        Stop
        If .Caption = "Fence Check Reminder" Then
            .Item.Display
        End If
    End With
End Sub

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    Stop
    Initialize_handler

"Old Man River" wrote:

> I have the following code in Class1 code
>
> Option Explicit
> Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
>
> Sub Initialize_handler()
>     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
>     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized"
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
>     With ReminderObject
>         ' irelevant code removed
>         .Item.Display
>         MsgBox .Caption
>     End With
> End Sub
>
> And this in Module1 code
>
> Option Explicit
>
> Private Sub Application_Startup()
>     Dim MyClass As New Class1
>     MyClass.Initialize_handler
> End Sub
>
> The "Reminder handler initialized" doesn't get displayed on starting Outlook
> and the event handler doesn't trigger.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

What do you think a Stop call would do? I'd assume it stops the code from
any further execution.

--

Am Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:25:03 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> I have placed all code in ThisOutlookSession (see below). I have signed it
> with a certificate using the MS "Digital Certificate for VBA Projects"
tool.
> I have deleted the original VBAProject.OTM file yet still the
> Application_Startup sub fails to trigger. Running the Init sub from the
Tools
> - Macro menu does the initilisation and the code then fires when a
reminder
> is fired. Why is this happening?
>
> Running under Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Option Explicit
>
> Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
>
> Private Sub Initialize_handler()
>     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
>     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialised"
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
>     With ReminderObject
>         Stop
>         If .Caption = "Fence Check Reminder" Then
>             .Item.Display
>         End If
>     End With
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Application_Startup()
>     Stop
>     Initialize_handler
>     Application.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximized
> End Sub
>
> Sub Init()
>     Initialize_handler
> End Sub
>

> "Old Man River" wrote:
>
>> I have the following code in Class1 code
>>
>> Option Explicit
>> Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
>>
>> Sub Initialize_handler()
>>     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
>>     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized"
>> End Sub
>>
>> Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
>>     With ReminderObject
>>         ' irelevant code removed
>>         .Item.Display
>>         MsgBox .Caption
>>     End With
>> End Sub
>>
>> And this in Module1 code
>>
>> Option Explicit
>>
>> Private Sub Application_Startup()
>>     Dim MyClass As New Class1
>>     MyClass.Initialize_handler
>> End Sub
>>
>> The "Reminder handler initialized" doesn't get displayed on starting
Outlook
>> and the event handler doesn't trigger.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
0
Michael
11/17/2009 8:46:14 PM
It halts the code a that poind and launches the debugger. Very useful in
developing event driven code and in debugging large amounts of code that you
do not want to have to watch. Unlike setting a breakpoint it suvives closing
the application and relaunching.  Obviously doesn't work in a compiled
..com/.exe file where it acts like an End statement.

Still not making any progress with the Application_Startup problem though.

Have you tried it without calling Stop?

--

Am Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:25:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> It halts the code a that poind and launches the debugger. Very useful in
> developing event driven code and in debugging large amounts of code that
you
> do not want to have to watch. Unlike setting a breakpoint it suvives
closing
> the application and relaunching.  Obviously doesn't work in a compiled
> .com/.exe file where it acts like an End statement.
>
> Still not making any progress with the Application_Startup problem though.
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> What do you think a Stop call would do? I'd assume it stops the code from
>> any further execution.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>
>>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>>

>> Am Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:25:03 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>>
>>> I have placed all code in ThisOutlookSession (see below). I have signed
it
>>> with a certificate using the MS "Digital Certificate for VBA Projects"
>> tool.
>>> I have deleted the original VBAProject.OTM file yet still the
>>> Application_Startup sub fails to trigger. Running the Init sub from the
>> Tools
>>> - Macro menu does the initilisation and the code then fires when a
>> reminder
>>> is fired. Why is this happening?
>>>
>>> Running under Windows Vista Home Premium
>>>
>>> Option Explicit
>>>
>>> Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders
>>>
>>> Private Sub Initialize_handler()
>>>     Set objReminders = Application.Reminders
>>>     MsgBox "Reminder handler initialised"
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder)
>>>     With ReminderObject
>>>         Stop
>>>         If .Caption = "Fence Check Reminder" Then
>>>             .Item.Display
>>>         End If
>>>     End With
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Private Sub Application_Startup()
>>>     Stop
>>>     Initialize_handler
>>>     Application.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximized
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> Sub Init()
>>>     Initialize_handler

>> Outlook

>> .

0
Michael
11/18/2009 9:35:45 AM
Just tried it with both Stop's commented out. No change even commented out
the Private Sub Application_Startup() statement and reentered it. It just
refuses to fire when I launch Outlook. I have stepped through it and it works
so it's not an invisible charater in the code or some other such trifle.

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Have you tried it without calling Stop?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>
>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>

> Am Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:25:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>
> > It halts the code a that poind and launches the debugger. Very useful in
> > developing event driven code and in debugging large amounts of code that
> you
> > do not want to have to watch. Unlike setting a breakpoint it suvives
> closing
> > the application and relaunching.  Obviously doesn't work in a compiled
> > .com/.exe file where it acts like an End statement.
> >
> > Still not making any progress with the Application_Startup problem though.
> >
> > "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >> What do you think a Stop call would do? I'd assume it stops the code from
> >> any further execution.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards
> >> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
> >>
> >>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
> >>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
> >>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

> it
> >> tool.
> >> Tools
> >> reminder

> >> Outlook

> >> .
> >>
> .

If Application_Startup really is in ThisOutlookSession, that's weird. What
happens if you set macro security to the lowest level?

--

Am Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:04:03 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> Just tried it with both Stop's commented out. No change even commented out
> the Private Sub Application_Startup() statement and reentered it. It just
> refuses to fire when I launch Outlook. I have stepped through it and it
works
> so it's not an invisible charater in the code or some other such trifle.
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> Have you tried it without calling Stop?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>
>>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>>

>> Am Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:25:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>>
>>> It halts the code a that poind and launches the debugger. Very useful in
>>> developing event driven code and in debugging large amounts of code that
>> you
>>> do not want to have to watch. Unlike setting a breakpoint it suvives
>> closing
>>> the application and relaunching.  Obviously doesn't work in a compiled
>>> .com/.exe file where it acts like an End statement.
>>>
>>> Still not making any progress with the Application_Startup problem
though.

>> it

Reminder)

Reminder)

>> .

0
Michael
11/18/2009 6:09:03 PM
Thank you for your patience Michael.

Firstly I can assure you that the code is in ThisOutlookSession. the title
of the window is "Microsoft Visual Basic - VbaProject - [ThisOutlookSession
(Code)]".

So I just tried your suggestions viz:
1. set Macro security to run all macros then
2. removed the certificate.

After both steps I restarted Outlook to no avail. (The Stop remains
commented out.)
The only difference was that I was not prompted to safeve the VBA Project
when I closed Outlook

I have sent a support request to MS.

Many Thanks - Alan

Please keep us informed.

--

Am Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:38:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> Thank you for your patience Michael.
>
> Firstly I can assure you that the code is in ThisOutlookSession. the title
> of the window is "Microsoft Visual Basic - VbaProject -
[ThisOutlookSession
> (Code)]".
>
> So I just tried your suggestions viz:
> 1. set Macro security to run all macros then
> 2. removed the certificate.
>
> After both steps I restarted Outlook to no avail. (The Stop remains
> commented out.)
> The only difference was that I was not prompted to safeve the VBA Project
> when I closed Outlook
>
> I have sent a support request to MS.
>
> Many Thanks - Alan
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> If Application_Startup really is in ThisOutlookSession, that's weird.
What
>> happens if you set macro security to the lowest level?
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>
>>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>>

>> Am Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:04:03 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>>
>>> Just tried it with both Stop's commented out. No change even commented
out
>>> the Private Sub Application_Startup() statement and reentered it. It
just
>>> refuses to fire when I launch Outlook. I have stepped through it and it
>> works
>>> so it's not an invisible charater in the code or some other such trifle.

>> though.

>> from

>> signed
Projects"
>> the

>> Reminder)

>> Reminder)

>> .

0
Michael
11/19/2009 5:47:22 PM
Michael - I think I have accidentally found the cause and solved the problem.

I was trying to add a button to a toolbar to call a macro which would do the
initialisation but the button would not stick when closing and re-opening
Outlook, the button just kept dissapearing.

I did a search and found some references to solving this kind of problem by
renaming outcmd.dat which apparently can become corrupted. I did this and now
when I open outlook the Application_Startup sub fires! So no need for the
button or extra sub anymore. will keep the prompt though. Am waiting for MS
to call back - it'll be interesting to see what they suggest before I tell
them.

Something to file in the "If all else fails and you've read the manual, try
this" folder.

Thank you for your interest

Regards
Alan

That's interesting, thanks.

--

Am Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:58:02 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> Michael - I think I have accidentally found the cause and solved the
problem.

> I was trying to add a button to a toolbar to call a macro which would do
the
> initialisation but the button would not stick when closing and re-opening
> Outlook, the button just kept dissapearing.
>
> I did a search and found some references to solving this kind of problem
by
> renaming outcmd.dat which apparently can become corrupted. I did this and
now
> when I open outlook the Application_Startup sub fires! So no need for the
> button or extra sub anymore. will keep the prompt though. Am waiting for
MS
> to call back - it'll be interesting to see what they suggest before I tell
> them.
>
> Something to file in the "If all else fails and you've read the manual,
try
> this" folder.
>
> Thank you for your interest
>
> Regards
> Alan
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> Please keep us informed.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>
>>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>>

>> Am Thu, 19 Nov 2009 00:38:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>>
>>> Thank you for your patience Michael.
>>>
>>> Firstly I can assure you that the code is in ThisOutlookSession. the
title
>>> of the window is "Microsoft Visual Basic - VbaProject -
>> [ThisOutlookSession
>>> (Code)]".
>>>
>>> So I just tried your suggestions viz:
>>> 1. set Macro security to run all macros then
>>> 2. removed the certificate.
>>>
>>> After both steps I restarted Outlook to no avail. (The Stop remains
>>> commented out.)
>>> The only difference was that I was not prompted to safeve the VBA
Project
>>> when I closed Outlook
>>>
>>> I have sent a support request to MS.
>>>
>>> Many Thanks - Alan

>> What

>> out
>> just

>> in
>> that

>> Projects"

>> starting

>> .

0
Michael
11/23/2009 8:46:58 AM
On checking I found that the bad Outcmd.dat file had grown to a massive
233,550KB, the new one is only 3KB.

I got some further info from MS. Viz:

"Apparently when we write the outcmd.dat file and VBA is loaded, we check if
there are any Application level events, and if there are, then we set a bit
that tells us to load VBA on boot. So if the outcmd.dat file is not present
or if the bit is not set properly, VBA will not load on boot.

If you want your macro to always be loaded, you could also try to set the
value of the LoadBehavior key to 3. The key is located under

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\NameOfTheAdd-In

By default, the value is 9, but if you set it to 3, you will always load the
macro and overwrite the default security settings for the respective add-in.

See also http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/19dax6cz(VS.80).aspx"

I don't think I want to mess with the registry!

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> That's interesting, thanks.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>
>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
>

> Am Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:58:02 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:
>
> > Michael - I think I have accidentally found the cause and solved the
> problem.
> >
> > I was trying to add a button to a toolbar to call a macro which would do
> the
> > initialisation but the button would not stick when closing and re-opening
> > Outlook, the button just kept dissapearing.
> >
> > I did a search and found some references to solving this kind of problem
> by
> > renaming outcmd.dat which apparently can become corrupted. I did this and
> now
> > when I open outlook the Application_Startup sub fires! So no need for the
> > button or extra sub anymore. will keep the prompt though. Am waiting for
> MS
> > to call back - it'll be interesting to see what they suggest before I tell
> > them.
> >
> > Something to file in the "If all else fails and you've read the manual,
> try
> > this" folder.
> >
> > Thank you for your interest
> >
> > Regards
> > Alan
> >
> > "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> >

> >> Please keep us informed.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best regards
> >> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
> >>
> >>   : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
> >>   : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
> >>   : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>

> title
> >> [ThisOutlookSession

> Project

> >> What

> >> out
> >> just
> it
> trifle.

> useful
> >> in
> >> that
> compiled

> code

> >> Projects"
> from

> >> starting

> >> .
> >>
> .

I wonder if you had accidentally created too many of your button. Although
the Commandbar has been improved, since Office 2000 it is a good idea to
create commandbars and -buttons temporily only.

--

Am Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:19:01 -0800 schrieb Old Man River:

> On checking I found that the bad Outcmd.dat file had grown to a massive
> 233,550KB, the new one is only 3KB.
>
> I got some further info from MS. Viz:
>
> "Apparently when we write the outcmd.dat file and VBA is loaded, we check
if
> there are any Application level events, and if there are, then we set a
bit
> that tells us to load VBA on boot. So if the outcmd.dat file is not
present
> or if the bit is not set properly, VBA will not load on boot.
>
> If you want your macro to always be loaded, you could also try to set the
> value of the LoadBehavior key to 3. The key is located under

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\NameOfTheAdd-In

> By default, the value is 9, but if you set it to 3, you will always load
the
> macro and overwrite the default security settings for the respective
add-in.

> See also http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/19dax6cz(VS.80).aspx"
0
Michael

rst.findfirst not working with two conditions
i have a table with two date fields and i opened a dao recordset (based on a query) on it .Now i want to search whether a particular date group falls between these dates and the rate for that period.Dates in UK style. FromDate ToDate Rate 01/01/2009 31/03/2009 7570 01/05/2009 30/11/2009 7770 01/12/2009 31/12/2009 7970 //variables declared here //SQL is defined here to limit it the recordset Set rst = currentdb.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset) MyFromDAte = 01/06/2009 MyToDate = 31/10/2009 rst.Findfirst "[FromDate] &...

This Might Seem Random
My Boss asked me to make something into Front Page so he can show Tech Support what he wants done. My experance with Front Page I published it onto a website in order to view it. Is there a way to view the webpage without publishing it or can anyone suggest a free web server that I can Post it onto to display it? File / Preview in Browser "AlexaRedCross" wrote: > My Boss asked me to make something into Front Page so he can show Tech > Support what he wants done. My experance with Front Page I published it onto > a website in order to view it. Is there...

Countif links not working
I have multiple workbooks with multiple sheets (don't ask...) Anyway, I have a paycheck calculator that does all the math for OT/DT etc. that works great. However, if the tech is on call, he marks a X in the On Call box which in turn makes another workbook cell say Yes. In my third paycheck workbook I'm using a Countif "yes" to total the number of days the tech was on call and then multiply that by the on call pay. This is the only link that doesn't work and I recall reading that countif doesn't work if the source isn't open (which is generally the case). Any ...

But hyphenation DOES work!
I'm running Word from Office 2007 (with that darned 'Ribbon'!), but in the Compatibility Mode with a document created in much-more-friendly Word 2003. Within a few seconds after my document loads, I get a message saying that the auto-hyphenation feature isn't resident, and that I should run the installation program again. Well, it IS working just fine, thank you, automatically hyphenating my .doc as I work. Is this a concern or just a bug? This might be a sign that *part* of the text is formatted in a language that hasn't been installed. Select the whole ...

Will there be a Mac office release that matches office 2007? #2
Does anybody know what the plans of the MacBU are in relation to the next version of Office for Mac? Will it mirror the functionality being rolled out in Office 2007? Will it work more effectively with sharepoint services? It would be great if there was some way to have a dialogue with the MacBU for those businesses that are heavy users of Macs in business. edward (COO of WhatIf). On 20/6/06 13:04, in article 1150805097.481858.25830@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "edward parsons" <edwardp@whatifinnovation.com> wrote: > Does anybody know what the plans of the MacBU are ...

Deferred Procedure in Excel 2007 VBA
Procedure A changes a color onscreen, using the integer contents of a spreadsheet cell. The first time Procedure A is called, it's results are delayed until other procedures finish. The second, and all subsequent times, Procedure A is called, it's results are immediate -- which is what I want. What gives? Adding to the mystery is that if I manually change the contents of the cell to the same existing value, Procedure A delays once again, but not after subsequent calls. -- TomThumb ...

How to Link a cell in an Excel spread sheet to a text value in Visio 2007
I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at least on opening the Visio Document? Thanks in advance, Marco UCO Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics visio 2007 professional http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA100518191033.aspx al "Marco" <null@null.net> wrote in message news:uCcafQkuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I would like to have a text value in Visio take the value of a cell in an > Excell spread sheet. Is there a way to do this, at leas...

Autoarchive not working #3
I am using OL2003 SP2 on WinXP Pro/SP2 on my office desktop. I have set multiple folders for autoarchive and I had autoarchive working correctly for months. But then it has just stopped working. The tech support staff at work came back saying autoarchive stops working if the mailbox size increases beyond a certain size. I cleaned up the mailbox and found that manual archiving works. But archiving using autoarchive settings does not work. I also read about the modified date issue in OL. But all my modified dates and received dates are the same and old enough for the mails to be archived. So n...

does this work
yes or no Maybe. Need some more data to evaluate it. -- Build a little, test a little. "Miriam Gould" wrote: > yes or no > . > ...

dlookup not working -
I am trying below to fill a field of a form , the code is as below : Private Sub SlEcode_AfterUpdate() Me.SlEDesig = DLookup("[EDesig]", "[EmpNewQ1]", "[ECode]=[Forms]![SlFormA]![SlEcode]") Me.SlEDesig = DLookup("[EDesig]", "[EmpNewQ1]", "[ECode]='" & Forms![SlFormA]![SlEcode] & "'") End Sub I tried both the above method, none is working. Note : EDesig is a text field, ECode is a text field Kindly correct my above code. Regards Irshad Assuming your input variable are correct ...

No tab for error bars in Excel 2007
I have a wierd problem. My company has pushed MS Office 2007 onto my computer set to compatibility mode. When i do a scatter plot, I follow the instructions to put Y axis error bars into the data set. When i get to the "Format Data Series" popup, there is nothing about error bars. How could this happen? I also tried a line graph and had the same problem. I am running version 12.0.6214.1000 SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). This happened because of faulty interface design decisions. Apparently nobody at Microsoft had any experience making real charts, so the features that are needed f...

MM 2007 Delux on VISTA Ultimate 64?
Hello. I am planing to buy a new comouter with VISTA Ultimate. Does MM 2007 Delux operate with VISTA 64? Now I have got VISTA Ultimate RC2 5744 and MM 2007 Delux works great. -- JerzyMarian I just installed VISTA Ultimate 64, installed MS Money 2007, migrated my data just fine from an old XP computer. Restored backup file. My problem that I don't understand is when I try to log in it tells me I have to be connected to the internet, which I am. I have to sign in w/o online services. There are no options I can see to change this. Any help would be great "JerzyMarian"...

Win98-FE RichEdit 1.0 and \highlight1 not working
I want to use the RichEdit 1.0 control with an application that should work with Win98, Win2k, and WinXp, but I am experiencing problems with getting \highlight1 to work. It works fine with Win2k and WinXp, but not on a test computer with Win98-FE. I've built test programs with VC6 and VC7.1 using static mfc binding. The MyApp.rc specifics RICHEDIT, and I am invoking AfxInitRichEdit() from InitInstance. The Win98-FE test computer has riched32.dll and riched20.dll (as installed by default). I have HighlightTest.rtf that is displayed correctly with the WordPad.exe that comes with Win98-FE...

Using CRM with Exchange 2007.
1. MS CRM contacts – can we use EXCHANGE contacts folders for CRM contacts or do we have to maintain 2 databases? I want a CLEAR explanation... 2. What else within MS CRM will have to be separately maintained if we are used to using MS EXCHANGE with Outlook for all our task, contact, and calendar management ? Thanks in advance. this one has come up before ie using the exchange contacts folder in CRM. I am thinking some sort of sync solution would be nice to sync your CRM contacts back ot an exchange folder ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Eva...

Office 2007 Won't save
I have Windows Vista and MS Office 2007. None of the programs in Office will save. This is a purchased copy, I've been using it for some time and have not added any new "add-ons" or software recently. I have followed the threads, started word in safe mode, deleted tmp files (there were none) etc. Still no joy. Any sugestions? It sounds like you have an expired copy of Office. Can you edit your files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bradsworld" <bradsworld@discussi...

Office seems to be slow
"How to troubleshoot Office for Mac documents that open slower than expected" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892959 The article describes various things that can cause Office 2004 to be slow and offers suggestions on how to speed things up. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> ...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

lines move in Visio chart when image is copied to Word 2007
I create a diagram in Visio 2007 and then copy and paste the finished diagram into Word 2007. Some of the lines (with arrows) change their position when pasted into Word 2007. Is there any way to "lock down" the lines in Visio so that won't move when the diagram is pasted into Word 2007? ...

How To Convert Access 2003 Application To Access 2007 Version
This office is converting to Office 2007. I have been asked to convert a current Access 2003 Application scheduling volunteers into something compatible with Office 2007. I have been given a virtual machine with the application loaded. I do not have any idea how to look at the VBA I wrote, run diagnostics or step thru the code in Office 2007. Can anyone suggest a book or web site that covers this topic. I am slightly above beginner status, so it will have to be fairly basic and step-by-step. As an example, how do I stop execution at the Current Event for my main page. Some...

Shakersort & my modifications that don't work :(
Excel 2003 The function below is a shaker sort, adapted from the website referenced in the code. I need to make two changes to it; (1) I'll be feeding this two different arrays and I need to sort them both the same way (as if it were a 2D array), so I added a second array and related sorting based on any sorts that occur to the first array, and (2) I need to have these modifications persist back to the calling procedure. I thought ByVal would change the "real" array in memory, but if that doesn't work I need to pass both arrays back to the calling procedure. ...

customizing 'control sources' with code in Access 2007
I have a setup where the groups, sorting, and fields have their data sources and visibility set in the report's On Open event based on choices made in a form. This works fine in 2000 and 2003 but in it causes Access 2007 to crash with an "Access has encountered a problem and needs to close." message--after several pages. I suspect this is related to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927536/en-us (Access 2007 may close unexpectedly when you try to change the Control Source property for a control that is on a report or on a form in Layout view) I'm not in Layout view, but...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

Application_Startup not running
hi we have 1 PC (out of 90+) where Application_Startup does not run Office has had the detect and repair run on it and still no joy any suggestions ? thanks Ria ...

Verification of word 2007 on vista
i got the hp model G60-114EA, and word 2007 will not function because i need a verification key, the problem is, i have no idea where to find the key It will be on a yellow or orange sticker on the case containing the Word/Office CD. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TKDAndyC1" <TKDAndyC1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A660214-2E80-489A-9330-690BCF85F16A@microsoft.com... >i got the hp model G60-114EA, and word 2007 will not function because i >need > a verif...

Exchange 2007 queue management problem
I am having a problem with an E2K7 server and managing queues. The E2K7 server was migrated (move mailbox method) from an E2K3 server. The user is a member of Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins, the local Administrators group, Exchange Organization Administrators, and Exchange View-Only Administrators (just for grins). The Exchange Transport service is started. If I try to use the Get-Queue cmdlet, I get this: [PS] C:\>Get-Queue Get-Queue : The Queue Viewer operation on computer "localhost" has failed with an exception. The error message is: Access is denied At line:1 char...