Windows Device Manager Cannot

Hi,

I have installed Office Proffessional plus 2010 RTM.

When I try to sync my Outlook 2010 content using Windows Mobile Divice
Center I get the following message.

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the
default mail client."

Can you please advice on how to correct this issue.

Regards,

Abby

Open IE and ensure there that Outlook is set as your default mail client.
Tools > Internet Options > Programs.
If it is set as the default mail client, change it, restart IE and set it
back. See if that helps.

--

Kathleen Orland

"Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Office Proffessional plus 2010 RTM.
>
> When I try to sync my Outlook 2010 content using Windows Mobile Divice
> Center I get the following message.
>
> "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
> fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as
the
> default mail client."
>
> Can you please advice on how to correct this issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Abby

0
Orland
5/6/2010 1:37:08 PM
"Abby" <Abby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have installed Office Proffessional plus 2010 RTM.
>
> When I try to sync my Outlook 2010 content using Windows Mobile Divice
> Center I get the following message.
>
> "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot
> fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as
> the
> default mail client."

Are you using the 64 bit version of Office?  If so, uninstall it and install
the 32 bit version.  The 64 bit version is useful only if you need to access
really large Office files or documents.  WMDC won't work with the 64 bit
version.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/6/2010 2:30:07 PM
What about every other app in the world? I've got the released version of
office Pro Plus 2010 x64 and it won't let me mail through any other apps
(QBooks, Acrobat etc). I tried all the fixes that are out there and found
that even in the "program access and computer defaults". under Choose default
e-mail program: there isn't even anything listed. Even when I try to send
from other office apps, I get the same error.

Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks.

"Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> What about every other app in the world? I've got the released version of
> office Pro Plus 2010 x64 and it won't let me mail through any other apps
> (QBooks, Acrobat etc). I tried all the fixes that are out there and found
> that even in the "program access and computer defaults". under Choose
> default
> e-mail program: there isn't even anything listed. Even when I try to send
> from other office apps, I get the same error.

To the best of my knowledge, there are as of yet no add-ins that work with
Office 2010 64 bit.  Since it's not available retail yet, perhaps we'll be
seeing them in the coming days as the retail availability approaches.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

How to clone a device-context?
Hi, I added two message-listeners (through subclassing) to the Progman and SysListView32 windows. Here is what I observe: (SysListView32) message=WM_PAINT,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=WM_NCPAINT,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=WM_ERASEBKGND,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (SysListView32) message=LVM_GETBKCOLOR,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 (Progman) message=WM_ERASEBKGND,wParam=0, lParam=0,return=0 What I see is that SysListView32 paints the desktop icons *before* Progman draws the desktop wallpaper. Somehow the progman background is being render...

open windows

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Workflow Manager not editing existing rules
Hello, I have found a problem with the CRM workflow manager that does not save any ajustments made to existing rules. I am not sure why this is happening, I have reset the Service's and done a iisreset, also closed and reopened the manager, etc. If anyone has an idea, please share with me. Thanks in advance Jefferson I believe there is a hotfix for this available from Microsoft Business Solutions. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jefferson" wrote: > Hello, > > I have found a problem with the CRM workflow manager that does not save any > aju...

Windows recovery console

manage different e-mail acounts
I have four main e-mail accounts: one sbcyahoo, one g-mail, and two hotmail. How can I have all my e-mails from these various accounts to come to my outlook inbox? This is the first time I will be using Outlook. Version of Outlook? Are the hotmail accounts paid or premium accounts? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Aakash asked: | I have four main e-mail accounts: one sbcyahoo, one g-mail, and two | hotmail....

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Need help managing email in Outlook 2002
Outlook 2002. I have three different trading names for three different aspects of my company. I have three different email addresses, one for each trading name. I need to be able to respond to all three at any time, which means I cannot use profiles to separate my mail, as the other two email addresses would be unattended. My problem is with sending new emails. I can't find how to change the email address I am sending from. In Outlook 2000 I could do this in a round-about way by going to a menu and changing an option each time, but in Outlook 2002 I can't find a way to change...

Windows update error

DPM managing tapes rotation is not clear 12-09-09
Hello forum, I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader. I have trouble when changing new tapes. Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the new tapes status. According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point. Even though, I went through http://technet.microsoft.com/...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...