unable to see messages in outlook 2003

after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in
inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from
mail server.  have also checked filters.

i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version &
with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked.

any assistance will be appreciated.

--
mahim
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
mahim

"mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid...

> after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in
> inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from
> mail server.  have also checked filters.

No need to post multiple times.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to open calendar

Phone Message
I have seen that there is a way to setup a Phone message in Outlook, so users do not have to send an email, or give someone a sticky yellow note. I want to setup While you were out, I know this can be done in Novell's groupWise. How do u do it in Outlook, within a Workgroup? I just want clear defined instructions, as when I search I get numerous posts about this, regarding Office 97 file that u can download. But I want to set this up in Outlook 2002, with a toolbar button so people can send each other Phone messages to say who has called, to their POP3 mail. Please help Ta L...

Some CRM Appointments not synching in outlook
Hi, I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync other appointments fine. Any ideas? Hi Sophie, For the appointments that don't sync, is the user also one of the 'Required' resources in the Appointment record? "SophieK" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. > They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync > other appointments fine. > > Any ideas? Hi Shafra...

unable to scroll the page

OL: Sent Messages Remain in My Outbox
I have read the article Q291613. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;Q291613 It said that I was trying to address the item to someone in my local personal address book. So, I tried to address an email with a totally new email address. however, the problem persists... pls pls hlp What version of Outlook and do you have send immediately checked? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: ChrisW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have re...

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Outlook AutoArchiving
The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700, "chad" <slidellinternational@gmail.com> wrote: >The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even >though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? Not sure, that's a client thing. Any group policies in place to prevent you tampering with the settings? Not that I'm aware of. I'll check the server. Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote: > On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700...

Outlook doesn't close --> WMS Idle
From time to time in recent weeks, when I log out of Windows XP Pro (SP1 with all updates) I get an "End Program" error on "WMS Idle", with the system indicating it can't shut down WMS Idle. Whenever this occurs (it happens only intermitently), Task Manager shows that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is still running. However, the Outlook 2002 application (SP2 with all updates) has been closed. There are no other system symptoms or problems whatsoever and the only software updates done for many months are Windows and McAfee updates. Is anyone aware of a Windows update...

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...

Unable to conect

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

Outlook 2003 'New Mail Desktop Alert' Doesn't Work
I have this option enabled in Outlook 2003 Advanced E-mail Options, running on WinXP Pro SP1, yet I've never once seen the actual Alert appear (transparent message box) when e-mail is received. The Preview Alert works fine. I have NAV 2003 Standard running with the Office Plug-in enabled & scanning of incoming & outgoing mails, yet the problem persists even when I disable the NAV Auto-Protect. Is there a conflict between the Outlook Alert & NAV 2003, or is it something else? the alerts don't fire if something is at full screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

mailing directly from publisher people reciveing see it incorrectl
I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I select send e.mail as attachment and when people recive this message it looks like it has 1 / 2 or even 3 parts to it and that they have not been put back together properly, the effect looks something like wallpaper and the pattern doesn't match - this makes for almost impossible reading - has any one else suffered this problem? Any ideas for a souloution Thanks iamsquid <iamsquid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I &g...

Hyperlinks in 2003 version #3
My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Mike -- Cbravo212 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390311 Try downloading some updates from Adobe's web site. I use 7.0 and experie...

Inteligent Message Filtering...
Is there any easy way to view the contents or sender that get dumped into the delete folder? My client liked being able to review the old mail in the admin box even though he might have received 1000 messages over the weekend. Occasionally, he found valuable mail. Thanks! Chris Do you mean the IMF Archive folder in mailroot? Check out IMF Archive Manager http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Chris Marsh" &l...