trouble seting up new user account

Hello

Outlook 2003   exchange 2003

click on Outlook icon   I get directed to use the mail icon in control panel
I do so
I get a box that wants me to tell if I am upgrading from outlook
express....... I never getthat before

when doing "check name"  I get
"there was an error locting one ofthe items neededto complete  the operation
 It may have been deleted"
 I have done repair on office and,  I have reinstall the complete office
still the same
ant help would be appreciated

Dan DeCoursey wrote:
> Hello
>
> Outlook 2003   exchange 2003
>
> click on Outlook icon   I get directed to use the mail icon in control
> panel
> I do so
> I get a box that wants me to tell if I am upgrading from outlook
> express....... I never getthat before
>
> when doing "check name"  I get
> "there was an error locting one ofthe items neededto complete  the
> operation
> It may have been deleted"
> I have done repair on office and,  I have reinstall the complete office
> still the same
> ant help would be appreciated

Does it work as expected if you don't use the outlook icon and go to
the Control panel and double click on the Mail icon?
What version of Windows are you using?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange
Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/)

'Outlook Tips by email'
(mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net)
'EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange'
(mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM)
View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45496

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane

Birthday reminder
Hi! We have a problem with the birthday reminder on the contact person. When we are creating a birthday reminder on a contact, all CRM users are getting a reminder in there calendar. Any out there who have the same problem? Best Regard Claus ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

2 Accounts on Outlook?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C93842.127F2810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, On my PC I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an exchange server for = work and Outlook Express (about 5 accounts) pop3 for my personal email. Is there any way I can use Outlook 2007 for all these accounts but not = have the emails merging into 1 inbox etc? Thanks Mark ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C93842.127F2810 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodi...

Users get locked out
I've got an app in VB6 that users access as a database. Some users are reporting that it is all working ok until 1 particular user connects to the database. When they do they get the error below. On several occasions I've sent an email saying that it must be network permissions and not had a reply. Usually that means it fixed the issue and they don't want to admit it was their fault but it makes it difficult because I have no idea what the solution was. Has anyone encountered this? Is there an easy way to reproduce it on my machine? I don't think it's anything to do ...

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...

Don't Break Up Account Payments
When payments are applied at one store to A/R's from different stores the payment is broken up by store, and the payments "pieces" can even have different dates on them. Some of my client's customer have been either confused or angry because the pieces can be on different statements, and it looks like they're being shortchanged. What I'm basically asking is that account payments are listed on statements as a full payment and not be broken up. Thanks, Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to update every time a user .
For some reason I cannot remember how to do this... I want my spreadsheet to update (retain the changes that other users make) automatically. How do I do this? Help! JM Jennie, are you talking about saving the workbook when it is closed? if so put this in the thisworkbook code, if the user enables macros the file will save all changes before it closes Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answer...

New CRM 3.0 Partner Preparedness Tools Available
http://blogs.msdn.com/jim_glass/archive/2007/03/08/new-crm-3-0-partner-preparedness-tools-available.aspx ...

User Doesn't receive any external email
Interesting problem that I have no clue how to fix. I have a user who seems unable to receive any email sent from an extenal source. She can receive email from internal exchange users. I did send her a test email and received a delivery receipt, however the email is not visible via Outlook. On a lark, I tried viewing her box via OWA and the results were the same. The account settings appear to be okay, unless I was missing a really obvious setting. Any help would be appreciated. Try using Advanced Find facility. Also, do you get NDR when sending message to her from outside? What if you reply...

New Inbox?
Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Trevor <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote: > Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called > archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the > inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman sorry, yes , Outlook 2000. I have on the left a folder called archive folder with calendar,contacts...

New Error every day
Windows XP Pro Sp3 Login to a Windows 2003 R2 Standard DC Server Have two DC servers I get this error everyday at 8:00 AM only once a day Event Type: Error Event Source: NETLOGON Event Category: None Event ID: 5719 Date: 12/23/2009 Time: 8:15:48 AM User: N/A Computer: TGKW001 Description: No Domain Controller is available for domain OUR due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. .. Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administ...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Creating New Profile?
I have Outlook 98 and would like to set up separate profiles for myself and my wife so that we can sync to separate pda's. The instructions in my manual say to open the Mai icon in the Control Panel which will open the "Service Properties" dialog box, but instead I get the "Internet accounts" dialog box which just enables me to add a new internet mail account. I never get to any of the other dialog boxs allowing me to "configure services" or "add services" The add services instructions say to select a profie (internet account profile- Contr...

New word docs open randomly when I print or save existing doc

associated AD account deleted
Hello, hope someone can help me. I'm sure there's a way to do this - but I can't seem to readily find the information. One of my users was terminated last week and I deleted his AD account. His Exchange 2000 mailbox is still in the Message Store, but it is no longer associated with an AD user account. The terminated employees manager now needs something from the terminated users mailbox but I can't seem to easily associate the mailbox to another account. Normally, I would copy a terminated employees mailbox content off to a PST but I forgot to do so for this user. How can...

Full Account Descr on PM Transaction Listing
We've been making some pretty long Account Descriptions and now we've run into a problem. The PM Transaction Posting Journal uses a work table called PM_Journal_Distributions and a field called Field2. PM_Journal_Distributions.Field2 is only 32 characters long and our descriptions are often longer. The payables dept is complaining they can't tell which account is being shown on their edit listing because there are so many characters being cut off. My question is, can someone show me how to successfully create a new table relationship between this table and the Account M...

Account payments do not show in the register reports.
When ever we make a payment to an account, say using a credit card that payment to account will not show up on the detailed electronic capture report for that register. It will show up on the global report and it is being captured, but it will not show up on the individual report. Please help. We are on 2.0 -- Frank Rizzo ...

Outlook Appointments off by 1 Hour on some Users Outlook Calendar
I have some users that have SOME appointments (both recurring and single instance) that are off by 1 hour. I have tried the Outlook Time Zone Move program on 3 separate computers (all runing Win XP Pro/Outlook 2007) and the program "finds no appointments that need fixing"...but there are clearly one or more that need fixed if I manually look in their calendar. The weird thing is that when I run the tool on my Outlook (Windows 7 Ult/Outlook 2007) it still shows no appointments need fixing but it gives me a "details" button to show my appointments where I can ...

New Server #2
Hi I am installing a new Exchange 2003 Server. I have an existing 2003 Exchange Server. What is the best tool for me to use to move mailboxes between the servers, ExMerge or default Mailbox move option, or is there anything else that i could use to move the Entire Mailstore and not individual mailboxes? Thanx Sulaiman The default move-mailbox option is by far the best - preserves single instance storage, is much less risky, and there's virtually no downtime for the users. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discu...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere
Okay hey guys. The problem I'm having is with a line graph. I have two lines. I have 8 rows of data, but I have no idea how to change the numbers on the axis for both the x and the y. What it is doing is on the X-axis it has 1-8 in increments of one. This is because I have 8 rows of data. What I WOULD like is for it to show up as (each tick) is increments of 500 labeled at every 2000 increment. I hope you guys get what I'm saying. I have no idea how to change this, and I have looked for a long long time. I appreciate your help. -- cloosh -----------------------------------...

What is new in CRM 2.0
Does anyone know which new modules(objects) will be added to the new release? There is a lot of speculation Michael. Things mentioned have been more customization possiblities, ability to add new objects, activity display customization and perhaps a marketing module. Keep in mind that all information is speculative until Microsoft announces the product. "Michael Katsev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1398c01c4440c$30c48ba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know which new modules(objects) will be added > to the new release? not to menti...