Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.

I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step.  When I point Outlook
to my
..pst file, I get access restriction messages.

How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007?

Thanks.

Which exact steps are these?
From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007
machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\
In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

For details see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"flaptaxjn" <flaptaxjn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step.  When I point
> Outlook
> to my
> .pst file, I get access restriction messages.
>
> How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007?
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady

error when opening Publisher file
I'm getting an error: "Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" when I open a Publisher file that I created, sent off to a colleague for editing, and she sent back to me. We're both on Pub 2002, but we have different numbers in parens after Pub 2002. Are there different versions of Pub. 2002 that would prevent me from opening a file that she saved on her computer? I can open other Publisher files sent by someone else.... Do you both have the Service Releases installed? www.microsoft.com/office -- Aft...

How to mark mail so I know addressee opens it?
Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide = at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to = accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone = has to come along and try to pry information out of you. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All = unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without = reading. "neophyte" <neophyte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote Nothing! ...

How to use an Excel 1997 files with line chart that have date & ti
I have many old Excel 1997 files with line graphs that show up the x axis date and time values. The old Excel 97 show about ever 10 or 20th date/time stamp in the x axis, but the new 2003 show only black spots at the bottom of the line graphs. How do I get Excel 2003 to produce a line graph to show time/scale data that has dates and times like the old Excel 97 did? ...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel #2
Thanks Frank. I have created help file using HTML Help Worksho program. But How can I use or attach this file in excel? I am no able to use or attach the file in my program. Thanks suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi attached some code (put this in a new module): Option Explicit Declare Function HtmlHelp Lib "hhctrl.ocx" _ Alias "...

Cannot open PDF in OWA
Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by design or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Hi, Is this the errors you experience? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935/en-us Leif "jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBD8ED6D-233F-4F85-8048-B73427FE711E@microsoft.com... > Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by > design > or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Leif, No error is given. IE reports that the page is done...

emptying pst file
I am trying to gain hard disk space and have deleted emails but my personal folder still shows 12 gig. There is about 2 gig which I want to keep. As best I can determine the PST file keeps stuff even though I want to get rid of it for good. How do I dump all this stuff. The 10 gig is deleted emails. Did you compact your file after you deleted items? -- Russ Valentine "yorkieshome" <yorkieshome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1867F43-5911-4EFA-8A37-F2D221EE1575@microsoft.com... >I am trying to gain hard disk space and have deleted emails b...

vba to check presence of file and open/not open
Hi, The problem:- vba to check the presence of a file then prompt user if file is to be opened or not. For some reason, when i click no, the program still open the file. Your help will be very much appreciated. Sub PegaToday() Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("O:\MRS_reports\Setts\pega_outstanding_" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If sFile <> "" Then MsgBox "Todays Pege is Ready" & vbCrLf & "" & vbCrLf _ & "Do You want to Open?", vbYesNo, "Ready or Not"...

opening a file
Friends send me articles or messages and I can't open it. I get an error "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel" I don't know what that means. As example of message set to me "agingmomentsofreason.pps(1.51MB) I feel dumb and don't know where to get an answer. What kind of program do I need. I have Vista That is a Powerpoint file. Download and install the viewer if you don't have Office PowerPoint installed. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Copy worksheet from one book to open workbook
Hi there I hope you can help. I want to copy a worksheet from one book to the workbook that is already open. Example - open closed book called Owner Rep and copy the single sheet in that book called sheet1 to the open book and replace existing sheet1. thanks Nev xl2003 right click sheet tab>move or copy>create a copy>select a book -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Nev" <Nev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EF02FE4-682B-437D-AAC2-533B3C51472A@microsoft.com... > Hi there > >...

How do I remove a corrupted file from a mailbox
I use Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 to backup the exchange mailboxes. I get a failure everyday saying that a file is corrupt and the backup failed. How do i find and remove this one file so that i will quit getting a failure on my backup log. I tried using Exmerge but i cannot get it to even execute. are you performing brick-level backups? not just backing up the stores? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "tchast" <tchast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54690CDA-74DA-449D-85EF-EC703E4B912C@microsoft.com... > I use Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 to backup the exchange ...

Problems when creating Install file
Hi! I have migrated a VB application from Visual Studio 2003 to VB 2008 express, and I am having some difficulties when it comes to creating an installation file. At first, I can not create an installation project in my solution, I can just publish the project, but when doing so the extra files that the project uses (for example excel templates) do not get copied to the computer where I install the project. My questions are: 1.- Do you know how can I get my excel templates to be included in the install file? 2.- Do you know where I can find a good manual about how to create in...

Compatibility file Publisher2000 d/l Publisher2007 files?
Is there a compatibility file enabling Publisher 2000 to download Publisher 2007 format files? You can download the files okay, but you will not be able to convert them. If the files are important I will convert them for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76C87F34-1EBD-4F15-8E38-769BA9A101F1@microsoft.com... > Is there a compatibility file enabling Publisher 2000 to download Publisher > 2007 format files? "Mary Sauer" wrote: > You can download the f...

Can I have thousands of worksheets open at the same time?
I have recently finished an excel program that downloads historical stock data from the internet into separate worksheets for each corresponding stock ticker. To these worksheets the program then applies a formula to the data contained in every worksheet. My goal here was to be able to apply this formula to over 8000 different stocks simultaneously. This requires that there be over 8000 worksheets (each containing historical stock data for ten years) be open at the same time. It works great for around 1000 worksheets, however, this seems to be the limit. Before tackling the construction o...

convert my MS Money file from MS Money (v14) Financial Suite OEM to Money 2007
Hi all, I am trying to convert my MS Money file from MS Money (v14) Financial Suite OEM to Money 2007. When I try and convert it says it can't be done since it was created in a different version of Money. Is there any supported upgrade path for this? Also does Money 2007 work in Vista? thanks Money is heavily regionalised so you must stick within region when upgrading. US > US is OK but UK > US is not. The error indicates you may be trying to upgrade across regions. Re VISTA, some people have reported problems others have had no trouble. Apparently a patch to M2007 is nee...

Opening specified worksheets
Is there a way to open a .xls file on specified worksheet? For example, I've a file with 4 sheets, each one has a different week of the month. I tried writing a .bat file to start Excel, open the .xls file and change the sheet depending on which week we were on - nothing too complex but didn't work. Any ideas please? If you are comfortable with macros, you can probably write a progra that identifies the week from today's date and select the appropriat worksheet tab. This would be in the workbook_open procedure of th workbook. (Ofcourse you will have to enable macros each time ...

Importing text file to inventory
I am trying to import a text file from my handheld scanner to the inventory wizard. I tried it both as a .csv file and as a tab-delimited file. In both cases I see the columns in the wizard, but each row has the icon that means "items with errors." I can't figure out the problem. I have it cut down to three columns: item code, count, and count date. Anybody have any ideas? Tom, Have you looked at the CSV itself to see if there are text quotes, etc to include in your options? Maybe the columns are in a weird order? Good luck, Matt "Tom" <tomhughes108@yahoo...

How do I stop the same document from opening everytime I open Word
There seems to be a document that I deleted stuck in Word. It appears everytime I open Word and everytime I try to open a blank Word sheet. I can't get rid of it. Any suggestions? You seem to have saved that document as the Normal.dot template file. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm -- Hope this helps DeanH "Chairlady1" wrote: > There seems to be a document that I deleted stuck in Word. It appears > everytime I open Word and everytime I try to open a blank Word sheet. I can't > get rid of it. Any suggestions? ...

Exch5.5 How-2-close-open-relay
I just discovered we have an open-relay issue here, and would like to know how to lock it down as best I can. Exchange Server 5.5 Under Connections, IMS, I click on Routing. I've switched it from "Do not reroute" to, Reroute incoming SMTP...." I've gone into Routing Restrictions and Clicked "Hosts and clients that successfully Authenticate" but still have mail being relayed, so I must have missed something. Any help appreciated - TIA > but still have mail being relayed, so I must have missed something. How are you determining that you are still a...

embeding file in primary file in excel
In Excel on the primary worksheet in one column named Deduction this value ($) is the sum from another worksheet. I would like to have a blank for setup ready for imput to appear. Upon completion of this form I would like this answer to be return to the primary worksheet ...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

How to author a Help file?
I believe the latest Help file is MALM technology, but I have not been able to find the tool or instructions. Can anybody steer me to that? Access 2007...Vista Ron ...

Can't open OL 97
I can't open OL 97 (error message says the .DLL file is either damaged or could not be found). Any suggestions on how I can get to my contact list so I can get addresses to mail Christmas cards? Have you tried doing a Detect and Repair? You should find the command on Outlook 97's Help menu. You'll need to have your Office CD handy when you do a repair. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:056e01c3c823$713bf070$a001280a@phx.gbl, Mike ...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jtjordan_design" <jtjordan_design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BBA993D-09AE-4BE5-BEFC-0A06705A16D0@microsoft.com... > After desi...

History document shows as open in AR with CBM
Hello The Client using GP10 SP1 with Middle East installation having Cash Book Management (CBM) module. After entering the Transaction >> Financial >> Bank Management >> Cash Receipt with type as AR and fully applied the receipt amount against invoice. ie 100$ Receipt was applied against 100$ invoice. Then we made the build deposit and posted Transaction >> Financial >> Bank Management >> Build Deposit for the entered Receipt. Then Post receipt in AR Module also. Transactions >> Sales >> Receivables Batches This was created by CBM while ...

backup files
I own money 98 and wanted to put it on my new machine, the "old" backup file has a differant extention on it than what the program is looking for , both machines were setup using the same program from the same disc, after wiping the other machine I now find out the "new" machine won't read my floppy. Well, there are several possibilities here: 1) Your technique is wrong. Be sure and do a File|Restore in Money not a File|Open. 2) M98 did not originally backup to multiple diskettes. This was a pretty mind-numbing omission since it was the first version to bloat mos...