MODI (microsoft Office Document Imaging)

Ive just recently installed MODI in my new hp computer and cant get the
search to work. It doesn't look for what i type.

Im using Windows 7Home Premium 64-Bit
And
Microsoft Office Standard 2007

If anyone has ANY ideas it would be appreciated!
Its urgent as it is my work computer.

Regards
TwiceAsNice2

What exactly are you trying to search?  MODI is just a printer driver that
allows you to create a document that can be sent via email etc just like we
used to  create a pdf file from Office document until M$ came out with "Save
As" tool for Office 2007.  MODI allows you to create these documents from
any applications on your machine.  It acts as a printer except that you only
get soft copy that can be viewed on your screen or printed separately using
your installed printer.

I am sure you are talking of some other functions that I don't have on my
system.  I am still searching or please explain further.

"TwiceasNice2" <TwiceasNice2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive just recently installed MODI in my new hp computer and cant get the
> search to work. It doesn't look for what i type.
>
> Im using Windows 7Home Premium 64-Bit
> And
> Microsoft Office Standard 2007
>
> If anyone has ANY ideas it would be appreciated!
> Its urgent as it is my work computer.
>
> Regards
> TwiceAsNice2

0
ANONYMOUS
1/23/2010 10:05:18 PM

"ANONYMOUS" wrote:

> What exactly are you trying to search?  MODI is just a printer driver that
> allows you to create a document that can be sent via email etc just like we
> used to  create a pdf file from Office document until M$ came out with "Save
> As" tool for Office 2007.  MODI allows you to create these documents from
> any applications on your machine.  It acts as a printer except that you only
> get soft copy that can be viewed on your screen or printed separately using
> your installed printer.
>
> I am sure you are talking of some other functions that I don't have on my
> system.  I am still searching or please explain further.
>

> "TwiceasNice2" <TwiceasNice2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ive just recently installed MODI in my new hp computer and cant get the
> > search to work. It doesn't look for what i type.
> >
> > Im using Windows 7Home Premium 64-Bit
> > And
> > Microsoft Office Standard 2007
> >
> > If anyone has ANY ideas it would be appreciated!
> > Its urgent as it is my work computer.
> >
> > Regards
> > TwiceAsNice2
>

> .
> What Ive been working on is Microsoft document imaging. I use it to scan manifest and search specific items. Just like when you use the search function in a web browser to find specific type. My problem is when ever i go to use the search function in MODI it doesn't search for what i typed but instead it just looks  for ANY type on the page.
I'm wondering if its got something to do with my setting or the fact that Im
using Office 07 or if its my windows 7 Os.

before i was using Windows Xp and Office 2003 and it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for replying!

Yep I got the same issue here with vista and office 2007
0
flippy

Envelope Address Font using Microsoft Offic Word 2003
Using the Tools Envelopes Label menu, I highlight the address of a letter and choose Size 10 envelope. On preview screen everything looks great, when I print out the address is in a huge font. I checked all the defaults and it is set to a 10 font. The return address prints fine. Any ideas Thank ...

MODI
Can anyone tell me if the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is included with the standalone version of Publisher? If so, are the MODI libraries included as well? I'd really like to have the MODI capabilities and "printer" driver without having to purchase the full version of Office Professional. I want to know if it comes with Publisher because I could use Publisher for some other things anyway. Thanks, Chad Hi ABS-CJK (Darknightx13@hotmail.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Can anyone tell me if the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer is || included w...

Re: Out of Office Assistance Issue
It is working for both internal and external users. The user that is experiencing the problem does not have any PST files and is accessing her mailbox located on the Exchange box. "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.st6v4zu16r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:13:14 -1000, Vic <western.cu@gmail.com> wrote: > > Does it not work for internal or external users? Is the user using their > mailbox or a PST file for their default data store? > > >> The out of office assistant works for all users ...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Multiple internet email accounts office 2007
I have 2 internet email accounts. I can add them both to my profile but what I want is to be able to see both accounts in the panel on the left hand side. Cannot find any help that says do this... if this was exchange accounts not a problem Both of the accounts are working ok, can send and receive. Currently using office 2007 standard Thanks http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm See settings specific to 2007 Also can depend on the type of mail account "Nutty Fudge" <Nutty Fudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B56E217-904C-4A0D-A7B...

office outlook 2003 not responding
i get an error whcih states the following " cannot start microsoft office outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. " I am using xp home and it is a stand alone computer. Has anybody had this error. Under Control Panel->Mail Icon, what do you show as installed mail account type(s)? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

Microsoft Money Premium or Small Business 2006
Since I use Windows 2000, I cannot use the 2007 version. These questions are specific to the 2006 version for which I cannot find a trial download. These questions apply only to Investment accounts. 1. With Quicken, the most recent 90 days of transactions can be downloaded from Fidelity Investments, but there does not seem to be any way to download older transactions, or to import older transactions (Fidelity only creates CSV files). Can Money 2006 solve this problem? 2. Quicken has a feature that compares the benefits of using average cost vs., actual cost for capital gains distributions. ...

links to public folder documents
I need to create an email message that includes a link to a document in an Outlook Public Folder. Can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA The link needs to be in this format: <outlook://Public Folders/All Public Folders/YOUR PUBLIC FOLDER PATH/~ITEM NAME> You need to include the "~" before the item name. The "<>" on each end of the link keep it intact in case it breaks across two lines. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &quo...

Office

Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Filter Inoperative After Office 2007 Beta Install
After I installed Office 2007 Beta 2 - without installing the Outlook component - my Outlook 2003 junk mail filter ceased to work. Everything else in Outlook 2003 seems to work just fine, I changed no settings, I've tried rebooting / restarting multiple times over many days, and I have the most recent updates for Outlook 2003. Can anyone suggest a possible fix - one that doesn't involve uninstalling and/or reinstalling everything? Thanks, Mike ...

Microsoft 2007
I am trying to share a workbook - Toolbar, Review/Share Workbook - Each time, I get a message, the file is no longer shared and will not let me save. Any thoughts? -- Patty I think another person of your shared workbook might have removed you from the sharing. Otherwise the file has been moved to some other location. Save the current file in your local system and try to open the Original File from its actual location. -- Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Patty" wrote: > I am tryi...

how to display the animated images?
Tools:- VC 6.0 OS : Windows XP Hi ALL, I have want to display some animated images in a mfc application. I have two gif files which I want to display alternatively on a very short time interval so that it looks like animated image. How can I do this? What are the other better approaches to acheive the same? Any help in this regards is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Manpreet The first suggestion would be to create an animated GIF and display that. joe On 22 Apr 2007 07:09:21 -0700, Albert <mschugh@gmail.com> wrote: >Tools:- VC 6.0 >OS : Windows XP >...

microsoft office for mac
I downloaded the trial version to my emac G4 and later decided that I preferred openoffice. I dropped the trial version in the trash, but some part of it lurks in my computer. When I receive an attachment in powerpoint format, and I try to open it, a message pops up to tell me that my version of microsoft office for mac is expired. This somehow prevents my open office from opening the attachment. In my "missing manual" it says that there may be a file under "home -->preferences that I should also delete. I have spent hours looking, and can't access this file. Is ...

Can I get more uses from Office Professional 2007 and how?
cannot load office 07 on another laptop as i have used it the maximum allowable times. Unfortunately the laptop that it was installed on, caught fire, and I lost everything. Is there a way to be able to load to my new laptop without buying new software? Use the phone activation option and explain to them what happened. "sgdexter" <sgdexter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A37FC9A2-9176-4BBA-9C03-FF24643CAA39@microsoft.com... : cannot load office 07 on another laptop as i have used it the maximum : allowable times. Unfortunately the laptop tha...

Can You Tell Me Which Microsoft Certification is the most popular nowdays
Recommend Microsoft certificatons : * Exchange Server 2007 * MCAD.NET * MCDBA * MCDST * MCITP * MCP * MCPD * MCSA * MCSA 2003 * MCSD.NET * MCSE * MCSE 2000 Security * MCSE 2003 * MCSE 2003 Managing * MCSE 2003 Security * MCTS * Microsoft Business Solutions * Microsoft Licensing exam * Microsoft Partner Competency exam * Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuring * Office SharePoint Server 2007 * TS * Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Which Microsoft Certification is the most popular, get the answer in http://...

Microsoft Outlook Help not working
When I click on the Microsoft Outlook help button, the Office Assistant appears and I am able to type in my question. However, when the list of "what would you like to do" appears and I click on one, nothing happens, - the window where the answer would be is blank. How do I get it to show the answer? Helen What version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO ...

Help - can't import Word documents
I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO (like PTA). This software is so hard to figure out! People have been trained to send me articles in Word, but I can't take the articles and place them exactly like they should be (formatting and all) into Publisher. Some articles need to be exactly as they are, not put into the format of Publisher I am very freustrated with this Publisher software and am thinking that I just wasted $160.00 for nothing. Will I have to eat crow and go back to Word??? > I am an editor of an elementary school newsletter for PSO > (l...

opening *.mdi files MODI locks up mouse
When I perform the following: Remote Desktop to Windows 2008 x64 and open up an MDI file - Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) format - the mouse locks up and stops moving inside the RDP session. The keyboard still works but to get the mouse working again, you need to log off. This was duplicated on multiple PCs. Looks like uninstalling "Desktop Experience" fixes this problem "Kublakan" wrote: > When I perform the following: Remote Desktop to Windows 2008 x64 and open up > an MDI file - Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) format - the mous...

Office 2008 "Help" requires fix to on how to deal with changes from Office 2004
The Office 2008 Help program should include in its index how to deal with changes from the previous version. 1. For example, I could not find "source" as in Entourage/View Source, which used to be under the View pulldown menu. It took awhile to find that it was included, instead, under the Message pulldown menu. 2. For example, I had to inquire in the Entourage newsgroup on what happened to "Mark ALL Read" when one is through scanning a window of posts/threads. Those are just two of many examples that come to mind in which "Help" is of little help. A small ...

Microsoft Office 2000 and Microsoft Vista
I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine. Are the Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista? Thanks Kevin You gave yourself permission to do this? Kevin wrote: > I have Office 2000 and cannot seem to install the Service packs for it. I am > running Windows Vista Ultimate service pack 2 on the machine. Are the > Microsoft Office service packs compatable with Windows Vista? > > Thanks > Kevin > These are the errors generated ...

Microsoft Active Directory
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C56C34.1A8C2AE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Process: In Active Directory Users and Computers select a user and view the user = properties. Select the Exchange Advanced tab and click on the Mailbox = Rights button. =20 Resulting Error Message: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange = Information Store service is unavailable. Be sure the service is = running and you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange ...

Sales Transactions
I recently modified the "RM Statement on Blank Paper Report" to display notes that have been attached to the Document Number of a Sales Invoice. The note text comes from SY_Records_Notes_MSTR.txtfield (SY03900). In KB863369, the RM Open File table.noteindx (RM20101), is joined to the SY_Records_Notes_MSTR.noteindx (SY03900). Whenever a note is added to the Document Number on the Sales Invoice the text will be displayed on the report. This works great in GP 10, but for some reason whenever I run the report in GP 6.0 (SQL database), the text is not displayed on the report. I di...

Microsoft Money 2007 #3
How can we skip the opening page "Sign in to open your Money file" and go directly to the Account list. =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gUiBTZXZlbm9ha3MgVUs=?= <BrianRSevenoaksUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 11 Nov 2007 in group microsoft.public.money: > How can we skip the opening page "Sign in to open your Money file" > and go directly to the Account list. As far as I know, there's no way built into Money. Are you sure you want to do this? What about when your nosey brother-in-law comes to visit -- wouldn't a password be useful then? You can automate a...

Is there an easy way to take data from a spread sheet and have it entered into a Word document?
I use Excel to create quotes and than manually have to transfer the information into the form I use that I created in Word can this be automated easily? Marc Marc, Take a look at mail merge in Help (from both Word and Excel). HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:bou5e.2171$go4.227@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I use Excel to create quotes and than manually have to transfer the > information into the form I use that I created in Word can this be automated > easily? > > Marc > > With the...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Just today when I tried to open my outlook it will not open says I need to run scanpst.exe, and use inbox repair tool. I can find scanpst file, but will not fix my problem. I am afraid that I have lost all me e-mail addresses and contact information. Can I recover this information somehow? Thanks, Lee what happened when you ran scanpst on the pst file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookti...