I dont have scanpst.exe folder. How do I add one so I can fix Out

I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt
folder.  In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder.
Is there somewhere I can download this file?

Mary

It is not a folder but a tool for scanning your pst files for errors.
Do a search for scanpst.exe and when you find it go to it and run it with Outlook
closed.

--
Peter

"Mary O" <Mary O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt
> folder.  In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder.
> Is there somewhere I can download this file?

0
Peter

Public Folder Reporting
We would like to perform an audit of all our Public Folders. What would be the best way to get a report showing details on the PF use. I would like to see last access size, owners etc... Thanks On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:02:02 -0800, jwilmer <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We would like to perform an audit of all our Public Folders. What would be >the best way to get a report showing details on the PF use. I would like to >see last access size, owners etc... > >Thanks Take a look at pfdavadmin and see what requirements it meets. http://www.micros...

getting a list of permissions on a folder
Hi all, using 2008r2 now. I need to get a list of users permissions by folder and subfolders. We have a shared folder called Public and under that is subfolders with many different folders and different permissions for each folder. Does 2008R2 have an easy way to list the permissions for a folder? I don't know how to use powershell so what else would be available to do this. Thanks in advance for your help on this. Sher "Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7DB3CBA-0F8F-4143-BEAF-3A527EB0D102@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > u...

subtract one hour from time
I am converting EST to CST and rounding down to nearest half hour. The rounding portion, I got.... =FLOOR(F2,1/48) Having trouble subtracting one hour from the result. thanx =FLOOR(F2,1/48) - time(1,0,0) or =FLOOR(F2,1/48) - 1/24 "J.W. Aldridge" wrote: > > I am converting EST to CST and rounding down to nearest half hour. > > The rounding portion, I got.... > > =FLOOR(F2,1/48) > > Having trouble subtracting one hour from the result. > > thanx -- Dave Peterson Thanx Mr. Dave, but still getting ######### as a result. I think its the fact...

can't separate identities
I just set up new computer. I am unable to separate mail identities. All email goes into one box. They each had separate inboxes on my old computer. What have I done wrong? ...

vmimb.exe
I have had an Exchange Server running for over two years. This weekend, the program vmimb.exe, which I believe is relative to POP3 Mailbox retrieval, started using between 85 and 98 percent of the CPU and nothing else can run in the ssystem. Does any have any ideas what might be causing this or how to correct the problem? Ken, Do you have an virus software scanning the pop3 connector folder? This can cause the vimb.exe process to use 100% of the cpu. -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

can i change the dpi for an imported pic? if so how
I made a logo, and the printer told me that is was 150 dpi. He would like to have 300 dpi for better sharpnest. can that be done? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mark" <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB1B39A6-DDC7-4679-ABF1-3F447B76381D@microsoft.com... >I made a logo, and the printer told me that is was 150 dpi. He would like >to > have 300 dpi for better sharpnest. can that be done? mark <mark@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I made a logo, and the printer told me that is wa...

tooltip
I have an MFC application and although most menu/tool bar icons show the associated Prompt and Tool Tip, there are one or two that just dont show them. I've checked the resources and they look of for all the items (working and non-working) but I cant seem to get all the tool-tips to show up Any help will be much appreciated Phil Tooltips for buttons display only that text which follows \n and corresponds to the prompt for the identical menu item. Do you have a \n in all tooltip text? Just a guess. joe On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:20:03 +0100, "Phil Cunningham" <phil@oak...

why can't I access conditional formatting?
I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull down. I would really like to use this feature, It just is always unavailible If your workbook is shared, CF is unavailable. See 'Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks' in help -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B543FFC-BB33-4057-9AC8-B068DEEF6907@microsoft.com... > I cant seem to acces the conditional formatting thing in the formulas pull > down. > > > I w...

Personal folders #11
I tried making a personal folder with a new name, thinking that I could start a seperate address book for a group of 600 members. I am in Outlook 2000. The experiment did not work so I deleted that folder. Well it now looks for it everytime that I open Outlook. and I also have all my personal folder in a folder called personal folder and another personal folder with in the "Outlook Today". So now I have a deleted folder that will not go away and two personal folders with duplicate information on inbox, outbox, calendar, etc. How do I get rid of the no named folder, and one of th...

Disable View by Group for all Folders at once?
When I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, a number of new settings went into affect. I would prefer that this not occur, but luckily most I have been able to deal with, one by one (e.g., the stupid, annoying paperclip started showing up in all Microsoft programs I use immediately after upgrading to Outlook 2003). Anyhow, I would like to be able to disable the View option to Arrange By/Show In Groups for all of my Outlook folders. Seems I have to do it on a folder by folder basis which is unacceptable with the number of folders I maintain for work. Does anyone know how to disable Show In...

PDA MS OFFICE Where can I find a mileage template to download????
I usa a PDA (Dell Axim 5) running OFFICE Where can I find a mileage template to download???? Thank you ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only.
Hello How to change the default view of an e-mail message to "web layout" when I reply to messages? The default view is Normal now. The text uses left one third of the screen only. ...

BCP.EXE is not installed
I just ran into this problem with an GP 8.0 client. It shows up when you run Great Plain Utilities on the client. Here's the fix. Recheck your SYSTEM DSN and make sure your using SQL authentication. Copy the BCP.exe and the BCP.rll files from the Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn folder on the Great Plains SQL server to the C:\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great Plains\SQL\Util folder, on the client. I did not have to rename the SQL folder on the client side as KB 862036 mentions. Then run GP utilities again. Hope this helps folks out. /:> ...

How can I change a .pub to .JPG
I created a business card on Publisher 2000. How can I send the image to others on Outlook Express so anyone can open it?? How do I change from a ..pub to a .jpg format?? Select all the objects, copy, paste into Paint, save as. In Paint, on the toolbar, Image, attributes, select inches, input 3.5 x 2. Or you could send as a PDF. There are free converters around such as: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steamtown Pete" <Steamtown Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

re: can't open corrupted word doc? encoding garbage?
Hey Mac Geniuses, I fix mac computers too, so I'd love your take & expert advice on my friend's computer w/ these two issues. Searched forums & google with varying degrees much luck. I DID find this post from google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse_thread/thread/d9a81587a602f5ba/1e19331b62dc937c?lnk=gst&q=corrupted+#1e19331b62dc937c Thanks in advance for your help!!! Definitely much appreciated! Here are the two main issues: 1. Corrupted word for mac issues She cannot open these files. It also seems to be &quo...

loop thru collection and add "innerText" to nodes via XsltArgumentList

How you can save fuel and the environment
Driving and Car Maintenance: Transportation accounts for 66% of U.S. oil use -mainly in the form of gasoline. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to improve gas mileage. Driving Tips:- Idling gets you 0 miles per gallon. The best way to warm up a vehicle is to drive it. No more than 30 seconds of idling on winter days is needed. Anything more simply wastes fuel and increases emissions.- Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration, and hard braking) wastes gas. It can lower your highway gas mileage 33% and city mileage 5%. Drive at lowest and constant rpms; 2000 rpm are enough; ...

Can I link Mapquest to MS Excel or Outlook
Is it possible to link Mapquest to MS Excel or Outlook? I know the Mapquest tool bar can be added to MS Internet Explorer. ...

OL 2003, All users filtering Public Folder for Junk
Hi We have found that Outlook for some users are filtering Public Folders that are in the favorites. Is there any method of preventing this? Thanks B ...

Permissions in Public Folders/Contacts
First off I'm running SBS2003 and Exchange 2003. Here is my problem. I am new to the 2003 platform as i've been used to using NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. I want to give my users read/write/delete permissions in the public folders as well as the public contact lists that has all the contacts we all use on a daily basis. I do not however want these folks to have full administrator capabilities. How do i go about doing this in exchange 2003. Also, where in the heck do you find the Que where all the crap messages are stored. Is there a built in spam filter??? Thanks, Ryan Hi Ry...

Add User Privilage
I installed CRM only today.I have domain admin privilages I am in the system admininstrators group in the active directory also. When I try adding an user in the Deployment Manager I get this message, "You dont have sufficient privilages to run the User Manger Wizard.For more information contact your system administrator". I have not added any Buissness unit or security roles ... Help needed... ...

mnybb.exe?
my anti virus just said this file was trying to access the internet. anyone know what this file is for? I did not have money running, and dont think about this perticular file? It sounds like "Money background banking" however use Windows search to go find the file, right click on it and look at properties. If it is a Microsoft file you can feel slightly reassured! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp ...

Public folder calendar
Does anyone know of a way for individuals calendars in Outlook to automatically populate a central public folder calendar? ...

Public Folder
All - We have several extensive public folders setup as a contact folder. I have tried but cannot figure out how to add the contacts, not the folder itself, in the public folders as an address list at the server level. It can be a pain to go around to all the clients and add the public folders in their address book. Thanks, Brian ...