How to assign a username to multiple exchange profiles

Hi,

I have a Windows XP PC with Outlook 03. (Although I also have this same
problem on another PC with Outlook 07).

I have two different emails on two separate exchange hosts.

I have created two Mail Profiles and attached one email to each.

When I open Outlook, I am prompted to select which Profile to use, and then
I am prompted for a username and password.

The username is already filled in, i.e. guessed by Windows/ Outlook. The
password ALWAYS needs to be typed in.

The problem is that Outlook/ Windows always guesses the username as the last
one used. This means, if I close down profile 1, and then open Oulook with
profile 2, the guessed username will be incorrect (as it will relate to
Profile 1).

Is there anyway to have the username automatically filled in CORRECTLY, each
time I open Outlook with a selected Profile.

Thank you for any advice. I can add more detail if necessary.

p.s. It used to work fine when one of the profiles was a POP3 and the other
was an Exchange.

Re: Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool ExBPAv2.5
....and it would be helpful if I noted - I have not seen a problem with the application on XP SP2. Bob -- Bob Christian II MVP - LCS http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > You may want to check your post in exchange.tools. Paul responded in > there. > > -- > Bob Christian II > MVP - LCS > http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog > > > > "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0886D939-6E16-406D-95F6-B6F4A...

I keep getting multiple copies of pop3 email
everytime I check my mail I get multiple copies of my email. It doesn't do it to all email but just to some how can I tuen this off? -- Tom McCutcheon tom@netins.net Tom <tom@netins.net> wrote: > everytime I check my mail I get multiple copies of my email. It > doesn't do it to all email but just to some how can I tuen this off? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2003 -- Tom McCutcheon tom@netins.net "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Tom <tom@netins.net> wrote: > > > everytime I check my mail I get multiple copies of my email....

Multiple Colors and/or Patterns in the Same Line
When I am building a line chart to display accounting data, the data often consists of historical and projected numbers. Say I had historical data for January-December 2008 and projected data for January - December 2009 and wanted to show all 24 months on the same line in a chart with the 2008 part of the line in green and the 2009 part blue, how would I do that? Thanks in advance Bill Hi, One way is to set up the data like this A B C Date Amt Amt 1/1/2009 87 2/1/2009 91 3/1/2009 29 4/1/2009 71 5/1/2009 49 6/1/2009 27 7/1/2009 76 8/1/2009 97 9/1/2009...

Printing Labels
I can successfully merge Excel and Word (using *.csv as data source) [Excel2007; Word2007]. I selected Avery lavel 5163. Addresses are good. Unfortunately, when I print, only one label prints on a page, not the 10 that supposed to print per page. I see one (1) <<address block>> on the document layout plus nine (9) <<next record>>. I tried manually plus using the wizard, but no luck. I've done this before, but with Word2003, 4 years ago. I'm perplexed. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. If you don't get an answer in this Excel newsg...

Exchange Server Question
We are thinking of changing our Novell Groupwise 5.5 Sp4 e-mail system to Exchange 2003, and Outlook Client that comes with Office 2000 Most pf my workstations are windows 2000 with SP1 only (due to our current ERP system) (We also have Windows 2000 Active Directory with all domain controllers SP4 patched) 1) Can any one tell me if there is any big issue implementing Exchange Server 2003 with this environment, 2) How solid Exchange server is now (crashes, errors, reliability)? Thank you for your input MC Exchange 2K3 is very stable and you should have no problem implementing it into your...

Backing up mailboxes Win2K Exchange
Hi, We are using win2K Exchange server as our mail server . I want to take backup of all users mailboxes and keep it separately so that if some thing goes wrong with exchange server i can restore mailboxes from backup . As far as my knowledge there are to ways for mailbox backing up . 1. backing up Mailbox store from start -> Programs -> System tools -> Backup wizard 2. Copying Priv.edb,Pub.edb,Priv.stm,Pub.stm after dismounting them . a) Is there any difference between these 2 types ? b) Which is the better choice ? c) How can i res...

Multiple Artists
How do I get one song to be listed under three artists in MWP11? Thanks! Enter all three in the Contributing Artist and seperate them by a ; http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/Artist.htm -- http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com "jimmyleadfoot" wrote: > How do I get one song to be listed under three artists in MWP11? > > Thanks! > . > ...

assign a shortcut key in access
I want to assign a shortcut key in a form like when a user presses CTRL+S a code should run like Go To Control combo1 and me.combo1.dropdwon any way to do this? You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here's a very good explanation of how to do that! http://www22.brinkster.com/accessory/macros/002.shtml -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200707/1 missinglinq via AccessMonster.com wrote: > You need to yous the AutoKeys macro. Here&...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

Reply address always defaults to exchange address
I run outlook 2003 on XP SP2. I have an exchange account (exchange server 5.5 on SBS) and 2 pop accounts. When I reply to an e-mail, even if it is from either of the POP accounts, the reply address defaults to the exchange account. Outlook should use the reply address of the account the e-mail was sent to but does not.I can change the account manually for every reply e-mail but would like Outlook to set reply address to the same account that the original e-mail was sent to. Thanks, in advance, Robert In news:atKdnalcZ86ZcCPeRVny1Q@pipex.net, News <mhcf17@dsl.pipex.com> typed...

Exchange Logs #5
Hi, I need to see why an incoming e-mail was rejected. Is there a log that I can look at in Exchange showing all the incoming and outgoing transactions? Thank you Get the NDR from the sender. Check SMTP logs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C44CDA9E-FCC6-468A-A3EC-CAA4F33AF8C9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to see why an incoming e-mail was rejected. Is there a log that I > can > look at in Exchange...

SQL DB into Exchange 2007
Hi, How would I go about linking to a customer database so people can use the email addresses stored there? Can I link to it in Exchange 2007 and provide it to Outlook users like a Global address list? The addreses are in a Progress database, but data could be provided via a linked SQL server. SW On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:48:36 -0000, "Steve Gr" <MSDNNospam235@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >How would I go about linking to a customer database so people can use the >email addresses stored there? Can I link to it in Exchange 2007 and provide ...

Outlook 2010 and multiple mailboxes
I'm using Outlook on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop. It was originally set up with a single email account accessing my mail using POP3. I then added a second email account accessing a different external domain with emails forwarded to a separate mailbox at my ISP. Things worked well except replies to some emails received into the second account were marked as 'From' the first. These seem to be replies to addresses that had originally had emails from and to correspondents in the first account. Now I have added a third account which accesses emails forwarded to a thi...

OWA exchange 2003
I need to disable junk email setting in OWA exchange 2003 without single user operation. Anyone know if is possible and how ? Thanks Marco ...

No "Assign Macro"
In the Excel help files it indicates that you can execute a pre-recorded macro from a command button. It states to first record the macro, then create the button, then right click on the button to get the shortcut menu and choose Assign Macro. I have tried this in both Excel 97 and Excel 2002 and in both cases I do not have any such item as "Assign Macro". Am I missing something If not by this elusive shortcut menu item, how can I assign the pre recorded macro through code? Aaron, It may be that your working with a command button from the "Control Toolbox" instead of...

Exchange 2003
We have A LOT of users who drop files into folders in Outlook - basically, using our Exchange server as a fileserver. Can this be restricted at the server level? Thanks, Mark I don't think there is a method to stop messages from being dropped in. I'm assuming users copying files into their own outlook folders? The only thing to discourage is mailbox limits. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 20, 9:27 am, justmark <justm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have A LOT of users who drop files into folders in Outlook...

Serial Numbers auto assigned
S/N are being auto assigned when the SOP Setup Options DO NOT have "auto-assign serial numbers" marked. We do NOT want to use a separate fulfillment process. Up until a few months ago, everything was fine. Now, when a PO item, assigned to a sales line item comes in, the s/n is autoassigned. How can I get this to go back the way it was? Below is the way we have had our SOP set up for eight years - why has it changed? Set-up>SOP>ORDER Allocate by: Doc/Batch X Transfer Order to BO / Transfer Order to Invoice Options: X Allow repeating documents _ Use Separate Fulfil...

cant send mail to local Exchange server
Repost, sorry missed replys last time I have SBS win 2000 as my DC running exchange I also have a win 2003 internal server running IIS for my web apps some of my asp pages need to send email What I have done is used the STMP server on the win 2003 to send the email this works fine for remote email addresses but I can not send mail to the local domains. My mail is working for all external domains, but the domains handled by the by exchange on my DC do not receive the mail. Any ideas? Hi Slim, Thank you for posting here. Please confirm the results of the suggestions I have mentione...

No Assigned Licenses
We have a total of 5 licenses. However only three users can access the CRM applications. If any other user tries to access the application we get an error message stating No Assigned Licenses Any suggestions? Thanks. Matthew You have to actually go assign the users licenses with the CRM, Log in to CRM as administrator, Click Settings from the Left menu, Click Business Unit Settings, Click users, Click the user you want to assign a license to, then from the popup click license from the left menu, Click Manage Licenses and add a license to that user. Just to warn you do not remove the l...

unable to remove exchange 2003
I'm tried to uninstall exchange 2003 server, but i recieved the message indicates that you must disable or uninstall the mailboxes firest. i' only have 2 mailboxes in the storage group, one for SMTP and the other for system attendant and both can't be deleted, and i unable to uninstall the exchange. i need the solution for uninstall exchange. thanks Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555147 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "RG" <RG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2003 on VISTA with Exchange 5.5
Hi all! I have a new laptop running Vista Home Premium, and Office 2003. It's in an office situation with a 5.5 Exchange Server. Now I know Outlook 2007 isn't compatible with 5.5, but I've never had issues with Outlook 2003. When I try to get it to connect, the "Check Names" button gets me a username/password prompt, and no matter what I enter there, it won't take it, and I can get no further. I've tried using DOMAIN\user - no difference. Additional info (if it helps): It's still an NT4 Domain. The Vista machine can't join the domain (Home premium...

Multiple Excel Files
I'm looking for a means (probably macro) to condense information from several spreadsheets onto one. My company has timecards for each employee in excel files - one for each employee. I need to produce a report for each week, with each person and charge number. The spreadsheet has a sheet for each week. Is there any easy way to do this? Macro to copy multiple worksheets into single work sheet. Insert a worksheet named MASTER (Name must be in uppercase & must be last worksheet of the workbook) Press Alt-F11 Paste following Code there Public Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet)...

Moving Exchange database to SAN
We have an organisation with an Exchange 2003 Server. We want to move the Exchange database, which is currently on a normal server, to a SAN. What can we encounter for issues or what are the things we need to look out for? Greetings, Hans Having the database on the SAN is not much of an issue. It can be great from a backup and recovery point of view depending on how the SAN is configured. "Fots" <postmaster@fots.nl> wrote in message news:OmEPoxLZEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have an organisation with an Exchange 2003 Server. We want to move the > Exchange d...

exchange 5.5 Distribution List size
When trying to add a new contact to a distribution list (exchange 5.5), one of our users is getting the error message "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network email server". There is already about 200 contacts in this distribution list. I've been unable to find out how to cure this. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks. Dan... you're speaking about a personal distribution list...there is a limit...I read somewhere that it was 165 members of a personal dl...nothing to do about this except to "nest" smaller dls into another one... &q...

Assigned task
Hi, we are receiving emails from our bosses with attachment of our schedule task which we manually enter into our outlook task folder, is there a way or how can we automatically accept assigned task to integrate to our task folder. We are using outlook2000 under windows98 the outlook 2000 version is part of the office 2000 package install on out PC's. TIA Is your boss sending the tasks to you using Outlook Rich Text Format? If not, have him start. Also, how is he assigning tasks? Using the Assign Task feature or forwarding the task to you? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...