Getting rid of a BAD Exchange email account

OK! I messed up installing Outlook 2007 on my new laptop and put in Exchange,
when I should have said IMAP; now, how do I delete the Exchange account?

Outlook says I have to wait until it finishes copying my settings over to
the new account; however, it cannot login into a non-existent Exchange
Account.

Un-Install does *NOT* delete any of the account data (Somewhat like a virus,
that makes changes that cannot be undone) and I've tried deleting all of the
directories undir the %appdata% paths.

Any suggestions?

--
\\ Mike

Use the mail applet in the control panel to delete any existing e-mail
profiles and/or define a new one.

"MikeHSR" <MikeHSR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK! I messed up installing Outlook 2007 on my new laptop and put in
> Exchange,
> when I should have said IMAP; now, how do I delete the Exchange account?
>
> Outlook says I have to wait until it finishes copying my settings over to
> the new account; however, it cannot login into a non-existent Exchange
> Account.
>
> Un-Install does *NOT* delete any of the account data (Somewhat like a
> virus,
> that makes changes that cannot be undone) and I've tried deleting all of
> the
> directories undir the %appdata% paths.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> \\ Mike

0
neo

Exchange 2000 Holding emails
We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 both are service packed etc. also on the 2000 server is Computer Associates etrust version 7 and GFI mail security & essentials. Our email is relayed to us from our ISP Last week one or two users reported that customers had sent emails but did not arrive?. checked the queue's, all okay, sent test messages to our ISP, test messages bounced back okay. looked at the system logs, nothing untoward .. kept an eye on the server all week and everything looked okay ... emails coming in and going out. Or so I thought. Monday morning, came in and f...

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

CRM 4 bulk email
I am trying to send bulk email from the quick campaigns, everything looks good - but when I go to System settings it gives me a 'send pending' message, as if I need to 'do' something else. I've checked the box to auto send on completion. Anyone else having this problem? -- Jen This is ok for a short time. emails are not send directly - this is a task of the asynchronous service of crm. and: sometimes the email-router is a bit ... slow. there is a patch around to speed it up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952019/en-us ...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

Remove encryption from received emails
Hello, how can i permanently remove the S/MIME encryption/siganture from an encrypted/signed email? I only want the mail encrypted during mail delivery, once recieved i want to decrypt it an store the mail afterwards unencrypted. (Outlook 2003) Regards, Hans Is this actually possible? Do I need any other tools/AddIns? Does nobody use the encryption/signature this way? Regards, Hans I also have been looking for a solution to that problem. The only way to achieve this is - as far as i know - only deep c++ programming of the builtin cryptography-module or some 3rd party software (i know ...

Exchange Domain Routing
Any pointer to the following question much appreciated. We have aquired a new company and require them to adopt our SMTP domain name once everything is signed. We run Exchange 2003 and they run Exchange 2000 i.e someone@company1.com and someoneelse@company2.com Therefore during the coexistence phase they will need to generate primary smtp addresses for our domain name, and then ensure that our domain delivers mail correctly to them... is it possible to have shared smtp domain name across two different Exchange Orgs and mail delivery...? we will be migrating them into our domain eventually. ...

Email accounts not recognized in Send/Receive
running outlook 2002 under winxp prof on new IBM Thinkpad T40. last night when i hit send/receive nothing happened. it had been working. now when i if i write an email and clicks accounts to select the email account to send from, a fatal error notice appears. so it appears that somehow the pop email section of outlook 2002 is just not funstioning. any help apprciated. tried the knowledge base and the repair functions - nothing sems to address this issue. opa Have you run "Detect and Repair"? "opa" <mace@marriagealive.com> wrote in message news:07a601c357e2$2d...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

A Crystal Beginner

Retrieve deleted emails in Outlook 2000
Hi-I added another user to Outlook 2000 & made a seperate email account as well as set up password & user profile on WIN ME. All the emails copied from the old user to the added new user. I went into the new users email account & deleted all the email from the other user & emptied deleted items. When I went back to the first users email- they had been deleted also. Why did this happen? Anyway I can retrieve them-they are not in trash or recycle bin. The email seems to be working fine for both accounts though. I appreciate any help-thanks! ...

Exchange restores from backup tapes
Is there a way to restore an Exchange backup from one server into another temporary Exchange server without knowing the server or domain name from the backup or having to recreate the configuration as it existed on the backup? Any help would be appreciated. This tool may help http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchangeserver/index.htm <stricky@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:tvvf21ltvm1l97g1mlctgmg27fq81vvo2n@4ax.com... > Is there a way to restore an Exchange backup from one server into > another temporary Exchange server without knowing the server or domain > name from t...

Bad Message
When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents and settings\my name\applicanvdata\microsoft\addins\C:\program files\micro~2\office\addins\outbak.dll How do I remove it???????? Its a problem with the MS OL backup addin. You can uninstall the addin at Control Panel/Add Remove Programs ( MS Outlook Backup) Also check OL, Comm Addins and uncheck OL Backup Addin "Marv May" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087501c53145$6ce63da0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook I get a error message of C:\documents > and settings\my > na...

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Bad Sectors
What does it usually mean when I run a disk scan for bad sectors on c drive and the result is "Windows was unable to complete the disk scan" The symptom is a blue screen saying that there is most likely a bad piece of hardware. Gary From: "Gary" <nospam@ntr.net> | What does it usually mean when I run a disk scan for bad sectors on c | drive and the result is "Windows was unable to complete the disk scan" | The symptom is a blue screen saying that there is most likely a bad | piece of hardware. | Gary It means replace the hard di...

Public folder exchange 2003
I have a client who wants to keep all his client emails in the public folders for every one to access and see. He copies these and files them according to company name as sub folders in a public folder. He also has a folder for contacts in the public folder. Two problems 1) the subfolders do not appear in the backup (using veritas exec) only the root, the contacts also does not appear 2) He wants to search all activities in the public folders for these contacts but he can only tick one folder at a time and the root folder the tick box for search subfolders is greyed out. Graham Love N...

IMF Appending to the Subject of email message
It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed as spam. My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent internally are being appended. Does IMF actually have this option or maybe is it something else causing this action? I really need to know how to disable if its IMF. Thanks IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders depending on your threshold settings. C...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted