Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003 - GAL

I've setup my Exchange 2010 server with my email address policies. Of course
there are some acceptions to the rules. I've made changes to those accounts
in the EMC under Recipient Configuration | Mailbox. I edit the account under
the "E-Mail Addresses" tab by adding the diffrent email address, unchecking
the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy",
then click the "Set as Reply" button.

If I fire up Outlook 2010, start to compose an email and select that person
from the GAL, it will have the correct email address (the address that
dosen't follow the email address policy).

If I fire up Outlook 2003 and try to select that same use from the GAL it
still has the address that follows the email address policy.

I won't be able to convience managment that we need to upgrade all of our
clients to a later version of Outlook.

This makes no sense to me. How can I update the address so it will appear to
be correct for Outlook 2003?

outlook 2000 error
Yesterday I used my my outlook Today, everytime I try to open it, it gives me an error message and says it has to close. I have rebooted, turned off and on, several times...tried to access outlook through "search and explore" ... same message when I look into the error details it tells me that I need to upgrade Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Outlook will not open 04-26-10
-- Hi, Can anyone help. Outlook has been running normally on my desktop and netbook, however today when it starts to open I get an error message stating "Cannot open the Outlook window". Both the desktop and netbook are affected Thanks Marc "Marc W" <MarcW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE12A71-D58E-4A04-B057-ACF6B9F09A38@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help. Outlook has been running normally on my desktop and > netbook, however today when it starts to open I get an error message stating > "Cannot open the Outlo...

Outlook rules #32
I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but is of secondary importance to other things. How do I correct this? LV You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here: version and platform of Outlook what errors do you get? Thanks. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia www.acorntraining.com.au When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlo...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Close appointment from Outlook
Hello, is it possible to close activity (appointment) directly from Outllook Calandar. Without entering into CRM system. B.I. ...

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

Exchange to Exchange
Is there a way to configure Exchange to receive mail from another Exchange in 2 different domains? We just seperated 2 companies that use to share a Exchange. The main reason for the pull down from the old Exch. box is that our MX record is still pointing there. While we have accounts in our new domain for our users (15 users) the mail will still go to the old domain. We would like for our user to start using the new domain but they would lose they're email access. Can the Exchange to Exchange work or is it even possible? If there's another way, please advise. -Darrien ...

Briefcase issues with outlook 2002
I have a user that runs XP Pro SP1 and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any time this person attempts to save an attachment to the briefcase, Outlook generates an error report to send to Microsoft. Outlook never saves the attachment to the briefcase. Is there a patch to fix this issue? Ken Save it to the file system and then move it to the briefcase. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Moving Exchange 5.5 to new Exchange 5.5 Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C44E2A.1247E0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On my current 5.5 server, I am running Windows 2000 SP2, with Exchange = 5.5 SP4. On the new server, I would like to use Windows 2000 SP4 and = Exchange 5.5 SP4 obviously. My question is this: Will the differences = in Windows Service Packs, affect anything with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I am = planning on implementing the New 5.5 server into the same Site and Org, = and using the Move Mailbox feature, to mo...

mail
Outlook is deleting mail from the server when I download mail on home computer. Work computer (also with Outlook 2000) does not delete from server until I send mail to the deleted folder. Work is XP Pro - Home is XPHome. This is annoying necause if I download mail at home, it will be lost at work. What can I do?? Walt Have you set your home machine the same way? If it's an Internet Mail account check here: Tools menu > Accounts "Walt Sargi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3cdd01c3e3c6$c12e90b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook is dele...

Reading e mail Outlook 2003
I have three different e mail addresses registered in Outlook 2003. The mail is downloading OK but I cannot figure out how to actually read it - how to switch from one inbox to the other. Any help out there? On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:43:03 -0800, "Breandan" <Breandan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three different e mail addresses registered in Outlook 2003. The mail >is downloading OK but I cannot figure out how to actually read it - how to >switch from one inbox to the other. Any help out there? What type of accounts? -- <<<SgtRich>>>...

Exchange 5.5 disasster !
Hi, The Information Store service in Microsoft Exchange Server may not start and the Server Specific Error 4294966746 occurs. Events 1120 and 5000 are recorded in the Event Log with MSExchangeIS as the source. We have also use Tools like - eseutil /mh ...priv.edb - eseutil /p and /r ispriv the Tool recover the Database in consistent state but we can't start IS ? - isinteg -patch ...... - Restore online Backup/offline Backup ever time the get the same error. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 185577 do also not resolve the Problem. PS: With 3rd Party Tool like Ontrack we can open pr...

Exchange 5.5 Std over the 16 GB limit on IS
I have an exchange (std) 5.5 sp4 machine the is over the 16 GB limit on the priv.edb. I've done an offline defrag but that failed to reduce the .edb file. I tried an offline defrag using a different temp folder and replacing the edb file but again, no freed up space. Earlier today I had been able to start the IS, get into an outlook client & move e-mails to a local .pst file but now the IS starts & stops right away. (I've also turned off smtp to prevent mail delivery & NAV from accessing the client). When I was able to move files to a .pst file I went into Excah...

Reconnecting to exchange server
I have users that are connected via VPN tunnel, running Outlook 2003 in cached mode, multiple times during the day a window will appear stating that it is reconnecting to the exchange server. The option is set to download headers when a slow connection has been detected. It does not state that it has been detected only that it is trying to reconnect. I am wanting to make sure that the clients are connected and if are disconnected that is shows they are disconnected. Also, how to get rid of the popup window? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Disable Visio 2003 Pro Custom Toolbar
With Vision 2003 Pro SP1 (and original version), how can I disable the PDF maker toolbar from Acrobat 6 Pro? I rarely use it, it always comes up, and it's always in some weird place that messes up all the other toolbars. I don't see a Startup directory, etc., like the MS Office suite uses. ------=_NextPart_0001_0F769391 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, To resolve the issue, delete "pdfmvisio.vsl", it is an Adobe Acrobat add-on for Visio to display Acrobat toolbar and menu items. Steps: 1. Search for "pdfmvisio.vsl" 2. Rename or m...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Installation error on SBS 2003 R2 with SQL 2005
I tried to install CRM 3 (the one that I downloaded microsoft web site) and I received an error "The full-text component is not installed on the specified SQL Server" I removed SQL completely and reinstalled, and made sure that the FullText Search for the particular instance is installed and running. Any ideas? Thanks Hi I have very recently installed on R2 with sql 2005 and it worked, as far as I can tell. One of the issues that I have expereinced on sql 2000 is that if you install sql with the standard options it does not included the sql full text indexing capability....

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #2
Hello, We are experiencing difficulties with Cached mode in Outlook 2003. When I add a new user to Active Directory the email address assigned to that user does not appear in our global address list. Some users use cache mode and they cannot see the changes until approx the next day. The ones who dont use it see the changes right away. Is there a way to refresh the cache so that the users who are utilizing this feature are up to date ASAP. Any help would be appreciated. You can manually download the offline address book by Tools-> Send/Receive -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

outlook #154
I have just installed outlook small business edition 2003, and the instruction to automatically log items in the journal is not working. Has anyone any ideas please. I have followed all the instructions that i can find. Also the links between my emails and contacts dont seem to work. thanks Liz Hall ...

How to set Excel 2010 as default for open excel files instead of 2
I recently installed Office 2010 Beta. When i click on an excel file it automatically opens in Excel 2007. How do i make Excel 2010 default when i open an excel file? Try re-registering xl2010 --Close excel (all versions) --From Run (Windows Start Button) type your path to excel2010 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14\excel.exe" /regserver and Hit Enter -- Jacob "Steven" wrote: > I recently installed Office 2010 Beta. When i click on an excel file it > automatically opens in Excel 2007. How do i make Excel 2010 default when ...

import external entities to Exchange 5.5
Is there a tool or script to allow me to import external entities into Exchagne 5.5? On an Exchange 2000 system I can use csvde to import contact objects. I am looking for some similar method to import to Exchange 5.5. I want to import a list of 700 names and email addresses that are foreign to the Exchange 5.5 system. I want to be able to hide them all from the GAL initially. I would also like to be able to use these external contacts as forwarders for certain internal users. Thanks, Josh ...

Corrupted Attachments in Outlook 2002/OE6.1
I'm experiencing the same problem on two computers on the same network where they are unable to open most attachments. Both are new, and one is running Win2KSP4 and the other is running WinXP Pro. They have the lastest patches for Windows, Office, and IE, none of which have helped. I've even reinstalled IE 6.1, reapplied all service packs, and deleted the message store in OE, none of which helped. I can download the attachment, but when I try to open it, I am told that the file is corrupted beyone repair. The security settings are correct, in that they are allowed to download atta...

Sync'ing Tasks on Outlook 2003
My daughter has Outlook 2003 set up on one PC. She has it on a laptop as well. However, she wants to have it so she has all emails, contacts, calendar and tasks on both PCs. As it's a home network and neither techincal experience nor the money are available to run a corporate MS network. we need to work out the best way to do this. I've made a start long these lines on my own home network. I use Google Calendar Outlook Sync to sync both ways between PC1 and Google Calendar. PC 2 uses it too. But it's a one way sync from Google to PC. As for emails, we could configure Outlook to...

Outlook Timing out with Dial Up Connection After Installing Critical Updates!!!!
Ever since I installed the critical upgrades this week, my Outlook 2002 (Office XP) Windows XP Home, refuses, or at least refuses to show that a message over a few KB has been sent and dumps it into the outbox where it sits. The error message 0x800ccc19 has shown up saying it times out and to contact my ISP which I did and we repeatedly reinstalled the email account to no avail. This NEVER happened UNTIL I installed the critical upgrades this week. Does anyone have a work around, patch, information, etc., before I have to find another program to handle my mail? Thanks Elliot I'...