Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003 - GAL

I've setup my Exchange 2010 server with my email address policies. Of course
there are some acceptions to the rules. I've made changes to those accounts
in the EMC under Recipient Configuration | Mailbox. I edit the account under
the "E-Mail Addresses" tab by adding the diffrent email address, unchecking
the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy",
then click the "Set as Reply" button.

If I fire up Outlook 2010, start to compose an email and select that person
from the GAL, it will have the correct email address (the address that
dosen't follow the email address policy).

If I fire up Outlook 2003 and try to select that same use from the GAL it
still has the address that follows the email address policy.

I won't be able to convience managment that we need to upgrade all of our
clients to a later version of Outlook.

This makes no sense to me. How can I update the address so it will appear to
be correct for Outlook 2003?

Exchange Cluster

Exchange

outlook express 6 (no pics in outgoing mail)
I have outlook express 6. I used to have no problem sending pictures in email. Recently, they simply won't go. I have checked all the settings, at least the ones I know of, to no avail. I've gone to the HTML setting and set it to "send pictures". I still, however, get only a box with the picture name on all outgoing mail. Incoming has all pictures as they should be and I can send .jpg's as attachments. Nothing included in the body of the mail works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! "bill a" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

Minimize closes Outlook
For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003 closes when she clicks on the minimize button. Does anyone know how to change this so that the minimize button just minimizes? jc <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason that I can't find, one of my client's Outlook 2003 > closes when she clicks on the minimize button. It doesn't close. It minimizes to the system tray. If you really need to see the Outlook process in the task bar, click on the Outlook icon in the system tray and uncheck "Hide when Minimized". -...

Cannot open reports from outlook client
Hey, I have 2 clients with the same problem in that they cannot open reports from the outlook client, but they can access the reports successfully if they run the reports from the server, or if they access the reports web site directly, eg http://server/reports I have checked all registry entries and config files to make sure they specify the server name and not localhost or a dns entry, but still no go. Both clients are running SBS 2003 with outlook 2003 sp2. Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks, Topher Maybe this will help. Anne Error message when you try to start Microsoft Outlook a...

Exchange / POP3

Backing Up emails and contacts in outlook 2002
I have had to reformat my computer and have lost all contacts and emails. It is extremely important that this information is retained for my business. How can I back the entire file so that this doesn't happen again. Signed, sincerely upset. Search for .pst files at your hard disk (it may be hidden or in a hidden directory) and save the file. You can at any time open it in Outlook using file/open. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.de "Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5efd01c42dcd$75212ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have...

virus attacks against Exchange

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Exchange 2003 #5

Automatic Outlook and Outlook express Configuration
Hello, I am looking for a script or an exe file that will ask the users their username, domain, and the email program they are using, delete the old configuration and configure their outlook/outlook express accounts automatically. The scripts I found do not change the incoming and outgoing mail ports (since we use gmail I need to change them). Do you know of any script, .exe file that I can send the users to configure their own accounts? Thank you in advance. Ozgur Ozdemircili ...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

recover mails from .bak file in ms outlook
Dear All I had some problem with MS Outlook (2003). I found that there was a problem with .PST file I tried to repair it with SCANPST.EXE. It repaired my OUTLOOK.PST file but many mails are missing. I had taken bakup of .PST file into .BAK file. Please guide me how can in recover my mails from .BAK file Thanks Vimal -- vimalrupera If you have a backup copy of your pst and you recover it, then you may well find the problem is also recovered. What format is your pst file? - If your pst is open in Outlook, select properties of the personal folders, Advanced, what is sh...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Outlook Rules #6
I have a problem with my rules. All of them appear to be corrupt. The conditions used to create them are greyed out in the Rules Wizard. When I try to fix them or even to add new rules I get an error message that says: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Even when I delete all rules, they come back the next time Outlook is started. Is there a way to delete everything and start over? I have all of the latest patches and the Repair Outlook function has been run many times. Thanks to anyone who can help. ...

Outlook with Infopath question
I recieved an infopath form via email (as we want to use this option) and am unable to open it correctly. My computer is running Vista Enterpise SP2 with office 2007 enterprise SP2. Infopath is installed and email forms are enabled in outlook advanced properties. It may be worth mentioning Microsoft XML editor 2007 is also installed on this computer in case that matters. The error message is as follows: Microsoft Office InfoPath is set to be the e-mail editor. However, InfoPath is unavailable, not installed, or a different version from Outlook. InfoPath editor will be turned off, a...

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...