Changing the default sort order of Inbox

I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook.  For
example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list
(Received column) when the progam first starts.  Just pressing the column
header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then
closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and
the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list.  I would like
the reverse of this.  Any ideas?

"alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook.  For
> example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list
> (Received column) when the progam first starts.  Just pressing the column
> header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list,
> then
> closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and
> the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list.  I would
> like
> the reverse of this.  Any ideas?

This is an indication that Outlook may not be closing properly.  After you
close Outlook, examine the Processes tab of the Task Manager and see of
OUTLOOK.EXE still appears.  If so, see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

Open Purchase Order Inquiry
I am building a SQL statement that looks at PO's that have inventory items with a GL account that is different than the GL account on the Inventory Item or Inventory Class. I found 421 items... yikes! But I am trying to figure out a way to narrow this list and only show me open po's... does anyone know what I need to add to my statement in order to get this? SQL STMT: SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.POP10110.PONUMBER, dbo.POP10110.ITEMNMBR AS PO_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.IV00101.ITEMNMBR AS INV_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.POP10110.INVINDX, dbo.IV00101.IVIVINDX FROM ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

Outlook 2003 and HTTP (Hotmail) Inbox
Hi all, I've searched and searched and searched (to no avail) for a solution to a problem that's just been irritating to no end. I think it's simple, but who knows... I have 2 email accounts with Outlook 2003, one POP, and one HTTP (Hotmail). My issue is that when I look in my inbox for the Hotmail account, Outlook doesn't mark my messages (as it does in the POP account) showing which messages I've responded to. That's it, but it's EXTREMELY annoying to look in my inbox and not know if I've responded to someone or not (without having to wade through my sent ...

How to change icon for my application

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 Sorting Issues
I have a very important user that is having issues sorting in Outlook. Here are the notes that I have: 1. If you sort by "from", it will sort from A - Z, but in the middle of "C", you will see a name that starts with "J". If you expand that user that starts with "J", then you see a ton of emails that aren't even from that user. And when you open up an email that is from that user, thier name isn't specified in the from, to, or bcc fields. 2. He has an mailbox that is almost 7GB in size. His inbox has 75,297 emails, almost 18,000 of those a...

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2