would i be able to just install outlook?

would i be able to just install outlook or do i have to download office just
to get it?

bensup85 wrote:

> would i be able to just install outlook or do i have to download office just
> to get it?

Outlook is available as a stand-alone product.  However, if you later
install Office, some integration features in Outlook will not be available.
0
VanguardLH

Outlook 2003 won't quit
When I exit Outlook 2003, the window closes, but the process doesn't quit, which causes outlook to hang when it tries to start the next time. What would cause the Outlook process to not terminate... I have to "terminate process" in Task Manager. There are no other MAPI programs running. Thanks, Martin ActiveSync, WinFax, Antivirus, Instant Messenger, .etc applications that sync, use, or protect Outlook data can cause this. Find that third party app and you will find the cause. 1) For ActiveSync, I have found that turning off the device in the cradle so ActiveSync close...

Installation of Rollup2 on a client
When I will install Rollup on a client. How do I know if I should use the DMClient.xe file or just the Client.exe file? Ok. The DM stands for Data Migration... "Martin" wrote: > When I will install Rollup on a client. How do I know if I should use the > DMClient.xe file or just the Client.exe file? Hi Martin, You need to use the 'Client.exe'. The DMClient file is for the data migration manager program not the CRM outlook client. NOTE: you only need to install the Rollup2 Client.exe on the 'laptop' clients (i.e. those machines that have offline access)....

Outlook error since Office XP SP3 update...
Ever since updating to the latest Office XP SP3 which included the latest Outlook SP2 update I receive a dialog box with the error below; but only when trying to reply or send a new message. I already checked my PC and ran full scans and their is no virus. It just started right after I ran this latest update. I checked the knowledge space and cannot find anything regarding this error. Has any else experienced this yet??? A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should cho...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Help, please,... Outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000 (IMO), something happened, and it told me to run the Inbox Repair Tool. I did, and it failed. At the end of step 4 (of 8 steps), it said "An error has occured which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file." What to do, now? Help, please. Thanks. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mark246@email.com asked: | ...

Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2003 Displays FTP-like Directory Structure / Folder Listing -- after PHP install
I'm sure this has been asked over and over, but I've scoured the net and discussion/message boards and have yet to find a clear clean cut answer. After installing PHP5 on Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition (with Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 installed), Microsoft Outlook Web Access would start displaying only a folder structure after signing in (like an FTP site). Unfortunately, I did not know that installing PHP would do something like this (as I found out only after this issue started occuring -- http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=6763). Here are the steps I have...

Incoming Mail Alert when Outlook not running
Is it possible to be alerted to incoming mail even when Outlook 2003 isn't running? My wife tends to forget to open it when she starts her computer and then complains that she isn't alerted to incoming mail (like she was with Incredimail!) ... but apart from putting Outlook in the startup group, is there an easier way? Thanks Colin If you're getting your mail from a POP3 mailbox there are loads of free POP3 mailbox checkers that you can use. Check your favorite freeware/shareware site "Colin Jack" <colin@mainline.co.uk> wrote in message news:OK3c9N58FH...

Installing on startup
Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. Thanks for your help. >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer >box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it >and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. >Thanks for your help. >. >I have 2004 Standard and have the same problem so if you get the answe please forward to me. Thanks EdC ...

How do I send email mail merge from Outlook?
Hi, I'm evaluating CRM at the moment. I'd like to send email mail merges to single or multple contacts using templates that contain html images and custom CRM fields. I'd also like the email to be linked to the contact record. Could anyone tell me how to do this from within the Outlook client please. (I don't seem to have the settings tab available within Outlook). ...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit #3
Outlook 2003 installed on a fresh winXP pro desktop hangs on exit. The tray icon remains after closing outlook and process continues to run in task manager. I've seen the same issue posted all over the net and no resolution can be found. Any help is greatly appreicated. for this reason, upgrade to office 2003 has been postponed corporate wide. I had this problem also. I had to close outlook, remove my default mail settings through the mail settings in the control panel, open outlook, create a new profile, and import from my original .pst file. This has been working so far. My in...

Installing office second time due to crash on old pc
My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office ultimate due to the first activation on old pc. Can someone help me on this. "medeiom" <medeiom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CD303CC-F2AC-4E1B-A2E9-6DED3A123003@microsoft.com... > My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office > ultimate > due to the first activation on old pc. > > Can someone help me on this. You don't make sense. What do you mean by "unable" to install? If your old laptop crashed and you are trying...

Outlook HTML msgs arrive Unformatted w/attachments in OE
My OE works fine as far as I can tell. However, when an html email is created in Outlook and mailed to my OE, it comes thru as unformatted text plus many individual attachments. The box re 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' is NOT checked. All other email is being received just fine by OE. It is only Outlook that seems to be the problem- all updates are current. Help please. ...

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

Installation Of Econnect
Hi all, I'm got a problem with the econnect, exactly when the "domain\login", my problem is i don't know the information of these fields, in the eConnect installation manual says: "On the eConnect Services/COM+ Package Login Information page, enter the user login and password for the user that will have acces to the SQL Server database where the eConnect Business Objects will be installed." but...........I type that information and.... don't work, somebody can help me?. that information is a windows account?, or a sql account?, that account should be i...

Outlook Express Blank Error Message
Trying to send an email through Outlook Express but getting an "error", with no message. I get a flag but no details attached. The email is sent but remains in the Outbox as if it didn't send. So, everytime Send/Receive is clicked, the message gets sent over and over and instead of going to the Sent Folder - it remains in the Outbox with the "blank error"... ANY HELP???? Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to send an email through Outlook Express but > getting an "error", with no message. Ask in an Outlook Express ...

Upgrade from Outlook 2000?
My wife is still using Outlook 2000. This leaves her stuck in XP. If I got Outlook 2007 would it read in the Outlook 2000 pst files? Is there a way to move the pst files into Windows Live Mail? -- Roger Sipson Yes on both. For backup and restore instructions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm When switching from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007, it is recommended that you change the pst-file to Unicode. In order to do this see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/115 If you want to migrate to Windows Live Mail instead, install Windows Live Mail on the XP compute...

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

New install of GP 9.0 and imported GP 7.5 data?
Currently, I'm running GP 7.5 and we are in the planning stages of our upgrade. The question that was asked, is it safe to do a fresh install of GP 9.0 and then import 7.5 data. No. Do a fresh install of v7.5 on a test box, restore data from live, do the upgrade. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hgoodwin" wrote: > Currently, I'm running GP 7.5 and we are in the planning stages of our > upgrade. The question that was asked, is it safe to do a fresh install of GP > 9.0 and then import 7.5 data. > can I ask why? also one more question.. Is GP b...

Outlook stops reponding and uses all CPU
When I open Outlook and begin reading email, as I go from one message to the next, Outlook gets slower and slower, and CPU usage increases more and more, to the point that Outlook is locked up and shows as not responding in Task manager after 8-10 messages are either opened or viewed in the preview window. At that point, Task Manager shows Outlook using 95-98% of the CPU continuously. Watching the CPU usage as I go through the emails, I can see the CPU usage get higher and higher with each message read. It will reach the point where it hits 95-99%, then drop back down to zero, but then on s...

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

OUTLOOK 2007 Out of Office
I am using Outlook 2007, how do I use "out of office" when I am on vacation? I do not have it under TOOLS. Out of office is an Exchange server feature. If you don't use Exchange, you need to use Rules. Since outlook needs to be running and checking mail, its usually best to set it up on your mail server- many offer a vacation reply option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net...

Money 2005, unable to install
I tried to install Money 2005 standard. I allowed it to unnistall Money 2002. After that, I got an error message: Unable to install required components. Try again later. Upon trying again, it displays the same error message again. Any ideas? try to disable your virus software that worked for me. hope this helps >-----Original Message----- >I tried to install Money 2005 standard. I allowed it to >unnistall Money 2002. After that, I got an error message: > >Unable to install required components. Try again later. > >Upon trying again, it displays the same error message ...

How Can I create an Outlook Macro to import calendar?
Hello Everybody I wonder if someone could help me. I would like to create an Outlook Macro to import calendar froma excel file, instead of using the tradicional Import/export wizard. Thanks in Advance If you want to work with Excel, add a reference to it via Tools/References. Use the object browser (f2) to get familar with both models, Outlook and Excel. In order to open a spreadsheet, use the Workbooks.Open function. Select Workbooks in the left pane of the object browser, and the function in the right pane, then press f1 for more help. You can use the Range object to...

Can I install Word 2003 and 2007
Initially I had Word 2003 installed which was compatiable with an authoring tool called AuthorIT. I upgraded to 2007, and since then AIT is not working as it is not compatiable with 2007. Can I have both Word 2003 and 2007? Yes, you can run both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on the same machine. See also http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm, especially the "Hacking the Registry" section. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Javed" <Javed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEB5739C-B9E9-43C4-BA92-25FDF81B2282@microsoft.com... ...

MSN Inbox empty after installing Outlook Connector (Vista 64-bit)
Hi, I have Outlook 2007 on a 64-bit Vista system. I downloaded and installed Outlook Connector (version 12.0.6414.1000) so that I could get my hotmail (BTW, my email id ends with "msn.com", not "hotmail.com"). When I add my msn account in the Outlook Connector dialog and restart Outlook, I get the message "Please wait while we set up your mail box for first use". While waiting I notice in my Outlook folder in Windows Explorer that the new ost file in is increasing in size, so it looks good. After 15 minutes or so the "Please wait" message goes away and...