Window7 cannot runOutlook 03-Mapl32.dll error fixmapiexe fails

New computer with Windows 7 cannot run Outlook 2003.  Error message says
mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version.  This could have been caused by
installing other messging software.  Plese resinstall Outlook.  I did but
this did not solve problem and fixmapi.exe did not either.

Does this new PC have an Office Trial installed, that you failed to
uninstall first, together with the Activation Assistant?

"Outlook 03 on Windows 7 Compatability" <Outlook 03 on Windows 7
Compatability@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New computer with Windows 7 cannot run Outlook 2003.  Error message says
> mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version.  This could have been caused
> by
> installing other messging software.  Plese resinstall Outlook.  I did but
> this did not solve problem and fixmapi.exe did not either.

0
DL
4/25/2010 8:40:33 AM
I have the same problem with a new computer and Office 2003, and the same
error message.
I unfortunately installed Office 2003 before I uninstalled the trial, that
was preinstalled.
Now I have removed Office 2007 and Office 2003, and after having the
computer shot down, reinstalled Office 2003. But the same problem.

On the computer is also installed Windows Live mail, could that bring any
disturbances ?

"Outlook 03 on Windows 7 Compatability" skrev:

> New computer with Windows 7 cannot run Outlook 2003.  Error message says
> mapi32.dll is corrupt or the wrong version.  This could have been caused by
> installing other messging software.  Plese resinstall Outlook.  I did but
> this did not solve problem and fixmapi.exe did not either.

First Day of the month 03-25-10
Does anyone know how to have excel look at a cell that has a date that is formatted as xx/xx/xxxx (E.g. Cell A2 = 01/16/2007) and show the date as 01/01/2007 in B2, another words view as date as first day of the month. In B2: =DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Jen_T" wrote: > Does anyone know how to have excel look at a cell that has a date that is > formatted as xx/xx/xxxx (E.g. Cell A2 = 01/16/2007) and show the date as > 01/01/2007 in B2, another words view as date as first day of the month. On Thu, 25 Mar 20...

Unknown error message
What does this mean please and how do I fix it? An unknown error has occurred. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C0148 Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure(SSL): No When does it occur ? Is your account really using Port 0 for smtp ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "whatlink" wrote in message news:F6BDF51C-3C13-47BF-9051-C7DEB9E3DA77@microsoft.com... What does this mean please and how do I fix it? An unknown error has occurred. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C0148 Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure(SSL): No That symptom is usually caused by interference from ...

Zip Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll with my application?
Hello. I created an application that automates Excel. It looked like that if the dll "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll" was not with my exe, the application crashes on other PC's. Since my application doesn't provide a set-up program (X-copy application), I would like to zip that file with my application. Is that permitted? I tried to research on my own but I couldn't find the answer. I even consult the lawyer in our company but he was not able to give me a clear answer. By the way, that dll came with Visual Studio 2010 (located at C: \Program Files (x86)\M...

Payroll Errors on GP10
We just ran our first payroll after upgrading from GP9 to GP10 SP1. Some of the new features are great. However, we had two errors. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone can suggest where I can look to find the cause. 1. We have an HSA deduction that is sent by Direct Deposit. On 3 employees, no ACH record was created in DD10100 and therefore was not in the ACH file to transmit. All the other HSA deductions were processed correctly. These three appeared to be set up exactly like the other ones and no changes were made to their deduction record since the last payroll ...

extend.dat 03-10-10
I've upgraded my Outlook from 2000 to 2007. After install I get the message..... An extension failed to initialize. Cannot open file: extend.dat. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it or it may be open in another program. Right click the folder that contains the file and then click [properties to check your permissoions for the folder. I c annot find the file on my computer. I tried un-installing and re-installing with the same error. After I click OK, I get another error which says.... Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Create a new profi...

printing error #3
Before I print my excel spreadsheet I preview it in print preview. After looking it through and everything checks out I go to print. Once I get the actual hard copy a good portion of my margins are off, and parts of my spreadsheet are cut off. I've encountered this problem with a few other documents on Excel as well. When I go back to see what the problem is everything on my end checks out even the print preview look good. I'm not sure how to fix the problem or where to start looking. I'm the only one in the office with this issue. Excel's WYSIWYG isn't really &qu...

Excel Value Error
My formula is =c7*c8 works as long as c7 is not a blank. If made a blank after being a number, then Value error occurs. How do I do properly? Please. Example 1*100=100, blank*100=Value error. -- Jim Finecey Try this: =N(C7)*C8 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jim Finecey" <JimFinecey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A6F5D11-0522-4E3A-A11B-BD34F2686994@microsoft.com... > My formula is =c7*c8 works as long as c7 is not a blank. If made a blank > after being a number, then Value error occurs. How do I do properly? > Please. Example > 1*1...

get/change error direct deposit
I have a client with multiple companies. One company is receiving the following error when trying to create a cheque batch. " A get /change operation on table "ME-Direct-Deposit-MSTR" failed accessing SQL Data I have been unable to find a solution....any ideas? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada I looks to me as if one of the EFT products have been installed without initializing the tables.The Direct Deposit Master is allocated to EFT for Payables. If you add an "Other Window" to your shortcuts you can complete the "Payables EF...

Unable to obtain service organization from the adapter error
I=B4m getting the next error when I select the " Dynamics GP econnect" adapter registered into my machine and I click the next Button in the add generated items in VS. I=B4m Working with VS 2005 y Biztalk 2006 --------------------------- Add Adapter Wizard --------------------------- Unable to obtain service organization from the adapter. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: stream --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Any help I would appreciate. Francisco Try the following: To resolve this problem, add the eConnect schema directly to the BizTalk Server...

Exchange Performance error
Hi I have exchange 2003 in my org. I have plenty oof erro on mom server about exchange with this description: (This alert indicates that global catalog issues may be affecting the performance of your Exchange Server environment. The Performance object monitored for this alert is MSExchangeDSAccess Processes-Ldap Search Time-<All>-1.0-minutes (threshold). This alert is generated when the average of the last 10 samples is greater than 50 milliseconds. ) what shoud I do for this error? Many thanks Babak What's your GC to Exchange Server processor ratio? Might be easier to tell ...

calling dll from c like app
I ma not sure if this is the appropriate group to post. If not please point me to the right group I have created a dll using c# from something like this using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using System.Text.RegularExpressions; namespace IeString { public class ClassIeString { Regex myregexp; public int setRegexp(String argRegexp) .... From an application build from C with capability to access external function by means of declaring public FUNCTION int setRegexp(REF String argRegexp)...

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DRIVE error
Hiya! My laptop battery has been dying for quite some time, since I had kept it constantly in my laptop and didn't even realise I was supposed to take it out when using the adaptor until recently. However, my computer had said that it was still capable of recharging, just that the battery life was shortened... and I kinda just ignored it since I was planning on getting a new laptop soon, anyway. To get to the point... today I needed to shift my laptop, so I unplugged the adaptor, thinking that my laptop should still have a little bit of battery left to sustain it- but instea...

E-mail error Message #2
Do that mean the problem is on their end or mine. I could not telenet to the ip listed in the original e-mail. Thanks Most likely the problem is on their end. I tried to Telnet to that same IP and it also failed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Michael Moore" <Mike.Moore@sgic.com> wrote in message news:eORWKBViEHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Do that mean the problem is on their end or mine. I could not telenet to > the > ip listed in the original e-mail. Thanks > > ...

RPC server error when trying to run quota message service
I just installed quota message service and when I try to run it I get a message "RPC server unavailable." Any ideas? This "quota message service" is a third-party product? You might ask the supplier of that product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Algowithm" <Algowithm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D0D68E-5C21-4FCB-952F-95CEF48FCE2C@microsoft.com... >I just installed quota message service and when I try to run it I get a > message "RPC server unavailable."...

AsyncReadComplete with error
Hello, I am trying to download a text file from the web. Under XP it works great, but under Vista I get the following error here: Case vbAsyncStatusCodeError CancelAsyncRead AsyncProp.PropertyName RaiseEvent DownloadError(AsyncProp.PropertyName, vbAsyncStatusCodeError, Err.Description & " " & Err.Number) Err.description is: System Error Err.Number is (0x800C0200L/ -2146696704). I bing'ed it and this code means INET_E_RESULT_DISPATCHED. I tried to understand this result to track down what might be going wrong, but...

Digital Signature? 03-19-10
I'd like to put a digital signature on my XL2007 project, so internal users can open from a LiveLink location (it's unsafe for them to make the location a trusted one), without having to manually enable the macro/activex content. But for the life of me, I can't figure out where I GET the signature. When I open the VBA dialog box to add one, there are none to select from. Hints please? B Lynn B - You get the digital signature by purchasing it. See "Get or create your own digital signature" at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100997641033.as...

Exchange 2003 error 2112.
I'm running Exchange Enterprise Server 2003 on a Windows 2000 server which has been working in production for about a year. The Active Directory Servers are Windows 2000 SP3 (GC) and the second server is running SP4. I'm getting event ID: 2112, 9186, 9187 which I believe are all directly related to 2112. I ran "policytest.exe" and got the following results: =============================================== Local domain is "domainname.net" (DOMAINNAME) Account is "DOMAINNAME\Exchange Enterprise Servers" ======================== DC = "ADSER...

Quick views 08-03-10
Is it possbile to add a Quick view for "Read EMails" or Read Feeds? WLMail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 Win XP Pro sp3 No, nor in WLM 2010 Build 15. - Your options are --> All Emails, All Inbox, All Feeds -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Charles Galloway" wrote in message = news:feoe56d46jnq3a3e2vrp3om1pgs96i7ts9@4ax.com... Is it possbile to add a Quick view for "Read EMails" or Read Feeds? WLMail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 Win XP Pro sp3=20 ...

Exchange 5.5 DS/IS Sync error
I've been tidying up a number of problems in our Exchange environment. We are part way through a migration from NT4/Exch5.5 to Win2k/AD/Exch2k. I am not going to consider Win2003 or Exchange 2003 until I've got a clean migration completed from NT4 / Exch5.5 to Win2k / AD / Exch2k. I've described our environment in full at the bottom of this message. Problem - There are 6 Public Folders for which I see the following error on the Exch5.5 application log, every 15 minutes. (In the error text below, I've replaced our site/company specific names with "generic" names.)...

error in equation 'decimal places currency footer'
I got the error message: " error in equation 'decimal places currency footer' " when I try to run the Trial balance report, does any one know what might be the problem? is it because some fields in the report were not set up correctly? any help will be greately appreciated. It means that someone modified the report, somehow that field or equation got changed. Sometimes this can happen when the person modifying the report deletes fields off the report that are used in calculations. If this is in fact a modified report, my suggestion would be to delete it and start fro...

error fowarding email
At times I get an error message when I try to foward an email that has an attachment with it. ...

CRM Wizard Install Error 401 error
When running the CRM install Wizard receive the following error: The Request Failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthoriized The workstation is on a vpn connection and can access the Web server in port 80 via IE, but not servername:5555 The workstation is in the same domain as the CRM server Thanks Joseph W wrote: > When running the CRM install Wizard receive the following error: > The Request Failed with HTTP Status 401: Unauthoriized > > The workstation is on a vpn connection and can access the Web server in port > 80 via IE, but not servername:5555 Which kind of 401 error ...

Help with code 03-14-08
Hi, I have this code which was suggested to add the test from 1 field to another. What I need to know is how to make the text attach to the BEGINNING of the field it is going in to, not the end as it currently does. Also, how can I place a space between the previous and the new text (as such a new paragraph in the memo field). Here is my code: Private Sub DoNotesCommand_Click() Dim strNotes As String strNotes = Me.Notes Me.Notes = strNotes & Me.Notessubmit End Sub Hope you can help. Ritchie. This should do what you want: Private Sub DoNotesCommand_Click() Dim strNotes As Stri...

Run-time error '6' Overflow
The following code is giving me the Run-time error '6' Overflow, and specifically at the code "ans = var1 * var2". And I don't understand why, when stepping through this code, it keeps jumping in and out of the procedure. I obviously don't know what I'm doing. FYI, cells D3 and F3 have the following code in them: =RANDBETWEEN (1,9) I hope someone can explain... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim var1, var2, ans, tgt If Target.Column = 8 Then tgt = Target.Value var1 = Range("D3").Value var2 = Range("F3")...

OL'03 on Exchange'03 server
I and others have personal Distribution Lists (D-Lists) in our respective personal contacts. How can we export the D-List to a WAB, PAB, CSV, etc. such that others can import them ? -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp No need to export. Simply create a Rich Text formatted message and = insert the DL in the body and send. The recipient should drag the DL to = their contacts folder and there you go. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolici...