Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?

Can you help?

All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude.  They are
HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my
original it is underlined.  I have been advised by mail recepients that my
email content is underlined.

Does anyone know how I can stop this?

"Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude.  They are
> HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my
> original it is underlined.  I have been advised by mail recepients that my
> email content is underlined.

Do they look OK in your Sent Items folder?  If so, how do you know they're
being received with underscores?  Just because the replies look that way to
you does not mean your recipients see them that way.  You'd have to visit one
of those recipients and look.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/18/2010 6:54:37 PM
Sally W wrote:

> Can you help?
>
> All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude.  They are
> HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my
> original it is underlined.  I have been advised by mail recepients that my
> email content is underlined.
>
> Does anyone know how I can stop this?

Send a test e-mail to yourself.  Exit Outlook (make sure it unloads).
Use the webmail interface to your account.  Check if the underlining is
present in that copy of your test e-mail.

If the test e-mail is underlined, are you perhaps adding a signature to
your outbound e-mails?  Or are you using stationery or a template for
your new e-mails?
0
VanguardLH

Title in Content Control disappears when grouping?
Hi, If I GROUP a portion of my document where there is a CONTENT CONTROL, its TITLE is not visible anymore. Why? I would like to avoid the user changing parts of my document, but still giving him the best clues where and what to type. thanks, Lauro When I looked at this a. I saw the same as you; b. I did not find a workaround. Non-response suggests none of the regular responders who are around knows either. > Why? You'd have to ask Microsoft (most if not all of the people here are volunteers, not their employees). It looks as if...

OE6 is removing my email attachments
I can figure out why my Outlook Express ver 6 is removing all the email attachments from my mail. When I go in to open the attaachment...it is greyed out...and a note says it has been removed. Help, as I need these attachemnts. Is there something I can change in my setup???? Andre open oe6 and select tools | options | security tab. uncheck the second box from the top concerning potentially dangerous attachments. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10e901c3bec5$d4919010$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I can figure out why my Outlook Express ver 6 is removing >...

table of content
Using styles (Heading 1, etc) in Word (any version) allows me to create a TOC very simply. I cannot find a way to create a table of content automatically in Publisher (2003), for instance by applying styles. Am I missing something or have they just left out this option? Don't want to create a TOC manually in a 200 page document.... TIA - Rob The bad news is you will have to create the TOC manually. Publisher is a page layout application. Word is better suited for what you are doing. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsof...

keep formula delete contents
I'm trying to set up a template in Excel. I wish to keep the formula but delete contents, so i can us the same sheet again. Every formula evaluates to something -- a string, a number, an error, ... So you can't really delete the contents and still keep the formula. But you could modify the formula so that it returns an empty string ("") and that makes the cell look empty. You could modify the formula to look at the other cells it needs and if those are empty, then return that "" string. For example, if I had a formula that just added 12 to the valu...

OWA exchange 2003
I need to disable junk email setting in OWA exchange 2003 without single user operation. Anyone know if is possible and how ? Thanks Marco ...

how do i retain emails at isp
1) Is it possible with Outlook to be set to manually download emails from ISP? 2) Is it possible With Outlook to be set to retain at ISP emails that download into Outlook Hi John, have a look on this sites for some information about: "Leave message on the (ISP) Server)": "Work with POP3 messages on multiple computers" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010430621033.aspx "Leave e-mail messages on your e-mail server" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/leaveonserver.htm May...

Problem Exporting Calendar contents with custom fields
I have created a customized form in MS Outlook Calendar to create appointments with more data that I need to track. When exporting a calendar to a CSV file, outlook only recognizes the main appointment fields, not my custom fields to export. I would like to see me fields export with the calendar. Any ideas? Thanks, Kris ...

routing email for a user that no longer exists...
Is there a way, once a users AD account has been completely removed that we can still route any incoming messages destined for that user to another user's email account? I want to remove a users profile completely from our systems and at the moment I have forwarding on the account. We want to make sure that any email is still received somewhere, rather then have the sender get an NDR. Thanks, Brad "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in news:OvmLSbwgFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Is there a way, once a users AD account has been completely removed &g...

Email Contamination Fear
To what extent am I misleading friends by telling them that a pdf or jpg from me is safe to open? Or that it is always safe to open an email? I have sent word docs and pdf docs to various members of a social group. I have been told by some, "I will not open an enclosure for fear of worms, viruses and other computer troubles." I have said, "It is a safe enclosure to the extent that I know my mac is safe." That then is the question. Is the following scenario being done and what is the likely hood? If I send an email with a pdf attachment to 10 people. Are other people i...

How do I transfer items in the Content Library in Publisher 2007?
I have a number of items in the Content Library in Publisher 2007 on my laptop which I would like to copy to the same program on my PC. I know I could copy and paste them, but there are quite a number and wondered if there is an easy way? Where is the file saved on the hard drive? What version Windows? The Application Data folders are hidden. Read the post from Amanda-BC-Can dated 11/22. She said she failed transferring the content library. If you succeed would you please post back and tell us the steps you used. Under Vista it is stored in this folder: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>...

Unable to copy images in emails
I can no longer copy animated images embedded in forwarded emails. When I right click "save picture as" I receive an error message that says "file type not specified for system." What to do? ...

I lost Outlook News and it is no longer listed under Customize/GO
I removed my News Reader from the Outlook toolbar and now I can't find it under Customize/GO. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. Note: this is not supported on Win7 - Go news only works with Mail and OE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

confidentiality statement on all emails
How can I place a confidentiality statement on all emails sent by the whole company. We are using Exchange 5.5. Perhaps this KB can help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258206 Martin Moustgaard "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:2c0101c42867$fc10f9d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I place a confidentiality statement on all emails > sent by the whole company. We are using Exchange 5.5. ...

Adding a receipt request to Outlok email
Where can you click something that adds a read receipt to a normal OUtlook email. Outlook Express is easy. Where is it in Outlook? "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF33CD2-EBFD-4982-A8C9-D7663CA46486@microsoft.com... > Where can you click something that adds a read receipt to a normal OUtlook > email. Outlook Express is easy. Where is it in Outlook? > > In message compose, View > Options or use Alt-P John --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080611-1, 11/06/2008 Tested on: 6/11/2008 18:...

Copy Partial Cell Contents in Excel ?
Hi folks! I'm trying to figure out how to write a Macro in Excel that I can us to copy only a portion of data in a cell and paste that partial dat into an adjacent cell. Specifically, I am using Excel 2000 and tring t copy only the final dollar amount from entries such as the one below: 1@ $5.99 = $5.99 What I want is a pure dollar amount in the adjacent column so that can run totals of amounts spent. What I don't want is to have to cop and paste every entry manually. Can anyone help me with this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com MadDubhgal, That cell should be ...

email #4
I have OE 6 and I cannot delete read messages from my inbox. Any ideas? The inbox.dbx file might be partially corrupt. Have you tried closing OE and then rename inbox.dbx to inbox.old? (OE will start with a new inbox.dbx file. From there, create a new folder call "Recover". Close OE and then delete the recover.dbx file. Rename inbox.old to recover.dbx. Start OE and see if you can move/copy items from Recover to Inbox. When finished, delete the recover folder.) "Tom" <tw29@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:012601c353ad$f27dbc80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I h...

HELP! Split cell contents to new rows
I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to take the cell contents and insert into new rows. Each name is separated by a comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell. PLEASE HELP! Copy, paste special-transpose (now in columns). Data - Text to columns. Copy, paste special- transpose back to rows. -- Best Regards, Luke M "nyarce" <nyarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9E6CDF2-7A05-4337-B0DD-C88FCFF617B4@microsoft.com... >I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do yo...

Send email without read access for queues
I got the problem that a user should be able to send emails with the webclient but he should not be able to see the defined queues. Thats not possible. In my opinion it does not make sense at all that you need read privileges on queues to send emails out of the web client. That should be changed. My suggestions are: 1. Let users send emails when they have the privilege to create activities. or 2. Define a new privilege for sending emails AND (I find that one pretty important) 3. Show only those items in the queue that a user has at least read privileges for. In my case the user doe...

IMAP Email and Default Inbox
In OL, you know that Inbox that is there as soon as you setup an identity? When I set up an IMAP account, how come it creates its own separate Inbox, instead of using the default inbox? Do only POP3 accounts use the default Inbox? -- ICQ# Yes. IMAP uses its own .PST. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23SbEy0xpDHA.2440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Diggy wrote: > In OL, you know that Inbox that is there as soon as you setup an > identity? When ...

email and the appointment entity
When you create an appointment for an account or contact, is the system supposed to send an email to the account/contact about the appointment, or does it just go into the Outlook calendar? Normally when creating an appointment it is just saved to CRM. If you have the outlook client installed it will go into your outlook calendar if you are one of the attending parties. You can send out a e-mail whenever an appointment is created using a workflow. But you have to create this your self. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators h...

Junk Email #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C57254.DF7A7110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Environment: Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers with Outlook 2003 clients. Configuration: A domain policy exists that specifies no automatic email = filtering. The policy was created using the Office 2003 Resource Kit. = The policy is being pushed to the clients. As I understand it, the only = emails that should go to the Junk Email folder at this point are those = that are explicitly blocked at the c...

Delete contents of folder on exiting
Does anyone know if its possible to delete the contents of a Outlook 2000 folder when exiting from Outlook (much like the deleted items get emptied). We have a GFI MailEssentials on our Exchange server that moves any emails it recognises as spam to a Junk folder and i'd like to be able to delete the contents of it automatically when i close Outlook, rather than having to do it manually. -- Thanks in advance Dan Williams Dan Williams <dan_williams@newcross-nursing.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if its possible to delete the contents of a Outlook > 2000 folder when exiting ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

Opening a Case via Email
Can I open a case via email in Dynamics? Do I need to utilize the tracking icon for all email or can I just employ it for monitoring a case? For some unknown reason MS, decided that creating a new case from the regarding lookup was not a feature that was needed. It is and there is a unsupported workaround that will turn the new button on to allow cases to be created from the look up. It does come with a warning, depending on the speed of your server and how you have the look up records displaying, we had set it to show the newest case first but with the new button on, from the time ...

crm 4.0 upgrade queues no longer receive email
Hello, I have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. I have 2 queues setup for helpdesk use, neither of these queues are reciving emails anymore? i have removed crm 3.0 email router and install 4.0 email router. All users can send out emails. Does anybody know where there is documentation on how to setup a queue in crm 4.0 and how to create the necessary rules to link emails to a queue? Thanks Ian ...