why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?

when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in
Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened
with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have
i changed?

You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead
of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows
the settings you made in Windows.

Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with
Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose
Default Program...-> select Adobe Reader-> enable the option: Always use the
selected program

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Lynne" <Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in
> Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then
> opened
> with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What
> have
> i changed?

0
Roady
1/25/2010 7:20:19 AM
Lynne wrote:

> when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in
> Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened
> with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have
> i changed?

What program loads when you double-click on a .pdf file listed in Windows
Explorer (i.e., a .pdf file on your hard disk)?
0
VanguardLH

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

Word vs. PowerPoint
I'm giving a lecture next month, only my third with a PowerPoint presentation -- and only the first that'll have an audience of more than about 10, so I'll be writing it out fully in advance. And with the new Windows 7 laptop (yay!), I can even take advantage of the dual- monitor thing and have the slide show on the projector and a working view on the computer. Does anyone know of arguments for or against using the Notes function in PowerPoint to contain my entire text, vs. simply writing it in a word processor the usual way and printing it out? (I am assuming that I c...

Receiveng garbage instead of mail text or attachments in OL2003
I have Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro box. A friend has Outlook 2003 in a Windows Vista Business box. I ONLY send mail in text form (Ido not use HTML or Outllok Rich text format). He gets my mails in raw form (Spanish Outlook both): ********************** -----Mensaje original----- De: xxxxxx [mailto:xxx@xxxxx] Enviado el: martes, 10 de febrero de 2009 12:03 p.m. Asunto: Desacople del Generador Return-Path: <xxxxxx@xxxxxx> Delivered-To: wwwwwwwww@xxxxxx Received: (qmail 44010 invoked by uid 88); 10 Feb 2009 14:24:44 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXX) (xx.xx.xx.xx) by XXXXXXXXX wit...

gridlines in outlook?

attachment formats
Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in the body of the message in the format of <<filename.doc>>. The attachment also appears at the bottom of the message as an icon. How is the format of enclosing the filename within these tags accomplished? thanks, Rick ...

How can i insert multiple pictures in a word doc, simultaneously?
Hello! I need to put in multiple photos from a file in my reports, and i would like them to be sized to fit 6-10 per page. Is there any way to do that in one simple step? Thanks! It depends on your definition of simple. In order to control the layout of the images you need to insert them in a table of fixed cell width. The images will then adapt to the width of the cell. How many will fit of a page is determined by whether the images are portrait mode or landscape mode - or mixed modes. The following macro will insert a two column table at the cursor and proceed to en...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

multiple copies won't print is word 2002
I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6). All of a sudden it won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one. I have a brother hl-5040 with 136 mb memory. The computer is running win xp pro; sp3. Any ideas? Thanks As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B84BC29-BAB9-4187-AFD8-6F19FD9BECCE@microsoft.com... > I am running Word 2002, ( as part of work...

Outlook XP and attachments