Where to ask questions regarding Outlook 2010?

Hi Folks,

Is this the correct place to ask Outlook 2010 questions?

TIA,
Shane Devenshire

As long as you don't expect an answer right away. A lot of us don't have
much time to play with beta's.
--
Russ Valentine
"Shane Devenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is this the correct place to ask Outlook 2010 questions?
>
> TIA,
> Shane Devenshire

0
Russ
12/10/2009 8:37:30 PM
Office 2010 Beta Forums:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010

:
: Is this the correct place to ask Outlook 2010 questions?
:
: TIA,
: Shane Devenshire

0
Tom
12/10/2009 9:00:06 PM
You can use the beta forums or ask here.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Shane Devenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2630CAF6-4CAC-4174-83BD-8FDE05A8A679@microsoft.com...
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is this the correct place to ask Outlook 2010 questions?
>
> TIA,
> Shane Devenshire

0
Diane

Unattended installation question
I'm trying to setup an unattended installation of SQL 2008 Express Edition. I want the local administrator of the box to have sysadmin access. How would I put that in the configuration file? Since the Machine name is different depending on the name of the box that I install it on, it can't be hardcoded into the .ini file. I need to use some kind of variable. I tried logging in as .\administrator but that didn't work. Any Ideas? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2K3 LDAP check name problem
hi i have a STRANGE issue with LDAP and Outlook 2003. Basically, if i type the first names of people in the To: section and try to resolve (Ctrl-K or Alt-K) all of the names at once, it wont work. BUT it will resolve the very first name but will offer no suggestions for the next names. I will then cancel this, (the first name will have resolved) and when i try to resolve the names again, it will work for the next unresolved name (the first one was resolved remember) and then fail on everyone after that. so basically, in the To: box, if i type in john;chris;peter, do CTRL-K it...

Outlook 2007 Calendar Event Colors
Just upgraded to Office 2007. My events had some different colors to them to show if they have me marked as Free or Busy. I don't see this in 2007. "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7CDAD9E-BCDE-4F74-AA58-AB0FD0660362@microsoft.com... > Just upgraded to Office 2007. My events had some different colors to them > to > show if they have me marked as Free or Busy. I don't see this in 2007. In Outlook version before 2007, free/busy settings did not control the color, either. The label you assigned contorlled the...

Ask your advice.
Hi all, We have exchange 2003 SP2 windows 2003 R2 envir. We have 4GB RM on the server. We have 10 mailbox stores. Now I need to create one mailbox store for several users (new dept) and should I put these users to the existing mailbox stores or create seperate mailbox store for these users? What's the memory penalty if I put these userson the new seperate mailbox store (from memory perspective?) Thank you! It probably doesn't matter much. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "e...

Microsoft Outlook problem
Why do I get this message repeatedly when I try to open Microsoft Outlook all of a sudden whereas before I never got this message. The message I get is: The data file 'nikosc38@hotmail.com' was not closed properly. This file is being checked for problems. "Tsintzina" <Tsintzina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5956E2E-CADB-460C-BF82-2B393BA31AC5@microsoft.com... > Why do I get this message repeatedly when I try to open Microsoft Outlook > all > of a sudden whereas before I never got this message. The message I get is: > ...

Exchange newbie question
Hi all, As I have not yet setup Exchange 2003 (say the trial version for the time being) and I was wondering if any more experience readers here could answer some questions for me. Then I can decide whether it has all I need before I try to get funding, and get really into it. I have some more but will start with the one: Email aside, using OWA can I share the underlying file system within the current user context, so that permissions will work correctly. I know there are public folders, but at first look they look like areas for messages, messages with attachments (one way to share files bu...

Help, keeps asking for passwor
I downloaded a MS template from the MS Download site. It's for Excel and it is a Monthly Timesheet. It keeps asking me for a password when I try to modify it for our company. HELP Where did you download it from and what is it called ? Regards Trevor "dkk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F51C5E6-940A-42C7-BABB-DF89826992DC@microsoft.com... > I downloaded a MS template from the MS Download site. It's for Excel and it is a Monthly Timesheet. It keeps asking me for a password when I try to modify it for our company. > HELP Hi d...

A Concatenate Formula Question
I am using Concatenate to build strings from a spreadhsheet. Mostly these are based on prior records. My data was delivered sort of like this Parent | Name "" | Dockmaster Dockmaster | Level 1 Dockmaster | Level 2 Dockmaster | Level 3 None | Wharfloader Wharfloader | Level 1 etc So I created a new field FullName and used Concatenate to say if Parent<>"" then Concatenate PriorRecord#_FullName + CurrentRecord_Name e.g. Dockmaster Level 1 Obviously when ti gets to Wharfloader si...

Moving from Outlook express to Outlook 2003
We are going to wipe our hard drives and install a new O.S. and all applications. Currently, all employees use Outlook Express for mail. The new computers will have Outlook 2003. What is the best way to migrate all old mail, folders, etc into Outlook 2003 without first setting up Outlook express on the new computers? In other words, the old mail folders and Address books will be on a network drive and we want to open Outlook 2003 and import as much as possible from the network folders. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Andrew You can't. Outlook can only import directly from O...

Outlook asks for UID, Password & Domain
I am using Outlook 2000 on and XP Pro machine. I just bought 7 machines and reinstalled outlook on all my machines on an SBS 4.5 exchange client system. All but two machines work fine. For some reason on my machine and a second on the network, when I start Outlook I get a pop up box asking for username, password and domain. Once I install that info i get in. But when I close outlook and restart it, it does the same thing. buzz See if this article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321652 Also fix your system time; you're posting from the future! -- Robert Spa...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Built in Form Question
Is there any way to have the form created by Data/Form come up showing the info for the selected row in a Excel database? When I choose Data/Form, it pops up showing the header for the database. I would like it to show the info for the row that is selected. Perhaps a macro of some sort? Thank you. In article <118p9n0n9hddh64@corp.supernews.com>, "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote: > Is there any way to have the form created by Data/Form come up showing > the info for the selected row in a Excel database? When I choose > Data/Form, it p...

MS Outlook 2007 Phising notification Message
Hi , I am asking related with the problem of Outlook 2007. With in house we are using MS Outlook 2003 and one user using MS Outlook 2007. That MS outlook 2007 user getting a phising notification message from inhouse user. Kindly suggest me how I will trouble shoot and rectify that. Reply need ASAP. -- Vish ...

Outlook is possessed
It opens up a new window by itself, every 10 minutes or so, even when already open. This has been going on for about 6 months. I think there is a register corruption, but don't know how to fix it. This is driving me mad. It acts like a pop-up. What version of Outlook? If 2002 or 2003, do you have speech enabled? If yes, try turning off the microphone and see if this still happens. >-----Original Message----- >It opens up a new window by itself, every 10 minutes or >so, even when already open. This has been going on for >about 6 months. I think there is a regis...

How can I discover who accessed Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that has been accessed by someone with an Outlook 2003 client. This has caused OWA to stop working. How can I discover which mailbox has been accessed by the Outlook 2003 client? Regards When you look at the Logons information under the Private infomration store, it should show the last time they were accessed, and should also display which client accessed the mailbox. Outlook 2003 should show a client version of 11.0 Also, to be fair, this is a very well known issue, and the hotfix has been available for a long time. The KB article was published back ...

Cannot view fodler from outlook today
HI all, We have public folder here and share information. We can browse to any folders if we navigate it from public folder>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However, most of them works, just a few do not. The folder is exist and working properly if we do not use the shortcut. Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just can't wotk with outlook today. Once I click the short cut to that folder from outlook today, it will say " Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access t...

2 Questions
my first question is i have a recipe web site up but i have tried almost every search engine i can not seem to find any kitchen utensil clip art to use in the ingredients sections of the recipes. The web site is: http://shirleysrecipes.awardspace.biz. I need clip art that is applicable to the ingredients listed. Does anyone know what i can do? My other question is does anyone know of any free sub-domain web hosts that give the best bang for you time, including the capability to publish office 2007 and earlier files so they can be opened on the web instead of saved to the hard di...

office assistant, outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to keep the assistant that I choose from changing back to the default one each time I start Outlook 2003. Outlook 97 did not have this problem ...

Recent Cases missing when try to Promote Email and Set Regarding
Hi, We have been using CRM 4.0 for about a year, and I just noticed this problem. When I click on 'Track in CRM' then 'Set Regarding' on any email in my Outlook, I choose Case, and I am unable to see recent cases. I can see Cases up to and including 12/9/08. Cases added mroe recently can be seen in the Case section and also on each customer under Cases, but not when trying to promote emails. All users in our company appear to have the same problem. However, we are able to promote emails to other current records, such as contracts which were created today. Any sugge...

Outlook Security Questions
1.) How can I set Outlook to open new messages only on double click? Right now all new messages open automatically when I highlight them. This means that a known virus can not be deleted without opening it. How can I avoid this? 2.) How can I set font and font size default so that when starting a new message, I automatically get Times New Roman size 14 font? On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:33:22 -0800, "Dennis" <denkar@karlprod.com> wrote: >1.) How can I set Outlook to open new messages only on >double click? Right now all new messages open >automatically when I ...

CRM 3.0 for Outlook adn Outlook 2007
Does anyone know why CRM 3.0 for Outlook wil not work with Outlook 2007? Brellim, Make sure you have the v3c version of the CRM for Outlook, which is compatible with Office 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E0CF1BB0&displaylang=en If your question is not regarding compatibility, but that you're seeing errors in Outlook 2007 with the CRM addin, then you may want to be more specific. Peter Gernburd "brellim" <brellim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEC8E5C3-D7EA-4B0F-A212-D9C61C5C1667@micro...

ask
what are the ways on how to create a calendar... The easist way is to start with a template. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "geneva" <geneva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB30392C-CDC2-49D6-8BC7-2D915EA72E37@microsoft.com... > what are the ways on how to create a calendar... > When you open Publisher go to File, New and the wizard will come up with a list of most everything. Select the item you want to create and use what is there or substitute what is not wante...

Simple Powerpoint questions
1. How do I apply animation to specific words in a sentence? For example, suppose I want the final word in a sentence to not show up at first, not until I click the mouse. Here's my dumb attempt: I highlight the final word, go to Custom Animation, and click 'Add Effect' > 'Entrance' > 'Appear'. But this ends up selecting the entire sentence, despite the fact that I highlighted only the final word in the sentence. 2. I like to do everything by keyboard. But how do I get to 'Add Effect' by keyboard? I know I can get to Custom Animation wit...

Microsoft Access Subform Question
Group, I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES), sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to reference this data? http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table relationship) Robert Hello Robert, If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource of [txTotalPayment] enter: =[Paymen...

Preview Pane
With 2003, is it possible to know if a mail recipient has viewed a message via preview pane I sent instead of opening my message? No. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Jim Yonker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:154f01c43e13$8beb9770$7d02280a@phx.gbl... With 2003, is it possible to know if a mail recipient has viewed a message via preview pane I sent instead of opening my message? ...