when my mate sends an email it always goes as an attachment?

whenever my mate sends an email it always goes as an attachment....please
help..

C.Choi wrote:

> whenever my mate sends an email it always goes as an attachment....please
> help..

Have your mate come here to ask for their own help.  They know their version
of Outlook, version of Windows, their software setup, their network setup,
and just exactly what steps they take to compose a new e-mail.  Have them
read the following before they post here (would help you, too).

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it.  You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post.  Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.  If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation.  Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
  http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
  http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are participating in a newsgroup
(Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
  http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
  http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
0
VanguardLH
12/22/2009 7:45:52 AM
What is the attachment name?  There are several causes, including using word
as the editor and including a header or footer in word. Using a signature
with an image with all cause it.  Sometimes, scanning outgoing mail with a
virus scanner will cause it.

Also, it's helpful to know to the version of Outlook, type of email account,
if you use word as the editor (outlook 2003 and older).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"C.Choi" <C.Choi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever my mate sends an email it always goes as an attachment....please
> help..

0
Diane

Outlook Cannot Send Messages
Hi! there. Would appreciate it if someone could please let me know what the error message "not enough disk space" means. specially, when I have deleted a bunch of emails --- cleared my hard drive - created more space just to send an 85 kb mail ...... Yet the error message persists, I am able to receive emails but cannot send one of even a byte or less. My mail and internet service provider (TATA VSNL) insists that I need to uninstall and reinstall -- Outlook. This appears rather drastic. PLEASE HELP!!!! Kulwant kulwant@vsnl.com If you provided some useful information about...

Sending and Recieving Messages
How do you get Outlook to receive messages on startup ann and receive them periodically on a schedule of say mevery 30 minutes. I know there must be a way. Outlook Express does it. Thanks for any help. rpilgrim7448@nospam.charter.net Depending on your version of Outlook, you either set it under Mail Accounts->Send/receive settings or Tools->Options->Mail Delivery. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

sending email
I continually get the following message when sending some emails. It will sometimes correct itself if I reboot, but not all the time. 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA How do I get rid of this once and for all. Thank you On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:27:01 -0800, mike d wrote: > I continually get the following message when sending some emails. It will > sometimes correct itself if I reboot, but not all the time. > > 503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA > > How do I get rid of this once and for all. Put a valid email address in the "To...

Underscores in attachment file name
Hi, If I send an email from a DTS sendmail task with an attachment (say C:\files\MyAttachment.txt) and then receive this email in outlook express (6), the attachment file name is displayed as C__files_MyAttachment.txt. If I send the same mail again, only this time receive it in Outlook (2003) the attachment name is displayed correctly as MyAttachment.txt The attachments can be saved OK, however, the difference is when using Outlook express the attachment MUST be saved using "Saved as", forcing the user to rename the file back to MyAttachment.txt, whereas in Outlook they can use sa...

domain email problem
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem i have. i have a domain name i use for my emails with jimmy in front of it but no matter what i change jimmy to i still recieve it. the problem is i want to create an account for my son which will be colin in front of the address but how can i make sure his emails go to his account and not mine. thanks in advance jimmy -- joneill60 Ask your domain host how to set up additional mailboxes at domain level. = This is not an Outlook problem. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

Portable email
Can I install "Outlook" program on my mobile HDD (using USB case) and run on it? As I always travel to the branches of my company, I use the email program "Becky" inside my mobile HDD. I have set all the mail server in the program so whenever I need to check the email outside the office, only plug in the USB connector on any PC, run the Becky program on my mobile HDD, then I can get all the mail. It is quite convenience as all the mail are store in the mobile HDD with me. No need to bring the heavy notebook computor. But that Becky program have less function and sometime ...

Exch 2003: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
Uh, I should have stated: we are getting more and more of these. Usually it's when we are sending to small firms (xyz is not the real domain nor is abc.com my real domain name). Are there any debug or logging tools that might help? Thanks > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > Subject: When Life Was Simpler > Sent: 9/28/2004 11:25 AM > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > rjohnson@xyz.com on 9/28/2004 11:28 AM > > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, > contact your system administrator...

Inserting Email Signature
Before we updated our Outlook, I could insert an email signature into the current document I'm working on. Now there is not any "button" available, nor is the choice available from the toolbars. The only instruction I've gotten from the "Help" choice is that I have to go to the Email Signature area, copy my signature and paste it into my message. The only options available in setup is to have it inserted into every email, or not. I only want to insert my signature into a few emails, as I'm sending them - not into every email, and it seems crazy to hav...

emails not receive by outlook
Hi all, when my user's outlook do a send/receive, mails are removed from mailbox of my mailserver but the mails are not found in my user's inbox. No error when send/receive is done. Nor could it be found in junk folder. This problem is resolved once i changed outlook profile which is basically all the same settings. From the maillog i have found that the user is only downloading email only from 1 ip address hence no smart phone is used. Pls advise why the mail couldnt get into outlook? Thks in advance. "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

New email getting sent to deleted items and junk folder
Running Outlook 2002. All rules and filters deleted. New incoming messages get sent straight to the trash folder or the junk folder. Any advice is much appreciated ejmcardle@gmail.com <ejmcardle@gmail.com> wrote: > Running Outlook 2002. All rules and filters deleted. New incoming > messages get sent straight to the trash folder or the junk folder. > Any advice is much appreciated Make sure you're not scanning incoming mail with an anti-virus or -spam scanner. -- Brian Tillman Remove the account from Outlook, restart Outlook and then add the account again. &quo...

Send messages to outbox but delay send
In outlook 2002 i used to be able to write an email and then press ctrl+enter to send it to the outbox but have it wait untill i hit "F5" or "send and receive" before it sends. I have just re-installed windows and outlook 2002 and now it wont work. How can I change this. Thanks, Kris Kris <kris_duffy@hotmail.com> wrote: > In outlook 2002 i used to be able to write an email and then press > ctrl+enter to send it to the outbox but have it wait untill i hit "F5" > or "send and receive" before it sends. I have just re-installed > window...

Send to One Note
Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 bit machine? Tim Tim wrote: > Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 > bit machine? 1.) YES! Pls see: David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx 2.) Install ON2010 from the Office 2010 Beta. The 64-bit printer is built-in there. Rainald The Office 2010 Beta has 64 bit support for the printer. For OneNote 2007, there is a workaround at http://blog...

Outlook 2007 beta multiple email boxes
I wonder if there is a way to set up Outlook (easily) that will treat each of my email addresses as (automatically?) having their own .pst structure? T'bord does a very good job and I have a system of using one email address for banks and finances that I hope spammers will never find... Structured down to email addresses that I give if i have to to unknown, risky or doubtful requesters. Should this lowest level email address be compromised by spammers I can always ditch it and create another. It a trouble worth doing as it tends to keep my personal email addresses a bit more secu...

outlook send icon
my outlook does not have send icon on the shortcut group, is there anyone know how I can set it up? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Samy <amy4a@sympatico.ca> asked: | my outlook does not have send icon on the shortcut group, | is there anyone know how I can set it up? ...

send to email
Hola a todos. tengo un problema para enviar email desde access. dispongo de este codigo y lo ejecuto desde un boton del formulario. ------------------------------------------------------------------ 'Es necesario a�adir la refeerncia Microsoft Outlook Library '(herramientas/referencias) <-- OJO Dim Email As String Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With OutMail .To = Me.Email .CC = "" ...

I want to use Outlook 2003 for my comcast email
What are the steps needed to be able to use outlook 2003 for my comcast email? Kari <Kari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the steps needed to be able to use outlook 2003 for my comcast email? Call Comcast. I tried to do the same thing excpet using outlook 2000 and my charter company told me to contact microsoft. so if you get answers please let me know. I am trying to use mine and it comes up with loginnet.passport.com and I got all my pop3 in fo from charter so if you get answers let me know -- Chrissy "Uncle Grumpy" wrote: > Kari <Kari@discuss...

Search Email Activity
Hi CRM 3.0 - SBE edition. I'm looking for a way to search email activity - in particular the Body content. How can I achieve this? I'm stunned this isn't clearly and easily available. Thanks, Ben Does anyone have any idea or suggestions how I can achieve this? Thanks Ben "LBIT" wrote: > Hi > > CRM 3.0 - SBE edition. > > I'm looking for a way to search email activity - in particular the Body > content. > > How can I achieve this? > > I'm stunned this isn't clearly and easily available. > > Thanks, > Ben H...

Email send confirmed in exchange... so where is it?
I am trying to send an email from my printer (KM Bizhub 350c) to my email. I was having trouble at the printer level yesterday but resolved that. Now I can track the email from the Bizhub to exchange and it confirms that the email is in my local store. When I load up Outlook it never comes through. Using Exchange 2003 on a Win 2003 Ent server The Bizhub uses a Fiery Controller. Im tempted to say the problem still lies in the printer as all other email works fine. Anyone have any ideas or experiance in a similar situation? Does Message Tracking say it's been delivered to your ma...

Outlook 2000 Send problem
When sending mesasges through outlook, more often than not, the recipients do not receive them. The exception seems to be test messages i send to hotmail accounts make it to their junk folders. I first thought that maybe it was jsut recipients spam filters, but i have tested this several ways. I set up Eudora and used the import from outlook option so the settings specifying the servers are exactly the same ( i never get error messages from outlook anyway, the messages just do not get there). So, Eudora messages make it and Outlook 2000 ones dont. I suppose i could try OUtlok Express o...

dynamics crm 4 and microsoft outlook 2003 domino connector
Hi I am using the microsoft outlook 2003 connector for domino and crm version 4, If i track an email that outlook sees one of the recipients or the sender as a lotus notes domino entry in the lotus notes domino address book, when I look at the email in CRM the sender/ recipient field appears blank, or sometimes shows me when i was not the sender. Any ideas how to fix this, this behaviour only seems to happen with the MS outlook connector for domino, it does not happen with DAMO connector, but that has issues of its own! and POP3 is not an option as I want crm to sync with my calendar. does ...

'Send As' rights no longer working after upgrade to Ex2k3
Hi, A small problem we are having since upgrading to Exchange 2003 (NB: We have 3 Exchange Servers - we've been running in Exchange 2000 native mode for some time and I've now done an in place upgrade of one of the three servers - the other two are still Ex2k). We have a number of shared mailboxes on the upgraded server (eg a payroll account and a recruitment account) for which various other members of staff have had Send As rights. These always worked fine when the server was Exchange 2000 but after the upgrade the individual users can still access the shared mailboxes but upon try...

can't send email 09-02-10
still can't send email, but can recieve it. i have checked my servers and re-set my account.this just started happening today and when i get the pop up to enter my user name and password i press cancel and get the box that shows the error but the box is blank.it seems lots of people are having this problem so is it a windows mail problem? i've never had this problem before today. First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in W...

Email printing #3
The company that I work for uses Outlook for it's email program. When I get a message from my district office and print the email, there is about 4 pages of nothing but email addresses that a particular message was sent to. Is there a way to turn this off if you prefer to print the email, other than using "cut and paste" to only print what is needed. I don't like killing this many trees to save emails. Any and all "cures" are appreciated. "Russell" <russellrhonda91@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message news:d61a01c43a22$6ee384c0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

links within email
I use vista ultamate, outlook 2007 and all of a sudden the links with emails are deactivated and a message says contact administrator. Any suggestions to get the links to work? This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://slipstick.me/restrict for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Send 1,000,000 Mail (Over Internet)
I have a requirment to send 1,000,000 email over internet not just queing them on the server as the mails keep on comming. Is MS Exchange Capable or ther is some smaller software for this purpose. Sure, its all a question of Internet connectivity and Server power - but to be honest its better to use different solutions or to script them yourself. But to discuss SPAMMING techniques this is the wrong place! "Rishi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8501c4ac24$36ce33e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a requirment to send 1,000,000 email over inte...