What does "(Bulk)" designation mean on email

I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk).  No pattern
of sender nor date sent.  Some were two weeks old. Does anyone know what this
means or what happened.

Sound like something added by integrated anti virus or spam app, or possibly
your ISP AV/Spam filters, nothing to do with Outlook

"Mobydick" <Mobydick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk).  No
>pattern
> of sender nor date sent.  Some were two weeks old. Does anyone know what
> this
> means or what happened.

0
DL

I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No pattern of sender nor date sent. Some were two weeks old. Does anyone know what this means or what happened. Sound like something added by integrated anti virus or spam app, or possibly your ISP AV/Spam filters, nothing to do with Outlook "Mobydick" <Mobydick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8056B15-6391-43F2-899C-47DC8F2B369E@microsoft.com... >I had a bunch of email show up suddenly all prefixed with (Bulk). No >pattern > of sender nor date sent. Some were two we...