Ways to view your tasks

Hi,

Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have
to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox?

Our company is running Outlook 2003 if it matters.

Many thanks.
--
Dave Mitch

"Dave Mitch" <DaveMitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have
> to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox?

Not with Outlook 2003, but you can certainly have your Inbox and your Tasks
folder open simultaneously and tiled next to each other.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
4/28/2010 5:07:50 PM
As I unfortunately suspected, will have to wait for us to upgrade to 2007,
many thanks for your reply Brian
--
Dave Mitch

> As I unfortunately suspected, will have to wait for us to upgrade to 2007,

You can't have tasks in the Inbox in any version of Outlook.  The Inbox holds
only mail items, not task items.  What you'll get with Outlook 2007 or 2010 is
the To Do Bar, a separate pane that contains upcoming calendar items and task
items.  This pane is visible when viewing the Inbox, but the tasks aren't IN
the Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Monitor a Task
I know how to assign a task to another person and keep track of the status in my OUTLOOK. I was wondering if there is a way for another person to create their own task and pass it to me so I see their progress. Thanks for any help forthcoming. They can send you a Task Status Report - they need to update the data in the Task (eg % complete, Actual time) then close the Task (so the Data refreshes). Open it and click the Status Report button in the menu bar of the Task. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

S curves in Data Analysis views
Hello, I'm using Project Server 2007. What would be the fields I have to include in the MDX formulas (equivalent of Sum(PeriodsToDate([Time].[All]),Cost)) to calculate the 3 cumulative values: - BCWS - BCWP - ACWP Thanks for your help ...

List view with no item selection
How could i do that Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGING notification. Before return assign value 1 to *pResult. "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > How could i do that > > > ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

Viewing forms content when receiving message
I am trying to setup a message form and I have gone through and created the form but when I send it out, the only data that the receiver views is the message text, none of the info entered into the form fields is there. I am obviously missing something. I would greatly appreciate any guidance. Cheers! ...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

How to switch between views of CListCtrl dynamically?
It should be very simple, but... :-( May be I do something wrong... Look at my code: BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); m_wndListFiles.ModifyStyle(LVS_TYPEMASK | LVS_AUTOARRANGE | LVS_ALIGNLEFT | LVS_ALIGNTOP, LVS_ICON | LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS); DWORD dwStyle = m_wndListFiles.GetExtendedStyle(); m_wndListFiles.SetExtendedStyle(dwStyle | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES | LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT | LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT); ...................................... } void SwitchView(UINT nID) { ModifyStyle(LVS_TYPEMASK, LVS_nID); } But after this nothing is happened... Can anybody help me?...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Hours not adding correctly in Resource View
For one of my resources, hours are not adding correctly when I am looking in the Resource View in MS Project. For example, under one of my resources, the total for 'Other projects and commitments' is 32h for a particular week. However, when I expand the 'Other projects and commitments' heading, there is a total of 40 hours on other projects. This happens for several weeks with this resource. Is this a bug in MS Project? Thanks, Drew Drew -- Because of an unfixed bug with the "Other projects and commitments" feature, you do NOT see the correct Work num...

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

On Registry Tweaks for WLMail 14x (Quick views & Line wrap)
Now, WLMail 14x was programmed with a solution to help overcome the bug = whereby the Quick views would sometimes break. The solution was to cause = the Quick views to rebuild every five starts of WLMail via the Registry = Key->"Value" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live = Mail->"SearchFolderLaunchesUntilRebuild". This slows down the Start of WLMail for but a few seconds, but the Quick = views database takes many more seconds to completely rebuild, while = using quite high CPU. My first workaround to this annoyance was simply to export the r...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

trying to figure out a two way lookup to determine a value
I have a large spreadsheet that lists numerous customers. Each custtomer has a code for the service that we provide them and then has a price negotiated at the time of service. We are have set up a price list that gives the service code, in a vertical column and then has a range of dollar values for each service code (about 20 separate codes) ranging from $0 to $75 broken up in 5 grade (E,D,C,B, A) categories. The pricing is different ranges for each service code. What I need to do is have each customer line, take their code, find a match in the Price LIst code, the take the price they are pa...

Any way to Paste without Relative reposition?
I often want to copy and paste a block of cells, but still have their references point to the same cells as the original copied block. By default, Excel changes all the references by the position change of the copy block. For example if I copy a column of cells A that refers column M on another worksheet, and paste it 3 columns to the right in column D, all its references will now refer column P on that other worksheet. What if I still want them to refer to column M? I know I can do this one cell at a time by selecting the formula text in the cell and pasting that, but if I have a larg...