Is there a way to delete old or no longer used email addresses that appear in
the drop down box when I am addressing a new email?

Shebubba wrote:

> Is there a way to delete old or no longer used email addresses that appear in
> the drop down box when I am addressing a new email?

That is the nickname cache.  Search and delete the .nk2 file.  That's the
cache for nicknames (i.e., your manually entered e-mail addresses).  If you
only want to delete some of them, highlight an entry and hit the delete key.
If that doesn't work, use Nirsoft's NK2 Viewer utility (it edits, too).
0
VanguardLH

KB 940791 and persistent loss of mouse functionality
The behavior described in KB 940791 is happening on my system, but the "fix" only works for a few minutes. I am running Windows 7, upgraded from Vista. I am using Office Ultimate 2007. When I close all office applications and delete the regkey per the KB, Word (and Outlook using Word as the editor) function fine. But within a few minutes, the regkey has been re-written and my mouse stops working. This is unacceptable. "Fixes" should not require users to open and edit the registry. They should be packages that self-install, downloadable via WU, and they...

Email addresses without user accounts
We have both 2003 & 2007 Exchange in our domain, we are part way through a transition to 2007. Is there a method to list all of the email addresses within the domain that do not have a user account associated with them, for example mail enabled public folders or distribution groups ? Run this command from Exchange Management Shell, it will spit out a list of DL's and smtp address associated with them. [PS] C:\>get-distributiongroup | fl name, emailaddresses > c:\addresses.tx As for Public Folders, you might try Get-publicfolderstatistics but not sure thi...

Deleting Microsoft Exchange Server
I have read the threads but I still cannot delete a profile. I'm in Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate at home, and with difficulty I've synchronized my Outlook files (other than e-mail, namely Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes) from my office Outlook with my BlackBerry files at home by setting up a new personal .pst profile/file, BUT I'm asked repeatedly for my Server password with a pop-up box, etc. It's a nuisance! When I go into Mail Profile, Data File, or Accounts from Outlook, I always get this message when I try to "Remove" the Exchange Server ...

stop auto fill from thinking for itself!!!!!!!
I have Office 2003. I figure an example will make things easier. I want B5 to =A5*A1, B6 to =A6*A1, B7 to =A7*A1, and so on. When I try to auto fill I can't keep the formula refering to cell A1. It automatically goes to A2 then A3, etc. How can I use the auto fill function to fill in a range of cells which all refer back to one common cell? Use $A$1 instead of A1. This creates an "absolute reference". If you wanted just the column to stay at A, you would use $A1. If you wanted just the row to stay at 1, you would use A$1. For your purposes: =A5*$A$1 can be copied d...

Auto Increment Lookup codes
I am curious if there is a way to customize data entry so that lookup codes are randomly (and obivously uniquely) generated for us. It could be as simple as creating GUIDS or using the row ID for the lookup code. I could use a bit of guidance on how to customize data entry in such a way. ...

Add Records Sequentially with DMAX
Where is the proper place in my form to add the following Area Table CostCodeLast3 CostCode 1000 001 10-001 1100 001 11-001 1200 001 12-001 002 12-002 003 12-003 I want the next cost code to pop up after I enter the area in a new record. I know how to combine the last 3 with the first 2 numbers of the area. I don't know how to make the code select the next last 3 for area. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Dan,...

Delete Duplicate Info
I have columns A and B filled with information. The information in A1 refers to B1, A2 to B2 etc..... In some of my cells, there is duplicate information, and so for example, in A1 and B1, and A22 and B22, the same text information will be identical. So, can anybody advise me of a quick way to delete duplicate information if it appears more than once in both columns??? I don't want to delete duplicate info from one column but both columns. Thanks Hi If the duplicates are always adjacent, you could use a helper column =A2=B2 and fill down. Fix these results by Copy / Paste Special . ...

How to Change the file associated with IE's Windows Media Player Add-on
Hello, My home computer is not playing streaming videos that are embedded in websites correctly, while my office computer can. Both machines use Internet Explorer as the web browser. I compare their settings under IE's "Manage Add-ons" and find one difference between them. At home, the file associated with Windows Media Player under the IE Manage Add-on dialog box is msdxm.ocx. At work, the file is wmpdxm.dll. I want to change the home computer IE Manage Add-on setting to be the same as that for office computer. How can I change the setting to point to th...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Remove Cell Auto-Format (General) on Paste / Replace
Good morning all, Just curious if this is able to be done. I have a series o spreadsheets, all of them do different things, but the common factor i that I paste claim numbers into them. The problem is, Excel seems t think our claim numbers are dates. (Example. 2146/04 or 04/262 (different formats for different sections). Now, I have formatted AL cells on these spreadsheets as text. (Ctrl-A, Format-Cells-Text However, when pasting, Excel overrides whatever you've got, and choose it's own way to paste data. The other problem is with Find-Replace or Find-Replace All. A lot o the time, ...

A way to create sub-categories?

does exmerge delete all data in source mailbox
I am getting conlficting info on whether or not exmerge deletes all the mail that it emxerges to pst. Is it so or not? If yes where in options do i tell it to leave mail in place. thank you "asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in news:m307e.2500$Ne.1638@fe12.lga: > I am getting conlficting info on whether or not exmerge deletes all > the mail that it emxerges to pst. > Is it so or not? If yes where in options do i tell it to leave mail in > place. By default, no. You have to select archive as mentioned in this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Report Email Automation
Hi, I am trying email a specific report to a customer on a specific day, is there an easy way of doing this as I have tried to do it through a workflow...does it actually need to been done in Reporting Services? Any help on this would be great. Youu should use Reporting Services mail delivery option to archieve your goal. Read the Reporting Services Books Online, you'll find how to prepare your server for mail delivery. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Patrickh" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying email a specific report to a custom...

Removing unwanted "Auto Complete" addresses from the "To:" field?
There are many occasions when I send out "1 of" e-mails by typing out the recipient's address in the "To:" field. But then when I starting typing in another address which has the same first couple of letters, these addresses appear in the menu. How can I remove these obsolete names/addresses so they no longer appear in the choices? THANKS! Highlight & hit Delete on them when they appear in the dropdown "Pilgrim" <pilgrim2@nospam-myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:uu4W2kUbGHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > There are many occasions when...

Sending Emails
I have the following Excel with data in columns: State-Name-Customer-Email-PO-NV-Product01-Qty01-Product02-Qty02-Product03-Qty03-DeliveryDate And I would like to create a code that everytime the user enters the last info on Delivery Date, it sends and automated email to the Email stated on that row, So the email would use the information stored on the rows: Subject: (State) (PO) (Customer) Message: Dear (Name): Your Purchase Order (PO) associated to our Nota de Venta(NV) with the following products: (Product01) (Qty01) (Product02) (Qty02) (Product03) (Qty03) is under ...

Need Help with Irregular IRR function
I am doing a big project for work that requires inputing a whole bunc of irregular cash inflows and outflows over a period of about 3 years. I tried ordering all the cash flows chronologically so that it woul look like: Date Cash Flow and the outflows were negative, inflows were positive. I thought I covered all the possible problems, but I was wrong becaus Excel kept telling me that when i selected all the values, (Cash Flo and/or date) I had an error because I was dividing by Zero. I trie taking out all the zero values for cash flow, but still I got the sam result. I didn't att...

Add Publish Column to Enterprise Template
I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? -- Carla Evans Presbyterian Health Plan Hi Carla, This worked for me. What error message(s) did you get? -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Carla Evans" wrote: > I've tried to add the Publish column set to the value of Yes to an Enterprise > project template but the column will not save. Any ideas? > -- > Carla Evans > Presbyterian Healt...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Cannot delete the user in MS GP 9
Hi I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time i can delete the same user by logging into the other company 'Fabrikam'. I'm using GP9.0 (English), MS SQL server 2000 SP4, The message is 'Message id '7465' does not exist' and Fails. Can some body help me in this issue. can any body reply to my request...It is critical.. -- GP Consultant "GP Consultant" wrote: > Hi > I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time > i can delete the same user by logging into the other comp...

Email Templates for Cases
I set up workflow to send an email when a case is ASSIGNED. However, using the email template for cases does not allow for me to select the recipient for the email. I would like it to go to the person that is assigned to the case. However, it sends the email to the customer of the case. Is there a way to change this so I can state who I want the email to go to? Or must I use another email template? Any help is appreciated! Kate, Unfortunately, when you use Workflow to send an email, you have 2 choices: 1) Select the recipient or 2) Use a template. For some reason, they don...

Deleting Autofill options
When I type a name in say the "TO" box after 3 letters it suggest any respective matches. (So far so good) I would like to delete a few of the "matches" (people I never send email to anymore). I'm not sure where and how I need to delete these people, but would love to know. Is there someone out there who knows? Thanks! Craig When you start to type the name and a list drops down, use your arrow key to highlight a name and press your delete key. This will remove it from that autocomplete list. >-----Original Message----- >When I type a name in say th...

Can't add new columns
This has been a problem with my worksheets and those of others in my office, especially if converted from lotus 123 originally. When trying to insert new columns in a worksheet, get the error message: "To prevent possible loss of data, Excel cannot shift nonblank shells off the worksheet. Try to locate the last nonblank cell by pressing CRTL + END and delete or clear all cells in between the last cell and the end of your data. Then select cell A1 and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or you can move the data to a new location and try again." Even when you do t...

Default email for all new email boxes
It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all new employees. Is there a way to do this by default with Exchange? To automatically send the same email to all new email boxes that are created.....forever. Seems like it should be doable, but I haven't been able to find a way, nor have I found the correct words to search on this. Any help is appreciated. On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:00:03 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It's been requested that we send out a new employee orientation email to all >new employees. Is th...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...