Vacation Request Approval Outlook

Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone
other than the sender?

I would like to automate this process:

I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my
supervisors and my manager.  My supervisors will then approve (or deny) my
request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager thus
informing everyone on the invite list.

I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now.  any
ideas???

Thanks in advance.

0
Some

You have the option of having replies sent to someone other than yourself.
You don't mention what version of Outlook you're using?

Steps may be similar to these:

Open a new email > Click on the Options button (or click on View > Options)
> check the box that says "Have replies sent to" and choose your
recipient(s).

--

Kathleen Orland

"Some User" <someone@home.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone
> other than the sender?
>
> I would like to automate this process:
>
> I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my
> supervisors and my manager.  My supervisors will then approve (or deny) my
> request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager thus
> informing everyone on the invite list.
>
> I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now.  any
> ideas???
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Orland
5/3/2010 1:29:47 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.  BTW, I am using Outlook 2003 while some staff
are using Outlook 2007.

"Orland, Kathleen" <korland@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You have the option of having replies sent to someone other than yourself.
> You don't mention what version of Outlook you're using?
>
> Steps may be similar to these:
>
> Open a new email > Click on the Options button (or click on View >
> Options)
>> check the box that says "Have replies sent to" and choose your
> recipient(s).
>
> --
>
> Kathleen Orland
>

> "Some User" <someone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to have the results of a calendar invite sent to someone
>> other than the sender?
>>
>> I would like to automate this process:
>>
>> I send a vacation request via calendar invite in outlook to three of my
>> supervisors and my manager.  My supervisors will then approve (or deny)
>> my
>> request but would like the response to go automatically to my manager
>> thus
>> informing everyone on the invite list.
>>
>> I'm guessing it could be done through vba but i'm a little rusty now.
>> any
>> ideas???
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

0
Some

HTo set Outlook to open w
How can I setup outlook to open to the my current calendar when I open it each day? kelandjr@yahoo.com tools, options, other, advanced options - select the calendar folder from the list at the top of the page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vo...

Outlook Web Access #28
Using Outlook 2000. Had setup Outlook Web Access some months ago. As of last week, users cannot connect via a web browser. Using the following url convention: http://mail.domain.com/exchange any ideas concerning what might rectify this? thanks... >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook 2000. Had setup Outlook Web Access some >months ago. As of last week, users cannot connect via a >web browser. Using the following url convention: > >http://mail.domain.com/exchange > >any ideas concerning what might rectify this? > >thanks... >. >I know that when ...

Outlook 2000 attachment problems Windows XP/2003
Hi, I have been having this problem with outlook 2000 that I have searched all over the place for but can't find an answer, hope anyone can help me. Firstly, I have installed outlook 2000 on both Windows 2000 ,Windows XP and Windows 2003 with the SR-1 patch all security updates and SP3. When I VPN into the office and retreive email from Exchange 5.5 (therefore I am in corporate and workgroup mode), in Windows 2000 the message body is downloaded first and displayed on the preview pane without the need to download the attachments (if any exists). In Windows XP/2000 however both the ...

request time out in 2003 server
HI .ALL, I am connecting two pc with network cross cable,there is windows 2003 operating system in both pc,but when i ping the ip of other pc from first pc it is showing "request time out"i have check the ip of both system they are 192.168.1.4 and in other system 192.168.1.5,the cable is also checked and firewall is also of but they are still not be connected with each other.i have try all the possible way for connecting like dns,getway.one more thing if i m connecting both pc on windows xp they are easyli con...

Outlook #54
Can I create an additional identity in Outlook. I was using Outlook Express for the family and three of us were able to use Express. Post your Outlook version. If it is earlier than 2002, post your mail support mode as well. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Diane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005501c3aba9$fba6ef30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can I create an additional identity in Outlook. I was > using Outlook Express for the family and three of us were > able to use Express. ...

Outlook recurring active appointments view
I created multiple recurring appointments in Outlook at 9am, you can't view these in day mode but you could change view to view active appointments only and filter just those, well that work for the first occurrence but each occurrence after that you cant view them on a specific day. I want to view the list of recurring appointments due every 30 days on tues. I can't find a filter that will allow only the recurring events due on a specific day to show up. You can only show recurring start/end days. Now I cant print list view of all the things that need to be done at 9am the followi...

Avoid creation of new folders in my document when I open outlook?
Hi, each times I open Outlook, new folders are cretaed in my documents and each times I attach files to an email, Outlook creats new folders in the file where the attach file was. How can I avoid this? is this a dell laptop with media direct? if so, uninstall the outlook setup add-in. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outl...

Request data popup
our Microsoft exchange server is running server 2000 and I am running WinXP when the system sends me an administrator message the system just keeps requesting data and it never goes away is there a fix for this problem. Thanks Keith ...

Can I password protect a folder in Outlook?
I want to protect a folder I created with a password You can password protect the entire .pst but not individual folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, glynne asked: | I want to protect a folder I created with a password ...

what is the "Request/Demand" field?
What is the "Request/Demand" field used for and/or what information does it represent. In article <F375A837-9364-4E61-B3E6-DF252953FF7B@microsoft.com>, Russ McGaffin <Russ McGaffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the "Request/Demand" field used for and/or what information does it > represent. Russ, The best way to find out about most Project fields is to hover your mouse over the field title. A popup will appear wherein you can select the specific help file on that field. The field is user entered and can be used to specif...

Multiple users in OUTLOOK #2
Does anyone know how I can add an outlook user, allowing them to have their own calendar? Email is not important, just calander and contacts. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Create a new profile. Control panel, Mail. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.ne...

Forward my Outlook to my pirvate email account.
I was wondering if I can have my email in outlook automatically forwarded to my my private personal account at home. I hate coming to work after my days off and seeing 50 unread emails in my box. Thanks Dennis Miles What kind of mail system do you use at work? If you use Exchange server, you can use Outlook Web Access if your admins have installed it/opened it up from the Internet, or they can set alternate delivery on your mailbox to forward a copy of all messages to your home account. The former is preferred as it doesn't leave you with two copies of messages & sent items that ...

Outlook 'autocomplete'
I've noticed in Outlook Express, when typing an email address, it will sometimes autocomplete (I'm assuming this is linked to Internet Explorer autocomplete). i.e. you type jim and it will fill the rest of the email address in for you... jim.bob@jimmybob.com Is there a way to get Outlook to do this? TIA, H Depends on your version, which you did not post. Outlook 2003 and 2003 have an autocomplete feature. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Huwy" <H@H.co.uk> wrote in message news:eaqhM9I7DHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've noticed in Outlook Express, when...

Vacation Accrued
I would be interested in having the system accrue vacation pay based on the employee anniversary dates �not the calendar year and then somehow having that segregated from the current accrual � which is technically for next years vacation. I wonder if this is possible and how. Thank you, Liliana Hi Liliana, This would require customization - I could build this for you. If interested just post your email address and I'll contact you. "Liliana" wrote: > I would be interested in having the system accrue vacation pay based > on the employee anniversary dates –not the cale...

Outlook 2002 stripping again
I have Outlook 2002 installed. Fully patched. I also have Symantec AV Corp edition 9.0 installed. I have an issue and i don't know where exactly to begin troubleshooting it. First I can send an e-mail to a user and they get it fine He reply to my e-mail and i get the little balloon that shows up and i can see some of his response. When i click on the balloon hyperlink to open the rest of the e-mail all his text is gone. It is like it is stripping everything he types out. any clues? ...

Vacation Expenses
I've been using Money for years and every time I go on vacation I am torn between tracking all vacation expenses as such or categorizing everything the way I normally do (i.e. Vacation: Travel vs Automobile: Gasoline). On one hand I would have a better understanding of how much it really costs to be on vacation and on the other I'd have more accurate numbers regarding specific categories. I guess I'm just wondering what other people's opinions are on this. Please chime in. Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==--...

outlook #148
My outlook will not default to my email folder and therefore won't open. This started happening when I removed a trial verison of office 2003. Can anyone tell me how to get my old outlook back? samtax <samtax@access995.com> wrote: > My outlook will not default to my email folder and therefore won't > open. This started happening when I removed a trial verison of office > 2003. Can anyone tell me how to get my old outlook back? Outlook 2003's PST file format is not downward compatible with prior versions of Outlook. You;ll need to reinstall OL2003, create a 97-2...

Avoid warning message from outlook when open it from a form 02-18-08
Sorry for repost but I haven't see the answer.(Just back from leave).Below is my problem: I have a module to sent email from access with attachment is a pdf Access report. But when trying to display outlook new message window, outlook send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose "NO" I choose yes and click it,but this message will appear as many as outlook contacts listed in my form listbox.( olTo ). How to make this message dissapear? Tha...

outlook time
everytime i send or recieve an email it shows a different time from the real time meaning if i send an email to my self(example) at 2:00 it appears as 12:00 in outllok 2003 happneds with every mail i get its confusing me please help Check sys time settings and OL calendar time settings "william" <william@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD13E85-738E-4126-9BD0-BE45B36D98B2@microsoft.com... > everytime i send or recieve an email it shows a different time from the real > time meaning if i send an email to my self(example) at 2:00 it appears as > 12:...

Request To Shorten A Formula
Hello, don't want to be pest on my Duplicate Questions, but I was hoping someone could give me a shorter formula for the one I have here. I have 31 sheets representing 31 days (DAY1 - DAY31), of the calender in which I check for dupes in the Phone Number Column E6-E35 in all sheets, This is the Formula that works, but I want it shorter if Possible.. Thanks for any Help: =SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("DAY"&{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31}&"!E6:E35"),"="&E6)) -- Mhz ----------------------------------...

Slow pasting from Outlook 2002
Recently I have encountered a problem with Outlook 2002 that I have been unable to resolve. Outlook 2002 (10.6856.6858) SP3 is installed on Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600) Whenever I copy text to the clipboard from a contact, appointment, or other form in Outlook, pasting that text into any OTHER application is extremely slow. Task Manager shows that Outlook takes most of the processor cycles for several seconds beginning when I execute the Paste command, and ending when the text appears in the receiving application. I have not observed any comparable sl...

Outlook client problems 02-08-06
Hi all, I have 4 pc's, all at different sites, experiencing the same issue. 3 x Desktop clients and 1 x Laptop client. Install goes through fine, once installed I open Outlook and it hangs. It takes 20 or so seconds to hang, but in the mean time you can browse inbox and CRM without issue (loads quick). Outlook hangs and cannot be closed by any other than ending the outlook.exe process. Frustrating and I cannot find a thing on it! Any ideas/info aooreciated! Regards, Nathan Hello Nathan, I’m having the exact same problem. I have six users on CRM that are not having any proble...

Outlook Forwading deleted attachments
Hi All, First time in your newsgroup (normally in the SBS newsgroup) but as this is product specific I thought it best to ask in here. Ok my client has outlook 2003 What it does initially seemed a bit odd but after seeing why its actually quite useful He basically sends an email with a word attachment to recipient A now he wants to send exactly the same email but with a different attachments so he goes to Sent Items, selects email sent to A, selects the option to Forward and selects a new recipient. deletes the attachment and adds the new attachments back to it, then sends it off fin...

Serious Outlook Problem
Help! Outlook 2003 is behaving badly. Outlook opens, and downloads emails, but I can't send, forward reply to or open emails. The only thing I can do is read my emails through the preview pane. I've tried a repair and took Word off as the word processor and rebooted, but it didn't help. My virus software is up to date. It's a good thing my outlook express is still working. Can someone help? Thanks. What error do you get when you try to send? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service...

Calculate Employee Vacation Due
I am trying to calculate when an employee is due his vacation. He gets 40 hours after 6 months of service from hire date. 80 hours on Jan 1 of the year following his first anniversary of hir date. 120 hours on Jan 1 seven years after ist anniversary of hire date -- SilverM7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SilverM78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26264 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "SilverM78...