Utility to list size of attachments

Office 2007 SP2
Windows XP SP3

My goal is to find and delete large attachments from my Outlook.pst file so
the pst does not become too large.

Is there a utility which will scan through the Outlook.pst file and display
a sorted list of attachments by size. I could then delete the emails which
have very large attachments.

Thanks in advance.

A simple google search on the term "Outlook attachments" will result in a
wide variety of available 3rd party options. Whether any do exactly what
you're asking about in terms of a sorted list is something that you would
need to check.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

> Office 2007 SP2
> Windows XP SP3
>
> My goal is to find and delete large attachments from my Outlook.pst file
> so
> the pst does not become too large.
>
> Is there a utility which will scan through the Outlook.pst file and
> display
> a sorted list of attachments by size. I could then delete the emails
> which
> have very large attachments.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Karl
4/18/2010 5:03:05 PM
John wrote:

> Office 2007 SP2
> Windows XP SP3
>
> My goal is to find and delete large attachments from my Outlook.pst file so
> the pst does not become too large.
>
> Is there a utility which will scan through the Outlook.pst file and display
> a sorted list of attachments by size. I could then delete the emails which
> have very large attachments.
>
> Thanks in advance.

So what's the problem with sorting on the Size column (in descending order)
to see which are the biggest e-mails (which means they are likely to have
the biggest attachment)?  Then edit the big e-mails to delete the
attachments.
0
VanguardLH
4/18/2010 8:35:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

My panel width was narrow so I did not see that there was a size column. As
soon as I read your suggestion, I realized I needed to widen the panel until
I could see a size column. Thanks for making that clear.
John wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> My panel width was narrow so I did not see that there was a size column. As
> soon as I read your suggestion, I realized I needed to widen the panel until
> I could see a size column. Thanks for making that clear.

You can also drag around the columns to reposition them.  If there are more
columns than can be shown in the current width, there should be a scroll bar
to see the out-of-window columns.
0
VanguardLH

Sort table list by description
Not a newbie to Access but I am new to 2007. How do you sort the list of tables by table description? My efficiency has tanked just trying to navigate around. Click on menu VIEW - Details to show Name, Description, Modified, etc. Then click on the label to sort differently. Click the label again reverses the sort. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "nnorberg@mwdh2o.com" wrote: > Not a newbie to Access but I am new to 2007. How do you sort the list > of tables by table description? My efficiency has tanked just trying > to navigate around. > Sorting ...

Tree Listing
Hi, I have many CDs all with drivers on them. I would like to create an excel database which will show all of the drivers by manufacturer. I have seen a spreadsheet which has the + sign at the side of a cell and when clicked opens a list but I cannot remember where it was or how to do it. Can anyone help me out here Regards Jon Hi John it's called outlining and can be found under tools / group & outline ... Cheers JulieD "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:Op7JkW9zEHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have many CDs all wi...

email list in CRM
Hello, i was asking how to show all the domain users in the CRM web access email list, as they are shown only if we are using the sales for outlook, so is it applicable to show them in the web interface, and if yes, how can i do that? -- Regards, Marwa Home Page > Settings > Business Unit Settings > Users -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com My CRM blog can also be found at http://www.dynamics-crm.com "marwa" wrote: > Hello, > > i was asking how to show all the domain users in the CRM web access email > list, as they are shown only if we ar...

Strip email attachments based on sender #2
Due to virus problems, our IT group would like to strip all attachments from emails, unless the email was sent by a member of our domain. Is there a way to do this via group policy or scripting? Or any other method, for that matter. We are running Exchange 2003 SP1, and our clients use Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance. On 26 Jul 2005 13:31:28 -0700, niccihoward@gmail.com hired a team of monkeys to write: >Due to virus problems, our IT group would like to strip all attachments >from emails, unless the email was sent by a member of our domain. Is >there a way to do this via group ...

Backup Utility
How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it disappears from the "File" tab. Thanks Reinstall might help http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=50663FD1-DBAD-4705-B915-E4CF683E70FE&freetext=backup&DisplayLang=en David "Zanji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205501c3e101$90ea31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it > disappears from the "File" tab. > > Thanks I have tried Reinstall a couple times without success, also gone as far as ...

If word from list selected adjoining cell to downfill with a code
If a word is selected from a drop-down list, is there a formula I can use to colour code the adjoining cell? Use conditional formatting http://www.contextures.com/xlcondformat02.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Mon" wrote: > If a word is selected from a drop-down list, is there a formula I can use to > colour code the adjoining cell? ...

valadation list
I have a valadation list set up in Excell 2000. Is it possible to allow the end user to edit one of the choices. In the list I have the choice "OTHER" and I would like them to be able to expand on that. Thanks Chris, Just turn off the error alert (see that tab), and any entry will be accepted, while still offering the drop-down list as an entry aid. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF241454-2B33-4066-A4B3-1E0410BF128F@microsoft.com... >I have a valadation list set up in Excell 2000. Is it possible...

Attachments appear as gibberish in the body
This has been posted the day before yesterday but since there was no answer I allowed myself to repost. I have WinXP and Office 2007 Pro VL with all updates. Afew days ago I started having a most annoying problem. Whenever I do "Send To" or Forward a mail with an attachement and there is text in the body of the mail, the attachment arrives at the destination as gibberish inside the body of the mail. If the message is a new message or there is no text in the body, the attachment arrives correctly. Also this problem is only when the mail is sent to certain types of recipie...

Global Address List does not show up.
I have a user that received a different computer, now when he starts Outlook and wishes to reply to a message, he sees his personal contacts but the Global Address List does not show up as a possible address list. This service is not in the list of available items in the "Control Panel, Mailbox, Add", I have searched the MS Knowledge Base but can't find how to add this service for this user, any help? Our environment is, Exchange Server 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, Client is Windows 2000 Pro, with Outlook 2000. On the toolbar, click on the address book icon, that will open u...

Outlook Today displays a list of my deleted Tasks.
After syncing Outlook 2003 with my Palm 515 Outlook Today displays a list of my deleted Tasks which I can't remove. Grateful for any suggestions. TIA ...

Disable people picker in a sharepoint list
Dear all, I would like to disable the users/groups picker field in a SharePoint list (NewForm.aspx). I managed to disable the field itself (text box) but it's still possible to click on the "Browse" button and search for people that then get eneterd in the field. Is there a way to disable the browsing? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you will delete that column. 1. Settings>List settings>Click you wnat column name on Colums category. 2. Click "delete" button. And then you can make other column. "Hrvoje" wrote: > ...

charting a filtered list
is it possible to chart a list that has been filtered via autofilter? my chart shows all data; even from the rows that the filter has hidden. Select chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, check Plot Visible Cells Only. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "cathyh" <cathyh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8048E6D8-2AC9-4AA3-A74C-06E66D216402@microsoft.com... > is it possible to chart a list that has been filtered via autofilter? my ...

copy utility
Hi The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it cannot read one file during the copy process, explorer just give error message and skip all remaining files. Then I have no idea how may files have been copied unless to compare. It is painful when I copy huge amount of files. Is there any utility can solve this problem? "wu" <fqwu2003@126.com.discuss> wrote in message news:#cKaZQy4KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it > cannot read one file d...

Global Address List Restrictions
Hi everyone, Anybody knows if it’s possible restrict or audit access to the Global Address List, more specific when someone is adding a contact in his personal address list or exporting the entire list? I’m looking for a way to minimize a possibility of information leakage; avoiding the possibility of someone sells our mailing list. Regards, Khalil Zamai You can turn up ad logging for the ntds.dit on the offline address list container. being that everybody including all system accounts have access to read from this container you should be able to get something. Just watch out becaus...

Sending emails with attachments #2
I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as an attachment.. "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:Gc2dnWGZpeyIn07YnZ2dnUVZ_qGjnZ2d@comcast.com... >I would like to know when sending files by email, if there is a way to have >the file open when the email is opened rather than have the file arrive as >an attachment.. You and every spammer in the world would love this option. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk ...

Global address list #34
How do i arrange the global address list to show Last Name, followed by the First Name (Last Name, First Name)? http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_GAL_custom_display.htm -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "NetWolve" <NetWolve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6591E30A-0C84-4A68-A536-A377134D3196@microsoft.com... > How do i arrange the global address list to show Last Name, followed by > the > First Name (Last Name, First Name)? Hi, NetWolve wrote: > How do i arrange the global address li...

No Contact list
When I click the "TO" box in new messages, the contact book no longer opens. How can I restore this function? If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked? If this is grayed out... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book ...

Outlook Express Keeps deleting file attachements
I've recently re-directed my pop accounts through Outlook Express after updating my system from Microsoft - now it appears that all attachements are being deleted from incoming e-mails, even when I know that source is secure. Can someone tell me how to change the filter levels (or whatever they are called) so that this stops happening? Thank you. samb <samantha_bourne@ekno.com> wrote: > I've recently re-directed my pop accounts through Outlook > Express after updating my system from Microsoft - now it > appears that all attachements are being deleted from > in...

Changing Default Address list
When my users look at their Outlook address book, I need it to display the "All Users" address list instead of the "Global Address List". How can I make this change for all users from the server? I know that I can change this setting if I go to each computer and change it in outlook, but that's not practical with the number of users we have. I need to be able to change everyone's default at once. Thanks for any help. ...

Mailing list
Is there any way to get Exchange 2003 to handle a discussion mailing list? I'm pretty sure the answer is a big fat 'no' but when Googling some sites suggested there might be a way. Failing that can anyone recommend a good (preferably free!) list server app? r. A distribution group works fine for this, except you won't have automated subscriptions and other listserv style features. You could even use a public folder as a member of the group to store an archive of the discussion. This is not free, but it extends the distribution group functionality to make it more of...

Importing email address list into General Mailbox Exch 2003
I have a list of + - 200 smtp addresses in PST format (Contact Folder) and want to import it into the General address group so that everyone can see them, I do not want to do each one manually, time consuming, pls help any ideas would be welcome, thanks SPG <SPG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a list of + - 200 smtp addresses in PST format (Contact Folder) and >want to import it into the General address group so that everyone can see >them, I do not want to do each one manually, time consuming, pls help any >ideas would be welcome, thanks You can export the...

Stop "attachments of message have changed...do you want to save?"
How do I stop receiving this message for any message for which I have merely opened an attachment, without making any change to it? This greatly depends on your version of Outlook and the type of attachment. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/175 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "DaveHause" <DaveHause@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

how to synchronize hotmail contacht list with outlook
-- The search continues A Subscription that uses the MSN Connector will allow Hotmail Contacts to be accessed in Outlook. After that you can just copy them to your Outlook Contacts. It's a manual process. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Robert L." <warriors@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:08A76F82-4426-4F20-8459-CBE830C04043@microsoft.com... > > -- > The search continues ...

packing list
can some one help please i would like to add lines to the item on my packing list it would help when picking the items if the list is long use sub description 1,2,3 options in Items, and then in the configruation enable to print the sub description if you would like. "hozay" wrote: > can some one help please > i would like to add lines to the item on my packing list > it would help when picking the items if the list is long > > > ...

Uknown error on send attachment.
I have a code in a form command button and a module code to send attachments like .pdf, .doc or other besides an .snp report that is exported previously, but the code does not work, I can't find the reason, can you please take a look at it and advise?.. Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.. Form Code ======================================== Private Sub sendreport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_sendreport_Click If Me.[Path_Loc1] <> "" Then 'Declare file path Dim strfile As String strfile = Me.[Path_Loc1] 'save report as Snap Shot before sendin...