using word 2007 as email form in outlook 2002

I can't get outlook 2002 to use my new word 2007 as the default email form.
I was using word 95 and my outlook used it.  I tried to tell outlook to use
word 2007 but it keeps trying to configure word 2007 but I end up right back
at the html format.

what give here?

Outlook doesn't know where to find word (it's no longer in /office/ but
/office12/), but I don't think it will work if you do a custom install of
word into the office directory.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"BillC" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't get outlook 2002 to use my new word 2007 as the default email
> form.
> I was using word 95 and my outlook used it.  I tried to tell outlook to
> use
> word 2007 but it keeps trying to configure word 2007 but I end up right
> back
> at the html format.
>
> what give here?

0
Diane
11/23/2009 2:34:56 AM
"BillC" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't get outlook 2002 to use my new word 2007 as the default email
> form.

Correct.

> I was using word 95 and my outlook used it.

shouldn't think so.....

>  I tried to tell outlook to use
> word 2007 but it keeps trying to configure word 2007 but I end up right
> back
> at the html format.
>
> what give here?

Outlook and Word have always had to be the same version AFAIK. That's why
you can't.

0
Gordon
11/23/2009 5:00:30 PM
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Outlook and Word have always had to be the same version AFAIK. That's why
> you can't.

Actually, I recall that Outlook 2000 was able to use Word from either Office
97 or Office 2000.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/24/2009 3:14:48 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Outlook and Word have always had to be the same version AFAIK. That's why
>> you can't.
>
> Actually, I recall that Outlook 2000 was able to use Word from either
> Office 97 or Office 2000.

You may be right - it's many years since I used Outlook 2000, and then as
part of Office 2000 anyway.....

0
Gordon
11/24/2009 3:25:03 PM
Thanks Fellows - I am giving up.  I might just go back to my Word 95.  I am
use to it and it stores files as doc.  I feel that when I put Word 2007 in
doc compatability mode it runs slower anyway!

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> Outlook and Word have always had to be the same version AFAIK. That's why
> >> you can't.
> >
> > Actually, I recall that Outlook 2000 was able to use Word from either
> > Office 97 or Office 2000.
>
> You may be right - it's many years since I used Outlook 2000, and then as
> part of Office 2000 anyway.....
>
> .

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

Why does Excel lag Word in the simple stuff?
Like choosing the default file location in Office 2007? Like having to alter basic Windows parameters just to change the default type for comments? Little stuff that says a lot about the quality of Microsoft programming and interface design. For several versions Microsoft said it was impossible, personal correspondence, to have combo-boxes in Word forms without writing macros although they were coded into Access. Voila, combo-boxes achieve the impossible in Word 2007. Ya gotta love (or something opposite) those guys . . Either way you get to pay full OS prices for Vista SP3 aka Win 7. ...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Split Form Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2. When I first open a split form there is no data in the navigation bar at = the bottom of the form. It doesn't show the record number or the number of records. Only when I select a row does anything show in the nav bar. Is this normal?? James ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01CAAF13.FE651FC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encod...

oUTLOOK 2003 12-16-09
I bought a new pc with Vista os and set up my email account. I hit send receive and the start dat is going back to January 2009 and over 8,000 emails need to be received. How can I change this so it only downloads last 15-30 days? Thanks Bill It all depends on which account type you are using. If you are using POP3, move all the messages that you do not wish to download to a separate folder on the server and then start Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, ...

email que #2
I recieved a concern that email was not being recieved until some time after it was sent. After looking into the situation I found that the messages were hanging in the que. ex. If I look in the que a message will be ther from 1 hour ago, What would cause this and how do I fix this so email is sent immideatley?? ...

Outlook XP VB Security Issue
Hi There I have a problem between a database program and Outlook. We are using Windows XP, Office XP, everything is service packed. Specifically, when we use the email function from the database program, it prompts as follows: "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus ......" Yes, No, Help." The problem here is that when performing an email to potentially several hunderd or even a couple of thousand people, waiting 5 seconds each time to be able to press Y is a major drama. If ...

Word 2007 won't start
I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to current patch/fix levels. Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen, including a list of recovered documents. Before the startup sequence finishes, I get an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working." I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck. I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the next step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office. Any other ideas? Thanks! Michael L. Wyland Sumpti...

Send email
Hey I have this code for sending email which I get it from MS HELP. I want to send email when txtAgedDay = -1 and I want it to automatically send without I need to open the form and it can only send once...Any idea? Sub SendMessage(Optional AttachmentPath) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment ' Create the Outlook session. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' Create the message. Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.Cr...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

scatter plots using pivot table data