Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?

I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come
with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like
to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail
Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for
Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003.

Is there a way to use Word as my email editor?

Thanks,
tfall

No. Version must match. It has been ever thus.
--
Russ Valentine
"tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come
> with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would
> like
> to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's
> Tools/Options/Mail
> Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option
> for
> Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003.
>
> Is there a way to use Word as my email editor?
>
> Thanks,
> tfall

0
Russ
4/10/2010 9:41:44 PM
tfall wrote:

> I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come
> with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like
> to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail
> Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for
> Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003.

Integration features only work when the versions are matched.

> Is there a way to use Word as my email editor?

Although you can separately purchase Outlook 2007, the standalone version
will be missing integration features with components that were in the Office
2007 product.  I'm not sure which integration features are lost with the
standlone version install.

See if you can return the H&S edition of Office 2007 to get another edition
that DOES include Outlook 2007.  Or revert to Office 2003 since all of its
editions included Outlook 2003 (I got my Office 2003 for just $40 on eBay
but after searching for many months and skipping the iffy sellers to ensure
that I got a legitimate copy).
0
VanguardLH
4/11/2010 2:35:36 AM
Thanks much

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> tfall wrote:
>
> > I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come
> > with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like
> > to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail
> > Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for
> > Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003.
>
> Integration features only work when the versions are matched.
>
> > Is there a way to use Word as my email editor?
>
> Although you can separately purchase Outlook 2007, the standalone version
> will be missing integration features with components that were in the Office
> 2007 product.  I'm not sure which integration features are lost with the
> standlone version install.
>
> See if you can return the H&S edition of Office 2007 to get another edition
> that DOES include Outlook 2007.  Or revert to Office 2003 since all of its
> editions included Outlook 2003 (I got my Office 2003 for just $40 on eBay
> but after searching for many months and skipping the iffy sellers to ensure
> that I got a legitimate copy).
> .

Thanks much

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> No. Version must match. It has been ever thus.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come
> > with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would
> > like
> > to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's
> > Tools/Options/Mail
> > Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option
> > for
> > Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003.
> >
> > Is there a way to use Word as my email editor?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > tfall
>
> .

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

Go Offline in Outlook fails with SQL General Error
Hello After sometimes going offline in Outlook CRM Client I get an SQL General Error and the process cancels. I can repair that using the Diagnose program of the CRM Client. There I saw an message which says Outlook Client Subcription is corrupt. In the Eventlog I found following Error Message: Ereignistyp: Fehler Ereignisquelle: MSCRMOfflineSync Ereigniskategorie: Keine Ereigniskennung: 6000 Datum: 21.05.2008 Zeit: 18:10:13 Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend Computer: NB169 Beschreibung: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. So...

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Why does Excel lag Word in the simple stuff?
Like choosing the default file location in Office 2007? Like having to alter basic Windows parameters just to change the default type for comments? Little stuff that says a lot about the quality of Microsoft programming and interface design. For several versions Microsoft said it was impossible, personal correspondence, to have combo-boxes in Word forms without writing macros although they were coded into Access. Voila, combo-boxes achieve the impossible in Word 2007. Ya gotta love (or something opposite) those guys . . Either way you get to pay full OS prices for Vista SP3 aka Win 7. ...

using forms

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Word 2007 won't start
I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to current patch/fix levels. Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen, including a list of recovered documents. Before the startup sequence finishes, I get an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working." I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck. I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the next step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office. Any other ideas? Thanks! Michael L. Wyland Sumpti...

Outlook XP VB Security Issue
Hi There I have a problem between a database program and Outlook. We are using Windows XP, Office XP, everything is service packed. Specifically, when we use the email function from the database program, it prompts as follows: "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus ......" Yes, No, Help." The problem here is that when performing an email to potentially several hunderd or even a couple of thousand people, waiting 5 seconds each time to be able to press Y is a major drama. If ...

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...