URGENT - acn't download hotmail emails to outlook from after 9/09

Hi,
I have outlook 2003.  For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail
account properly.  it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and
then nothing after that.  Does any one know how to fix this?
Thanks
Gavin

Gav wrote:

> I have outlook 2003.  For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail
> account properly.  it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and
> then nothing after that.  Does any one know how to fix this?

A just how long is "awhile"?  Half a year, maybe?

Cutoff for DAV access to Hotmail ended on September 1, 2009.  Microsoft
switched to Deltasync as their HTTP communications protocol to their webmail
service.  E-mail clients that support only DAV for HTTP access will no
longer be able to use it to access Hotmail.  Your choices after the cutoff
are:

- Use POP to access your Hotmail account.
- Use a Deltasync-enabled client to see all the folders in your webmail
  account for IMAP-like access.
- Use the webmail interface that has always been there even before
  Microsoft bought Hotmail.

Also see http://www.howto-outlook.com/news/hotmailaccessforbidden.htm

POP has no concept of folders.  It only understands a mailbox where ALL your
e-mails reside.  Because POP doesn't use folders, there are no commands
within the Post Office Protocol to navigate or select folders.  It only has
access to your mailbox.  The mailbox that POP can access is the Inbox folder
you see when using the webmail client to your account.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_office_protocol
http://communication.howstuffworks.com/email.htm
http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/pop_basics.htm
http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/how_pop_works.htm

Hotmail has never had and still doesn't have IMAP access.  IMAP lets you
access other folders in your e-mail account (or, more accurately, those
folders to which you have subscribed).  Microsoft has hinted that they may
make IMAP access possible in the future but no Hotmail user is going to pend
using their account until if and whenever IMAP access shows up.

The only way to have local access to the non-Inbox folders in your Hotmail
account is to use Deltasync (DAV support died on 01-SEP-2009).  This
protocol makes available all your folders that you defined using either the
Deltasync-enabled e-mail client (which then replicates that local folder on
the server) or syncs to those folders you created using the webmail client.
If you want IMAP-like access to your Hotmail account, you'll need to use
either the webmail client or a local e-mail client that supports Deltasync,
which are:

- Windows Live Mail (replaces Outlook Express and Vista's Windows Mail).
- Outlook 2003/2007 *plus* the Outlook Connector add-on.  The add-on
  adds Deltasync support since no version of Outlook natively supports
  Deltasync.  The add-on doesn't work with prior versions of Outlook.
- Use a screen-scraper proxy or e-mail client that tries to navigate the
  web pages for the webmail client to Hotmail.

There are some screen scraper proxies or clients that will try to navigate
the web pages that makeup the webmail interface for Hotmail.  That is, they
are coded to walk through the Hotmail web site.  They act like a local
POP-to-HTTP proxy.  You configure a POP account in your e-mail client that
connects to this protocol converter proxy that then uses HTTP to walk
through the Hotmail web site.  They aren't reliable.  FreePOPs, YahooPOPs
(for use with Yahoo Mail only), and Thunderbird with its Webmail proxy are
such types of screen-scraper clients.  If the webmail interface changes then
these screen-scraper clients will fail.  You cannot get your e-mails using
them until their author gets around to making their web-walking code match
the changes to the web site.  Since they provide POP access through their
converter proxy, you only get access to your mailbox (which is the Inbox
folder shown in the webmail client).  Since you use POP to connect to the
protocol converter proxy, you won't get IMAP or Deltasync access to the
other folders available in the webmail client.  Since Hotmail, even for free
accounts, has POP access, there is no point in using a screen scraper to
access Hotmail.
0
VanguardLH

how to get info from outlook express to outlook
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER. ON MY OLD COMPUTER I WAS USING OUTLOOK EXPRESS AND NOW I WANT TO USE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK ON MY NEW COMPUTER. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY INFORMATION OFF MY OLD ONE TO MY NEW ONE. I HAVE FOLDERS SET UP IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT EMAILS IN THERE. I DIDN'T KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO GET ALL M INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO MY NEW COMPUTER FROM MY OLD ONE. PLEASE HELP. THANKS BECKY You need to fix your more serious problem, the broken caps lock key, before we can help you with your question. "becky" <bsba@watchtv.net&g...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS 02-21-10
IS THERE ANY WAY TO DELETE A MESSAGE SENT IN ERROR. EMERGENCY. HELP ME PLEASE Not directly! Once you send an email, it resides on the recipient's ISP's server and if the recipient has downlpaded his email message, it resides on the recipient's computer (and alsp may still reside on the ISP's server). Your only chance is to call the recipient's ISP and ask if the recipient has downloaded hos email. If noy, ask the ISP to delete the email from the server. Steve santus@penn.com "Dick G./AKA: Richard" <grismo@verizon.net> wrote in me...

Downloading bank transactions
Get message saying "file import successful" then go into accounts list and relevant account but transactions just downloaded not shown. Any help much appreciated CCL In microsoft.public.money, C.C.LONGTHORP wrote: >Get message saying "file import successful" then go into accounts list and >relevant account but transactions just downloaded not shown. >Any help much appreciated Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. You might want to decrease the size of the Tools->InternetOption...

Outlook Rules
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Email from Publisher
This is my first attempt to email from within Publisher 2003. I have run into 2 problems I don't understand. I'm sending with the Publisher page imbedded in the message area (not as an attachment). The first test I ran I set my Outlook Options to display as plain text so that I could check to make sure a "if you have trouble reading this click HERE" text box in the document would get displayed (for those with HTML turned off). I get some of the text boxes but not all (including the one above). Why? Second, I have two versions of the Publisher page. The one that I...

email from Japan in Japanese
Why do I see the body of the email correctly (in Japanese) but the subject line gets one ? for each character that outlook 2002 can't decode? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Scott ...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

Searching a Public Folder to determine Bounced emails
I have setup a Public Folder to accept all of our bounced messages, and I am trying to see if anyone knows of a script which allows me to scan this folder and extract all of the bounced email addresses. ...

Where is MS official MFC 7.1 cabinet for downloaded ActiveX contro
I am packaging my ActiveX Control written by VS .NET 2003 into a cabinet and it depends on MFC71.dll and msvcr71.dll two dlls. The INI file of ActiveX Control written by VC++ 6.0 could instruct IE to download MFC 4.2 cabinet distribution file from Microsoft by this line "file-win32-x86=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vc/mfc42.cab". What is URL of "mfc71.cab" provided by Microsoft? Or I have to pack them into my cab myself? Thanks, Richard Rau ...

GP 9.0 Receiving Transaction Entry Subtotal calculation incorrect
I recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and I'm getting an unusual problem with Receiving Transaction Entry. I go through the motions of selecting a project, cost cat, item and Qty. Tabbing over to the unit cost field pulls the item cost correctly but the subtotal calculation that occurs is random. Sometimes it will calculate correctly but other times the screen will flicker and the subtotal will be 5x, 9x, 2x, etc.. what it should be. It seems like the problem is application related rather than in the database because one client machine has this problem while another doesn't seems to suff...

Outlook and Outlook Express #7
I use Outlook express for sending messages and for storing email addresses and I use Outlook for backing up to from my PDA. I am on broadband and the computer is usually left on 24/7 My problem is this, every day or so I sometimes find email address in my Outlook address contacts. I didnt put them there and they gave somehow been transfered from my Outlook Express to my Outlook. I have checked everything I can to try and stop it but I must be missing something. Has anyone got any ideas? Howard ...

Email address fro list
Hi, I making a spreadsheet of all the users in my company. How do I auto populate the next cell so that it takes the first name of the user and add @domain.com (domain= our email domain) so I don't have to type up all the e-mail address of my users? Thanks, Liz It depends on how your list of names is constructed, but if you have "first_name other_names" in A1 then you can do this: =3DLOWER(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&"@domain.com" and copy down. You will need to decide what to do if you have two or more first names that are the same. Hope this helps. ...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Move emails
Hi, I use WebDAV to move emails from one folder to another folder. The moving is ok. But some of emails still show up in the original folder. I use Outlook web Access to check, they are gone. But Outlook still has them. I run WebDAV program again and couldn't find them. Is there cache in Outlook that I need to clean it? Thanks in advance. Li ...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

RSS Feeds - Duplicate downloads
Hi everyone, I've added a few RSS feeds to Outlook 2007 beta 2 such as slashdot and when new feeds are downloaded, they are downloaded in duplicates. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks folks Damon Hi Damon, Yes. It stopped after a while here. Patrick Schmid "Damon" <damon7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149117762.657798.223560@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Hi everyone, > > I've added a few RSS feeds to Outlook 2007 beta 2 such as slashdot and > when new feeds are downloaded, they are downloaded in duplicates. Has > anyone had this proble...

Outlook XP e-mail account disappears
Users e-mail account disappears with Outlook XP on Sytems running Windows XP. I must Recreate Users E-mail Account to see mailbox again. Why is this happening? Help. Thanks ...

email drop in wrong mailbox
Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. We are using exchange2003 , win2003 UserA email. susan@mydomain.com UserB email betty@mydomain.com Please help. Could be many things... Check delegates...client /server rules...delivery options ....worse case, SPYWARE, viruses...? <ray1088@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:449c1184$1@127.0.0.1... > Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. > > > We are using exchange2003 , win2003 > UserA email. susan@mydomain.com > UserB email betty@mydomain.co...

how do I uninstall and reinstall outlook
Outlook 2007 in windows 2007 - outlook won't open, pst file won't close and cannot run repair - am considering re-installing but can't figure out how...? Reinstalling rarely solves this problem. Have you checked your task manager > processes tab to see if Outlook.exe is still running even if Outlook appears to be closed? "GretaJo" <GretaJo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D465632D-1D25-42DB-90E2-88723E81B439@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007 in windows 2007 - outlook won't open, pst file won't close and > cannot run repa...

Download Report
Hi All, - CRM 3.0 I am trying to download a report for customisation. When I do, a browser window briefly opens and then disappears. So I am unable to download. I am using Vista, but the same thing happens if I do it directly on the CRM / SQL Server which is Windows 2003 R2 Server. My permissions are set up as System Administrator, but I have tried different permissions in case is was that. Do I need to be logged on as administrator? Thanks Mark It sounds like the classic pop-up blocker kicking in here. Check to make sure non are running on the client box. Taking it further check th...

outlook 2000 not responding #4
I am getting outlook 2000 locking up on me on a regular bases. I am hooked into our corporate e-mail and when on- line it will randomly lock up. if I work off-line it's ok, but then I have to hit the send/receive every so often to get my mail. Can anybody help me with this annoying issue of outlook locking up? Thank you not a very helpfull group... I guess I'll use another product. >-----Original Message----- >I am getting outlook 2000 locking up on me on a regular >bases. I am hooked into our corporate e-mail and when on- >line it will randomly lock up. if...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Outlook 2007
Is it possible to stop Reminders from popping up to Remind me of things I never wanted to be Reminded of? Like Mothers Day, St, Davids Day etc. Drives me nuts... Thanks -- Confusion will be my epitaph... Sure, open those events and turn off the reminder. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Appalachia" <Appalachia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E5...

Outlook passwords
Outlook does not retain saved passwords despite checking the box. It prompts for passwords after every shutdown and startup. What should I do? remove the profile and create a new one. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook does not retain saved passwords despite checking >the box. It prompts for passwords after every shutdown >and startup. What should I do? >. > ...