Uninstalling Outlook 2007

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand
what to do to select Outlook.

Thanks for any help and God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

0
Mark

Where exactly do you get stuck?
You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you
would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on
Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its
installation status to Not Available.

Just curious; what are you trying to achieve, or do you just want to get rid
of Outlook?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
> option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't
> understand what to do to select Outlook.
>
> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

0
Roady
12/3/2009 9:27:27 AM
I get stuck where it asks for install options, like Run on Computer, Run
first use, etc.  There is no selection to uninstall.

On the control panel I have no listing for Outlook in the Add or Remove
programs section.  There is Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Outlook
Connector, whatever that is.

My problem is that Outlook is taking too long to open  At first it would I
thought it wouldn't open, becuase it didn't seem to go past the Splash
screen, so I thought it was hung up.  But I let it go this morning, went to
sleep and after a couple hours it was loaded, but in Safemode.  Then the
authentication screens for my accounts kept popping up (my accounts are all
on remote servers), so I restarted.  It has been 45 min and still hasn't
completely loaded.

message news:O6OIbr$cKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Where exactly do you get stuck?
> You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you
> would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on
> Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set
> its installation status to Not Available.
>
> Just curious; what are you trying to achieve, or do you just want to get
> rid of Outlook?
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
>> option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't
>> understand what to do to select Outlook.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
12/3/2009 11:36:52 AM
> I get stuck where it asks for install options, like Run on Computer, Run
> first use, etc.  There is no selection to uninstall.

No, but choose the option "make unavailable"

0
Gordon
12/3/2009 11:41:53 AM
Gordon, You must mean the "Not Available" option?  Then the other programs
won't be affected?  Will it keep my account settings and .pst file intact?

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> I get stuck where it asks for install options, like Run on Computer, Run
>> first use, etc.  There is no selection to uninstall.
>
> No, but choose the option "make unavailable"

0
Mark
12/3/2009 11:50:26 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, and I get a message from before that
Outlook was terminated prmaturely (using task manager)  and whether I want
to start in safe mode.  I said no and it is going to take a long time to
load.  I had tried a backup copy of the Outlook.pst file prior to
uninstalling, but that did nothing to help.  I'm really puzzled by this.

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
> option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't
> understand what to do to select Outlook.
>
> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark
12/3/2009 12:20:01 PM
> Gordon, You must mean the "Not Available" option?  Then the other programs
> won't be affected?  Will it keep my account settings and .pst file intact?

Yes and yes.

0
Gordon
12/3/2009 12:25:13 PM
Well, that is because reinstalling won't help you with configuration issues
;-)

What is the full build number of Outlook? Help-> About
How big is your pst-file?
Which account types are you using?
Which add-ins do you have installed?
Does it work correctly in Outlook Safe Mode?
Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe
(note the space in the command)

Additional troubleshooting steps can be found at;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm

--

> I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, and I get a message from before
> that Outlook was terminated prmaturely (using task manager)  and whether I
> want to start in safe mode.  I said no and it is going to take a long time
> to load.  I had tried a backup copy of the Outlook.pst file prior to
> uninstalling, but that did nothing to help.  I'm really puzzled by this.
>

> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
>> option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't
>> understand what to do to select Outlook.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>
>> Mark A. Sam

0
Roady
message news:eobkelGdKHA.4724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Well, that is because reinstalling won't help you with configuration
> issues ;-)
>
> What is the full build number of Outlook? Help-> About

It doesn't specify a build as such, but is this what you want:
(12.0.6504.5000) SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000)

Checking further it is 6504

> How big is your pst-file?

Only 52 MB and the Archive file is only 314 MB.  Microsoft reports that good
performance can be expect up to 5 GB.

> Which account types are you using?
All Pop3.

> Which add-ins do you have installed?

No addins

> Does it work correctly in Outlook Safe Mode?

No

> Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe
> (note the space in the command)
>
> Additional troubleshooting steps can be found at;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm

I'll check this out.  Thank you.

> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>> I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, and I get a message from before
>> that Outlook was terminated prmaturely (using task manager)  and whether
>> I want to start in safe mode.  I said no and it is going to take a long
>> time to load.  I had tried a backup copy of the Outlook.pst file prior to
>> uninstalling, but that did nothing to help.  I'm really puzzled by this.
>>

>> "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007?  There seems to be an
>>> option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't
>>> understand what to do to select Outlook.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help and God Bless,
>>>
>>> Mark A. Sam

0
Mark

Cannot uninstall MSIE to reinstall with Outlook Express upgrade
I need to upgrade to the newest version of OE but to do so I would have to uninstall MSIE as The installer senses that a newer version is already installed and will not let me proceed with installation. Help?! Hi - that's odd, as OE is part of IE. Have you run Windows Update recently? Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try po...

Outlook is duplicating my emails?
Hi, I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the emails that go to my Inbox. It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 server. Please advise Akhil Do you have any rules that don't end in "Stop Processing" actions? "Akhil Gupta" <akhilstyle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:076401c39fd6$af1c48b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have outlook 2002, and it seems to duplicate all the > emails that go to my Inbox. > > It duplicates them after they are download off the pop3 > server. ...

OUtlook 2000 Refuses to Launch
Hi I'm having this problem quite a lot lately. I click on the Outlook icon and the programme doesn't launch. Then it prevents me from logging out and I get the error message: 'Outlook.Exe is not responding'. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. Thanks -- Many thanks JD ...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003
Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook 2003 In news:1170922265.333065.77950@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, snakesboy <snakesboys@gmail.com> typed: > Is outlook 2003 can directly convert Lotus Smart Suite 97 to outlook > 2003 Hi - I'd try posting this in microsoft.public.outlook, as it isn't an Exchange server issue. ...

Outlook 2003 Error #8
Having just bought a new laptop I decided to try out Office 2003 Pro on it. My problem is that when I try to access a mailbox on an Exchange server ver 4 using the Outlook 2003 client I get the following error:- "The action could not be completed. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restrictions." If I try to connect to an alternative mailbox on an Exchange server ver 5.5 it works fine!!! Where I am I going wrong? Any help much appreciated. Simon ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ...

Adding Menu Options on Right Mouse Button in Outlook 2003?
I am using outlook 2003 and I want to put some additional menus on right mouse context menu of Unread Mail Folder, is it possible ? Best Regards, Luqman Outlook does not directly expose the right-click context menu in its CommandBars collection. You will, however, see a new right-click command is when the item selected is using a custom form that includes one or more custom actions. You can also add a custom action without using a custom form, as demonstrated at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=526 Richard Kagerer has posted a code sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Problems moving outlook.pst from one computer to another
Folks, [Please include victor@whyaduck.org in your reply, as my direct access to these newsgroups is limited.] In an attempt to transfer all of my Outlook content from one computer to another, I moved the entire outlook.pst file from one computer to the other, renaming the old outlook.pst on the receiving computer to old-outlook.pst, and storing the new outlook.pst in the same place. Both computers are running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. For the most part this process worked! I have all of my mail folders, settings, etc. on the receiving computer, and I have been able to send and receive...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Cannot open attachments in outlook
One of our customers has a problem where they try to open an attachment in outlook, but are returned with an error which just says "cannot open this file". This happens with ANY attachment. However, if you save the attachment, you can then open it. The day before, this was not happening. Any ideas on why they cannot open attachments now, when they could yesterday? ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook CRM desktop client can't create personal stores
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook CRM desktop client on Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Terminal server , which is also hosting an Exchange Server 2003 installation and is a domain controller. I know, bad practice, not supported, but the machine is just serving for about 8 users. The CRM server is on an other server. I installed the client succesfull on some other machines, including terminal servers, using the same user account. The user is domain admin. I'm getting this error: in the crm30clientsetup.log 23:06:09| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mapisv...

Outlook Functionality
I have lost a couple of things in outlook. I tried to put the News command onto the View menu. My finger slipped off the mouse button while dragging and I lost the command altogether. It disappeared from the organise dialog box and never appeared on the view menu. It seems to be lost in cyberspace as no amount of repairing or reinstalling Outlook from the Office disk Setup files will bring it back. I know I can go to newsgroups from Outlook Express but each time I open OE, it downloads my mail which I do not want to do. I prefer the elegance of news in Outlook. Can I repair this damage caused...

Customize Outlook Today #40
When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button nothing happens.. Any suggestions? KG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button > nothing happens.. Any suggestions? Yes, Google for one of the 100,000 prior answers to this question that have already been posted. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2000 error upon Exit
HI I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. Anyone ever seen this error before ? (See attachment) "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message news:u6j1o1diaaq45r8m0f2j512ssnbf7oiuvg@4ax.com... > HI > > I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I > tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. > > Anyone ever seen this error before ? > > (See attachment) Try a detect and repair (from the help me...

Complete uninstall
How do you do a 100% uninstall of Outlook, so that it can be reinstalled cleanly? My copy of Outlook has gotten corrupted (vague "unknown error" messages whenever I try to do nearly anything), and I haven't been able to fix it. I want to reinstall the program, so I I removed it using the Office Installer update feature, then rebooted and reinstalled, using the same feature. No luck--the reinstallation had the same problems. Next, I completely uninstalled Office, rebooted and reinstalled. Same result--I've still got the same problems in Outlook. Now, I realize the pro...

combo and show first value
Hi, I have a combobox that pulls its options from a table. When the form is opened, the combo is blank until the user chooses one of the options. The options change regularly depending on the current records in the table. I'd like the combobox to show the first option in its list instead of being blank. Is that possible? Thanks Jeff C You can use the form OnLoad event to set the first value in the combo You can set it hard coded Me.ComboName = 1 Or, I prefer setting it so the value will be brought from the table that the combo use, with the right sort, so you'll always get ...

Outlook can't connect to outgoing mail sevrer
Hello all, For some reason Outlook 2002 on my PC running XP Home (no Exchange server) can't connect anymore to the outgoing mail server that I've been using for years. All of a sudden last week I was not able to send email from any accounts using this outgoing mail server (SMTP). I can still receive all mail sent to those accounts, but Outlook can't connect to the outgoing mail server in order to send mail. If I try to send mail form these accounts, the message just sits in my Outbox and NEVER actually sends. This is what I've tried/tested so far: 1.) I've tried to delete...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP
When I was home sending email with a macro, everything went fine. When back to Office, MAPI_Resolvename reported (Outlook not set as default (different language)). Home = Outlook XP Office = Outlook 2000. Attachments in place properly, Accounts setup correctly. I copied the Excel XP spreadsheet from home, which was copied for home trial last saturday (it was excel 2000 from the Office again) Tested with breakpoints, home version went fine, when back to Office, MAPIfile object not set reported in the debug session. And also, with the home version, the popup screen from outlook has come up fin...

Uninstalling Outlook 2007
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook 2007? There seems to be an option to remove a program on the installation disc, but I don't understand what to do to select Outlook. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Where exactly do you get stuck? You can start the (un)installer from Control Panel as well, just like you would uninstall any other application. To uninstall just Outlook, click on Change instead. In the setup dialog, select Outlook in the list and set its installation status to Not Available. Just curious; what are you trying to ac...

Outlook vs Windows Explorer Folders
Hello. When will users be able to view messages & documents of a related subject in a single folder view? I currently maintain duplicate folder structures: 1) Outlook messages in one set of folders, and; 2) Office documents (.dos, .xls, .ppt) in an exact duplicate set of folders in Windows Explorer. With all the advances and product integration its hard to reason why messages and other documents can't be stored under a single folder structure. Did I miss something along the way? Thanks in advance -- Dave Microsoft is tackling this with search tools -- Lookout and the MSN...

Outlook 2007 unresponsive when Calendar tab clicked
Outlook 2007 (Vista) becomes unresponsive when I click the "Calendar" tab (message: Microsoft Outlook Not Responding). I have cleared the form data & run the /cleanviews switch; neither fixed the problem. I have a PST as I am not on Exchange Server. I am able to open a reminder and click the calendar to view the calendar but when I try to click the "Calendar" tab Outlook becomes non-responsive. Any idea why this is happening? I fear I won't have access to view my calendar unless I have a reminder to click. These are the details: Descripti...