Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender for Distribution Lists

Hey all

I am having the following issue:

Running Windows XP SP3, Outlook 2003.

Now I when I try to send to a distribution list, it automatically comes back
with the following error:

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender - for all of the email addressess in the
list, however if I manually add them all to the email, I can send it no
problems.

Kind of butting my head against a wall here so if anyone can help that would
be much appreciated!

regards
Neil

What is the exact error message in the NDR?
Tried recreating the distribution list already?
Try it with 5 entries in it first before adding even more just to see if it
works in general or not.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"nwellburn" <nwellburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all
>
> I am having the following issue:
>
> Running Windows XP SP3, Outlook 2003.
>
> Now I when I try to send to a distribution list, it automatically comes
> back
> with the following error:
>
> Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender - for all of the email addressess in
> the
> list, however if I manually add them all to the email, I can send it no
> problems.
>
> Kind of butting my head against a wall here so if anyone can help that
> would
> be much appreciated!
>
> regards
> Neil

0
Roady

Block Mail
Can I limit incoming Mail to those individuals in my Address book? Depends. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Khan asked: | Can I limit incoming Mail to those individuals in my | Address book? ...

Can receive e mail but not send through Windows Mail
Here is the error message I get: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: ', Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.2.0 FeHv1d00C2Q03HN05eJ0v8 Message identified as SPAM - Please visit http://www.charter.com/postmaster E5110', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 Did you read the message? Did you go to http://www.charter.com/postmaster and read the description for error E5110? The problem is not a Windows Mail problem. You must get help from Charter. ...

why stationery does not appear in other mail programs?
"Outlook Express" Stationery Badr <Badr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > "Outlook Express" Stationery 1) Be more precise in your question. 2) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Image List in CTreectrl
Hello, I created a simple dialog project to learn how to use images with a CTreectrl object. Below is the code that I am using to load the images and to create the tree control objects. The problem is that all items in the tree control, either selected or not, display the first image in the list instead of the one indexed. What am I missing? My image list is 15 pixels high and 90 pixels wide, containing 6 images. Thanks in Advance. pImg = NULL; CBitmap *pbmImage; pbmImage = new CBitmap; pbmImage->LoadBitmap(IDB_IMAGELIST); pImg = new CImageList; pImg->Create(15,15,IL...

no incoming mail
while i can receive my verizon email on the verizon site, for the last week these verizon mails have not been coming in on windows mail. last week it said i had 8 messages in my in-box but they were not displayed and i was not able to access them through windows mail . this is the message i get: An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'slotsky1@verizon.net', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 help, please! The mail account may be corrupted. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is to...

ActiveSync fails if the SMTP primary e-mail is not the same as the user ID
Didnt know where to post this, so i am posting it here. The problem is if the user has two SMTP address and the external address is the Primary SMTP address, then activesync dosent seem to work. IS there any way to override this. Thanks, Bejoy Gangadharan what do you meen by "external address"? is that a SMTP address space that exchange is not responsible for? Lars Pettersson Humandata, Sweden "Bejoy Gangadharan" <bejoykurup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:047201c497dc$72822e70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Didnt know where to post this, so i am posting it ...

How to convert mail folder to text files
Hi, Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the local outlook news/mail folders into text files? The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every message. Thnx, Andre "AW" <one_at_large@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11ob6tcqn9p5kd4@corp.supernews.com > Hi, > Could someone suggest the best way to convert the contents of the > local outlook news/mail folders into text files? > The idea, of course, is to avoid manually editing each and every > message. > Thnx, > Andre Install Mozilla Thunderbird ...

problem in mail
We are facing some problem in moving the users from one domain to other .For example the below user is moved from FMGNT domain to VPNT domain . When we moved his mailbox It was showing correctly mail box is moved to VPNT domain But once his account has been moved when we checked his mailbox his mail box is shown in FMG NT any solution Please It was showing correctly like the below screen But once his account has been moved when we checked his mailbox is at FMGNT please find the below screen shot Make sure that the new domain has ha...

Windows Mail Corrupting mail
Whenever I receive email, some of the emails come through OK, others are corrupted and have a lot of odd characters and are missing photos, links that don't work, etc. This also happens when I send emails as well. Some go through OK, and others appear to be corrupted and all you get is a lot of garbage. I am running Norton and Zone Alarm but I have turned both of these off and I still have this happen. This has been only for the last couple of months. This happens to both myself and the other account users. Does anyone have any suggestions? "GenLady3" <GenLa...

All address lists Deny
Hello everyone; By mistake the all address lists was set to deny and now we are unable to view it on the exchange server. when I try to use ADSI to assign the rights again or delete it it tells me it can't find directory attributes or values. Is there anything I can do to bring this back Please help Thanks HM ...

Export vista windows mail messages to xp OE possible?
I have several folders and messages in windows mail (vista) and I need them in my OE under xp. Can I use an "export and import" feature or any work around? I know I can drag each message and mannualy get it in OE but I have too many messages and folders really. Post your questions here instead: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 z3r0 wrote: > I have several folders and messages in windows mail (vista) and I need > them > in my OE under ...

undelivered message!!
Hello Somebody knows this error message? --------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Not respond please Sent: 2/7/2005 10:53 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: r2kapfer@cwstore.com on 2/7/2005 10:54 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. < securemail.agarik.com #5.0.0 X-Postfix; data format error. Command output: rkapfer: Mailbox does not exist> ----------...

Undelivered mail
Can i know when my mails sent from outlook 2002 gets undelivered there is a return mail been automatically sent into my inbox informing me of this undelivered mail. However i am not able to know from the bound mail who exactly i sent my original email to, is there anyway to know who i sent to initally?(besides from sent items) You're Undeliverable message should have an attachement on it. If you open the attachement it should have the destination address listed. >-----Original Message----- >Can i know when my mails sent from outlook 2002 gets undelivered there is a return mail ...

Cant delete an e-mail
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2000 SR1 and an e-mail from myself has come into my inbox, even though i didn't send it. Any time i've tried to access or delete this mail outlook has seized up and i've had to reboot it. The only way to overcome it was to have someone else send me a e-mail. Do you know how i can be rid of this demon? I want it binned! ;-) All help appreciated thanks andy Andy, This sounds odd - I would make sure your system is update with all the latest patches both for Windows and Office. Plus run scans to check for any possible spyware or viruses on your s...

How can I let a user send on behalf of a distribution list/group?
We use exchange 2003 server. only domain admin can send on behalf DL, when a DL member try to send a message on behalf DL (put the DL email address is the "From:" field, in ms outlook), he gets permissions error(and the email won't get sended). How/where can we give the DL members permissions to send on behalf DL? This is a wild guess on my part, but I'm thinking you would do this via the security tab on the object in ADUC. (Start ADUC and select View | Advanced features. Go to DL in question and bring up its properties. Go to the security tab and assign the Send As righ...

Windows Live Mail Transfer
Can I transfer my Windows Live Mail with all folders, account settings, etc. from one Win7 32-bit computer to another by the following method? 1. Download and install Live Mail onto new computer. 2. Copy default storage folder "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" from old computer over to new computer. If not, what would be the best alternative approach? Thanks, -- Octavius Some of the settings are stored in the registry, so your method won't = get everything. If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, including account ...

Moving mail to new computer?
Hello.... I am using Outlook and am movign to a new computer. How do I move saved mail (and any saved mail in folders) to the new computer? Is there an eqsy process of moving certain files? Is there a network way? Tahnk you Copy Outlook.pst to a new location on your new computer. Rename Outlook.pst to Outlook.old at the old location on your new computer. Restart Outlook and Outlook wil ask where your Outlook.pst is. Select Outlook.pst at the new location. Done. Nees "Stan Rudnick" <stan@andrewslucia.com> schreef in bericht news:5xSyf.20351$or4.20097@newssvr12.news....

I want to send e mail not using outlook
I want to send e mail from Word 2003. I don't want to use outlook, but Outlook express. ?? van <van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to send e mail from Word 2003. I don't want to use outlook, > but Outlook express. ?? Sorry, but this newsgroup answers Outlook questions. Ask yours in a Word or Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman "van" <van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F1F2324-4CD0-4C77-BE00-F321DB62B84A@microsoft.com... >I want to send e mail from Word 2003. I don't want to use outlook, but > Out...

this mail has not been sent
A user creates an email and over time while editing it is saved in Drafts. The message is then discovered in Sent Items but reads "This email has not been sent" and is an older version (without latest changes). Has anyone seen this before? ...

Is there a way to make a "safe senders" for IMF?
So I just installed and enabled IMF at my company, but we have a problem. One of our foxpro apps sends emails on errors to a mailbox called fox in our AD. It makes the FROM user be the username.machinename@domainname.com IMF doesnt seem to like these messages and gives most of them a rating of 7 and up. This is obviously a big problem for us as now these messages are getting ripped out at the gateway level (wed like our gateway to be like 6 or so, maybe even 5 down the road). I cant see of an easy way to make sure IMF just ignores these emails. They come from the machine itself (so an inte...

Display name of User in printouts of outlook mail message
Hey Guys, I was hoping someone could tell me how outlook references the display name it generates in printing out mail messages. This is the header section at the very top of the printout, followed by a black line break (not talking about the name displayed in the "from:" or "sent:" etc.) I have a faculty member whose name shows up as "Steven Holditch" instead of "Stephen Holditch" when printing out, but on his exchange account, local outlook account, and IMAP account, all the names are Stephen. I can't find any trace of a name "Steven"...

Mail Disappeared
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4 with Outlook 2000 at latest patch level. I have a laptop user with offline folders enabled that syncs. This user previously had a desktop PC and no need for offline folders, but had accumulated 2 years of emails in their deleted items folder. We converted to the laptop and offline folders and all has worked well for months. He encountered a problem and does not believe he did anything to cause it and I'm trying to figure out what happened. Here are the details: The users deleted items folder at some point prior to today (he believes within 5 days) contained m...

receiving mail problem
I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or bouncing incoming emaild from certain addresses. They faxed us the message which says "this message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server." We have not changed any settings or done anything different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > I am on a network running Microsoft Backoffice (I think) and XP > Professional on our workstations. Last week we statred rejecting or > bouncing incom...

Make Outlook the default mail client
How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another app the default? I also told Outlook to stop bugging me about it. Thanks, Chip Control Panel->INternet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, chrkieff@speakeasy.net asked: | How do I make Outlook the default mail client after I've made another | app the default? I also told O...

windows mail...error message and I can't send mail.
I get the same error message, but not all the time. Randomly I will not be able to read or send mail. I copied but there is no provision to past it here...so annoying. Unknown error...server, etc... Same error message as what? If you can type in a window, you can paste text into it. Are you trying to paste an image? That won't work. Next time you get a Windows Mail error message, right-click on that error message, click Copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't=20 do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MV...