Unable to process Lotus Meeting Invitation with Outlook 2003

I am running Outlook 2003 SP3 and connect directly to my ISP.
When I receive Meeting Invitations from a Lotus Domino Server, the
invitation arrives in text form and consequently I cannot accept / reject the
request.
Incidently, I run Outlook 2007 on another machine and it does not have this
issue.
Is this a configuration issue or a bug / feature of Outlook 2003?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Outlook Startup Error
Hi When i try to start Outlook by selecting a profile, i get the following error message Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service EMSMDB.DLL. be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. what could be causing this problem Barry Hi Barry, Thanks for posting here! Based on my knowledge and research, the error message references Emsmdb.dll, even though the correct DLL, Emsmdb32.dll, reside in the <Winroot>\System directory. The wrong file is being referenced because the Wsock32.dll is no...

Outlook Error #43
When I send/receive, outlook seems to freeze. There is significant hard drive activity. It is very difficult to stop the program (alt-ctl-del - end task. The program keeps running. It seems that the file I intended to send finally went out, but a day later. I ran anti-virus and spy checker, no results. I did get a message that my file c:\documents and settings\name\local settings\application data\microsoftoutlook\outlook.pst "could not be accessed." ...

Need help restoring (ME) Outlook pst file to (2000 Professional) Outlook
We backed up original (ME) Outlook pst files to CD. Reformatted hard drive and installed 2000 Professional. We are having a hard time restoring the pst files on the new operating system. We have tried dragging and droping the pst file to C\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook, them turning off the read only attributes. This did not work. Next after reading serveral other posts we tried opening outlook. Then going to file\open\personal files. This does not work either. We belive the problem is within the path, as we are receiving a "can not find at this location error&...

Unwanted Meeting Invitations; Delegation Gone Wrong?
Whenever any Exchange recipient invites a certain other user, User A, to a meeting, the system kicks a message back to the recipient to the effect that,' we tried to invite User B, but the mailbox isn't available.' That's because User B has left the company. I've checked User A's profile. He hasn't delegated another user to evaluate his meeting invitations. Since the problem first occurred, a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 has occurred. That didn't fix it. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:05:31 -0400, ...

Security flaw in how Outlook verifies digital signatures
This report is also available graphically at http://www.logsat.com/Signatures On 10/21/2004 the following vulnerability was reported to Microsoft: Security Flaw with Digital signatures in Microsoft Outlook - Emails in Microsoft Outlook digitally signed with S/MIME using either a commercial personal certificate like Verisign or using a certificate issued by MS Certificate Server can be altered. Outlook will not show any warnings about the email being changed, the digital signature will still be reported valid even though the message content has been modified and parties involved in the sig...

Can't Backup. On close, unknown process interferes.
I have Outlook 2003 set to Backup every three days or whatever but when I close it says that there is some process that won't allow the Backup to occur, so then I hit Cancel so it can finish shutting down, so I can't Backup. What is the process that could be responsible? Is there a way to fix it or a workaround? I do have Active Sync 3.7 with an IPAQ 1945, and that use to happen when I had Outlook XP and it actively connected, but with Outlook 2003 and Active Sync not connected, it still occurs every time. Any ideas? Also, Outlook 2003 seems to take a heck of a lot longer ...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Lost Meeting after Synchronisation
Hi Today I had the following situation: I lost a meeting in outlook. I looked at the CRM account which I've set as regarding in the meeting. The meeting was still there, saved in CRM, but not visible in my Outlook. So there must have been a error with the synchronisation. I found something: Since I am registrated in the CRM as both an user and contact, CRM maybe didn't know which record to take. Because at the meeting there's a field called "planer". Normally this field only accepts Users. But in my case, it was my contact record! I think that's why my meeti...

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...

Outlook 07 Causes App Hang
Any idea how to fix iTunes and Quicken app hangs related to OL '07? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 9.0.2.25 Application Timestamp: 4ae90227 Hang Signature: d774 Hang Type: 2080 Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Waiting on Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Hang Signature 1: 2da90c07e58bb4a0e1451fcc04515d29 Additional Hang Signature 2: 0d59 Additional Hang Signature 3: f247d96b0ecd058ec572f8bacec2de3c Additi...

Outlook meetings
Hi there, I am using Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I update an invitation to a meeting, by adding a few files, I am getting the meeting cancelled, recipients receive a cancelled message although I clicked an Update. Is there a possible solution for this? Thank you, T ...

How do i set up outlook?
I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! Sheariep wrote: > I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I > am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where > to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail > or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! You have to have a mail account somewhere if you want mail. Y...

unable to scroll the page

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

workflow and sales process generation
I am creating an activity as part of a sales process. I am unable to create a meeting from within this process. Is that correct? Saira ...

Outlook AutoArchiving
The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700, "chad" <slidellinternational@gmail.com> wrote: >The options under auto archiving in Outlook 2003 are greyed out even >though the archiving is occurring. How can I change these options? Not sure, that's a client thing. Any group policies in place to prevent you tampering with the settings? Not that I'm aware of. I'll check the server. Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote: > On 2 Oct 2006 08:24:30 -0700...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...