Unable to attach pst or import pst

older format pst, trying to link it into Outlook 2007, error file size
exceeds storage limit use shift delete to permananetly delete content to
reduce file size.
But how can we clean it out if we can't open it in outlook to reduce the
file size
ran a scan pst on it and repaired, but keep getting the same error message
when I try to link it into outlook, tried creating a new pst and import the
contents into it but same message
Is there a way to get around this message so you can attach the pst so  you
can clean it up to reduce the size.

Thanks

Outlook.pst not shrinking
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro/Media Center Ed. My outlook.pst file was approaching 700 MB, and I wanted to keep it small enough to fit on a CD, so I permanently deleted a bunch of messages and archived a bunch more -- and now the file is bigger than ever! What am I missing? Did you empty the Deleted Items Folder then compact the file? Check out Advanced... in the File Properties. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c42580$73eba080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP Pro/M...

importing data from Office 2004 stored on an external drive
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I replaced the internal hard drive in my mac book pro. I backed up the entire Mac HD to a firewire drive before before the replacement. I have completed a fresh install of Mac OS 10.5 as well as Office 2004 on the new internal drive. How can I import my email, contacts, calender etc.. from the Office stored on the firewire drive into Office 2004 installed on my internal Mac HD? In article <59b7c4d0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Kainsel@officeformac.com> wrote: > I replaced the internal hard drive in my m...

Outlook 2003 cannot open Outlook 2000 *.pst files
OL2003 will not open/import an OL2000 *.pst file. The error message received is "the file xxx.pst is not a personal folders file." Was the pst on a CD? If so, did you remove the read-only flag? Did you run scanpst.exe on the file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://g...

best way to transfer info between twoPersonal Folders.pst files
What's the best way to transfer information between two Personal Folders(1).pst files? Thanks, DH Open both files in the same Outlook profile. Copy what you want from one to the other. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:uLCJRxm4IHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What's the be...

unable to send to certain contacts
Hello, Last weekend we moved out of Exchange to Google for our emails. Now I'm having problems sending emails to certain contacts that get auto- completed in Outlook's address bar. I'm hoping by hand-typing in the email addresses, the people will receive the mails, but I'm not sure. My other coworker had the same problem and we fixed it by creating a new profile and laboriously copied over all the pst's. Is there some fix for this? thanks, kobiianardo Just delete your autocompletion cache and let it get recreated. -- Russ Valentine "kobiianardo&quo...

UNABLE TO OPEN FILE ON AFTER PUBLISHING ON WEB
I CANNOT OPEN MP3'S FILES AND ARTCLE ON MY WEB, AFTER PUBLISHING WITH MICROSOFT 2007 PUBLISHER. PROPERTIES SHOW THAT THE ADDRESS IS BEING DIRECTED BACK TO THE HARD DRIVE ON MY COMPUTER. (WWW.EFOOTHILL.ORG) UNDER SERMONS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? -- CHARLIE Yes, you have to change the hyperlings in those buttons to wherever you have put the files on the web. Links back to your computer will not work. If you do not have them somwhere on the web then thats where to start. The Sermons button does not work at all in Firefox and a lot of people are using FF. You shouldget a copy and test...

bulk import of contacts needed
I have 15000 contact objects that I need to import into ad and A) create user objects including all their contact information B) create Homedirs, including permissions C) create mailboxes in one of four specified mailstores. Any ideas? Script it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "PJ" <paul.a.jensen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:UtW%g.31781$P7.17739@edtnps90... >I have 15000 contact objects that I need to import into ad and > > A) create user ob...

Unable to open information store after SP2
After installing XP PRO SP2, the 2002 Outlook client is unable to open the information store on the server (nt 4.0). I removed SP2 but to no avail. Does anyone know what the problem is and if there is a solution? Thanks, ...

Archiving outlook email and their attachments.
I tried archiving outlook 2002 email, in specific folders but when I open the PST file their is nothing? I have the correct folder and archiving date set? How do I archive outlook email and the original attachments to individual emails? I want to eventaully burn these to a dvd medium for storage. thanks byrsc@comcast.net wrote: > I tried archiving outlook 2002 email, in specific folders but when I > open the PST file their is nothing? I have the correct folder and > archiving date set? > > How do I archive outlook email and the original attachments to > individual emails...

.pst question
Outlook/Exchange novice here.... I have a user that has archived files to different areas on his laptop. He wants them all to appear in his folder list under Archive Folders. If I copy and paste them into docs and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook do i need to rename the files so as not to overwrite the one archived file that is in there? In other words, what is the proper procedure to restore these archived files that are not where Outlook 2k sees them so that they can be viewed in his Archive Folders list? Thank you Hey, What I would do is put...

Delivey receipts
We have exchange 2000 and use outlook 2002/2003. One member of staff says she used to be able to generate delivery as well as read receipts internally. But now only gets read receipts. But requests to external mail addresses still generate delivery receipts if requested and a read receipt if manually acknowledged by the recipient. I understand that delivery receipts are a server function - how can they get turned off and how can I rectify this matter please? I've never seen them turned off, but why would anybody want delivery receipts for internal e-mails? It's the same ser...

Attachments give errors when trying to Add:
Following error comes up when I try to add attachment, The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. I'm having this same problem... were you able to find a solution? "Vignir" wrote: > Following error comes up when I try to add attachment, > > The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because > an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. > ...

Unable to display window along top of screen for entering information.
I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for editing and entry of text information into a cell. Can't get it back no matter how hard I try. Even tried reinstalling Office. Don J -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- View|Formula bar ??? Don J wrote: > > I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP. Every time I open Excel the window > comes up without the narrow window along th...

"Unable to add the server junk e-mail lists"
When a user runs Outlook, he gets an error that states it is "[u]nable to add the server junk e-mail lists, you are over the size allowed on the server." He clicks to "Manage Lists..." but there's nothing listed, since we don't use Outlook's Junk E-mail filtering. Sometimes he's able to click Cancel and get through it and sometimes it locks him up. Any ideas? Logon to OWA and look at the Junk E-mail filter settings there; how many addresses are listed? Up to 1024 are allowed. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/297 -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

unable to open free/busy information
Im getting this error when open the contect inside a shared calender in Outlook 2003 SP2, and dont know whats going on... I tried to repair MS Office, but not work, is there any ways to solved the problem? thanks a lot. ...

Open Mail with Attachments slow
Why outlook becomes so slow when it preview or open an email with attachment whatever the size of the attachment is. And my numer of total emails is less than 100.The network connection is good, transfering files is fast. Instant message is disabled. What else can I do to deal with the trouble?? Thanks a lot. I had the same problem before, what I did is that I enable the offline folder, and choose work offline or by default working offline when openning, schedule automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. In that way to open an email with attachment is really fast. Hope this helps. Sarah &q...

Import account info from brokerage accounts
What is the best way for me to go about setting my brokerage accounts for automatic updating into Money 2005? I currently have a couple of accounts that I have been entering transactions manually. Is the best way to delete these accounts and download. Or download over the existing accounts I have setup in Money. The brokerage I will be using is e*Trade. Anyone have experience with them? Any suggestions will be appreciated to help with a smooth transition. Thanks.... In microsoft.public.money, Bishoop wrote: >What is the best way for me to go about setting my brokerage account...

send jpg's as attachments-resize
Hello, I am trying to drag and drop jpg's from explorer to outlook. In the past, attachment options would appear in outlook, allowing me to resize the jpg's to a smaller size. Now I can't find the option to bring up this dialog box. Can anyone help? I am using Outlook 2007 with Vista. thanks Dan ...

Excel formulas imported from tab-delimited files
I am trying to import some tab delimited entries into an Excel spreadsheet. Everything is working fine and dandy except that the formula fields which reference other worksheets in the spreadsheet are not getting automatically resolved unless I double click on them. For example, the "=Employee_Info!Y6" entry is not automatically getting resolved unless I double click on that value. Formulas that do not reference other worksheets are resolving correctly, without any intervention. Can someone kindly suggest how I can get past the problem? Thanks, Nimmi I'm not sure why excel ...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

How to have small attachments come opened in the main email. My w.
In my web mail, any small attachments are opened in the correct place in the letter. With Outlook, the attachments are listed under the subject line and must be opened individually; thus, they are not in their correct place in the body of the message. How can I correct this? Many Thanks! Bobby On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:01:03 -0800, rebojo <rebojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In my web mail, any small attachments are opened in the correct place in the >letter. With Outlook, the attachments are listed under the subject line and >must be opened individually; thus, they...

.PST file won't open, "is not a personal folders file" error
My problem is the same as the one in this forum http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/lofiversion/index.php/t7672.html I've got XP Pro with Office 2000. I was moving data around new hard drives (onto a new 250GB one) when in the middle of copying, the hard drive died - it will not power on (won't even get warm when plugged in). I was able to recover a fairly recent one using a program called r-studio (http://www.r-studio.com/) from another drive which used to hold that file. My .pst file is slightly over 1GB in size. When opening this .pst or importing a .pst file, it says: "Proper...

Importing HP2000 files into Publisher 2007
Hi, how do you import/open Home Publisher 2000 files into Publisher 2007? The help files say files from earlier versions can be imported to 2007, but I haven't been able to find the specific instructions. Many thanks. If I right click on a 2000 file and choose "open", it of course opens in 2000. If I choose "open with-Microsoft Office Publisher", Publisher 2007 opens and then the following box pops up "Microsoft Office Publisher - There is not enough memory to convert the text formatting. Windows is low on memory. Save your work and close other programs to ...

Attachement Dialog Box
When adding an attachment, how do I set the default view to 'details'? It always opens in 'list' view... ...

Outlook 2003 .pst --> Outlook 2002 .pst Argh!!!
I installed Office 2003, determined after the installation Outlook 2003 is not compatible with a 3rd party software. Uninstalled 2003, installed Office 2002 now I can't import my .pst back into Outlook 2002. The file .....Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact you administrator. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I need to get the e-mails back. You need to install Outlook 2003. Create a new pst file. Make sure you select Outlook 97-2002 compatible format. Export those emails to that newly created PST file. Then o...