Unable to attach pst or import pst

older format pst, trying to link it into Outlook 2007, error file size
exceeds storage limit use shift delete to permananetly delete content to
reduce file size.
But how can we clean it out if we can't open it in outlook to reduce the
file size
ran a scan pst on it and repaired, but keep getting the same error message
when I try to link it into outlook, tried creating a new pst and import the
contents into it but same message
Is there a way to get around this message so you can attach the pst so  you
can clean it up to reduce the size.

Thanks

attachments #49
when recieving attachments I get the message (oe removed acces to the following unsafe attachments in your mail) even though the attachment is safe, why can't I open these. Go to Tools > Options > Security > uncheck box relating to this "john" <johnlongstaff@btconnect.com> wrote in message news:bu5hov$lqu$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > when recieving attachments I get the message (oe removed acces to the > following unsafe attachments in your mail) even though the attachment is > safe, why can't I open these. > > > ...

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

Unable to open calendar

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...

unable to scroll the page

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Unable to conect

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

"No internet accounts were found to import"
seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services so i tried File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount and without even looking it responds: "No internet accounts were found to import" anyone know how to import an email account ? Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm "JethroUK�" <rep...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

receiving and combining attachments
I am able to break up and combine email attachments to receive large files in outlook express. but none of my clients running outlook 2000 can combine the attachments that I send. Is there a setting in outlook 2000 to solve this so that they can combine my attachment that have been broken apart and sent. Thanks ...

attachment help
Hi, 1) How do I unblock attchments in outlook 2003? I think its aregistry setting somewhere. I would like to add a few file formats to the list of safe files. 2) I have a lot of folders and subfolders where I organise my email in outlook. I would like to stop outlook opening these folders every time I have a new message in them? Any ideas would help. Thanks Rad .. Stop posting the same message around all the newsgroups over and over again. This is not a chat! Also posting to all the newsgroups one by one is not a nice thing to do. Simply address you posting to more then one news...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

disappearing/reappearing .doc file attachment
I have come across some weird behavior that doesn't make any sense. It occured on a machine running windows xp pro with office xp pro. 1st message - Received an email with an MS Word attachment (file.doc). The message had a note in italics stating that a file had been attached and the message properties also showed that a file was attached, but when the message was opened no attachment is shown and there are no messages saying that it had been removed by outlook. Had the sender resend the attachment. 2nd message - Received and opened message. Attachment icon is there and attachment is op...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...