Unable to access links in Outlook email

I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which
says:  This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.

I get this message on any link within an email.  Thanks for any help.

0
Virginia

"Virginia Squire" wrote:

> I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which
> says:  This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
> this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.
>
> I get this message on any link within an email.  Thanks for any help.

I have the exact same problem after upgrading from XP to 7 and switching
from Outlook Express to Outlook.  What an annoying issue.  My computer tech's
charged me 250.00 and said "don't know" how to fix.  Certainly Microsoft can
make this good.

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Virginia Squire" wrote:
>
>> I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email
>> which
>> says:  This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
>> this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.
>>
>> I get this message on any link within an email.  Thanks for any help.
>>
> I have the exact same problem after upgrading from XP to 7 and switching
> from Outlook Express to Outlook.  What an annoying issue.  My computer
> tech's
> charged me 250.00 and said "don't know" how to fix.  Certainly Microsoft
> can
> make this good.
>> .

<sigh> did you do ANY research AT ALL? This has asked and been answered
HUNDREDS of times in the Outlook groups.

http://support.microsoft.com:80/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049

0
Gordon
12/29/2009 7:35:07 PM
Ian wrote:

> Virginia Squire wrote:
>
>> I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which
>> says:  This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
>> this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.
>>
>> I get this message on any link within an email.  Thanks for any help.
>
> I have the exact same problem after upgrading from XP to 7 and switching
> from Outlook Express to Outlook.  What an annoying issue.  My computer tech's
> charged me 250.00 and said "don't know" how to fix.  Certainly Microsoft can
> make this good.

So why are you trying to HIJACK someone else's request for help.  Your "me
too" reply provides no help to the original poster.  If you want help with
your problem then create a NEW thread to discuss it.
0
VanguardLH
12/30/2009 12:22:12 AM
Virginia Squire wrote:

> I am getting a message when I try to click on a link within an email which
> says:  This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on
> this computer.  Please contact your system administrator.
>
> I get this message on any link within an email.  Thanks for any help.

Operation cancelled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049
0
VanguardLH

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Outlook 2002 problems.
I have a user who has XP and Office XP pro with Frontpage installed. For the user to see any new email messages he has to click on another folder, say Sent Messages, then the Inbox will show as having messages in it. The Inbox does not update automatically. The Notification is also on but that doesn't come up either until the above is done. Also, when the user sends a message, it sits in the Outbox until the same as above is done, ie clicking on another folder. We had a similar problem with Outlook 2002 which was reloved through Microsoft Article 304849. this problem however, is ...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Publisher and Access
Through trial and error, I can get our newsletter mail merge done. However there must be some simple instructions out there somewhere. My basic problem is I do not understand the various types of data sources. I browse for a data source and come up with six or eight technical names. I find that clicking on jet 4 lets me get into the access data base, but that was just a lucky guess. Is there any basic information that could help me? Publisher lists are Access databases, in Office 2002-03 they are stored in "My Documents", "My Data Sources" with a .mdb extension. E...

Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access
Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access , its in the ATTACHMENTS , after registering it will appear : http://access-forum.com/plus/viewtopic.php?t=189 Enjoyt ... ...

check outlook accounts severally
When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like outlook express. is it possible? cm wrote: > When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and > receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like > outlook express. is it possible? No, except as noted below in the next paragraph. The user gets no control over the order and concurrency of mail polls for accounts all in the same send/receive group (the default is to put al...

outlook e mail
I cannot send e maim because my send option is not showing I'm also having a problem. Suddenly, yesterday morning when I tried to send/receive email I got this error "Unable to connect to server -- Error 0x800ccc0e". I am using XP and have 2 profiles where there are 2 differnet email addresses with the same company. My other profile is working just fine. But this particular one continues to be a problem. I'm using a cable modem and was told to reset everything including the modem and router, both together and then separately. I still have this problem. I've checked all t...

Importing from Access to an Outlook Distribution List
Hi, I have been busy building a contact database in Access (2002) and am wondering if there is anyway to up-load the e-mail addresses to an Oulook (2002) distrubtion list. If anyone knows the answer, my summer student will be very excited because he won't have to re-enter the information in Outlook. Cheers! ...

Logging Access to Mailboxes?
I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if another one of the Admins is looking at others mailboxes. I know he has the ability to do this (we both do) but I cannot find any logs that show him accessing other mailboxes. I was used to the way 5.5 worked when it would log access to other mailboxes in the eventlog. Is this enabled or enable-able in Exchange 2003? Thanks. On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:57:57 -0400, "CG" <cg@cox.net> wrote: >I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003 and I have been asked by our CIO to see if >another one of ...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...