two domains in one outlook profile

Hey,
Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in
outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their
FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both
addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails
when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default,
when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is
there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they
need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees @domain2.com instead
@domain1.com ???

For this, you need to create a second account, either pop or imap (use fake
incoming server names) and a valid smtp server with the desired email
address. They'll choose this account when they need to send using it.

Alternately, you could use DL's - the DL uses the second address and the
first address is the only member. The first address acct had send as rights
to the DL. They'll need to remember to choose the address before sending.

you might want to take a look at Mask - it is used to pick the right from
address. http://slipstick.com/redirect.asp?id=mask

FWIW, outlook 2010 will make this easier as it supports multiple exchange
accounts and for new mail,  uses the address based on the folder you are
viewing at the time.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,"
<GrJComputersJaviessejc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
> Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in
> outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have
> their
> FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both
> addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails
> when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By
> default,
> when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com.
> Is
> there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when
> they
> need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees @domain2.com
> instead
> @domain1.com ???

0
Diane
12/2/2009 7:43:51 PM
Well we don't have pop or imap enabled. But the second option will work.
Thank you!!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> For this, you need to create a second account, either pop or imap (use fake
> incoming server names) and a valid smtp server with the desired email
> address. They'll choose this account when they need to send using it.
>
> Alternately, you could use DL's - the DL uses the second address and the
> first address is the only member. The first address acct had send as rights
> to the DL. They'll need to remember to choose the address before sending.
>
> you might want to take a look at Mask - it is used to pick the right from
> address. http://slipstick.com/redirect.asp?id=mask
>
> FWIW, outlook 2010 will make this easier as it supports multiple exchange
> accounts and for new mail,  uses the address based on the folder you are
> viewing at the time.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,"
> <GrJComputersJaviessejc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey,
> > Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in
> > outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have
> > their
> > FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both
> > addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails
> > when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By
> > default,
> > when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com.
> > Is
> > there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when
> > they
> > need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees @domain2.com
> > instead
> > @domain1.com ???
>
> .

The DL is the better option IMHO (until 2010 RTMs), but you don't need
pop/imap enabled - its best to use a fake server name (Fake.mail) for
incoming so outlook can't download mail. You'd need to use a real smtp
though.

--

> Well we don't have pop or imap enabled. But the second option will work.
> Thank you!!
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> For this, you need to create a second account, either pop or imap (use
>> fake
>> incoming server names) and a valid smtp server with the desired email
>> address. They'll choose this account when they need to send using it.
>>
>> Alternately, you could use DL's - the DL uses the second address and the
>> first address is the only member. The first address acct had send as
>> rights
>> to the DL. They'll need to remember to choose the address before sending.
>>
>> you might want to take a look at Mask - it is used to pick the right from
>> address. http://slipstick.com/redirect.asp?id=mask
>>
>> FWIW, outlook 2010 will make this easier as it supports multiple exchange
>> accounts and for new mail,  uses the address based on the folder you are
>> viewing at the time.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "GrJ Computers, Javi, essejc,"
>> <GrJComputersJaviessejc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey,
>> > Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in
>> > outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have
>> > their
>> > FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both
>> > addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive
>> > emails
>> > when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By
>> > default,
>> > when they create a new email, the recipient will always see
>> > @domain1.com.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that
>> > when
>> > they
>> > need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees @domain2.com
>> > instead
>> > @domain1.com ???
>>
>> .

0
Diane

SPF POLICY & reference to old delete domain in error message?????
Hi, Using SBS with exhcange 2003 exchange server, and get following errors: Many emails with this message. As I understand these domains have no SPF record. How can I disable this check??? ALso, I have domains a.com and b.com, and deleted XXXXXXX.com a year sgo. Still this message references this old obsolote domain name called XXXXXX.com. How can I chnage this? Thank you in advance, ================================================================== The following recipient(s) could not be reached: steve@xyx.com on 5/18/2006 8:45 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the re...

Outlook 2000 #134
Hello, Is there a way to set Outlook so that my wife has a totally different experience with outlook than I. That her email accounts and calendars and reminders dont show when I am on and then they do when she it on? Do I have to use User Accounts in Windows to accomplish this? Thanks Chuck If you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, then yes, you would need to have separate Windows logins to accomplish this -- IMO mode doesn't support separate mail profiles within Outlook itself. (Later versions of Outlook have done away with separate modes and allow multiple m...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

synchiing two computers?

Outlook 2002-can't open pst
Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They exist,but Outlook won't display any information when opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a blank screen. Help? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They >exist,but Outlook won't display any information when >opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a >blank screen. Help? >Thanks >. > Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against each of your .PST files to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a ...

Where do I find the Payment Request Wizard in Outlook?
I'm trying to set up a PayPal account and cannot find where the Payment Request Wizard is for Outlook or Outlook Express. Anyone know? ...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Getting to Outlook express from Outlook 97, for newsgroups
Hi, Ive got both Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 on different machines, along with Outlook express. Have made a shortcut button to get to news from Out2000, but don't know how to access News from within Out87. Is there a way. -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, co...

s-mail plugin for outlook
Hi my attachments are in an encrypted form and after I open them once I see them fine but the second time I open them they remain encrypted. I am using the s-mail plugin. Any help greatly appreciated. I also cannot send messages although I can receive them. ...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Synchronizing Outlook 2000 with Blackberry Curve 8900
When I use the Blackberry Desktop software to synchronize desktop with my blackberry I'm prompted to browse for my Contacts file. When I hit browse, it defaults to the Blackberry folder. Where are my outlook contacts and notes likely to be stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... You will need to consult the Blackberry Desktop help files. Synchronizing is the purview of the synch software - Outlook is the passive store for the information and takes no active part in synching. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

outlook 2003 pst and outlook pst
I had a loaner machine which has outlook 2003. I saved the outlook inbox as a pst file. I tried to retrieve the pst file from my laptop that has an outlook 2002 and the versions are incompatiible. I no longer have the loaner machine and have no access to outlook 2003. How do access the pst files from outlook 2002? Thank you, Ramesh YOu don't as the file format for Outlook 2003 is incompatible with prior versions. Your best bet is to download the trial version of Office 2003 and open the .pst file in that Outlook. Then create a 97-2002 compatible .pst file from within Outloo...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Logging and monitoring users using Outlook via RPC over HTTP?
How do I set up logging to track users who connect to my Exchange 2003 front end server using RPC over HTTP enabled Outlook (2003 or 2007)? And are there and good log parsing tools that I can quickly parse the monitoring logs for reporting purposes? It's another virtual directory in an IIS web site. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Robert Gordon" <rgordon@nospam.wovensystems.com> wrote in message news:uGIqqZqMIHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I set u...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Some program is keeping Outlook open
I've just recently had this problem were Outlook refuses to close, the windows close, but Outlook is still running in the task list. never used to have the problem, but I suspect that some program is involved that is attached to outlook in order to send a email. Outlook 2000 under WinXP "Tom Posz" said in news:b5cc01c3ec41$d103ea70$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I've just recently had this problem were Outlook refuses > to close, the windows close, but Outlook is still running > in the task list. never used to have the problem, but I > suspect that some program is inv...

importing dates and tasks from excel to outlook
hi :) is it possible to import tasks from excel to outlooks calendar, so i dont have to do it one by one in outlook, but all at once by importing from excel? Sure. What happens when you try? Hint: export from Outlook so you can get the field names to use, then you won't have to map fields before importing and save the excel sheet as CSV so you don't have to name the range. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-...