true location of NormalEmail.dotm???

hi,

i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder, the
other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and
anotherone in the programm\office12 folder.
The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks  etc.
The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks.

My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ??

thanks for help
Susan

The one in the Templates folder.
The one in the Program Files folder might have been used by your
IT-department when deploying Office.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder,
> the
> other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and
> anotherone in the programm\office12 folder.
> The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks
> etc.
> The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks.
>
> My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ??
>
> thanks for help
> Susan

0
Roady
11/18/2009 11:00:32 AM
hi,

but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
when one is there....

confusing...

Susan

> but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> when one is there....

How do you know that?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/18/2009 2:44:40 PM
Susanne Mohn wrote:

> but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> when one is there....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
0
VanguardLH
11/18/2009 2:59:34 PM
I know that, because I connect the NormalEmail.dotm in the different folders
with different designs (color & font).

My Outlook on the laptop - that with the Normalemail.dotm takes the dotm
form the Programs folder and not from the templates folders.

And another goog thing: Its very easy  to  store Building Blocks in it: make
a connection to the Word /Startup folder. this is not possibel with the
normalemail.dotm in the templates folder.

sorry about my bad english

Susan

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> > when one is there....
>
> How do you know that?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

If you remove it from the Program Files folder, then it will use your
Templates folder. The system is explained in the KB article VanguardLH
provided;

> I know that, because I connect the NormalEmail.dotm in the different
> folders
> with different designs (color & font).
>

> My Outlook on the laptop - that with the Normalemail.dotm takes the dotm
> form the Programs folder and not from the templates folders.
>
> And another goog thing: Its very easy  to  store Building Blocks in it:
> make
> a connection to the Word /Startup folder. this is not possibel with the
> normalemail.dotm in the templates folder.
>
> sorry about my bad english
>
> Susan
>
> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> "Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder
>> > program\office12
>> > when one is there....
>>
>> How do you know that?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> .

0
Roady
11/18/2009 3:57:20 PM
hi

and its still the same in Word and outlook 2007?

Susan

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Susanne Mohn wrote:
>
> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> > when one is there....
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
> .

Yes, I think your findings confirmed that as well ;-)

--

> hi
>
> and its still the same in Word and outlook 2007?
>
> Susan
>
> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> Susanne Mohn wrote:
>>
>> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder
>> > program\office12
>> > when one is there....
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
>> .

0
Roady

Problems with DataEntry = True
Hi I am opening a form "Add New Job", which on load, sets its DataEntry attribute to true. If I enter no details & close the form, a record had been created, so I added code to delete the record if no details had been entered. Now when I close the form without entering any details, it deletes the current record it has just created, but creates another one with the next sequence number. What I want it to do is create no record if no details are added. How can I achieve this? Yours Stapes Are you sure it's deleting the record you just created? The DataEntry property does...

True to TRUE
I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the last name "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE." I try to just undo it and it won't. How do I make it so it's just True???? TRUE is a special value in Excel. To enter True, precede the text with an apostrophe. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions" <Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E35515F3-F2E8-4B05-B970-66951A7600A4@microsoft.com......

cached mode file locations
Does anyone know where the files are stored for outlook 2003 cached mode? The users file that use to be an ost and the oab? GreenGoblin <none@none.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where the files are stored for outlook 2003 cached > mode? The users file that use to be an ost and the oab? The OST and OAB files can be found in the (hidden) folder %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Brian Tillman ...

Change Toolbar Location
Hey All... Dug around for a while around the groups to find a solution but could not find a clear cut answer. I loaded a customized toolbar into excel. Everytime I start excel the toolbar appears on the right side of the window, instead of loading on top with the other toolbars. I manually move the toolbar to the top. But everytime I restart excel, there it is...on the right hand side. Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance... btw.... I am using Excel 97. ...

Would like to locate a text box based on a search string and copy
I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it. Based on a radio button selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or copy it based on some reference. I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar because they are highly formatable. Another method may be acceptable as long as I can format text. Thank you. Hello: Can I assume that your Textboxes are on a regular worksheet and not a form opened with the VBA command MyForm.Show? Also, which toolbox did you use: Forms or Control Tool...

Linking to page location
How do we hyperlinklink a piece of text to another body of text at a different location on the same page? ...

True Justify Text in multivalued ComboBox
Hi, Is there a way to true justify the text in multivalued ComboBoxespecially on the report (Access 2007)? Thanks in advance, Kozaw ...

Echo Back the Cell Location
Is there a VBA routine that will echo back the cell location based on the value in another cell ? For example, consider the following A B C D 1 101 110.5 2 102 3 103.9 4 104 5 110.5 6 121 I'm looking for the cell location for the value (110.5) contained in cell C1 and place the returned location (A5) in cell D1. I tried a few things, but I'm just getting started in VBA. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is it possible to do the same task with worksheet functions ? Thanks in advance, Hi with worksheetfunction: ="A" &...

DPM 2010 RC Database location
I have a fresh install of DPM 2010 RC up and running and it seems to be working OK, but I keep getting an alert telling me that the DPMDB size is exceeding the threshold. It tells me the location of the DB is C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\DPMDB, but the database is located in a completely different location. I am using a seperate SQL 2008 server for DPM and the database is not located on drive C, and it is set to auto grow, any ideas? Thanks a lot for bringing this into our notice. We are tracking this as a bug in our database. "jjakober" <jjakober@discus...

Save in location button
Hello all This is how my button is programmed... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() MyPath = "\\tprc1fanp001\shared\Enforcement, Enquiry & Complaints\Manual Payment History\" 'Set the Path MyFileName = "Date" & Me.TextBox1.Text & ".xls" 'Create the File Name My...

Ammend Trusted Locations
Hi, How can I add locations the Trusted Locations in access 2007 when installing a packaged database. Is this possible. Regards John If course you will need proper permissions, but here is the registry key for Trusted Locations: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations\Location1] AllowSubFolders (REG_DWORD) = 1 Path (REG_SZ) "C:\MyTrustedDatabaseFolderNo1" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message ne...

Default File Location for Code
When I export code, they currently default to Program Files>Microsoft Office>Office10. Is there a way to specify a new default directory for my code? ...

Keep an online copy of you Outlook data that you can synchronize across several locations and access it via web broswers
Hello, If you are an MS Outlook user, then you can try for 30 days completely free! please read the details below! Whether you are looking to backup your Microsoft Outlook data like contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and To-Do List, or you are looking to backup your mobile phone, PDA, or PocketPC address book, InSynch Outlook Synchronization Service, is the service that can help any user who has multiple locations or within a workgroup to enhance the team work, by having a central backup on our server of his Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, XP or Microsoft Outlook 2003, calendar, address book, j...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting this view up ...

Cancel = true
Hi I am attempting to run the following: - Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "KPI Data - New links to PEOPLE table" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview stDocName = "KPI Data - New ATTEND Records" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview Each report has the On No Data property set, displays a message, then sets Cancel = True. However, it appears it doesn't do anything else after Cancel is set to True in the first report. It does not even try to open the second report. I guess this is because Cancel is set to True. How can I unset this - if that is th...

TRUE vs true or FALSE vs false
What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm guessing TRUE was the original way of doing things before "true" came along? The same case can be made with FALSE vs false. Thanks On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:23:44 -0500, "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: >What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is >the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm >guessing TRUE was th...

Cannot locate normal template
I cannot locate my normal.docx template. Running Office 2007 on Windows XP MS Word opens with text right aligned and I wish to correct that. But I cannot find the template. A full search shows no file titled "normal". Where do I find the file which Word uses when it opens? Many thanks. The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm and if you have not changed the location where Word stores its templates you can find it by typing %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates in the Address bar of Windows Explorer or your browser. -- <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Formula is true if proportion of range is true
Trying for true / yes result if at least 50% of range meets criteria eg =IF(AND O2="yes",H2<>"",I2<>"",J2<>"",K2<>"",L2<>"",M2<>"",N2<>""),"yes","no") where O2 must be yes and input is required for at least 4 out of 7 cells between H2 and I2 thank you =IF(AND(O2="yes",COUNTA(H2:N2)>3),"True","False") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "nussbaum" <nussbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7...

18000 Users Exchange
We would like to use Exchange 2003 for our school system but would like some suggestions on an architecture. We have two locations. Site 1 = 14000 Site 2 = 4000-5000 How many front-end and backend system would you have and how would they be placed? I understand that this is all VERY high-level, but I would still like some scenarios and suggestions provided - let's pretend bandwidth is not of a concern. Thanks- It depends on how active the users are with their email. I'm assuming that those numbers include mailboxes you will be providing to students. You'll likely ...

Is it true? Word Merge
Is it true that you cannot do a simple merge document directly from MS CRM??? The video I found indicated that you needed to export to excel and then merge with Word? I need the ability to have single letters that can be easily merged with a single contact by end users. I would have thought this would be a base functionality for any CRM but it appears this is not the case. Is there a way to do this? I am loving everything else I am seeing about MSCRM but this is a fundemental requirement and may be a show stopper for us. Could someone please comment. I find it hard to believe t...

true-false
I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are true) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You're really going to have to give us a little more explanation of what you're trying to do/what your problem is for anyone here to help! anthonyd wrote: >I want to select a field when the condition (other fields in the same are >true) -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:02:01 GMT, "anthonyd via AccessMonster.co...

300 Locations+ using RMS?
Does anyone out there have 300-400 locations operating on RMS? Is this even possible. Currently we have 80 with a projected 150 next year and 200 following. Within 5-10 years we will hit 500-1,000. Can RMS support a company of our size? Has anyone pushed the system to this level? -- Jocelyn wow :) Is there a HQ Dongle with license up to 1000+ locations...your company is rocketing :) Is your company in fashion retail ?Food? Your implementation is quite big. how was the performance of RMS hitting 80 locations? Are you using HQ (I suppose you do.)? how's the speed in terms of conne...

Location dropdown in Meeting Request
Hello all... I'm using Outlook 2003, with Exchange 2003. I want to populate the drop-down list for the location of a new meeting request. So, if I open a new meeting request in Outlook, the Location box has a drop-down. I want to populate it with the names of the meeting room calendars we have in our public folder tree. Can someone tell me how to do this, or, point me to an article on it? Thank you for your time. Ed On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:16:33 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >Hello all... > I'm using Outlook 2003, with Exchange 2003. ...

How do I stop Excel from changing the word true to TRUE?
I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to TRUE. I know this is a function/formula, but how do I stop it from doing that? Try this: Either put an apostrophe before the name: 'True Or Format>Cells>Number Category: TEXT Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Schmyerlou" wrote: > I am typing names and addresses into an Excel spreadsheet. I have one person > whose first name is True. When I type it into the cell, it converts it to > TRUE. I k...

"TRUE" "TRUE" formula needed
Hello, I have Excel 97. I have this in my worksheet: new column A B C D E 1 50 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 2 20 30 FALSE 30 FALSE 3 80 60 TRUE -20 TRUE 4 10 40 FALSE -15 TRUE 5 35 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 6 40 30 TRUE -15 FALSE 7 10 15 FALSE I was previously sent the following formula which worked great for finding every "TRUE" in column C and calculating the values in column D next to every "TRUE" in column C. =SUMPRO...