The store was last opened on a different machine?

One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few
minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in
event viewer:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for
the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst
files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

The messages means that two or more machines are using the .ost file.  You
can delete the .ost on said machine and it will create a new one.  This will
stop the message from happening.

"lehan" <lehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
> where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it�?Ts first opened and hangs for
> a few
> minutes�?� then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning
> in
> event viewer:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer
> for
> the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
> The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to
> pst
> files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
> causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
neo

open two different Access reports

Same proc... same data source... different results
Hi guys, A developer in our office has come to me asking for assistance, and I have no idea what can be causing this. We're running SQL Server 2005 SP3. We have a (when printer) 23 page long stored proc which gathers and formats data for a report. The proc makes use of Temp tables, table variables, FOR XML PATH, Rank(), Partion etc. She runs the proc... and stores the result set to a .txt file. She then runs it again, stores the data to a 2nd txt file. She then uses WinMerge to look at the differences between the two files, and they differ. Out of the 80,000 rows or some...

WMP sees sync devices differently by user??
I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11. I am running Windows XP-MCE with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date. I have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited. The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts. However, WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer not to use). - When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240 detected" in the b...

Graphs/Charts by country. Same Graph, different Source Data
Hi I have sales information for 5 countries, each on separate sheets ( the sheets are identical in format) . I have made graphs for the first country, and I want to copy them to the other countries, and change the references to pick up the right country information. Is there a quick way of doing this or do i have to go into source information for each series for each graph and change the sheet( country ) reference I asppreciate any answers to this as atthe moment I've spent the better part of a day changing sheet references Rgds Dan ...

Opening messages in a new window
A number of people in my office have developed a problem with Outlook 2000 where they double click an email message to open it in a new window and it hangs. The only thing common to all of them that we are sure of is Smiley Central software. Has anyone else run across this and have a fix for it beyond format and reinstall as simply reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't work? Perhaps some registry entry that the extra software creates, but doesn't delete when uninstalled? Uninstall Smiley Central. See if your problem goes away. Why people download these products (and more importan...

1500 page Publisher document won't open
I have created a large Publisher document...three times, no less, and can't get the document open after closing it. The message I get says: Publisher can't open this document. What's going on? HELP. I am tired of typing this thing...Ü Considering I've never seen a dialog box that says "Publisher can't open this document", I suspect it says a bit more. What version of Publisher are you using? I also kind of doubt that you've retyped 1500 pages three times. I'd bet you've done something a bit simpler. What did you do to create a documen...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

entourage will not open at all

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

Problem: Windows 7 Search results emails don't open under outlook
I am using windows 7 Professional (64 bit) as it was pre-installed on my laptop. I also installed a fully updated version of Office 2003 to use Outlook 2003, with all service packs and updates installed. When I use Windows Search, I can no longer open, copy/paste or delete the resulting emails listed, even if the email shows fine in the preview pane. When I double-click on a listed search result (i.e. an email) nothing happens, although it seems the search program tries to open outlook. Is this a known issue ? Is there a fix ? I searched the internet and it seems various peo...

Excel 2000
I have been using the Excel Program for several years (home use) but not to a 1/10th of its potential. I want to create an invoice for my business whereby the invoice number automatically prints in sequencial order every time I ask it to print and to remember the last number which was printed - if that makes any sense. The invoice will be a template and not completed "on-screen". Is this possible?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think it gets too dangerous to mechanize this a lot. If sheets are lost and have to be reprinted, you could have more...

Templates open in "Normal View" not "Print View"
I have some Hotdocs Templates that I have developed. Some of them open in "Normal View" and not "Print View." This happens even though I've saved the templates in Print View. Other templates open in "Print view" as expected. How can I control how templates will open? Also I should add I'm using Word 2000 and Hotdocs 6. Futhermore it also seems I cannot set the zoom. A template that's saved to be 100% percent keeps opening at 150%. How do I set this? "mja" <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZEX1m1ALHA...

Compile Errors with Different versions of Excel
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2000 that has many macros in it. When the sheet is opened in Excel 2003 a compile error occurs. I am trying to make the sheet for use by many different people at different locations. Does anyone know of any common issues that may be causing this. It is hard to duplicate a compile error, I am not at the location with the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Also, There are no Add-Ins selected, so this is not the problem. Paul "PStephens" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2000 that has many macros in i...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

Microsoft Exchange System Attendant is unregistering cluster virtual machine Server1 with DsProxy.
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1, with Exchange SP1. This is a single-server pointing to itself for DNS and running Active Directory. This system is NOT part of a cluster, so I am looking for a little insight into why the below message is appearing in my event viewer. The message is informational in nature (shows up as blue message in the event log, not a red error message or a yellow warning message). Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9243 Date: 11/13/2005 Time: 2:50:30 PM User: N/A Computer: Server1 Description: Microsof...

TrackPopupMenu leave open?
I am using TrackPopupMenu to display a menu from a toolbar. Is there any way to leave the menu open when the user clicks something instead of it going away? Someone in my office has seen an application that has a menu that is used to toggle options and you click multiple things on/off and then dismiss the menu by clicking in a window other than the menu...any ideas on how to do this? There is a rectangle option that you might look at. I don't know exactly what it does, but it sounds like it might handle your issue. joe On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:04:01 -0700, cje <cje@discussions.micro...

Open an Excel file from another Excel copy
I am running a macro using Excel97. I tried to open an Excel file by double click the file itself. It tells me that it can't be opened because I am running macro. However, if I start another copy of Excel, I can open it from there. Do you have a way that I can automatically start another copy of Excel when I double click the Excel file? Hi Charles Lee, Do this: - Save your workbook as xla. This format permits that the file can be open concomitant by two or more Excel instances; - Create a Windows shortcut for your workbook to open exclusive Excel instance. Look for "Sho...

can receive emails but can not open them with outlook 2000
I can receive emails but can not open them with outlook 2000. I searched extensively on web and on google, however i couldn't find any possible solution. If any body knows about this issue and the solution pleaseeee tell me. Archana ...

Replace Excel File Open with Windows Explorer
I'd like to have much more flexibility in Excel's File Open box. Can it be set to show a folder tree on the left with files on the right, as in Windows Explorer ? Or can I set Excel to use WE to open and save files instead ? I as a professional accountant I access many files in Office each day - nearly all with WE, as both Excel and Word are deficient on this. I use Office 2003 Couldn't you just pop open Windows Explorer and use that to open any workbook you want (just double click on the filename)? (I don't have a suggestion for saving the files, though.) KymY wrote: &...

Disable Password Prompt while Opening Excel 2003 in Web Browser
In Excel 2000, when you open an Excel worksheet from an https secure site via the web browser, it does not require you to re-enter your Network Credentials (Basic Auth) if you have already entered it previously. In Excel 2002/XP, this was recognized as a problem. In reference to KB Article 321778, you have to add the DWord Value in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Options AlwaysSaveToCurrentPath = 1. This suppressed the NT Challenge Response dialog box when you have already entered your UID/PWD when loggin on to the https site. In Excel 2003 Pro, this problem seems to have res...

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Outlook Express message store help!...
I recently uninstalled IE6 and then reinstalled it the next day. Now I can't lunch Outlook Express, I get the error message: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full." I have plenty of memory and disk space. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for your help!... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.ou...

How to open a pst file
I have an old outlook file that is password protected. Now I need to open it but I can not remember the password. Can anyone please advise if I can do anything to open the file, such as reset the password, remove the password protection or change the access permision on the file? Thanks See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordonpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

How can 2010 open 2007 format?
I am using Publisher 2010, but I need to open a project that was created in 2003/2007; can 2010 do that? Because when I open the project in 2010 the formatting is totally messed up. 2010 is still in Beta I believe...ask in the beta newsgroup maybe they would have some input. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "BJRCollins" <BJRCollins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5014D46-AC6F-4248-91C0-A2294CE04027@microsoft.com... > I am using Publisher 2010, but I need to open a project that was created >...

Can't open binder file
I am trying to import a packed publication from my home PC to my office PC. The first time I did this it worked fine but now that I have updated the publication it unpacks to a .PUB file on the office PC but then when I double click it I get a message to the effect that this is not a binder file! Binder then opens with no file loaded. I have tried unpacking to several different drives but no luck. Anyone got any idea what is going wrong? The Binder is defunct - well and truly just like Bonsai Blair at the next election. In case you do not know what 'bonsai' means - it is littl...