task view changed in to do bar

outlook 2007 froze when i closed it after i made a number of changes to my
contacts.  when i rebooted and opened outlook, the task view in my to-do bar
had changed from the "to-do list" to the "next 7 days" view (which i had
customized earlier in the day).  i cannot find any way to change the task
view that appears in the to-do bar back to the to-do list.  i have seen one
or 2 posts on other forums where users have reported the same problem, but no
resolution.  does anyone know of a solution?  thanks!

Right click on the "Arranged By" column in the To-Do List on the To-Do Bar
and click Custom...
Here click the Reset Current View button to reset it back to default.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"jowilly" <jowilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> outlook 2007 froze when i closed it after i made a number of changes to my
> contacts.  when i rebooted and opened outlook, the task view in my to-do
> bar
> had changed from the "to-do list" to the "next 7 days" view (which i had
> customized earlier in the day).  i cannot find any way to change the task
> view that appears in the to-do bar back to the to-do list.  i have seen
> one
> or 2 posts on other forums where users have reported the same problem, but
> no
> resolution.  does anyone know of a solution?  thanks!

0
Roady

Outlook changing attached file name
When I record a voice file as an .mp3 file and attach it to an Email the person receiving the attachment sees the file name as UNTITLED.BIN. If they leave a copy on the server and then access the server without using Outlook the file name remains voice.mp3. If the file "UNTITLED.BIN" is renamed back to "VOICE.MP3" it gets associated back to a media program and plays fine. To make the original file we are using a software program called mp3 recorder and using the PC's sound card and microphone. Using the .mp3 format rather than the ..wav cuts way down on file size and t...

Sroll Box within Scroll Bar
If I highlight a range in a work sheet to have row height increased and say range is from A1-A400. The scroll box within the scroll bar resizes for that range. If my spreadsheet however turns out to be only 50 rows(after entering data) not 400 the bar will still be sized to go from row 1 at the top to Row 400 at bottom(It can obvously go past that but the scroll box is sized for 400). I would like it to go back to its to size for the actual size of the data in the spreadsheet. I have tried to delete the rows from 50-400 but it has no effect. Any help would be appreciated as this is annoying pr...

CFileDialog & Details View Problem
I am attempting to set the view of the CFileDialog's ListCtrl to "Details" (LVS_REPORT) as its default. I get a pointer to the List and set the style with ModifyStyle(). Upon loading my CFileDialog, the Details view shows up, but it is missing all the columns. If I right click in the List window suddenly the columns will show up (along with a menu). If I change folders the columns disappear again (the ListCtrl is destroyed...). Also, if I pragmatically start adding columns myself, the rows are visible (but features such as sorting and icons are not available). On MSDN under...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Can't Change an Array
I ocasionally run into a problem where I create array formulas within excel. Later when I go back to edit them I get error messgaes that say "can't change an array" and I can't make any edits, or delete what's in the cells or even delete the cells. This is so frustrating. What can I do so that I can edit these cells? Thanks. Lisa You have to select the *entire* array of cells then edit the formula. For example, the array block is A1:A5. Select the entire block A1:A5 then edit the formula and re-enter as an array. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "lj" <...

Service Calendar Saved Views
In CRM 3.0 you could create an advanced find view under setting - administration - user to create a group of user. Than you had have the possibility to use that view under Services - Calendar to show just the selected group of user. With CRM 4.0 that will also show the saved vie but it creates an error and show the service calendar twice. Any solution to fix that problem? ...

unwanted date changes
How do I prevent the date in a saved excel document from changing to the current date when re-opened at a later time? By not using a formula, or if you do use circular references with iterations if you want a time/date stamp http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html You can also insert today's date with ctrl + ; which will be fixed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "The DurangoKid" <The Dur...

OWA Calendar changes not processed...
Have users using OWA who cannot make changes to Public Calendars in Exchange 2000. Users are able to make changes with Outlook Corporate Client with no problems. This condition exists for both internal and external OWA users. Have followed advice of KB article 832196 to no avail. Anyone have any idea what could be going on here. Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

On POS (not RMS) Instructions for Changing Noninventory Item, Price, Cost and Volume
We drop ship noninventory items to customers, and when the price, cost, or capacity of an item changes, we want to change it so it is reflected accurately on invoices. However, when we attempt to change the cost, price, and description, a message pops up stating "The item description is already in use." Of course it's already in use, we just want to edit it. Nothing else has changed, same Item Number, same Department, same Category; we're just not permitted to edit it. For example, if the Item Description were "Coke," and we attempt to change the Item Descriptio...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Forward an email and change the subject
Hi, What I am wanting to do is forward an email if it is from a certain person but I need to change the subject of the message. I also want to remove the part telling me the original message summary. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks Jon You mean automaticlly or by hand Also; what version of Outlook are you using and are you connected to an Exchange server? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jon" <jon@jonmalco.com> wrote in ...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

Bar Graph bars from opposite direction
I am graphing a few numbers in a bar graph. Typically, the bottom of the bar is "0", or the minimum value, and it goes UP to my data point. I would like the bar to come from the maximum direction. I guess it starts at Infinity, and goes 'down' to my data point. I already know "Reverse Order" exists, but that justs flips the graph upside down. (And the bars will start at 0 still) I know I could do some tricks and work-arounds to meet my needs....but just want to make sure there's not a quick way to do it. example: (bar graph of values "5", "...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Changing layout to a CDialog
Hi to all. I'm trying to develop a CDialog subclass with to possible associated resource IDs, is it possible? I tried this code: CMyDialog dlg; dlg.Create(IDD_LAYOUT1); //create the dialog with first layout //... dlg.SetDlgCtrlID(IDD_LAYOUT2); //I want to change the layout, without to destroy the window and recreate it! dlg.UpdateData(FALSE); but nothing happens. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Bye Andrea Perhaps the CDialogTemplate class might be useful for what you are trying to do? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Acaccia" <andrea.cacciarru@~NOSPAM~email.it> w...

How do I change date format?
I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000. I have a date field which looks like this: 03/05/05. The new 2003 file looks like thie: 03/05/2005 00:00AM. When I select Format>Cell, I get nothing. Unable to clear the field and start over. Can not get the format screen to appear. When I try with an unused field, I get the Format>Cell> screen with the various tabs. What gives? Hi Jon, It is controlled in your short date format in your system regional settings. Windows Start, Settings, Control Panel, Regional options, date(tab), Short date format: mm/dd/yy if th...

Requisition Management
I've run into a situation many times where a user creates a purchase requisition (BP 3.0) and submits to the next approver. Then I am notified that the user no longer reports to that person and that PR needs to be re-routed to their new boss. At that point, I go in Requsition Management Approval Hierarchies and place the user under their new manager. Is there anything that can be done in order for the existing PR to be routed to the new approver? I find that Req Management has very little flexibility when it comes to changes like this. As an administrator, I feel I should be a...

views PostMessage
I have a static spliter which contain 2 CFormview object CView1 : public CFormView CView2 : public CFormview CView1 handles UI CView2 handles displaying some application feedback I m trying to make CView1 to post a message to CView2. I used PostMessage(WM_USERMESSAGE_NOTIFYVIEW); from CView1 but the handler message inside CView2 isnt responding any help please regards Viper Can you show the exact code? You need to get a pointer to pView2 and then use PostMessage for it: ASSERT_VALID(pView2); pView2->PostMessage(WM_YOURMESSAGE); ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com See if using thi...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

How to change the class name of a window
I need to change the class name of a CMainFrame object. I tried to override PreCreateWindow so: CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("ChangedClassName"); return CFrameWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs); } It doesn't work. As I start my api, it says: Failed to create empty document! I tried the same methode with a dialog too, it works (makes no error) but doesn't change the class name! ::GetClassName(...) gives "#32700" back. Mattiassich In your case, you have supplied the name of a WndClass that likely does not exist - and that ...

change number format
Hi, I have a column with figures in the 123,45 format and want to change it to 123.45. How do I do this? Excel2007. Thank you very much. N The characters used for number formatting are determined by your Windows Regional Settings, so you'd have to change them there. -- Jim "Jim" <jim6651@nospamTRTnet.nl> wrote in message news:4855317e$0$6022$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... > Hi, > > I have a column with figures in the 123,45 format and want to change it to > 123.45. How do I do this? > Excel2007. > Thank you very much. > > N > I know...