Task "MS Exchange Server" reported error (0x80040119) - 2003 Excha

A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they they
get it at least 2/3 times a day.

I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft  - it points the
..pst file
Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use Outlook
2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail.

do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information
so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message
with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between
outlook and the exchange server, not a .pst issue.

Thanks,
Bob

Do you use Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode?

If so you might try renaming/deleting the .OST file for the user and letting
Outlook recreate it - see if the problem goes away.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> A user of mine got the error above on the subject line - they said they
> they
> get it at least 2/3 times a day.
>
> I searched the net, also find an article from Microsoft  - it points the
> .pst file
> Our mail is delivered to/stored on the exchange 2003 server, we use
> Outlook
> 2003. We do use archive.pst files for old/archived mail.
>
> do you believe I need to run inbox repair tool - as all of the information
> so far points to running the repair tool. When fist looking at the message
> with out the error number --- it looks like there is a problem between
> outlook and the exchange server, not a .pst issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
Ben

Error trying to create contacts for mail forwarding on MS Exchange Server 2000
Hi In order to be able to forward emails of local exchange & domain / Active Directory users, I need to create contacts for them to hold their external email addresses. I have done that before, last time a few months ago, and it was ok. Yesterday I was unable to create a contact in the Active Directory. I follow the steps in the Exchange Administration Guide, step by step, and when I reach where I press ok after entering the external SMTP address, I get this error: Facility: Win32 ID: c0070035 Virtual Folder Not Found I would appreciate all the ideas you have to help with this situat...

Send email without MS Exchange Server
I don't have MS Exchange server configured with my MS CRM 3.0 server. I want to send emails from my workflow using some other protocols like SMTP. How can I configure smtp with MS CRM 3.0? Please suggest. -- romeo!! for outgoing you can only configure STMP and for incoming you can choose between exchange and Pop3. install email router and open the configuration and make outgoing and incoming profile . ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ You can configure SMTP Virtual Server in your CRM web server itself. Here is the link for that. http://www.microsoft.com/...

integration of ms exchange server with data protector 5.5
Hi I'm having problems with the configuration of the administrator's profile in data protector 5.5. and I wish to know what i have to do because i created an account named $$$DataProtector but I don't know if creating this account I could to do backups and restores in ms exchange server. thanks On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:56:03 -0800, "data protector5.5" <data protector5.5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'm having problems with the configuration of the administrator's profile >in data protector 5.5. and I wish to know what i have to do...

cannot find ms exchange server
A client had the vx2 spyware prog on his machine. I think this did something to his Outlook program. Every time he opens Outlook he gets: "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Removed his account and tried to set up again, but Outlook is unable to resolve his name. I am at wits end, not much hair left to pull out! :) Thanks in advance. Can you ping the server by IP and by FQDN? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "m...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

MS Exchange Server #2
I am trying to set up MS Outlook, and I do not know how to configure MS Exchange Settings. Can anyone tell me what to do? I need more info, what exactly are you trying to do? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up MS Outlook, and I do not know how >to configure MS Exchange Settings. Can anyone tell me >what to do? >. > Do you use an exchange server? If so, ask your administrator. If you don't know or are using it for a home account, you likely aren't using Exchange. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 H...

MS Exchange Server Unavailable
I have multiple users who start Outlook 2000 and they get the message " Exchange Server is Unavailable...." With the options to Retry or Work Offline. They are all connected to our network and when they select retry, Outlook immediately opens. I have searched and searched and I have mot been able to find any references to this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated. Dave Sounds like a name resolution problem. Make sure your internal DNS is working properly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable t...

MS Exchange Server
We use exchange to send out bulk faxes periodically to a fax server and on the send/receive notification, you get these: MS Exchange Server - Sending report error (0x800C8105) on some of the notificatons (in the error tab). The emails get sent OK to the fax server. However, i am somewhat curious about this error message (and, it confuses our users). Systems: Windows 2000 Pro Outlook 2002, SP-2. Running Norton Antivirus too. ...

What's the diff between MS Exchange Server and Internet E-mail?
I guess I know what Internet E-mail is: it logs onto your ISP's servers to send and receive, right? But what exactly is Exchange Server? -- -Dave It's a (local) mailserver mainly used in organizations which allows you to share Outlook items and lots more; http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net ...

MS CRM without MS Exchange server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C64D00.9C94BD10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am new to MS CRM and started it couple of weeks ago. My query is that = "How we can use the MS CRM without MS Exchange server?" I had found = couple of articles while googling which say that its possible to use CRM = without exchange and some junkies did that too (they are selling the = connectors created by them to achieve this). If I am right, it can be = done in one of following ways: ...

CAN NOT for the life of me...Establish MS Exchange Server
i have been trying for months to connect to the MS Exchange Server from my XP computer. Our Mail Server is 98..and they just aren't jiving. I have to get my mail in Outlook 2002 through pop-server set up. Any ideas how to resolve this problem. Please advise. Thanks, Julz Julz, do you have XP Home or PRO? PRO I can interface, I don't believe you can with XP Home. Kathleen >-----Original Message----- >i have been trying for months to connect to the MS >Exchange Server from my XP computer. Our Mail Server is >98..and they just aren't jiving. I have to get...

"MS Exchange Server Unavailable"?
Following the brew-ha-ha of the MBlaster virus and all its variants, I can no longer access my academic institution's MS Exchange Server. Since all of my Outlook data resides there, I can't even open Outlook 2002 in offline mode. Obviously I am pulling my hair out. To date, I have updated windows XP, updated Norton Anti- Virus, downloaded and ran latest mBlaster removal tool from symantec...no virus found on my system. Have access to the internet through my Earthlink DSL connection...no problem accessing webmail. Spoke to two different Earthlink Tech Support people. Rea...

Unable to connect to MS Exchange Server?
When I open outlook I receive a message that says: "Network problems are preventing connections to Microsoft Exchange server computer. Contact administrator if this condition persists." I'm not sure what is going on because there is not a problem with the Exchange server (I have other PCs that are able to open outlook without this message), and I'm able to ping the Exchange server and access the Internet through Explorer. So, I'm pretty sure it is not the network connection. Does anyone know what is causing this problem or have any idea what might be causing...

Requesting data from MS Exchange Server
Outlook 2002 locks up and displays the following message: "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "(name of server)", You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening, and what can I do to prevent? Something is slowing down data transfer between your Exchange server and Outlook - either the Exchange server is very busy or there's some network problem. Contact your system administrator to see if something can be done about it. -- Jeff Stephenson Outl...

Spam Protection for MS Exchange Servers
FrontGate Provides Spam Filtering for Microsoft Exchange Servers Microsoft Exchange is a superb messaging platform for businesses of all sizes. But as most Administrators know, MS Exchange has little native spam protection capability. While there are many software solutions that can provide spam protection for MS Exchange, they are expensive, place an additional load on your server, and require daily updates and maintenance. These shortcomings make software solutions impractical for small-to-medium Exchange installations. FrontGate provides a cost effective solution to spam and virus p...

Problem accessing MS Exchange server
Windows 2000/Exchange 2000, 5 clients Our Exchange server was running fine till friday. On monday none of the client machines could read the mails. Everytime we try to open the MS Outlook client, we get following error message: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. I checked the network it's running fine and the clinet computers can access SQL server2000 (which is on same computer) with no problems. Then I checked the event viewer on the Windows server 2000. It h...

sync contacts and calendar with MS Exchange Server on MAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been able to set up my home Mac Entourage to receive work Mail directly from the MS Exchange Server at work -Brilliant. <br><br>I cannot seem to do the same with my contacts and calendar. I have looked in preferences and tried to set up another account for the MS Exchange Server, but while I was easily successful in doing this for mail, I don't seem to have the right information for Calendar and Contacts. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_Nex...

Confiuring e-mail for MS exchange server
I am now using my system to connect, thru a vpn, to my company. In oder to get my e-mail I need to connect to an exchange server. I dont have that option, just pop3 smpt and imap. Any suggestions Thanks for any info Joe What version of Outlook are you using? If 98 or 2000, check the mode under help->about, second line should say Internet Mail Only or Corporate or Workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >I am now using my system to connect, thru a vpn, to my >company. In oder to get my e-mail I need to connect to an >exchange server. I dont have that option, jus...

Getting problem with MS Exchange Server 5.5
some times I can not access the Outlook Web Page. and I checked the the Event Viewer. I saw this message Event ID: 2016 End of the data reched while looking for token I tried to solve this problem but I can not When I restart the MS Excahnge Server I Outlook Web Page will work but after time the problem returns. ...

How do you set up MS Exchange Server in Windows XP for a home Network
Can I set up Microsoft Exchange Server on one computer in my home? If so, how do I do it? >-----Original Message----- >Can I set up Microsoft Exchange Server on one computer in >my home? If so, how do I do it? >. >Hi click tools/options/other tab/advance options/add-in manager/exchange extention property pages/ install this is as far as I git and it wont istall. Stil cant use out of office tools. Hope it will help you. Ede Set up Exchange server itself? You'll need Windows server and a domain model - not for the faint of heart. See www.microsoft.com/exchange for i...

Please help! MS Exchange Server is sending personal info!
I have all my personal banking, credit card numbers, passwords, drivers license #, ect, on in my contacts. And some sensitive info in notes. My company just changed to an inhouse server and is using ms exchange and it copied my contacts folder to the server, which can certainly be viewed by anybody in the office. And I run the risk of all this going everywhere. I went on the internet site and deleted everything I could, but now I can never go into outlook while being connected to the internet. Please help! What is the best solution? Thanks, Wendy Mark your contact properties in the permissi...

Open old OST file without an ms exchange server
Is it possible to open an old .OST file without access to an ms exchange server? I have no trouble inporting .PST files but the OST file seems to be asking for atleast one connection to an MS Exchange server. IS there a way around this. I don't have an MS exchange server. GD Garry D <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to open an old .OST file without access to > an ms exchange server? There is a tool called OST2PST on the Internet (I thought I read that the current version is commercial, but older, free versions may exist) that may be ab...

2 different MS Exchange Server on 2 different subnets
how to test 2 different MS Exchange Server on different subnets being able to communicate with each other, through th Internet (not own LAN). This is to simulate exchange servers bein deployed in 2 countries where surfgold exist (eg. India and Singapore) Do it the same way as if you actually had a WAN between the two. Create the different subnet and use a layer 3 switch or a router with multiple ethernet connections to form a routed connection. Use different subnets and install exchange onto the boxes. You don't need to do anything different to Exchange. >-----Original Message...

Pls Help synch with MS Exchange server b4 I screw things up
I'm using : Outlook 2002 Exchange server (MSES) 2000 PC#1: set up; doing fine PC#2: need to set up Outlook and synch with MSES w/o screwing up MSES or PC#1 I'm trying to synch 2 separate computers...eg email, contacts, calendar, tasks... Currently have everything working well on pc#1....now need to set up on #2 I'm unclear as to the synch process w/ MSES.. On PC #2 have set set up folders exactly like #1.. Should I do PST export from 1 and import to #2? then synch with MSES? Or not import, and just synch with MSES...(I don't want to delete my files on MSES by syching wit...