suddenly cannot write new message. server cannot find send/receiv

all of a sudden i cannot write new message. a warnige comes up informing me
send/receive cannot be found. Have i deleted something inadvertantly?

Windows 2000 and Exchange 5.5 New Install
I've set up a lab with one server - all for internal testing. I am using or want to use the 5.5 OWA to test mail. The server is Windows 2000 and Exchange 5.5. The installation is complete and it is only for a test lab. Question - how do I configure an account in AD to connect to Exchange 5.5 account? I just created a new mailbox in Exchange and pulled a primary account from AD. What else do I need to do to make this work? Sorry...don't know the "old" technology. If you would please walk me step by step. Thank you kindly. On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:15:06 -0500, &q...

OE 6
My colleague on Windows 2000 has OE 6. Up until recently she has been able to send mail no problem. Now when creating a new message or replying to an existing mail, her OE hangs when starting to type in the address field. We have already rebuilt the address book. It takes around 12 minutes for the email message to become active again ready for the message to be completed. Is this a corruption of OE? You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie...

New Record Indicator not Indicating (?)
Using Access 2002, I've noticed that on many of my forms, when a new record is being entered, that the record-selector shows the triangle instead of the asterisk. Is that a bug, or am I doing/interpreting something wrong? -- Thanks, croy ...

Problems with New Mail Delivery
In order for new mail to appear on my inbox, I need to either open an exisiting e-mail or jump into another folder, if I leave outlook idle no new mail appears. I've tried deleting my profile, but the problem still persists. Any ideas? Since you give no information about the version of Outlook, here is a KB article for Outlook 2002: OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 If you are using Windows XP (also not stated), here is anoth...

Capturing First Error Message
Hi All, For the following code, I am getting two difference errors. I need to capture the first error message. Please advise how to capture the first error message. I need to log this info in Error_Log table. CODE ===== drop table authors go CREATE TABLE Authors ( AuthorID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Name VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL ) GO ALTER TABLE Authors ADD CONSTRAINT pk_authors PRIMARY KEY (AuthorID) GO print @@error ================ Thanks in Advance, Guru Hi Can you use BEGIN ..TRY ..BEGIN CATCH ... to capture the errors? "Guru" <guruprasathb@...

Newbie: Read/Write xml

Recovering messages removed by pop3 access
My site has an Exchange 2000 installation running a Win2k installation. Most users access their messages with Outlook 2000. A user at my site accessed his messages with a pop3 client (Mozilla Thunderbird) which was configured to remove the messages from the server. He was not aware of this, and then deleted his e-mail client, along with the client message store. Upon firing up Outlook, as I'm sure you can guess, there were no messages in the inbox, which previously held many (>200). Doh! Naturally he wants to get those messages back. Our exchange server is configured to keep deleted mes...

Error Creating New email addresses
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4602D.1003B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings: We have a 2k3 SBS running Exchange with the latest service pack. We = have several email addresses that messages sent to are distributed to = numerous people so the email addresses have been configured as part of a = distribution group. A week or so ago, I noticed that the email = addresses were no longer in the "Email Addresses" tab in the = distribution group. I added the a...

Adding Existing IMAP Account PST to New Profile
I'm trying to add an existing IMAP account to an Exchange Server Profile in Outlook 2007. I've read a ton of search material on the subject, but can't seem to crack the code. I can move the existing IMAP PST data file to the profile, but I can't figure out how to add the account data so that it points at the existing IMAP PST file. If I name the account the same name as the existing file, Outlook says it's a duplicate. If I name the account something else, it opens a new PST. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dennis -- drdean http://forums.slipstick.com ...

How to roll down a new page
I have a welcome page that show for a instant and then is replaced with the home page. It would be nice if the Home page unrolled on top of the welcome page or slid in from the side like a slide might or the wecome page looked like a page turning. I have no idea how such things are accomplished. Can you give me a place to read up or a sugestion as to what to google? Thank Check out ASP .NET AJAX or Silverlight Develpment. -Scott " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:umDEnSHdKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a we...

Save single worksheet as new workbook
I have a workbook containing multiple worksheets. I would like a macr that would save a single worksheet as a new file. Also, can I have th new file be saved as the data in a certain cell? I have a macro that will save the worksheet to a new workbook, but i saves it with the same filename each time. Please help! Thanks -GorillaBoz -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi GorillaBoze One way is to use a date time stamp in the file name Example that save the activesheet in C:\ Or look in the VBA help for Application.GetSaveAsFilename Sub CopySave_ActiveSheet() Dim wb As...

Server Crash and Recovery
Hello! I have 1 2003 server that was running AD and Exchange on it. I have back ups of System State and Exchange Databases. Now the server crashed. I have another server(slightly different hardware) and I want to restore everything from back ups, but i can't find the proper procedures to do so. Can some one help or point me to proper white papers. Thank You go here...tells you everything you need to know: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopg de.mspx -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message ne...

How to write networking code in VBA?
I am quite familiar with BSD networking API. But I don't know the first thing about network programming in VBA. I've done a Google search, and I will continue to do so. But so far, I have not found a concrete example (that I can access). I would very much appreciate some hand-holding. Here is what I want to do in a macro. It's really very rudimentary. on error goto done connect(TCP) to ipAddress:portNumber for each line (read from a file or otherwise provided by the macro) send line (terminated by \r\n on the wire) recv response (one line terminated by \r...

How do I Transfer E-mail messages from Entourage to Outlook
I bought a new PC Laptop with XP and Microsoft Office 2003, and I want to transfer my "life" from my Desktop Macintosh with Microsoft Office 2003 as well. The catch I am coming across is that Microsoft Entourage comes with Mac Office and Microsoft Outlook comes with PC Office. I can't seem to get get my exported RGE file or main idenity into Outlook. It seems like they are both microsoft products and simular that there has to be some way to do this? So my question is simple how I transfer E-mail messages from Microsoft Entourage to Microsoft Outlook? ...

Outlook no send/receive
Outlook will not send or receive email. All POP and SMTP setting are correct. Outlook Express works fine. Ideas??? Is your firewall configured properly? What version of Outlook are you running? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _undersco...

Robocopy working differently on my new NAS
I just installed a 1TB Netgear MS2110 NAS on my home network to replace the USB drive I had been using for nightly backups with a robocopy batch file. The USB backup worked fine, but was running out of space. The robocopy /MIR parameter ensured that only files that changed since the last backup were copied. Using the new NAS, robocopy seems to think every file, whether changed or not, is "newer", so it now recopies every file. Is there some additional parameter or something else I need to do so that robocopy will recognize and not recopy unchanged files? I sure...

New Business Has Cash Flying In
One simple click of your mouse is simply going to fill your wallet. This system is a dream for any one trying to market a business. You are going to get your hands on a system that flat out works. Enough with the talk go see what we are talking about. http://blazebrown82.aonetimeoffer.com/TravelWorld.aspx ...

new mail desktop alert for custom folder
Hi all, I created a new folder in my Mailbox. It's possible to activate new mail desktop alert mfor this folder? How can i do that? Thank you! -- wasssu "wasssu" <wasssu.64a858b@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:wasssu.64a858b@outlookbanter.com... > I created a new folder in my Mailbox. It's possible to activate new > mail desktop alert mfor this folder? How can i do that? New message alerts work automatically only for your default folders. If you create a rule that moves incoming messages to your new folder, the rule can ...

Publisher should be able to send personalized e-mail in bulk
In Publisher 2003 it is possible to mail-merge with items from a database. It is however not possible to fill the sent to "e-mail adress". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d0936a6...

Error Message
Im running Full MS office 2007 - and with my Outlook 2007 I have just received for the first time an error message after clinking on a hyperlink within the body of an incoming e-mail. The message reads: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system administrator. This error takes place on my Laptop - Windows - Vista 64-Bit What can I do to correct? TIA, Jim This isn't actually an Outlook error but an issue with IE: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "JMay" <JMay@discussion...

new email set regarding against an old case
Hi all, When I recevie an email in my queue in crm and its subject is identical to a previous case it is automatically set regarding the old case. how can i stop this from happening? Regards Ian ...

could not find stored procedure xxx.dbo.glpcreatepostingactivity
THis is strange, any new database that we create gives this error when we try to post a batch. If I look in Enterprise manager the stored procedure does not exist for that database, but it does for all the existing ones. this was an upgrade from 7.5 straight to 8.0 sp3 If this is the SP erroring out is dbo.glpcreatePostingActivity it is most likely because the 'Perform Special Upgrade' was not run after upgrading to SP3. Launch Great Plains Utilities and choose Perform Special Upgrade from the menu. Select all the databases and process. You should backup all you GP databa...

how to write on the back of my document ?
when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? please hlep thank you in advance Page 2 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "guy in need of help" <guy in need of help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6EE6F9E-9938-4736-A848-1B31A4A719E0@microsoft.com... > when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? > please > hlep thank you in advance What version Publisher? When you insert a page, is there page tabs at the bottom of th...

double messages
I have two email accounts. My default email account is with comcast.net. In addition, my domain name inneraccess.com is registered at Network Solutions. Any email that I get to that address is forwarded from Network Solutions to my comcast.net account in Outlook. Problem, every time someone send me an email to saycf@inneraccessc.com, I receive two messages that are the same. The header looks longer on one of them but essentially I get two for the price of one. Any ideas? Thanks, Coralin ...

IIS is corrupted in my Exchange Server
Hi Guys, i have got two DCs (PDC and BDC) and i have got Exchange 2003 server on a memeber server. now IIS is corrupt and it gives me this error in event viewer log ( The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 9 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program.) This error is logged every 10 to 15 minutes. i searched Microsoft and i found this Hotfix (Hot Fix for Microsoft Knowledge Base article number(s) 910618). i applied this hotfix but did not help at all. i applied SP2 for windows 2003 ...