STMAP.EXE application error

I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange Server.

I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting down Outlook.

The Stmap.exe error gives me these details -
The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028".
The memory could not be "Read".

STmapi error states -
STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close.

In the viewer pane it says -
"This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. Open the item to read it's contents.

I ran the OST and PST diagnostic's program and fixed all the problems w/PST files and still get the message.

Anybody have a idea, as how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
Randy

What program does it belong to?  It might be listed in com add-ins or you
can find it on your hard drive and right click to check its properties.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Randy" <rbootes[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
> I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through
> Exchange Server.
>
> I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2
> months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error
> when shutting down Outlook.
>
> The Stmap.exe error gives me these details -
> The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028".
> The memory could not be "Read".
>
> STmapi error states -
> STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close.
>
> In the viewer pane it says -
> "This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. Open the item to read
> it's contents.
>
> I ran the OST and PST diagnostic's program and fixed all the problems
> w/PST files and still get the message.
>
> Anybody have a idea, as how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
1/26/2010 9:25:37 PM
Randy

Can you make sure that it is STMAP.EXE  and not STAMP.EXE. Can you post back with
answer

--
Peter

"Randy" <rbootes[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message
>I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange
>Server.
>
> I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months
> ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting
> down Outlook.
>
> The Stmap.exe error gives me these details -
> The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028".
> The memory could not be "Read".
>
> STmapi error states -
> STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close.
>
> In the viewer pane it says -
> "This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. Open the item to read it's
> contents.
>
> I ran the OST and PST diagnostic's program and fixed all the problems w/PST files
> and still get the message.
>
> Anybody have a idea, as how to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Peter

How to create an hyperlink on the desktop of my MDI application #2
I have written an MDI application. I wolud like to create on the desktop of my application an hyperlink to my web page How can I do this? I'm able to create an hyperlink in the dialog box but I'm not able to create it on the desktop of my application .. ...

Timeout in application
On some of our page we often receive an error indicating that the SQL Server timeout expired. I already have been looking at adding indexes to some of the tables, but I was also wondering if there is a way to extend the time before a timeout occurs? Many thank The following article describes how to increase the timeouts - note you need to run IISRESET after adding the registry keys http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609 -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Geert M" wrote: > On some of our page we often receive an error in...

Error Message with Data Validation
I have setup data validation on a cell to force the user to choose from a drop down list of words. How can I make the data validation function put up an error message if the user picks one of the choices on the list and there happens to be no date entered in another totally different cell under another column (this other cell I'm referring to does not have any data validation setup for it)? - Chet You can't get an error message since it is not an error in your data validation, you could use a cell next to the validation and use a formula there and have that formula return a me...

Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM
Hi ALL I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server. I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail. Any help or guidance welcome Martin "Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote: >I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4) >box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe >steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the serve...

debugging a WinCE application over the ethernet
I have not been able to debug my wince application over the ethernet. Pinging the IP address allocated to the hardware from my pc gives no response. The output shows that PB Debugger is waiting to connect. I found in the Catalog View that LAN91C111 Ethernet has been excluded and the reason has been stated as Remove non platform environment variable : IMGNOKITL. Is this related to my problem of not being able to debug? How can I resolve it? -- Message posted via PocketPCJunkies.com http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/wince-pb/201005/1 >I have not been able to ...

Run-Time error 2220
I have an Access 97 database that is getting a Run-time error 2220 when I try to use it under my new XP operating system. Is there any known problems with trying to run Access 97 on XP? ...

Report server Error 07-01-04
After Installing MSCRM I get the following message when trying to access Reports : The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service. Check the documentation for more information. (rsReportServerDisabled) Get Online Help Bad Data. I found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 842421 " that states the exact Error message but in their case it's caused because the user account that is used to run the Repo...

STMAP.EXE application error
I run 2003 Outlook professional on my PC and our email runs through Exchange Server. I started getting "STMAP.EXE Application Error" and STMAPI errors about 2 months ago. Happens at random times and I sometimes get the STMAPI error when shutting down Outlook. The Stmap.exe error gives me these details - The instruction at "0x774fdf0b" referenced memory at "0x00000028". The memory could not be "Read". STmapi error states - STMAPI has encountered a problem and needs to Close. In the viewer pane it says - "This item cannot be displayed ...

Error code 80070490 12-04-09
I receive this message when i attempt to install the updates and have tried to reinstall vista to solve the problem but am unable to open the "setup.exe" file it says it can't find it when i click on it. any ideas on what the problem is or how to fix it? im running windows vista sp1 You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044 -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com Jordo wrote: &...

Other applications like FileWay for Exchange/OWA?
Are there any other applications similar to FileWay for OWA available? We are looking for an application that gives network file access through the OWA interface, preferably something fairly Active Directory integrated. Thanks for any pointers! ...

lifetime of Session and Application ???
Hello. Lifetime of Session-data is specified in web.config. But what about Application-data? I have a little testWebApp in which Session-timeout is set to 1 minute Application["AppData"] = 1; Session["SessionData"] = 2; lblAppData.Text = Application["AppData"] != null ? Application["AppData"]: "Expired" lblSessionData.Text = Session["SessionData"] != null ? Session["SessionData"]: "Expired" refreshing the page after more than 1 mi...

Currency Reporting error
I recently reported the error in tax-capital gains report of foreign investments for Money2004 Canadian edition. While MSFT support team acknowledges the bug, which is reproduceable, they provide no response as to when, if the problem will be resolved. What's the point in the support system if problems are not resolved? Time to try Quicken? Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support Services. My name is May and I will be assisting you with this service request. After viewing the case log, my understanding is that the capital gains are calculated incorrectly if t...

Question about Dialog Application
Hello, I have such question. I created dialog box application. Inside this application I want to created my onw class. class CMyPLSystemDlg : public CDialog { .... CMyCustomClass* VM; .... }; How can I close my application if some error occurs during my custom class creation? Can I send something like SendMessage(WM_CLOSE) from my class constructor to main Dialog application to abort it? Thank you in advance Igor igor tarasov wrote: > Hello, > I have such question. I created dialog box application. Inside this > application I want to created my onw class. > > class...

exe to c++
anybody knows how make this, i need visualice how an exe file application open an encrypted file (what is more easy ? open the encrypted file or decompile exe application to c++ source >) Open the encrypted file. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Javier Gonzalez" <JavierGonzalez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D08F549-529A-424B-9A0E-40E582323F67@microsoft.com... > anybody knows how make this, i need visualice how an exe file application > open an encrypted file (what is more easy ? open the encrypted file or...

Classes generated by XSD.exe #2
I have a schema that I've used to generate a class structure vis the xsd.exe utility. I'm having to manually validate the resultant XML since the resultant document is not necessarily compliant with the structure defined by the original XSD. Here's what I'm wondering, though..... I have a server process that is going to have to process these documents rather quickly. At the end of the document, there are going to be attached files (base64encoded). During this processing, there isn't any sense in loading up the entire XML statement into a DOM document because I only...

=SMALL(A1:A10;6) returns #NUM error
I'm trying to use =SMALL(A1:A10;6) to find the 6th smallest number in A1:A10 but it returns a #NUM error if there are only 5 fields in the array containing numbers. It doesn't seem to treat a blank cell as the number zero. Is there a way to supress this without filling the array with zeros? Should this work..? IF(SMALL(A1:A10;6)=#NUM!; 0; SMALL(A1:A10;6)) Try =SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A10);A1:A10,0);6) array intered (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) Jerry CWatters wrote: > I'm trying to use > > =SMALL(A1:A10;6) > > to find the 6th smallest number in A1:A10 but it retu...

Application view does not get refreshed
Hi All, I have Intellipoint for my MS Mouse installed. I have a application with differnet dialogs views on a Frame Window. Now If I start the application the View of application does not get refresh and it flickers a lot. If I close the Intellipoint (iPoint.exe) from Task Manager, My Application works properly with out any error. Can You please tell me how to fix this issue. Do I need to take care of special Case where Intellipoint is intalled. Thanks Anup I don't have this problem, but it seems like the guys in this discussion did: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?thre...

Fiscal Period Error
I have adjusted the fiscal periods & when I close the Fiscal Period Setup window I receive the error / warning: "These changes will cause period balances to be incorrect. You will have to reconcile the General Ledger, Payables Management, and Receivables Management modules." I went into the Reconcile to GL window in the Financial Routines section, but all this seems to do is open an Excel spreadsheet. Is this window prompting me for a task I must complete in GP or is it a warning that its a good business practice to perform a manual reconciliation? Adam, You are looki...

Dispaly error
Our bookkeeper has done something to a worksheet that I can not figure out, either how she did it or how to fix it. The solution is probably staring me in the face but I can not see it. The sheet is displaying formulas not the results. I have highlighted the areas and "reformatted" the cells without them changing. Dates are not displaying properly either. It is puzzling because it is only one sheet in a multi- sheet workbook. Thanks, in advance. John Type CTRL-` (accent grave, the key with the tilde to the left of the 1 and above the Tab on US keyboards) In article <1a...

error when i open my outlook, now error when i try to fix it!
so i posted a topic on ehre yesterday about an error that showed up whenever i opened my outlook 2007. the error is: "cannot open your default e-mail folders. the file.C:\Users\Jackie\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst cannot be accessed. data error (cyclic redundancy check)." i got some answers saying that my ".pst file is corrupt." and that i should "try to use the Inbox Repair Tool(scanpst.exe)." so i followed the instructions to get to scarpst.exe, and started the scan...but then this error came up!: "an unexpected error pre...

Importing applicants
Using Integration manager on GP 10, is there any way to import into the employee applicant tables rather than the employee payroll master? Thanks. Jerry No, it's not. There's a tool from eOne Solutions called SmartConnect. It is based on eConnect. If eConnect has a destination object for applicants you're in luck. Otherwise, you'd need to use a different tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jerry Flatto" wrote: > Using Integration manager on GP 10, is there any way to import into the > employee applicant tables rather than the employee payroll master? > ...

How to activate another application?
Hi, I am not a C++ expert and I want to activate another application from my C++ code (doesn't matter if it is Windows SDK or MFC). First I successfully find the handle to the window. For example using hwnd->SendMessage(WM_CLOSE,0,0) closes the app I want to activate. But I have tried to use WM_ACTIVATE and WM_SETFOCUS to bring this app to the foreground, but it did not seem to have any effect. Does anyone have a working code for activating another application? Thanks, Miroslaw Try BringWindowToTop. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com >I am not a C++ expert and I want to...

code gives an error
i am doing some tabulations in excel 2003 and because in some rows there is no data, i get an error or Dvd! message is there anyway to code the system to leave those blank? If your formula looks like: =a1/b1 You can use: =if(b1=0,"",a1/b1) ********Meg wrote: > > i am doing some tabulations in excel 2003 and because in some rows there is > no data, i get an error or Dvd! message > is there anyway to code the system to leave those blank? -- Dave Peterson ...

unknown error 0x80040201 #3
Outlook 2003 is telling me it got this error trying to send. There is nothing in the outbox to send. it only comes on one of the four account i have in my profile. What to do? I should add that when i do try to send something through that account, it is able to send it. "Bill" <don't want spam> wrote in message news:e9HrV7u8FHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 is telling me it got this error trying to send. There is > nothing in the outbox to send. it only comes on one of the four account i > have in my profile. What to do? > ...

Isinteg.exe / Eseutil.exe question
Is there a good way to automate the following: 1. Take exchange mail store offline 2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. 3. Wait for maint tools to complete. 4. Bring exchange mail store back online. thanks On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:24:22 -0600, "Scott McFadden" <nospam.smcfadden@criticaltech.com> wrote: >Is there a good way to automate the following: > >1. Take exchange mail store offline > >2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. > >3. Wait for maint tools to complete. > >4. Bring exchange mail store back online. > >...