Size of message

Hi,
I am using Outlook 2007 and somehow I am getting a huge size (1MB) emails
recently (at least is the size that Outlook mentions) for small emails (10KB).

Is there some issue with some path that was done recently, or non Outlook
email, or Outlook 2010 or whatever.
The thing is, it takes long to show the reading pane preview and also to
open the email. It is really FRUSTRATING.

Any known issue on this? Fixes?
Thank you

phtomita wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Outlook 2007 and somehow I am getting a huge size (1MB) emails
> recently (at least is the size that Outlook mentions) for small emails (10KB).
>
> Is there some issue with some path that was done recently, or non Outlook
> email, or Outlook 2010 or whatever.
> The thing is, it takes long to show the reading pane preview and also to
> open the email. It is really FRUSTRATING.
>
> Any known issue on this? Fixes?
> Thank you

Does "getting" mean receiving or sending of e-mails?  If receiving, the
sender controls how large are their e-mails.  If they are huge then complain
to the sender.  If sending, perhaps you are slapping on a signature with a
big image in it.

If the problem is receiving huge e-mails, you could use the webmail
interface to your e-mail account to check up on the mail server what is the
size of the e-mail before retrieving it into Outlook.  Either use the
webmail interface while Outlook is unloaded, or configure the e-mail account
in Outlook to "leave messages on server" so they remain up on the server in
your mailbox for you to look at them there (but if you use the "leave
messages on server" option then you probably also want to use the "delete N
days after retrieved" option to make sure your mailbox doesn't get full due
to lingering old messages sitting in it).

If the size column in Outlook shows an e-mail is 1MB in size, why do YOU
think it is only 10KB in size?
0
VanguardLH

Message Notification Icon on the system tray
The registry setting for this with Outlook XP is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Preferences\ShowEnvelope Of course with 2000 the location might be: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Preferences\ShowEnvelope Changing the value of ShowEnvelope to 0 will turn off, 1 to turn on.(Double-Click on the Key and make the Value a 1) Do not know it this will work with 2000, but it's worth a try. Of course if you have Outlook open you'll have to restart it. ...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

how do i pick up messages on another computer
How do I pick up my email messages from someone else's computer On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 04:04:01 -0700 keepitsimple <keepitsimple@discussions.microsoft.com> articulated: > How do I pick up my email messages from someone else's computer The fact that you even ask that question is scary. 1) Do you understand what a network is? 2) What OS is your PC running? 3) What OS is the PC you are attempting to access running? 4) Is this "someone else's computer" a mail server or a users personal PC that had previously download mail that you now want to access? 5)...

outlook express messages not showing text
Help! my outlook express is not showing the text for incoming messages. I am not sure what happened or was pushed to make this happen. I can go in to properties and view the message that way or export it into outlook to view. I have tried view and it says show all messages. Can anyone help me? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Messages to derived CWnd object on CFormView
Hi, I have a object that I created that is derived from CWnd. In my SDI application with a CFormView, I have created the object. (Draws a box on the form) Now I would like the object to handle the left mouse down event. I added the left mouse button down event to my object. But how do I ??? so that my object receives the left mouse down event when a user clicks on the object? (box) Thanks Sheldon Add a WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler. Do whatever you want in it. Note that you must create a member variable of the correct type (you may have to hand-edit the .h file to get your class name there) s...

Deleting duplicate messages
Hi all! I am looking for an Exchange tool to delete duplicate messages on Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Small Business Server 2003 SP1. This is the reason why: After updating our Exchange antivirus software it was improperly configured and started deleting old random messages with attachments. I have a full tape backup from the night before so that is not a problem. The only problem is our backup software will not restore and overwrite the messages that are already there without making duplicates. I could just delete the entire mailbox and restore but then I would lose all of the ...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

error message 0x8004060C
while receiving messages, the progress bar just goes forward, but no actual messages are downloaded. when the progress bar is complete, it displays the error message. meanwhile, i can't do anything in outlook except marking messages read or unread. i try to delete, move messages, add tasks, nothing works. i just get an error like: 'cannot move items' or outlook has encountered an unexpected error. if the problem persists, please restart outlook'. of course restarting outlook or even my computer is of no help whatsoever. please help, this is my office email program and...

Error Message in GP 8.0
I'm getting an error message when creating sales orders - even at the initial point of creating the sales order. It's "A get/change operation on table 'ME_RM_EFT_MSTR' cannot find the table.". I have tried re-installing the eBanking module multiple times but this does not seem to help (seems to be the EFT on Receivables Management). When I query in SQL, the table is an invalid object. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much! Lisa You have to create the tables. If you are in GP v8, go file > Maintenence> SQL, select the product and select ro drop and recre...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Error Message on instalacion CRM 3.0. Only Experts
Hi, I'm installing CRM 3.0 under SBS 2003 Premium. When I install Microsoft Dynamics CRM, I receive the following error message: >>The specified path is not a metabase path. >>Parameter name:Path This problem occurs when I run the Environment Diagnostics wizard (Reporting Server) There is a reference in Knowledge Base in Article ID : 916164 I've checked both methods and doesn't solve the proble Could someone Help me? Thanks ...

Lost messages from outside #2
We have several domains that are unable to send messages to us. I don't see them in the message tracker, they dont appear to ever reach the exchange server. we do receive messages from the outside, i have a hotmail, yahoo, and personal account that messages always are received from. We have two mx records, the primary is obsolete (and will be removed), but the secondary should be able to be located. We do not get our mail from our isp, mail should hit our external gateway, then the firewall and then get redirected to the mail server. we use a pix firewall Exchange 2003. Where...

Outlook 2002 not repsonding when moving messages
When I attempt to move a message from Outlook 2002 inbox to a personal folder, Outlook goes into a "not responding" status. What are my options? ...

Remove Message Size Limiter
Dear All, im getting bounces to my exchanger server due to attachment size. Mail in question is a 5Mb message (Becomes 6.8 when in message format) commining from a hotmail account. I Know it isnt a Hotmail limitation, as ive sent the message to another organisations EX server. I need there to be absoloutly NO limitations within exchange AT ALL for the sending receiving or delivery of mail. I have been through exchange with a fine tooth comb and cannot find any such restrictors but im obviously missing somthing ive also checked the AD account in question to see if a limit has been plac...

Personal folder size
Hi, I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has increased in size from 26mb to 103mb. I've tried compacting it, but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the size? Thanks Barry Nope, since it sounds like you have used the tools that are provided and removed any items from the pst that you just don't want. "Barry K" <bnk@cvl.uk.com> wrote in message news:c50il2$4tl$1@news.netkonect.net... > Hi, > I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has > increased in size from 26mb to 103m...

Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0
A partner would like to submit suggestion for Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9792a1a-1a3d-4d82-b56d-7ce8909368c3&dg=micros...

blank page size
HI I am using MS Publisher 2003 and I go to a blank page, then page setup and select A3 size, however, the blank page shown is still showing as a4. If I go to Print preview, then it shows the A3 page. This has only happened recently (not used A3 size for a while). As I have an A3 Printer, I want to be able to see the correct size when I am setting teh page up. Can anyone help please? Barry The first step is to set the Print setup. The would be the size of the paper stock in the printer and the way it sets in the supply tray, portrait or landscape. Then, set the File, Page setup. -- ...

Follow Up Flags Message
I have a user, who upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, a few days ago. Since the upgrade, the user has the message, "Upgrading multicolored For Follow Up Flags to Color Categories..." at the bottom of their Outlook. Does anyone know why this message appears and how we can eliminate it? I've seen several posts on Google, but no one has posted a resolution. Thanks.. It's a required change since Outlook 2007 stores the Category list in the mailbox instead of in the registry. Depending on the size of the mailbox and the amount of items that have categorie...