Signature not displayed in reply/forward

I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything.

I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies.  All
works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't
appear in reply or forward automatically.  I've checked the settings, I even
tried the internet format  conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound
RTF.  In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email
messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked.
  It's happening more than I expected so I hope to find an answer from the
more knowledgable out there amongst you!

Thanks in advance.

Have you verified that there is also an rtf-version of your signature in
your Signatures folder?
For quick access to the Signatures folder, hold CTRL when clicking on the
Signatures... button in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"MissV" <MissV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything.
>
> I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies.  All
> works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't
> appear in reply or forward automatically.  I've checked the settings, I
> even
> tried the internet format  conversion to HTML format for replies to
> inbound
> RTF.  In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit
> email
> messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are
> ticked.
>  It's happening more than I expected so I hope to find an answer from the
> more knowledgable out there amongst you!
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Roady
1/19/2010 12:37:56 PM
Hello, thanks for replying.  Yes I've just checked and there is an RTF
version in the Signatures folder along with the HTML version.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Have you verified that there is also an rtf-version of your signature in
> your Signatures folder?
> For quick access to the Signatures folder, hold CTRL when clicking on the
> Signatures... button in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "MissV" <MissV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything.
> >
> > I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies.  All
> > works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't
> > appear in reply or forward automatically.  I've checked the settings, I
> > even
> > tried the internet format  conversion to HTML format for replies to
> > inbound
> > RTF.  In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit
> > email
> > messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are
> > ticked.
> >  It's happening more than I expected so I hope to find an answer from the
> > more knowledgable out there amongst you!
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> .

How do I get the REPLY button to show up on top of each email?
I lost my reply button at the top of each email. How do I get it back? Thanks for your help! By asking in a group relevant to your email client? "mjmapes" <mjmapes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:420D315B-5ED0-4A95-8FD2-57211B2CBB69@microsoft.com... :I lost my reply button at the top of each email. How do I get it back? : Thanks for your help! ...

Insert Signature Missing (Outlook 2003)
I have two signatures configured in Outlook 2003 and have neither of them configured to be automatically inserted. Instead, I want to insert one of them on a case by case basis through the "Insert\Signature" menu. However, the Signature menu option is MISSING! Outlook 2003 Help indicates that it should be there, but it's not! Please help. ...

Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.
I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure. I have had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a Hotfix patch. This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.” THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different ema...

webmail cert not displaying
Hi Everyone, I just finished doing a migration from one exchange server to another and everything is working fine except for 1 thing. My webmail. I was able to export my cert from the old server and import it into the new server. Everyone can access webmail and login perfectly fine. The problem is, is that we have 3 different companys that all use different login sites (ex. https://webmail.companyname.ca) and 2 of the companies get the cert displaying when they browse to the site but for one company they dont get the cert displaying. They are still able to login and everything but...

No signature lines in replies
Hello, I have an ongoing problem: If I create new mail my signature line is embedded all right. But on the other hand, if I reply a message, the same signature line is not embedded to the mail! I have to do it manually. I set a signature text up in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Signatures for new messages as well as Signatures for replies and forwards i.e. both cases have a signature text. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Cem what version of outlook and are you using word or the outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

PNG files not displayed correctly
An image has its picture property set to a .png file. Most of the image appears correctly, except for faded borders. These can be viewed alright in most other applications, but appear black within Access, making the image look rubbish. Suggestions? ...

How to display a text file dynamically?
I need to show a large text file ( <10M) to users in a dialog. Meanwhile, the file is being appened with more data by a seperate process. I have little experience with MFC. I guess I should use RichEditCtrl for this case. But I'm not sure if I should use SetDlgItemText(..) to send file content to the control. This is Question 1. Secondly, I'd like send only the newly appended part of the file to the control for every refresh, instead of the whole file everytime. Are there any existing functions/mechanisms in MFC for this purpose? By the way, I have to use VC++ for the project (no...

Automatically specify reply/forward format possible?
Hiya - I have a client with OL2003 (fully patched) on Exchange 2000, who wants to somehow, magically, ensure that replies & forwards are always sent in HTML, regardless of the sender's format. He uses Word as email editor, HTML as default for new messages, and has more macros, autotext, etc etc etc than anyone else on the planet. I don't see any way to do this, but thought I would check with the guru squad here. He's kind of a tinkerer and doesn't mind creating something himself to do this (although he doesn't have VBScript experience, I'm sure he'd be delighte...

Displaying non-English characters
Hello I have a .csv file whic have the following characters N�UAI N�SIRET N�FINESS but are being displayed like this N°UAI N°SIRET N°FINESS what changes do i need to carryout in the "Options" to display the characters correctly regards barry On Feb 12, 7:23 pm, "barry" <some...@somewhere.com> wrote: > Hello Make sure that you have the relevant code pages installed on your computer so that it can display the characters. > > I have a .csv file whic have the following characters > > N=B0UAI N=B0SIRET ...

Reply to Multiple Email Addresses
I have a small database of people that I email to. When they reply, some of them show up as email address and some show as friendly names. I want to reply to several at one time but outlook will not allow me to do this. Can I turn off the friendly names for contacts so that only their full email addresses show up? Is there any other solution?, I am going crazy! Please help! ...

My jpeg logo stopped appearing in my signature & how to coordinate signature?

Signature #18
Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing email? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm "Brian Wagerer" <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote in message news:eQy8IVv5FHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? Brian Wagerer <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote: > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? A disclaimer of that kind is best added by the outgoing server and not ...

Display in Thousands
I am trying to convert all my spreadsheets to display in thousands with commas. Unfortunately, I cannot get the commas to show. Ex, 10,215,159 as 10,215 instead of 10215 I am using #,;(#,) Please help - Thanks Hi. Try going to Format, cells, then choose Number and to the right of that, click zero decimal places and check the box marked 'use 1000 separator (,)' "MorningMuse" wrote: > I am trying to convert all my spreadsheets to display in thousands with > commas. Unfortunately, I cannot get the commas to show. > > Ex, 10,215,159 as 10,215 instead o...

Remove footer lines from Signature portion of Receipt?
We're using a rather long footer (for our Return Policy), but it's also printing out on the Signature portion (that we keep) for Credit receipts, etc. thus wasting alot of paper...is there a way to keep the same footer lines from printer on both portions of the receipt? Thanx! -- Best regards, Rich Muller Rich, One possible way would be to create two different receipt formats on two different "printers" that actually point to the same printer. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <rmuller@bellabeadboutique.(nospam).com> wrote in message news:9D1CCA70-4579-4ED5-...

Forwarding messages from public domain to local exchange (2003)
local domain is created (office.client.com). Exchange needs to send and recieve mail from public domain www.client.com. I host the email account with surgemail. how do i accomplish this without interupting email delivery to www.client.com and replicate messages to the exchange server? simply they are moving to an internal exchange to take advantage of the features of a phone system but want to use our email server to filter most of the spam before it hits the exchange (smarthost im guessing) On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 06:17:57 -0800, tvance - reluctant exchange admin <tvance - reluctant exc...

Display PDF in browser
Dear All, How do I enable the 'Display PDF in Browser' option in Internet Explorer 8? I am trying to submit a PDF document online, but get following error message: For security reasons your return could not be saved. Please ensure that the 'Display PDF in Browser' option is selected under the Edit - Preferences - Internet settings in Adobe Reader. I have tried to find the PDF option under preferences, but cannot find it. Many thanks, Saar Saar <Saar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > How do I enable the 'Display PDF in ...

How do I export information from FileMaker and still display zero.

signature
I would like to have a signature block and logo at the end of all outgoing e-mails. I can enter an signature and address, but I don't know how to include a logo from a jpg file. Can you help me? Mark I'm not an expert on graphic signatures, but here are four tutorials = that may help you: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94853-windows-mail-signatures.html http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/General/Create_Image_Signatures_in_Win= dows_Mail_or_Live_Mail/ http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et112703.htm=20 http://email.about.com/cs/oetipstricks/qt/et121503.htm=20 ...

attempting to view replies
When attempting to view replies, either by preview or by opening, the reply is not displayed. Only the contents of the original email is displayed. This occurrs in IMAP folders. By closing and reopening Outlook I can get the reply to dispaly but I should not have to this. Any suggestions? Clean out your TEMP and Temporary Internet Files folders. Start run and type %temp%, delete all files in this folder. "Blogman" <@> wrote in message news:O0JYND4vFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > When attempting to view replies, either by preview or by opening, the > reply > is...

Grouping daily records by week for chart display
I have a table of daily sales transactions, but need to chart the data by week (and month). I will be showing the sum of sales for a given week as a single data point. Is there a simple way to do this in creating the chart, or do I first need to pivot the data and then create the chart? Hi Mike, You can use the Pivot Table tool to do this or you can do it in the spreadsheet with a regular chart. You also have the option to use the pivot table as the source for a non-pivot table chart. The real question is which method do you want? I will illustrate one of the solutions, if you want on...

WAV in signature
I've been having fun adding animated gifs to my signature in outlook, but I haven't been able to figure out how to add a WAV file that will play automatically when an email is opened. Can this be added to the signature - does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Joe in Florida What version of Outlook? Do your friends *really* appreciate the overhead for animated gifs and wave files? Does anyone? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

display of calculation result is wrong
I've created a spreadsheet where certain input values seem to cause an incorrect value to appear in a cell. The calculation result should display the calue of 90%, but the cell shows a value of 168%. I have two other cells that reference this cell: one shows the corerct value of 90%, and the other shows 168%. This is really weird - I've neve seen this before. Why is Excel showing the wrong value? I checking the calculation with my hand calculator, the correct value is 90%. When I cut and paste "values" to another cell, the number is the incorrect value of 168. ...

Transaction logs contain invalid signature
Continuing my woes involving an Exchange 5.5 Server, I have reinstalled from scratch and now have a solid foundation to work from. I have moved back the information store including transaction logs that existed before the crash. However, on trying to perform a soft recovery I receive the error, "Timestamp in next log does not match expected". On inspecting the log headers I find that the signature of every file reads "Create time:223/0/1905 0:0:6 Rand: 26632". This indicates to me that the server's time may have been invalid on boot and was later updated by n...

How to display HTML that is the data within and XML file.
Someone generates an XML file. The data in the file is HTML. She sends the file to me. I upload it to my site. A page on the site will extract the HTML and assign it to a Literal so it is displayed. The probem is that it is error prone for her not to see HTML in a browser. It would appear that she could develop the HTML in a HTML editor then cut and pasete into the XML. But I only showed one section - there are actually many sections in the file. And the HTML is usually quite simple. If she could just view it before sending it to me would be sufficient. Is there any way...