Signature and text format query

I have created a signature which inserts automatically when I click New,
Reply or Forward in Outlook.
But when right clicking a file and selecting Send To, Mail Recipient it
opens a new untitled message in Plain Text with a signature/footnote ("The
message is ready to be sent...). How can I have that message open up in HTML
format instead?
Also, how can I set it up so that my own signature that I have created
automatically appears when the untitled message opens up (instead of having
to insert it manually afterwards)?
The same question applies when I have an open file (eg: a Word document) and
click File, Send To, Mail Recipient (As Attachment) (for 2003) or Office
Button, Send, Mail (for 2007). Albeit that the untitled message opens up in
HTML format this time around, no signature appears and I have to insert it
manually.

"Alan S" <Alan S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have created a signature which inserts automatically when I click New,
> Reply or Forward in Outlook.
> But when right clicking a file and selecting Send To, Mail Recipient it
> opens a new untitled message in Plain Text with a signature/footnote ("The
> message is ready to be sent...). How can I have that message open up in HTML
> format instead?
> Also, how can I set it up so that my own signature that I have created
> automatically appears when the untitled message opens up (instead of having
> to insert it manually afterwards)?
> The same question applies when I have an open file (eg: a Word document) and
> click File, Send To, Mail Recipient (As Attachment) (for 2003) or Office
> Button, Send, Mail (for 2007). Albeit that the untitled message opens up in
> HTML format this time around, no signature appears and I have to insert it
> manually.

You can't.  The Send To method uses a simpler programming interface than a
normal instance of Outlook and what you would like is not available to that
interface.  No program creating a message using that interface can get at the
features you want.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Insert Signature Missing (Outlook 2003)
I have two signatures configured in Outlook 2003 and have neither of them configured to be automatically inserted. Instead, I want to insert one of them on a case by case basis through the "Insert\Signature" menu. However, the Signature menu option is MISSING! Outlook 2003 Help indicates that it should be there, but it's not! Please help. ...

Email Signatures: "The signature "blah blah" could not be located.
I have just reinstalled Office 2003, following a hard drive failure. I have had the problem I am about to explain before and Microsoft provided me with a Hotfix patch. This worked previously but now says "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.” THE PROBLEM: I have several different email addresses and a different ema...

Publisher pastes in a different format from copied text. Fix?
Publisher 2007 Pasted text is always Arial, 1.14 sp between lines, 9 pt after paragraphs, regardless of format or font of copied text. How do I make it paste exactly what is copied? From where are you copying? Have you tried paste special? Are you pasting directly into a created text box or are you letting Publisher create the box? Have you tried importing the text directly? Select the text box, right-click, change text, text file, browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vegas Roy" <Vega...

How to use the exact format in a csv file when opening a csv file
As captioned, in my .csv file, Field A is 02, Field B is 1.2%, Field C is 0.0, but after open in Excel, Field A becomes 2, Field B becomes 1.20%, Field C becomes 0. How to prevent Excel change the value format when opening a csv file? Thx!! I don't think you can. But if you rename the file from *.csv to *.txt, you can specify each field in the data import wizard. That way you could treat the 02 as text (not numeric). But the 1.2% will come in the way excel likes. A more common approach would be to just format the cells the way you want after you import the data. tong wrote: >...

Headers and repeated text
I am trying to understand the difference between text put in a header and what I call “repeated text”. On one of Publisher’s Newsletter templates, you can change the “Newsletter Title” on the first page and it automatically changes the title on the inside page. Same with the Volume # and Issue # of the newsletter. When I CTRL M to go the master page though, I see nothing. Are the repeated text boxes “headers”, and if so, shouldn’t they appear on the master page? Can anyone please direct me to a tutorial or other way I can clear this up? Te “repeated text” boxes in the template seem...

Help..Conditionally formating a cell with numbers
Hi all, Is it possible to conditionally format a cell with numbers. I need a formula that will give a minimum value in a cell yet still allow a true value if it is over the minimum. Any help will be great, thanks in advance. Mick. Hi Mick, There is a feature in Excel called "Conditional Formatting" and it cannot change the value or the numberformatting of any cell. It can change the font, colors, and patterns in a cell. Remove the C.F. and it is revealed that no actual changes were made to the cell. Nor is Excel equipped to have a value in a cell but display a different value ba...

Setting Text in a ComboBox
Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style CombBox control using SetWindowText()? I was able to change the text in the edit control part of the ComboBox manually. Thanks, Vincent. I don't know why can't you? Post some code. You should be able to m_MyCombo.SetWindowText("The Text"); Ali R. "Vincent Yu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e2b01c3ad48$5309d630$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Does anybody know why I cannot set the text in the > edit control of a CBS_DROPDOWN style ...

formatting cells #6
I have an Excel worksheet where one column contains full names. Last names and first names are separated by commas. I want to know if there's a way for Excel to automatically pick apart the names, like it does when I import comma delimited files. Help! Thanks, -ME Hi Matt Check out Data>Text to Columns in the Menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Matt Edwards" <matte@uga.edu> wrote in message news:008101c3c8be$8edb8b40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel worksheet where one column contains full > names...

How to display a text file dynamically?
I need to show a large text file ( <10M) to users in a dialog. Meanwhile, the file is being appened with more data by a seperate process. I have little experience with MFC. I guess I should use RichEditCtrl for this case. But I'm not sure if I should use SetDlgItemText(..) to send file content to the control. This is Question 1. Secondly, I'd like send only the newly appended part of the file to the control for every refresh, instead of the whole file everytime. Are there any existing functions/mechanisms in MFC for this purpose? By the way, I have to use VC++ for the project (no...

XmlTextReader problem with &amp; in element text
I have an XSD defined as the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"> <xs:element name="Application"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ReceivedDate" type="xs:string"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> </xs:schema> I have the following XML I am validating against the XSD: <Appl...

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

No signature lines in replies
Hello, I have an ongoing problem: If I create new mail my signature line is embedded all right. But on the other hand, if I reply a message, the same signature line is not embedded to the mail! I have to do it manually. I set a signature text up in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Signatures for new messages as well as Signatures for replies and forwards i.e. both cases have a signature text. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Cem what version of outlook and are you using word or the outlook editor? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

copy format and formulas of one report to a second report
I need to copy a report to create a second report, and am looking to know how to globally change formulas to a different table/query. The fields in the two tables are identical, the data results are different. Example of a Current formula: =Sum(IIf([Customer Sat Results database]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) New report formula would be: =Sum(IIf([Internet Customer Sat Results database Query1]![The service or information you received was appropriate and help]="Good",1,0)) there are about 96 formulas t...

Delete text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can't delete marked text by pressing BACKSPACE Well, since the Mac keyboards I'm familiar with don't have a BACKSPACE key I'm not sure what you're pressing :-) but it's most likely a matter of going to: Word>Preferences> Edit, check the box for "Typing replaces selection". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/9/10 11:15 AM, in article 59bb2874.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IO@officeformac.com" <IO@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version...

validation list drop down box, how do I bring in text commands
I have a reference set in excel that is two columns. The first column lists functions in text (i.e. AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MAX, MIN....). The second column lists the corresponding function number (i.e. AVG = 1, COUNT =2....). I made a drop down box using data, validation, list so that the function numbers appear in a row. The row below I put in subtotal(grab command from drop down, data set to calc). I can't figure out how to return the TEXT from my columns above, rather than function number. I want my drop down to have AVERAGE, not 1. Hi Scott, Debra Dalgleish has pages ...

Format
I am trying to create a 4 x 6 booklet of many pages. I have a word document that is also in 4x 6 format but when I import it it changes to letter format. When I do a text box autoformat it changes the first pageonly What do I do next Dave Create a text box on the first page you want the text to begin, select the text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse to the Word document. Publisher will automatically create pages and text boxes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shawnews" &...

Is it possible to display text in charts?
I am creating graphs for results from a survey. Part of this is to graph each individual's response to every question. If a person did not answer a question, I would like "N/A" to appear in the data for the chart. I am not using formulas -- the numbers are typed directly into the spreadsheet. Is there any way to have the text "N/A" display in the chart data? Currently, if I enter text in the corresponding cell, it displays as "0" in the chart data. Thanks! Janine, You can try applying a custom format to those entries that are coming across as zero....

Entering wrapping text
I have two issues when entering text in an Excel cell. I format the text to wrap, and the row height increases to accept additional text as I type. Sometimes this stops happening, and I have to resize the row manually. How do I control this? Also, although the row size increases as I add text, it doesn't seem to decrease if I delete text. Is there any way to make this happen? When I format the text as "general" it displays correctly in the cell (although in the sample pane it displays as ##################). When I format the text as text it displays as ################### in bo...

Formatting text string
Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long text string from one cell (continued over may cell in that same row) to an area below consisting of several rows and cells. Note: I thought that in the pest I accomplish this by selecting the intended area and then formatting re Format / Justify Distributed. But now that box is grayed out. Is that formatting option no longer available? -- Paul Ops! I forgot to mention... We're running Excel 2002. -- Paul "Paul from B I" wrote: > Justify Distributed: I'm trying to redistribute a single long tex...

VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP Query
Hope I can explain this clearly enough . I have c 50 branches of a retail outlet, each of which have a bank account that is used on a daily basis. The accounts are, however, cleared to a central account at the end of each month by way of an automatic transfer. I need to set-up a monitoring system so that I can track the cumulative balance at each outlet, even though some of this will no longer be showing on the respective bank accounts (after 31/1/10 - the first clearance date). I am advised each month of the amounts transferred to the central account and then have to do week...

Signature #18
Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing email? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm "Brian Wagerer" <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote in message news:eQy8IVv5FHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? Brian Wagerer <bwagerer@garrettcollege.edu> wrote: > Is there a way to add a disclaimer to all users signature for outgoing > email? A disclaimer of that kind is best added by the outgoing server and not ...

My jpeg logo stopped appearing in my signature & how to coordinate signature?

Adding text to a form
I tried to find an answer today but I could not I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want to use popups I jest want to put a text in the bottom of the form How do I do this? I had the same problem - I ended up creating a section to use that as my static text. You would think there would be a better solution that that, but I could not find any. "stella7113" wrote: > I tried to find an answer today but I could not > > > > I wan't to insert a stic help text in the accounts form. I do not want > to use popups I jest want...

Save csv format to dbf format