Shortcut for Insert Hyperlink?

I've always used the keyboard shortcut (I think it's Alt+I+I...my fingers do
it on their own so it's hard to remember!) to insert a hyperlink in an email
message. However, this shortcut no longer works in Outlook 2007. I can't even
see a way to add it - Customize only gives me the option to add things to the
QAT.

Is there a way to add this keyboard shortcut?

Thanks,
Jen

CTRL+K is the proper shortcut.
Alt, I, I is a menu reference.
If you want to use a menu reference in Outlook 2007, it would be ALT, N, I

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"JenC" <JenC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've always used the keyboard shortcut (I think it's Alt+I+I...my fingers
> do
> it on their own so it's hard to remember!) to insert a hyperlink in an
> email
> message. However, this shortcut no longer works in Outlook 2007. I can't
> even
> see a way to add it - Customize only gives me the option to add things to
> the
> QAT.
>
> Is there a way to add this keyboard shortcut?
>
> Thanks,
> Jen

0
Roady

Library Slot Disappears after inserting Cleaning Tape
I have DPM 2010 RC + Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 installed The tape library is a Dell TL2000 After inserting the cleaning tape into the library, the slot in the library in which it was inserted into disappears from the DPM console. When I try to clean the drive through the DPM console it fails. Any suggestions would be great! TL2000 and TL4000 will self clean when needed using the dedicated cleaning slot if enabled. "techraider04" wrote: > I have DPM 2010 RC + Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 installed > > The tape library is a Dell TL2000 > > Af...

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Hyperlinks to other Word 2004 documents
I am trying to get a word document to hyperlink to another word = document.=20 I can get it working when both documents are in the same folder, it=20 sometimes works when the document is in a subfolder of the source folder = but each time it is a folder at the same level of hierarchy or a higher = level=20 folder you get the message Cannot open the specified file All file paths look ok and I have redone the links a number of times = without=20 any luck. In article <3f9d01c47f92$24965040$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Andrew McVeigh" <surfway@bigpond.com> wrote: > I am tryin...

hyperlinks in pub 2003 #2
I cannot get my hyperlinks to work on this site. I have another site that is successful but for that one I did each page separately rather than as a publication as this one is. I've tried just adding the hyperlinks to the text and I also tried with html coding - neither worked. I've downloaded the html files and the name_files in question to the ftp html folder. Can someone offer any advise? www.offshoretranscriptioncanada.com The hyperlinks in question are on the 'locate a consultant' page. appreciate any help! donna All the links work here but all seem to go to the...

How do I insert a check box in Excel Vista? I'm a novice
I would like to use a check box rather than inserting a symbol (tick) into the cell. is this possible with Excel Vista? I'm not a programmer so the solution needs to be simple! For XL2003..from menu View>Toolbars>Control Toolbox>Double click the checkbox>click the worksheet>Click the toolbar checkbox>Close the toolbar For XL2003..from menu View>Toolbars>Forms>Double click the checkbox>click the worksheet>Click the toolbar checkbox>Close the toolbar For XL2007..from the menu bar select Developer tab>then Insert and double click the ...

Inserting date from formuls
Hi all, I have a data verification drop down created and I am trying to make the date poplate in certain cells depending on my drop down choice. The main thing I have found for this would be the "today()" value. The problem with this though is that the date changes daily. I need this to be a static value. Any help would be great. Thanks. =IF(K8="closed", TODAY()) Make use of an Event Macro in that sheet level: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

Pulling from a data source and displaying as hyperlink
I have a table with a hyperlink. When I display the data by pulling from a data source - I want the hyperlink comming from the database to actually show up as a clickable hyperlink so I can pass it on with parameters to reporting services. When it displays it, it has the word "Hyperlink:\www..." instead of converting it to an actual hyperlink. I'm guessing there is something similar to do as you would when pulling HTML from a data source where you tell it to not actually display the HTML but convert it... Hi Joe: Sometimes hyperlinks drawn from data sources are not ...

Inserting worksheet
I would like to insert a worksheet template into a workbook by simpl inserting a specified number into a cell. For example 1 = DA.xlt 2 = CPC.xlt It would put these files into my workbook by inserting 1 or 2 Any help is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Here's some code that should do it for you - you may need to adjust the DIR line. good luck! jeff Sub CopySheets(booknum As Integer) 'MsgBox "made it" 'Exit Sub Dim basebook As Workbook Dim mybook As Workbook Dim sourceRange As Range Dim destrange As Range Dim FNa...

Making graphics into hyperlinks, they dont carry over into PDF?
When a graphic is right clicked in Publisher, you have the option to make it a hyperlink. When that address is entered, it seems to stick with it. The only purpose I can think of being able to do this is when converting to a PDF. I can only seem to convert to a PS and have it distilled to a PDF, not sure if this is killing those links but all the text links to seem to become clickable in the PDF, just not the graphical ones that I assigned a hyperlink to. Am I doing something wrong? PDF-XChange will do what you want. http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don - PDF-XChang...

shortcuts
How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? Position Outlook and Windows Explorer windows so you can see both. Go to the location where the file is. Right click on the file and drag to the Outlook shortcut bar. You'll get a prompt "Add to Outlook bar" or "Cancel". Click on Add to Outlook Bar. >-----Original Message----- >How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? >. > ...

Shortcut Key for delete?
Is there any keyboard shortcut for deleting a row? Instead of right click delete. -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540175 Hi, You can select the row and hold down Ctrl and press - Regards, Bondi Thank you ! :cool: -- KH_GS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KH_GS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #2
That's alot of code for a hyperlink! I'm assuming that this is for control box listbox linked to cell E1. I keep getting the syntax error I don't think I'm inserting the web address in the right location? Ca you help -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

Function to insert rows
Hi folks, I want to insert rows based on the values in a column. If the valu does not equal zero, I want a row added above that cell, if the valu does equal zero, I want it to do nothing. I was hoping I could use a IF function, but it doesn't seem to allow you to change format based o the value in a cell. Thanks, dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You'll need to use a macro. One way: Public Sub RowAboveNonZero() Dim i As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step ...

Hyperlink and dialog box
Can anyone help with this... I want double click on a hyperlink address box to open the dialog File open, so that clicking the filename in the file open dialog will put the filename in the hyperlink address box. Is this poss? if so, what is the simplest way to do so? Cheers! On Apr 10, 7:12 pm, sci <s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone help with this... > I want double click on a hyperlink address box to open the dialog File open, > so that clicking the filename in the file open dialog will put the filename > in the hyperlink address box. Is this poss? if...

remove hyperlinks #2
After copying a list of assignments from a web scheduling program into Excel, the personnel names are all hyperlinks back to the original program. I would like to remove the hyperlinks so that I can manipulate the text. I know how to do it cell by cell, but is there a way to select a block of cells and remove the hyperlinks from them all at once? Thanks for any help! You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks in your worksheet Sub test() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub Alt-F11 Insert>Module from the menubar paste the sub in there Alt-Q to go back to Excel If y...

inserting
How do you insert more than one row at a time? Hi just select some rows before inserting rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:roednbCg9PBJpA_cRVn-tg@adelphia.com... > How do you insert more than one row at a time? > > Select as many rows as you wish to insert by clicking on the row number and dragging down. It doesn't matter if the rows have data or not. XL will count the selection and insert that number of rows, starting at the row number you first clicked on. -- HTH, RD =...

EXCEL2002: Insert row with all formulas from row above
Hello, is there any way to insert a row with all formulas from the row above? Thanks and greetings Udo See David McRitchie'w InsrtRow: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm In article <6e872a06-4b1a-4a0e-af5e-16277744d1c5@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Udo <WeikEngOff@aol.com> wrote: > Hello, > > is there any way to insert a row with all formulas from the row above? > > > Thanks and greetings > Udo ...

I need to change my keyboard to insert the degree sign not ^.
I type medical documents and need to type the degree sign very often. Using the symbol area and then picking my choice is slowing down my work. I had changed this in my previous Word programs, but I can't figure out how to do it with 7. HELP. The built-in keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+@, Spacebar (that is, on U.S. keyboards, Ctrl+Shift+2, Spacebar). If that's a stretch for you (as it is for me), you may want to assign an easier shortcut; in the Symbol dialog, click on the Shortcut Key... button, type your desired shortcut, and click Assign. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

Shortcuts #2
I have a PC running Windows 98 and Excel 2000. When I am in Excel and use File - Open and opint to a file it opent it as is should. But If I create a shortcut to the file or use Windows explorer to navigate to the file then double click on it, Excel opens, but then gives me an error message saying that it can't find the file and that the path must be wrong. Why is this happening? The file is fine, since I can open it from within Excel. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this d...

Excel 2003
When I upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003, the Office Shortcut bar disappeared. How do I get it to load at bootup? -- PT ...

Inserting default value in part of input mask
I have a DB where user enters CourseName and Then CourseNumber (Primary key and Unique).. I run a code to check and display a custom error message if the value in CourseNumber is duplicate. The CourseName are actually abbreviations like AFF or PSCRB, or MFA etc... CourseNumber contains three parts i.e. CourseSerialNumberInCurrentyear +CourseName+last2digitsofCurrentYrneeds for example 001AFF09 or 029MFA09 or 010MFA10.. because of different user using the db they enter the same course no. in different formats like 001AFF09 or 001AFF2009 or 001/AFF/09 or AFF/ 001/09 and so many w...

Inserting webpage into existing webpage
Hello, I am unable to insert an additional page into my webpage without losing all of my navigation capsules on the left side of my screen. When the inserted page displays, it houses all of the capsule links, but not in the correct order. I'm very confused. This feature worked when I initially started building my webpage, but now does not complete the lask assigned. Is it possible that it cannot complete the path since I have altered the sizes of these link capsules to different sizes from page to page? I've tried every way I can find from blank page insertion to copying an ...

Hyperlink hell
Hello, I have an excel2000 work book with numerous worksheets. On eac worksheet I have one column dedicated to hyperlinked jpgs which resid on the local drive. The hyperlinks worked great, but the images wer opened up in Microsoft Picture Editor even though the jpgs ar associated with Irfanview. I never use Picture Editor it and woul prefer that the jpgs open up in Irfanview (or some other viewer if th workbook is shared with another user that may not have Picture Edito installed.). So I uninstalled Picture Editor and now the hyperlink are broken (figures) even though the hyperlink is e...