share calender and contacts with other user on my computer

my wife and i use the same computer with two different accounts and i can't
figure out how to share outlook's calender and contacts

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

accessing another users mailbox from administrator account.
How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators account throug OWA. i have no problem to accesss this from out look. thanks in advance. When going to OWA specify the mailbox you want to get into in the URL, for instance http://<servername>/exchange/<mailbox alias>. Then put your admin account and password in the logon screen. -Peter "thushya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9e8201c486e5$97ed4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators > account throug OWA. > i have no problem t...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B". If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no problem in open it as a read/write file. It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating this file regardless of how I logged in. Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated? How can I correct it? Rgds, GeEf GeEf, Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share Fi...

Deleted SystemMailbox user account
Hello all... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Some kind soul was deleting disabled accounts, and blew out the SystemMailbox accounts as well. The actual mailbox is still there, so it's possible that the user account (now tombstoned) may be recoverable. If I right-click on the mailbox, I have the option to Reconnect it to a user account. Is there any reason why I can't re-create the SystemMailbox account, following the instructions in Microsoft article 316622, except without creating the mailbox? Then, reconnect the existing mailbox with the new user account. I un...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Creating User Account & Mailbox for thousand of users
Hi All My company is running Microsoft Exchange 2003 enterprise. I can create user account and mailbox using manually method. How can I create user account + mailbox for 500 users using script or import file? Please help me. Thank you ...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Multiple identical contact entries
Hello, Can anyone help me with this strange situation? On Outlook 2003, with ActivCard Gold 3.0, when a digitally signed message comes in and I open it I consistently receive a pop up message stating: You are reading a signed or encrypted email. To send an encrypted reply to the sender of this email, create a contact with the senders email address. Do you want to create a contact with this senders email address? Then I hit "ok" to save the entry in contact. When I receive another digitally signed message, from the same individual I receive the same pop up message. If I hit &quo...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Outlook Contacts Setup Help Needed
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my computer and then reinstalled Outlook 2003 and updated everything. I saved my old outlook.pst file and put it back where it belongs. My contacts show up in contacts and my email is in the right place. I setup my account info and everything is working fine except when I send a new message and then click on "To" field I get the following error message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. F...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Can I create an auto refresh pivot table for novice users?
I am attempting to create a spreadsheet that would be used by novice users to record their time spent at various locations. This information would then be printed and forwarded to HR for payroll. I can't rely on the spreadsheet users to refresh the data, can I create a form control or something to refresh the data before printing? ...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Moving mails to a different user
One of our employee had quit and we want to move all his current and new emails to other employee (who already has a mail box). How could this be achieved? Thanks in advance. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 you can either just rename the account of the person who's left to the new person's name; or you could (if you have mailbox retention configured) delete the mailbox, then after cleanup is run, attach the mailbox to the new user's account - re-add the departed user's original smtp address as a secondary address; or you use exmerge to make a copy of the old user...

Simple Question!! 2000 SBS user without client
Hi All I have a 2000SBS with intergrated (if thats the right word?) exchange server. I have multiple users: ie joe bloggs with email: joe.bloggs@domain.co.uk Users access their email via MS outlook Client. We have a user called 'info' - their for creating info@domain.co.uk How do i go about setting joe bloggs to collect info's email? Would it be forwarding, alias'es, two accounts on one email client???????? Please advise this simple task. Info was created as a user - only for the email address purpose, i guess this should have been only created as an Alias in the first p...

Mailing Labels from Contacts
I understand how to create a mail merge document using Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 but... It would be very convienient to have a way of creating a single address label directly from an open contact similar to the "Actions | New letter to contact" choice. Is there any way of doing this? I don't see anything in the customize menu to add this option. ...

Needed: a good MS-SQL book for Access users
Can anyone here recommend a good read for an accomplished Access user (my client) to get familiar with MS-SQL? In particular, he will be training others to use Access as a (read-only) front-end reporting tool, so he will probably need a pretty good understanding of views and sprocs that call them. I don't want to overwhelm him, though. Any Access users out there who have a suggestion? TIA--Big Slim "Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server" by Mary Chipman and Andy Baron. -- --Roger Carlson www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Reply to: Roger dot Carlson at Spectrum...

Issue with adding users into CRM system.
Hi, we have following issue with adding users into CRM system. We have succesfully deployed CRM 4.0 server but when we are trying to add new users it is possible - we can add them in the CRM users tool but when they try to log into system via web interface they are unable to do it. Only the way how to have them succesfully loged in is to add them manually into the active directory group which has the administrative rights for the OU where CRM is deployed - but this is not the right way how the users should be added. Could you please advise the solution for this issue? Hi Martin, Have...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...