set up auto delete of inbox messages after message is moved

When I move a message (by dragging and dropping) to a folder outside of
outlook, I want it to disappear from my inbox.

You will need to press the Delete key.

Gwen wrote:

> When I move a message (by dragging and dropping) to a folder outside of
> outlook, I want it to disappear from my inbox.

0
Bob
2/4/2010 2:14:18 PM
I realize that pressing the delete key will delete the message.   However, in
Outlook 2003 I was able to set it up so that moving a message would delete it
from the inbox.  Just wondering if there's a way to do that in 07.

"Bob I" wrote:

> You will need to press the Delete key.
>
> Gwen wrote:
>
> > When I move a message (by dragging and dropping) to a folder outside of
> > outlook, I want it to disappear from my inbox.
>
> .

Only other way I know is to Right-click drag and drop, and then select
"Move" as the option, that will copy the item to the folder and then
move the item to the Deleted items folder.

Gwen wrote:

> I realize that pressing the delete key will delete the message.   However, in
> Outlook 2003 I was able to set it up so that moving a message would delete it
> from the inbox.  Just wondering if there's a way to do that in 07.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>You will need to press the Delete key.
>>
>>Gwen wrote:
>>

>>>When I move a message (by dragging and dropping) to a folder outside of
>>>outlook, I want it to disappear from my inbox.
>>
>>.

0
Bob
2/4/2010 3:16:47 PM
"Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I realize that pressing the delete key will delete the message.   However, in
> Outlook 2003 I was able to set it up so that moving a message would delete
> it
> from the inbox.  Just wondering if there's a way to do that in 07.

Outlook 2003 couldn't do that, either, with a setting.  Simply dragging a
message from Outlook to Windows is always a copy, not a move.  Right-click and
drag and choose Move or hold down Shift when you click and drag if you want a
move and not a copy.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to set backcolour

Error message
Converting from 2003 to 2007 excel and using pivot tables with data from a database. I attempt to link in the table from access I get this error message: "You cannot choose a connection file that is incompatible with the existing connection". What does this mean and how do I correct? Any help is greatly appreciated as I have several pivotables that need converting. Thank you. ...

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

using User properties in Inbox Rules
Enviroment: Exchange 2000 SP3 Outlook 2002 SP1 I like to setup a inbox rule based on the User property "department". The problem is, the user properties from the mails in the Inbox are always empty (in my active directory the user property "department" is filled with the correct departmentname. I think in Exchange 5.5 this functionality had worked. Any ideas to solve the requirement? ...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Need Help Deleting Blank Rows
Greetings: I have a spread sheet with data that has multiple blank rows that I would like to delete with a macro. Each row of data is different with columns that may or may not be blank. Therefore, I cannot search on a specific column to delete the row. Any help is appreciated. -- Thanks in advance...j We need some kind of rule to follow to decide if a row is considered 'blank' or not. If not a single column, then perhaps empty cells in any one of several different colums, as if a4 is empty, or g4 is empty or i4 is empty, then delete row 4 completely, or a com...

Outlook Client Auto Update Permissions #2
Can the Outlook Client Auto Update be run by users without administrative permissions? ...

Reading Pane Settings

deleteing the first information store
Currently using Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP3 + rollup on widnows 2000 advanced server I need to delete the first information store on the server to free up some space - all the mailboxes have been migrated. Except of course for the "system attendant" mailbox ( not the SMTP or system mailboxes ). Apparently there is one per server and it will be recreated in another store one the SA service is restarted. Does anyone have a specific knowledge base article for Exchange 2000 that confirms this and also an article that explains what to do if the mailbox is not automatically rec...

How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355748283_803678 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR