Set reminder for tomorrow in a new message in less than 5 clicks?

When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on the
tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following day.

However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does not
set a reminder.

It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am sending.  As
I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would like
to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key.  Suggestions?

Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007?
The shortcut key for adding a reminder is CTRL+SHIFT+G.

You can also directly click Follow Up-> Add a Reminder...-> OK which is 3
clicks away.
To save another click, you can add the Add a Reminder command to the QAT.
To save all clicks, press ALT+# (where # represents the number that is
listed for the command in the QAT) and then ENTER.

To set your default reminder time, right click on the flag column in the
main Outlook window and choose Set Quick Click...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"OahuRE" <OahuRE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on the
> tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following day.
>
> However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does not
> set a reminder.
>
> It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am sending.
> As
> I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would
> like
> to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key.  Suggestions?

0
Roady
1/31/2010 9:05:42 AM
On Jan 30, 11:05=A0pm, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
> Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007?
> The shortcut key for adding a reminder is CTRL+SHIFT+G.
>
> You can also directly click Follow Up-> Add a Reminder...-> OK which is 3
> clicks away.
> To save another click, you can add the Add a Reminder command to the QAT.
> To save all clicks, press ALT+# (where # represents the number that is
> listed for the command in the QAT) and then ENTER.
>
> To set your default reminder time, right click on the flag column in the
> main Outlook window and choose Set Quick Click...
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "OahuRE" <Oah...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on th=
> > tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following da=
y.

> > However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does =
not
> > set a reminder.
>
> > It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am sending=
..
> > As
> > I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would
> > like
> > to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key. =A0Suggestions?- Hide=
 quoted text -

Thanks, I am now down to 3 clicks, or 3 keyboard steps.

There is not an Add a Reminder command that can be added to the QAT.
I can only find a Follow-Up command when I look at all commands.  So
hitting Alt-# allows me to do it in 3 keyboard steps, but still not
one click or one hot key.  However, I am finding the keyboard steps
faster, so that is very helpful.

Is there any way to assigning my 3 keyboard steps to one hot key.  I
now can do it hitting Alt-# - R =96 Enter.

3 keyboard steps is better than 5 clicks so I am moving in the right
direction.
0
Bryn
1/31/2010 9:55:27 PM
You're right, it's only available as an entire menu; sorry about that.
No, the only way to do this faster would be to use VBA I'm afraid.

--

"Bryn" <brynkaufman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 30, 11:05 pm, "Roady [MVP]"
> <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
>> Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007?
>> The shortcut key for adding a reminder is CTRL+SHIFT+G.
>>
>> You can also directly click Follow Up-> Add a Reminder...-> OK which is 3
>> clicks away.
>> To save another click, you can add the Add a Reminder command to the QAT.
>> To save all clicks, press ALT+# (where # represents the number that is
>> listed for the command in the QAT) and then ENTER.
>>
>> To set your default reminder time, right click on the flag column in the
>> main Outlook window and choose Set Quick Click...
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "OahuRE" <Oah...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on
>> > the
>> > tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following
>> > day.
>>
>> > However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does
>> > not
>> > set a reminder.
>>
>> > It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am
>> > sending.
>> > As
>> > I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would
>> > like
>> > to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key.  Suggestions?- Hide
>> > quoted text -

> Thanks, I am now down to 3 clicks, or 3 keyboard steps.
>
> There is not an Add a Reminder command that can be added to the QAT.
> I can only find a Follow-Up command when I look at all commands.  So
> hitting Alt-# allows me to do it in 3 keyboard steps, but still not
> one click or one hot key.  However, I am finding the keyboard steps
> faster, so that is very helpful.
>
> Is there any way to assigning my 3 keyboard steps to one hot key.  I
> now can do it hitting Alt-# - R � Enter.
>
> 3 keyboard steps is better than 5 clicks so I am moving in the right
> direction.

0
Roady

Duplicate messages ++++ HELP....
I am using Outlook 2002. Setup with one email account only as on offline user to 5.5 Exchange. When I do the send/receive via dial up I pull down whatever messages are on the Server down to the .PST file. Yet when I dial in again I get the same messages over and over. Again I only have one email account setup on the laptop. And it is setup to work offline with a .PST file. Everything I have read and found pertaining to this is if you have multiple acounts setup under the send/receive. This is not the case here. Getting tired of Microsofts constant change and lack of documentation of ...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...

How do I set Outlook as my email rather than my ISP?
I'm a complete novice. We are changing ISP and have been told to use Outlook or MSN in future to save changing email addresses every time we change ISP. We have XP and broadband if that means anything. How do I do this please? Outlook doesn't give you an email address, it just retrieves mail. You might want to sign up for a GMail account so you don't have to change addresses if you change ISPs. Outlook can retrieve GMail pretty easily. "redgandalf3" <redgandalf3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFFDE-533D-4B57-913E-AF4D94F218B0@micro...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

Setting LOGIC PD3000U pole display
I am having trouble setting the LOGIC PD3000U pole display. Do you know what driver I need and what are the steps to show prices on the pole display ? Thank you. -- GCI Use OPOS drivers and in SO Manager - database - register list - properties - pole display assign the device name there and optionally a pole display message. I think your model is USB - I've only worked with the serial port units, hopefully USB won't give you any issues - they've acted up on us before....hope this helps "gci1000" wrote: > I am having trouble setting the LOGIC PD3000U pole dis...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

Requery
Hi all Got a mind block and this "has" to be presented in the morning. Just putting finnishing touches to new DB and ..... Private Sub PaySource_AfterUpdate() Me.PaySource2.RowSource = "SELECT ID, Item FROM" & " tblPay2SourceSpecific WHERE PayTypeID = " & Me.PaySource & " " Me.PaySource2 = Me.PaySource2.ItemData(0) Me.Requery End Sub Code work fine - but - need to requery the form to set combo items but this causes the focus to be taken back to tab stop 1. Need it to set focus to another control (PaySource2). ???? Many thanks (13...

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

outlook calander #5
I know Vista has a calendar that can be used for events and will show events when do. I have set outlook calendar as the default so will events show up when vista loads or just when outlook is open? It would make more sense if it showed events when vista loads since it's the default calendar than just when outlook is opened. Outlook must be open to function. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Gh...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

manual Control Messages in MFC
I m sure someone done this before my CFormView derived class has a few checkboxes. I want to force the message handlers of all the checkboxes to be called when I change (check/uncheck) one of them. I dont want to use the group thing. my code is like this CMyFormView::OnCheck1() { m_bStatusCode = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_COMPILE_CODE )))->GetCheck() ? TRUE : FALSE; m_MyGUI = COMPILE_CODE; /* needs to send the notify the parent to execute the other message handlers*/ } CMyFormView::OnCheck2() { m_bStatusAssets = ((CButton *)(GetDlgItem( IDC_CHECK_BUILD_ASSETS )))->GetCh...

When collecting data by using e-mail messages
I'm getting the Warning message - these email messages might contain data that is of a confidential or sensitive nature - and it's not giving me access to the Create button in the wizard. The suggestion is to remove any fields in my message that might contain the confidential data, but there are none. How do I get around this? -- boniG When I said "there are none", I meant that none of the fields contain data of a sensitive or confidential nature. I even tried removing every field except the very first one which is simply a text field with the identificat...

Adding a new company to exsiting Exchange Server
I have an exsiting domain and our company just purchased another company and we are moving them to our location and we want to add their users to our exchange server. I have went to the website msexchange.org and followed the Shared hosting with exchange part 1. 1 I dont have ADSI Edit tool and we planned on them joining our domain, is this going to be a probblem? 2. When adding users to the new OU it defaults to our domain email and not the new company email what did I miss? Thank you for your time on this manner. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:19:04 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.micro...

reminder service #2
I've read these newsgroups as well as Google searches. Everything say to start outlook with one of two switches to get rid of the annoying error message "Cannot start the reminder service. Unable to show reminders". Basically, neither of the two command line switches do anything. I can start Outlook with the switch and it starts fine. Soon as I start Outlook again however without the switch, I will usually see the error message. I don't use reminders and I never have. Why does this error box message appear??? It is very annoying especially when I'm composing a message...

how do I set the fond color?
I wantede to set the colour for whole page. I tried but, it's only the text or image that I selected have my selected colour, not the whole page. Thanks in advance for your reply and advice. Zulaa What version Publisher? In 2002 or 03, format, background. In other versions, view, Go to background (ctrl+m) create a box, fill it with a color, no line. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Zulaa" <Zulaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4D8F6F4-6857-4A70-A94E-8864CFD702B6@microsoft.com....

Cannot open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened
Please advise: This morning I wanted to copy my pst file to laptop -via home network. Outlook hickupped against that. I then made an archive file in same directory and copied that via via to laptop. NO SETTINGS WERE CHANGED. Then I closed doen computer normally. Now, returning home after work, starting Outlook, it gives the message: Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened . Can anyone advise me please what I should be doing? thanks magsie Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

OE mail template "new" and "replay" modify
hi I am not sure this is the proper group for outlook express, but anyway: is it possible to modify the templates of an e-mail message "new" and "reply" - i need to have the field "Bcc" (hidden copy) filled with a default e-mail address string - in Outlook Express -- best regards, mac maziek wrote: > hi > > I am not sure this is the proper group for outlook express, but anyway: > > is it possible to modify the templates of an e-mail message "new" and > "reply" - i need to have the field "Bcc" (hidden copy) ...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

Average #5
could this be worked out in excel? Thanks Rob what is the average no of years service ? No of years service No of people Less than 1yrs 5 More than 1 less than 3yrs 10 More than 3 less than 5yrs 14 More than 5 less than 7yrs 9 More than 7 less than 9yrs 4 More than 9 +yrs 16 -- www.robmarshall.net Hi Rob Obviously there is some source data that allowed the original allocation of numbers of people into bands. You need to work wi...