sent box - show sent to

how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from?
--
deb

deb wrote:

> how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from?

Add/remove whatever columns you want.  Right-click on the header row and
select Field Chooser.
0
VanguardLH
2/26/2010 2:06:29 AM
i may have not explained myself too well

i dont want to sort by the "to" column

i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from"

i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its
just a folder named "sent"

its for my boss, he has more than one email account all in the same outlook
file so he's separted one of the addresses into a separate inbox folder and
then he's has a subfolder for "sent" when the sent item drop into that folder
for some reason the header on the emails changes from sent "to" to sent
"from" when they are moved to that folder

does that make sense? i really haven't had enough coffee for this today :)

--
deb

deb wrote:

> i may have not explained myself too well
>
> i dont want to sort by the "to" column
>
> i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from"
>
> i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its
> just a folder named "sent"
>
> its for my boss, he has more than one email account all in the same outlook
> file so he's separted one of the addresses into a separate inbox folder and
> then he's has a subfolder for "sent" when the sent item drop into that folder
> for some reason the header on the emails changes from sent "to" to sent
> "from" when they are moved to that folder
>
> does that make sense? i really haven't had enough coffee for this today :)

Did you even try what I said?  If you want a particular column (field) then
add it.  Adding a column doesn't mean you have to remove another one.  They
are separate columns.  You could have To, From, and E-mail Account all
displayed if you want.  Adding a column has nothing to do with on which one
you use for sorting.
0
VanguardLH
2/26/2010 4:42:29 AM
sorry, should have said yes i did try what you said

when i right click on the header row i dont get the option field chooser

am i not clicking in the right place
--
deb

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> deb wrote:
>
> > i may have not explained myself too well
> >
> > i dont want to sort by the "to" column
> >
> > i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from"
> >
> > i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its
> > just a folder named "sent"
> >
> > its for my boss, he has more than one email account all in the same outlook
> > file so he's separted one of the addresses into a separate inbox folder and
> > then he's has a subfolder for "sent" when the sent item drop into that folder
> > for some reason the header on the emails changes from sent "to" to sent
> > "from" when they are moved to that folder
> >
> > does that make sense? i really haven't had enough coffee for this today :)
>
> Did you even try what I said?  If you want a particular column (field) then
> add it.  Adding a column doesn't mean you have to remove another one.  They
> are separate columns.  You could have To, From, and E-mail Account all
> displayed if you want.  Adding a column has nothing to do with on which one
> you use for sorting.
> .

ok, expanding the columns out lets me see field chooser but it wont let me
select "to"

now i'm feeling dumb :)
--
deb

deb wrote:

> ok, expanding the columns out lets me see field chooser but it wont let me
> select "to"
>
> now i'm feeling dumb :)

Right-click on the header row.  From the context menu, select Field Chooser.
Now you have to pick a category of fields to find the one you want.  Since
you are looking to an e-mail header field, pick Address Fields.  If a field
isn't shown then it is already added as a column.  You can't add multiples
of the same field.

If the "To" field is not listed, it is already in your view (i.e., already
added as a column).  Maybe you have to scroll further to see it.  You can
drag the headers in any position you want (so the "To" field could be on the
left side of the pane).  It could be you squashed the column so you can't
see it.  You'll than have to drag around the vertical edges of the columns
to see if one of them happens to expand the To field.

Some columns apply only to certain type of folders.  Is the user-defined
"Sent" folder that you created actually an e-mail type folder?
0
VanguardLH
2/26/2010 8:08:15 AM
"deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent
> from?

Change the view from Messages to Sent To.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

> Add/remove whatever columns you want.  Right-click on the header row and
> select Field Chooser.

What a round-about way to do what the OP wants.  All they need to do is choose
the correct "Sent To" view.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/26/2010 1:19:29 PM

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent
> > from?
>
> Change the view from Messages to Sent To.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .Hi Brian,
Now we are getting somewhere..............we are half way there.  Is it
possible to have my 'Committee file', (which I, like Deb, created), list the
'to' and 'from' emails, as before your tweak, in the date order without
separating them?
:)

"urpal" <urpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Now we are getting somewhere..............we are half way there.  Is it
> possible to have my 'Committee file', (which I, like Deb, created), list the
> 'to' and 'from' emails, as before your tweak, in the date order without
> separating them?

Without separating them?  I don't know what you're describing.  In what way
are they separated?  The Sent To view default is to sort by Sent date.  And
what's a "Committee" file?  Outlook doesn't present files in its views.  It
presents messages or events or tasks or contacts or...
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/26/2010 2:45:43 PM

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "urpal" <urpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Now we are getting somewhere..............we are half way there.  Is it
> > possible to have my 'Committee file', (which I, like Deb, created), list the
> > 'to' and 'from' emails, as before your tweak, in the date order without
> > separating them?
>
> Without separating them?  I don't know what you're describing.  In what way
> are they separated?  The Sent To view default is to sort by Sent date.  And
> what's a "Committee" file?  Outlook doesn't present files in its views.  It
> presents messages or events or tasks or contacts or...
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> Hi Brian,
In Outlook I have created lots of new folders for the various committees I
am part of. In these I  save all the relevant emails...both 'to' and 'from'.
The emails 'from' me, I move from Outlook's 'Sent' folder to my own one.  In
the created folder they show as 'from' me.  Using your suggested View 'to' is
good but it does split it all up into alphabetical order, which in turn
disrupts the date order.
Brian...I have done it! thank you for your help which showed me the way!  xxx

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:

> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message
>
>> Add/remove whatever columns you want.  Right-click on the header row and
>> select Field Chooser.
>
> What a round-about way to do what the OP wants.  All they need to do is choose
> the correct "Sent To" view.

Assuming that pre-defined view is what they want.  If all they want is to
add one column, how is selecting someone else's precept of a total view a
better solution?
0
VanguardLH
2/26/2010 11:43:29 PM

> Brian...I have done it! thank you for your help which showed me the way!
> xxx

I'm glad to have helped.  I'm sure it would be a beneficial to others reading
this thread if you post your final solution.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

How do I expand the Name Box?
When I name a range, it is posted to the Name Box (next to the formula bar). However, the full name is not displayed due to the size of the name box. Thanks. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Names.html#misc -- HTH Bob Phillips "JohnnyQuick" <JohnnyQuick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739ADDEF-AAA5-4623-B842-DA272EFE04B9@microsoft.com... > When I name a range, it is posted to the Name Box (next to the formula bar). > However, the full name is not displayed due to the size of the name box. > Thanks. You can do this only through code...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

form entry based on combo box/lookup
ok. I have been marauding these forums for awhile now and first of thanks to all those whom help others out... makes a difference. This is my first post in here and hopefully this will make sense... I have three tables. one for clients one for employees and one for hourly charges this database is going to end up being remotely accessed > still working on that part as well... but here is my current hurdle... I have a form that outputs to the hourly charges table but pulls information from clients for the "PROPERTYNAME" and "COSTPERONSITE". and from employees for...

Two combo box for a report 09-11-07
Hello, A blessed day to you all! I have another question regarding reports. Let me try to explain this as far as i can..Please bear with me.. What i have done so far.. I have a simple report to display Issue Vouchers for a Certain Site. I have created an unbound form with a Combo Box (List of Site i have created base on the Site table) which will ask the user what Site only to be displayed in the report, so basically the user is trying to filter. So when the user choose a site example, Head Office and press the Preview button then the report will filter and display the report with only th...

Auto Fill Text Box
I am having trouble getting a text box to auto fill from a choice made from a combo box. Combo Box Name is Address_21 Text Box Name is City_1 My code is as follows: 'Auto Fill CES Spec Written Office Private Sub ShowCity_1() Dim Address_21 As Variant Dim City_1 As Variant If UserForm1.Address_21 = "2306 Long Green Court" Then UserForm1.City_1 = Valrico If UserForm1.Address_21 = "3440 Oakcliff Road" Then UserForm1.City_1 = Atlanta If UserForm1.Address_21 = "7015 East 14th Aveneue" Then UserForm1.City_1 = Tampa...

Disabled Users / Deleted Mail Boxes
Hi. Exchange 2003 I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it will help. Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the Account but I can delete the MB's... Thanks g On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:32:02 -0700, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. > >Exchange 200...

SETTING UP MAIL BOX
I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be in the signing up boxes. Thanks in anticipation of your advice. Geoff Hutchinson "GEOFF HUTCHINSON" <geoffpat@sky.com> wrote in message news:OhAMOwayKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried various combinations of server & address for both outgoing and >incoming mail without any success. Please advise a novice on what should be >in the signing up boxes. > > Thanks in anticipa...

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Combo Box Populating
I have two fields on a table, called Type1 and Type2. I created a form based upon these fields and i need help in what i want to do. On this form i have two combo boxes, combo1 and combo2. From combo1 i want to be able to select a value, and upon doing this, combo2 will be populated with specific data based on what i selected. Combo1 Combo2 Scouting Beavers Cubs Guiding Rainbows ...

Requery a Combo Box List
I have a combo box in a Tabular Form which has a drop down box select, but if I put the word Green in the list , the option to select it in the next box doesn't show untill I close the form and open it again is there a way to update it straight away........Thanx ....Bob Use code like the following in the AfterUpdate event of the combo: Private Sub MyCombo_AfterUpdate() Me.NameOfComboToRequery.Requery End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:evmhs8$d3q...

Can not leave the Edit box empty when associate it with a float variable
I am using an Edit control in Dialog to input float data, I associated a float variable with the Edit control. When I try to change the input, I use backspace to delete all the digits, but the program was terminated with an error at this time. I have to be carefull for not deleting all the digits in Edit box(one digit have to be there). But you can not always avoid that. Does anybody know how to avoid this problem? Thanks in advance! >I am using an Edit control in Dialog to input float data, I associated a >float variable with the Edit control. When I try to change the input, I...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

List Box Values
Can I use values from a list box/combo box in a formula and if so how do I do that? TIA Sorry wrong NG "Mike Cramsey" <mcrams@adams.net> wrote in message news:%23b6IdNn1EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I use values from a list box/combo box in a formula and if so how do I > do that? > TIA > ...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Dialog boxes
I want to have a dialog box pop up when I open an excel workbook. I just want it to say something like 'enter name in cell A6" and then have an "OK" button that closes the pop up. Any assistance would be appreciated Hi Open the VB editor (Alt F11 or similar). Menu Insert > Module. Paste this into the module: Sub Auto_open() MsgBox "enter name in cell A6", vbOKOnly, _ "Any assistance would be appreciated" Range("A6").Select End Sub Save, close, reopen. HTH. Best wishes Harald "webster" <webster@discussions.microsoft....

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

list box 06-08-07
Hi! I have two list boxes, one shows the list of creditors,"listCred", and the other,"listAR", shows the list of accounts receivable. How can I make the latter list show only the accounts of the creditor that i clicked from the former list? Thanks! -- ai® Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Answered in UtterAccess, where you posted the same question. http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=83&Number=1431290&Zf=&Zw=&Zg=0&Zl=a&Main=1431285&Search...

Comment Box
Is it possible to assign the comment box (ctrl +F10) to an item, so when that item is sold the comment box appears to force the cashier to enter details. Any help would be great. Thanks -- Gary yes it is a small development - is it for all items or some items? Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Gary McManus" <GaryMcManus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:122A0F00-3BDC-4B9C-8BAC-4A31587EC57A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to assign the comment box (ctrl +F10) to an item, so when > that > item is sold th...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...